The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Champion System Catch-up Mechanic

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    Just keep it simple...you're going to end up creating more problems than what you hope to fix...

-Keep the Cap at 501 (until the next wave)
    -Keep the exp required for each where it is now (not PTS but live as of 10/7/15)
    -apply a permanent enlightenment bonus for anyone less than 400 CPs
    -use enlightenment at largely increased rates so if someone is below 100, maybe they get a 300% boost, if over 100 but below 200 they get a 250% - 200% boost, if above 200 but below 300 give a 200% - 150% boost and from 300 - 400 give a 150% - 100% boost, and 400 - 499 maybe a 100% to 50% boost but once you hit 500, there should be no enlightenment boost just a normal bonus and the same exp rates.

I have no idea why they are making this harder than it needs to be

@NewBlacksmurf I only quoted you because you had the right idea.

One thing that this formula doesn't take into account is that regardless of what each CP cost, an extreme casual or someone just coming into the game will not want to or will not grind a big amount of XP to be able to participate in endgame. There is a belief that all the good stuff comes at endgame. What happens when the cap at some point raises to 3000 and a player first joins the game? It's the same thing levels do, if you're not the same level you can't play together.

Capping veteran players who play alot is enough to keep things fair. Penalizing them for playing the game more is not the right thing to do. Penalizing a newer player for just starting or playing the game less is not right. So how do you avoid both being penalized and still allow a veteran player who plays alot to keep progressing?

Allow consistent players to keep progressing as much as they want towards the Total Cap of 3600.
    Every CP raise boost whoever is under the previous cap to the previous cap total.
    That way Mr.Casual or newbie is never below 501 CP regardless of the complete CP total of 3600.
    And Mr.Veteran Hardcore is wherever he is based on his playtime, 600, 1356, 2200, 3600, but due to a cap he never is super powerful in content compared to Mr.Casual or newbie.
    Everyone gets to play together as long as both players are competent in mechanics.

Raising the gear cap in 20-30 CP increments every 3 months or longer will never keep the drive alive for a hardcore veteran to stick around. He has is his foot on the gas going 300-501 MPH and you are limiting the car to 160 MPH. 20-30 CP increments will also be hard on a casual to midcore because the gear cap is a moving goalpost that most players including the hardcore veterans feel like they cannot feel progression long enough. The casual might think they like the 160 MPH limit but that is only because he knows he cannot invest the exuberant amounts of time a veteran hardcore can. As soon as that gear cycle starts changing every quarter or so I guarantee you will see complaints in the forums. Sixth months to Nine months is a pretty good amount of time for gear to stay relevant but not feel like no new higher progression is coming.

Oh look, here comes the worries now.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276344/future-gear-and-future-cp

Gear cap is always what the previous character CP cap ended at.SO when the 2ND Character CP raise of 1002 happens the Gear CP cap will be 501 CP. So everyone can access all content.
    • 1ST Cap= Is currently 160, can't go back on this one
    • 2ND Cap= 501 CP
    • 3RD Cap= 1002 CP
    • 4TH Cap= 1503 CP
    • 5Th Cap= 2004 CP
    • 6Th Cap= 2505 CP
    • 7Th Cap= 3006 CP
    • Final Cap= 3600 CP

First cap is 501 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.
    • 0-100= Enlightenment Boost +300%
    • 101-200= Enlightenment Boost + 300%
    • 201-300= Enlightenment Boots +250%
    • 301-400= Enlightenment Boost + 200%
    • 401-501= Enlightenment Boost +150%

2ND Cap is 1002 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 501 CP.

3RD Cap is 1503 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 1002 CP.

4TH Cap is 2004 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 1503 CP.

5TH Cap is 2505 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 2004 CP.

6TH Cap is 3006 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 2505 CP.
    • 101-200= Enlightenment Boost + 250%

7TH Cap is 3600 CP. Which stays for 6 Months.Players under the previous cap get bumped to 3006 CP.

That is 42 Months or 3 years and 6 months of leveling. If you think of that like levels, and each CP cap only took as long as leveling 1-50, something required to access endgame and progress. That is like leveling a class to Level 420. Who would want to level a class to Level 420 to access elder content? Unless the experience gains were phenomenal, not many. CP shouldn't feel like a chore or countless levels. It should just come naturally and swift as a side note to the actual content.

Stop it you are making too much damn sense, that is not allowed on these forums.

But really on a side note this looks like a good starting theory to tweak from ZOS. In this case everyone wins players can use their CPs and the game can still somewhat new player friendly.
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    so, anyone will update spread-sheet with new values?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, anyone will update spread-sheet with new values?
    @Paulington has already updated the spreadsheet. You want the "POST-2.6 CALCULATIONS 1-561" page.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey guys can you enlight me?
    about this table

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iX6kRm9nkstp0R6hE_Pr3Tw69GHCtkOp68llHUeoZ_M/edit#gid=1164672473

for example if i look to Post 2.5 0-531
    531 cp need 446,748 exp to next rank(543)
    if i look to Post 2.5 531-3600
    531 cp need 670,123 to next rank

where is the truth?
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone?
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, emlight me!
    or who is the author? i will ask him directly
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you already 531? If so just look in game at the Charactor scene and you will see/know?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    so after 531 cp i will need 4x more exp per cp?
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all!

There have been several requests on the forums for an explanation of exactly how the Champion System Catch-up mechanic we’re introducing with the Orsinium patch works. We’re here to offer some details about how the system works on the PTS, and hopefully answer some of your questions. Please note: This thread is not to discuss the pros/cons of the system, but rather to pass on some information about how the system currently works to help you with testing, and assist us in spotting any inconsistencies or errors.

With the new system, the formula used to calculate the amount of XP needed to gain a single Champion Point is as follows:
    ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.95)) + 0.08) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.
    If you exceed the cap, the XP required is calculated given the above formula, and then tripled. (So, the XP you would need to earn 512 Champion Points is 589,807, which is then tripled to 1,769,421.)
    For the first Champion Point (going from 0 Champion Points to 1 Champion Point) 1XP is required.
    We only triple the point values if you are over the current Champion Point cap—once we raise the cap, the values will return to normal.

The new catch-up mechanic, currently on PTS, is subject to change based on player feedback and data. We’ll be iterating on it as needed on the PