Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Champion System Catch-up Mechanic

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep it simple...you're going to end up creating more problems than what you hope to fix...

-Keep the Cap at 501 (until the next wave)
    -Keep the exp required for each where it is now (not PTS but live as of 10/7/15)
    -apply a permanent enlightenment bonus for anyone less than 400 CPs
    -use enlightenment at largely increased rates so if someone is below 100, maybe they get a 300% boost, if over 100 but below 200 they get a 250% - 200% boost, if above 200 but below 300 give a 200% - 150% boost and from 300 - 400 give a 150% - 100% boost, and 400 - 499 maybe a 100% to 50% boost but once you hit 500, there should be no enlightenment boost just a normal bonus and the same exp rates.

I have no idea why they are making this harder than it needs to be

I thought it was pretty elegant. I agree they shouldn't raise the cap any higher than 501, and I also agree they should add an enlightenment component if you are under the cap.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info.

Can y'all also share your plans for increasing the CP cap? For example: time frame, amount adjusted, etc.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    jluchau wrote: »
    zornyan wrote: »
    Xeven wrote: »
    silky_soft wrote: »
    If the cap was 3600 it would be 1902657 from 3599 to 3600. Problem we are having is with this implementation it is penalizing those that have not ground out 1000+ cp.

So someone at 2000 would need to get 2210934xp for 2001 cp. But this is not the case because earlier we found out that for 698th champ point you'll need 2377344.

((3599/(3600^0.95))+0.08)*400000 = 634,219

It's only tripled if you exceed the cap.

So especially you're happy to have a rough number of 2-3 million per cp for anyone that remotely played the game since releaae?

I've played at least 5 days a weak since launch... I have 103 CP's currently. I understand I'm no where near as active as some but I suspect i'm about average. I suspect the way this works nobody will be in the 2-3 million xp per cp range.

The 2-3million XP per CP range corresponds to 600-900 CP. There's probably a few hundred people or less than .1% of the player base in that range, so not nobody, but very few people.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just boost enlightenment?

LOL. This is brilliant.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    It should never cost more than the 400k experience that it costs now to earn a CP, even above the cap.

The whole point of the catch up mechanic is to allow people that play less to get to the threshold and put everyone on an even playing field (or closer to it).

Making it harder for people to gain the CP after 338 seems counter productive. If 338 CP is the threshold for the catch up mechanic with the first cap then It should cost a maximum of 400k per CP after that.
    Edited by Geemarc on October 8, 2015 12:27AM
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep it simple...you're going to end up creating more problems than what you hope to fix...

-Keep the Cap at 501 (until the next wave)
    -Keep the exp required for each where it is now (not PTS but live as of 10/7/15)
    -apply a permanent enlightenment bonus for anyone less than 400 CPs
    -use enlightenment at largely increased rates so if someone is below 100, maybe they get a 300% boost, if over 100 but below 200 they get a 250% - 200% boost, if above 200 but below 300 give a 200% - 150% boost and from 300 - 400 give a 150% - 100% boost, and 400 - 499 maybe a 100% to 50% boost but once you hit 500, there should be no enlightenment boost just a normal bonus and the same exp rates.

I have no idea why they are making this harder than it needs to be

If the average player is at ~90 CP, I wouldn't be surprised if they already have enlightenment during a huge chunk of their play time. For that player, permanent enlightenment won't make too much of a difference without additional changes to how it works.

They have the right idea. They can just tweak the formula to achieve their goals while keeping players mostly satisfied. The system on PTS behaves just like a normal leveling system, so it's really easy to understand on the surface. Since there is something that currently exists to compare to though, it's expected that people won't agree with specifics about it. I'm not sold on the numbers either.

For those who have issues with the 3x multiplier past cap, considering that most games don't let you level past level cap at all, this is more than generous. It rewards the most dedicated players with a brief head start every time the cap goes up, and those same people will naturally level fast when the cap goes up so they'll have a good period of being ahead of the pack. I'd prefer that XP at cap went towards something completely different to be honest. Until they add a system that can take advantage of that though, this is pretty fair for now.
    Edited by Yattaq on October 8, 2015 12:39AM
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's sad is that for players above the cap by a significant margin, enlightenment will be the only way they can earn CP.

Also, how will ZOS adjust players that have 400-800 million total CP exp? I ask because these players currently have ~1-2k CP, but after the update that same CP exp total only equates ~600-1k CP. Are those players able to maintain their CP total even though they haven't earned close to enough CP experience using the proposed system to reach that amount? Seriously, plot 800,000,000 CP exp under the new system, it is nowhere near 2k CP; not even close. This seems like a huge oversight by ZOS.

EDIT: And this CP exp total is being generous and purposely neglecting enlightenment and the bonus CP amount for being at max leve when implemented. Most players with 1k+ CP have far less than 400k CP exp earned per point. In fact, to attain 2k CP by Orsinium's launch will require roughly 700 million CP exp, or 13% less overall.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on October 8, 2015 1:21AM
  • ClikC
    ClikC
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all!
    With the new system, the formula used to calculate the amount of XP needed to gain a single Champion Point is as follows:
    ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.95)) + 0.08) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.

Thanks for Clarification, and can we get more posts like these which give us the formulae for internal game calculations please.

My suggested change is this.

((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.98)) + 0.08) * 400000

However, due to the way you have set out the formula, even with this change, anyone over champion rank 407 has to earn more XP per champion rank than people who are beyond the 501 cap now (or CP rank 337 with the original power of 0.95).

Assuming that the enlightenment system works off the same formula, granting 1 champion's ranks worth 'enlightened XP' per day, with a 12 day cap.

And assuming that we see 93 days of Orsinium before the next major DLC release.

A power of 0.99 requires: 68 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.98 requires: 94 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.97 requires: 119 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.96 requires: 142 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.95 requires: 164 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    ClikC - Insane Lockpicking Murderer.

Momento Mori. Troll Patrol. Exterminatus. SatGNU.
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a great way to punish your loyal players for actually playing your game! Thanks ZOS!(:
    (Sarcastic)
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already edit it mate

There's a lag for when a post is submitted on our end and when it gets approved. Sorry :-(

@ZOS_RyanRuzich

Thanks a lot for posting this and taking your time to answer the questions. It takes a lot of balls to do that, especially with a intelligent and demanding community as ours. I fully understand how hard and frustrating it can be to talk with the customer and deal with real time feedback, you don't have to discuss your product yet you come here to ease our nerves. Such attitude renewed my faith in the company.

Now, you have the champion system, it grants 3,600 points worth of passives. All those passives can be so powerful together it's untrue. I don't know if the system is being made so we can have an illusion of progress or it is intended that each one of us reach the 3,600. I can tell you though, we all will be way too overpowered for everything.

Maybe this suggestion falls in deaf ears, but at least I'll know I tried. I think you should keep the same amount of XP needed for each point and limit the total points that one can spend to 1,200. You demonstrated that it is possible to limit how many points the user spend. That would give a lot of progress to those who like that sort of stuff. Would allow us to have more diverse builds, would do away with most if not all concerns. I think 1,200 CPs is very achievable in a year or less.

See this way, I'm a werewolf, I got all guilds, legermaiden, I actually maxed all weapons and armors lines and all crafting professions. I'm still missing about 30 points from Alliance War Rank but...with 298 skill points, I cannot max all weapons, armours, crafting, class skills, guilds, etc. I CANNOT max all of it. Why should we be able to max CP and have access to all passives anyways?
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cously

I agree that the cap should be far less than 3,600. Personally I'd say anything less than 1,440 (40%) is good as this forces some choices. Even less would be better though.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on October 8, 2015 1:30AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to triple it...

Besides if you check the other thread people have been posting up numbers of which they require for next cp, and people over 500 are already needing over a million, and people at 700+ are into several million per cp.

So especially you're happy to have a rough number of 2-3 million per cp for anyone that remotely played the game since releaae?

That's what the catch up system is supposed to do.

No a catch up system is supposed to help buff lower cp players gain at an increased rate, like giving them 3x enlightenment per day, in fact when anyone hits 338 cp they will be earning even slower, so someone at say 50cp now might only hit 550 by the next DLC and next cap increase, but the people a 100 now will start to hit a really hard wall after 400 cp, and they won't want to start grinding 500k per cp.

This is more of a 'slow down' than a catch up mechanic, along with posting off a large majority of the player base, they are actually making it easier for people with lots of cp now to start hundreds of cp ahead in the future.

that is correct, and seriously needs to change.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Would allow us to have more diverse builds, would do away with most if not all concerns. I think 1,200 CPs is very achievable in a year or less.

Clearly if the average CP of PC players is only 93, and this on active accounts, then also clearly it will take a LOT longer than a year to achieve 1200 CP. Even players who have been playing over a year can attest to this, many of them have sub-200 CP and play several times a week. What you are suggesting would ONLY benefit those who currently have ultra-high CP, and would not benefit the majority of those in the game who are trying to catch up.

I do agree though that the XP requirements for CP shouldn't impact players as harshly until they reach closer to the 501 mark- but- it also depends a lot on how often ZOS plans to increase the CP cap. If it is every DLC, or every three months, then a lower requirement is reasonable. However, if they only plan to increase the cap every six months or year, then I can see why they'd want to slow down progression sooner so that players don't hit the cap before the cap is raised.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    For those who prefer graphics (Plots are based on the 501 cap):

http://fooplot.com/plot/khhyy9dxgx
    http://fooplot.com/plot/tlk2778c6l

Yes, thank you. !

Quite linear..
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Besides if you check the other thread people have been posting up numbers of which they require for next cp, and people over 500 are already needing over a million, and people at 700+ are into several million per cp.

No a catch up system is supposed to help buff lower cp players gain at an increased rate, like giving them 3x enlightenment per day, in fact when anyone hits 338 cp they will be earning even slower, so someone at say 50cp now might only hit 550 by the next DLC and next cap increase, but the people a 100 now will start to hit a really hard wall after 400 cp, and they won't want to start grinding 500k per cp.

This is more of a 'slow down' than a catch up mechanic, along with posting off a large majority of the player base, they are actually making it easier for people with lots of cp now to start hundreds of cp ahead in the future.

It isn't correct...because (math).

No one is going to hit 338 CP that is at 50CP now by the time the Cap is raised.

The goal of a "Catchup mechanic" isn't to completely negate the work done by players who committed themselves to the champion system by giving everyone the same CPs.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

No one is going to hit 338 CP that is at 50CP now by the time the Cap is raised.

The goal of a "Catchup mechanic" isn't to completely negate the work done by players who committed themselves to the champion system by giving everyone the same CPs.

Yes they will, that's only around 88 hours of grinding.

edit: not including englightenment
    Edited by silky_soft on October 8, 2015 1:58AM
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel that it should never require more than 400,000 XP to earn a CP. Making it require millions of XP to earn a CP that other players got for only 400,000 XP? That feels like a reward to the grinders and exploiters who got us in this position in the first place! When the CP cap jumps to 600 or 750 or whatever, they will already be there. They will have access to CP totals that are borderline impossible for anyone else to reach now. So they will have an advantage almost grandfathered in, especially every time the cap is increased, for a long time to come.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

88 hours of "grinding" to a segment of players who don't grind and are probably playing 6-10 hours a week.

If you're just going give everyone the same CPs with no differentiation why dont you just give everyone VR16 templates with 3600 CPs and stick a fork in the game.

The way this growth curve (including pre and post cap) is designed is to bunch the most active players around the cap. The super casuals will never get close to the cap, nor should they.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

88 hours of "grinding" to a segment of players who don't grind and are probably playing 6-10 hours a week.

If you're just going give everyone the same CPs with no differentiation why dont you just give everyone VR16 templates with 3600 CPs and stick a fork in the game.

The way this growth curve (including pre and post cap) is designed is to bunch the most active players around the cap. The super casuals will never get close to the cap, nor should they.

Ok, if they just burnt enlightenment alone, that's 175 days.
    We'll say they aren't experienced grinders and can only achieve 400k/h while they farm for materials in the new zone or in IC for trophies. They farm for 6 hours a week and jibajab for 4 hours. That makes up their 10 hours.
    At a rate of 4.2m xp/week that's only 17 weeks to get to 338cp.
    You mix in long weeknds, leave, rdo and xp scrolls you could get that down to before the next cap. But why would you when the next cap will cut down your time to get higher faster.
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I feel that it should never require more than 400,000 XP to earn a CP. Making it require millions of XP to earn a CP that other players got for only 400,000 XP? That feels like a reward to the grinders and exploiters who got us in this position in the first place! When the CP cap jumps to 600 or 750 or whatever, they will already be there. They will have access to CP totals that are borderline impossible for anyone else to reach now. So they will have an advantage almost grandfathered in, especially every time the cap is increased, for a long time to come.

Thats true but thats fine. Everyone keeps looking at XP instead of balance of power.

If I have 90 CP, Im going to have a rough time fighting Ezareth with 400. Give Ezareth 2000 CP and he will be like Neo in the Matrix.

Your CP costs a bit more, but your game will be better for it.

EDIT
    I dont think it should cost more until after cap though. The formula should top out at 400k xp before the cap, then resume and multiply by 3 after the cap.

Edited by Xeven on October 8, 2015 2:30AM
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooo
    Wollust wrote: »
    Great formula. Seriously. Very good to catch up those first 300 CPs which are by far the ones that make the biggest difference.
    I have one concern though. Why am I getting punished for having more than the Cap? I played your game on a daily basis since the release, I payed my sub (since the release of the game in 2014) for more exp and because I think this game is worth putting the money in, i bought scrolls and potions to boost my exp because I didn't want to fall behind. Now I'm sitting on almost 700 CPs with no chance of earning many more in the future because your tripling rule is preventing me from doing so. Why is this necessairy? Isn't it enough that every player above the cap loses progression they made over the past few months? I'm fine with not being able to spend approx. 250 cp as of november, but I'm not fine with the fact that every new CP will cost me millions to earn. And all because I played your game loyally.

Just sayin' he and the others like him, I'll be one of them soon, @ZOS_RyanRuzich should get a answer on this..

I guess you could say, "The needs of the many outweigh, the needs of the few..." lol.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Thats true but thats fine. Everyone keeps looking at XP instead of balance of power.

If I have 90 CP, Im going to have a rough time fighting Ezareth with 400. Give Ezareth 2000 CP and he will be like Neo in the Matrix.

Your CP costs a bit more, but your game will be better for it.

EDIT
    I dont think it should cost more until after cap though. The formula should top out at 400k xp before the cap, then resume and multiply by 3 after the cap.

You're one of the lucky one's below the soft cap. It's like real life. *** over the middle class.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    vanzan wrote: »
    Question I have is, post season 1 will this formula actually allow people to catch-up?
    Based on the average CP and this formula what do you expect the average person to earn?

Let me make some assumptions

Assume average CP earned per season is 258

Season 1 Cap 501
    Average CP at End of Season 1 = 338
    Gap = 163 CP

Season 2 Cap 1000
    Average CP at End of Season 2 - 596 CP
    Gap = 404

Season 3 Cap 1500
    Average CP at End of Season 3 - 854 CP
    Gap = 646

I would assume that catch-up would mean the "average" gap would be getting smaller not larger?

My numbers are all based on a few assumptions however I am trying to illustrate a point to ensure that it is considered.

Ty for your time.

Um no if you look at the average of 93CP in the 210 days since Champion system launched to Nov 2 then you get ~.44CP per day. If players keep earning XP at the same rate with the catch up system in place then the average will go up 83CP in 90 days.
    On the other end, people with 501+ CP will only gain between 42-45 CP in 90 days.

This is complicated math because you have to solve for the upper value of when the the two integrals is equal. If you want to see the math I can post it, but unless you understand integral calculus it won't help.

If you consider that this is basically a doubling of the average CP in only the last ~25% of the time since Champion system launched it seems to be a very effective curve to close the gap.

The real question is how much they will increase the cap per season, because the higher you raise the cap, the less effective the catch-up mechanic becomes.

In other words people above the cap will eventually fall below it, people below the cap but above the 1CP per day rate will have a hard time keeping up with the cap and people below the 1CP per day rate will rocket up quickly.
    Seems exactly what was intended.
    Edited by Tyr on October 8, 2015 5:54PM
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    Will enlightenment still grant 1 CP per day or no?
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all!
    With the new system, the formula used to calculate the amount of XP needed to gain a single Champion Point is as follows:
    ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.95)) + 0.08) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.

Thanks for Clarification, and can we get more posts like these which give us the formulae for internal game calculations please.

My suggested change is this.

((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.98)) + 0.08) * 400000

However, due to the way you have set out the formula, even with this change, anyone over champion rank 407 has to earn more XP per champion rank than people who are beyond the 501 cap now (or CP rank 337 with the original power of 0.95).

Assuming that the enlightenment system works off the same formula, granting 1 champion's ranks worth 'enlightened XP' per day, with a 12 day cap.

And assuming that we see 93 days of Orsinium before the next major DLC release.

A power of 0.99 requires: 68 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.98 requires: 94 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.97 requires: 119 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.96 requires: 142 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.
    A power of 0.95 requires: 164 campion ranks above 400k XP per rank, to hit the CP cap.

So there's 2 things that go on if you shift the .95 closer to 1. The first thing that happens is that it becomes easier for players above 337 to reach the cap.
    The second thing, though is that it makes it harder for players to get to 337 and those players below 337 are the biggest priority for them.
    On the other hand if they just used the cap itself without a fractional exponent, then as they raise the cap it will take less and less time to get the cap until eventually when the cap approaches the max of 3600 new players will reach the cap too quickly.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have time to post except to say that i don't mind the champion point cap but I don't like what happens to people between 400-500 points. It shouldn't cost more than 400kxp per champion point under the 501 point limit. Anyway have to go now because I have to grind my next 100 before patch hits so i don't have an xp penalty on last 100 points. (I've never bothered to grind points before this)
    Edited by ashlee17 on October 8, 2015 5:57AM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »

See this would be fine with me IF we hadn't already had a system where people could grind more at a cheaper rate.

If there were implement this new system then change everyone's total CP to match these values I would be fine, however you're going to upset a lot of hardcore grinders that way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vanzan wrote: »
    Question I have is, post season 1 will this formula actually allow people to catch-up?
    Based on the average CP and this formula what do you expect the average person to earn?

Let me make some assumptions

Assume average CP earned per season is 258

Season 1 Cap 501
    Average CP at End of Season 1 = 338
    Gap = 163 CP

Season 2 Cap 1000
    Average CP at End of Season 2 - 596 CP
    Gap = 404

Season 3 Cap 1500
    Average CP at End of Season 3 - 854 CP
    Gap = 646

I would assume that catch-up would mean the "average" gap would be getting smaller not larger?

My numbers are all based on a few assumptions however I am trying to illustrate a point to ensure that it is considered.

Ty for your time.

Yes and no.

This formula will not allow players who are extremely casual a chance to "catch up" to players who are hard core or extremely active.

It *will* however allow players who are new to the game and extremely active a chance to "Catch up" to players who are past the cap today which I think is the intended design.

Additionally players who are semi-casual or fairly active but not totally into XP gaining activities will gain CPs at a drastically increase rate for the remainder of their time in ESO which is also a plus.

Not really, hardcore players will continue to earn exp and stuff anyway, but once you hit 338 cp to get to 50. It will require 15 million MORE exp than currently.

Meaning it will take those casual players. Several times longer to get anywhere near those hardcore players. That's quote literally the xp of 1-16 be ranks more than currently used.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ezareth

Did you see this?
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44
    The averages I posted were calculated from active accounts that have at least 1 VR character. (i.e. - can start earning CP) An account is only considered active if it has been logged into in the past 30 days and played the game for a period of time.

You and I are the minority. I want a balanced game with good fights and I thought you did too. This is a good thing! A 600 CP advantage is huge.

As I've said in multiple times, cp's won't change that. I can faceroll 6 people at once, with 100 cp, I can still gank people and insta gib them with my nightblade, even against people with several hundred cp, hell look at sypher, 300 cp and there's a video of him beat 20! Yes 20 players by himself...

Cps are not the issue.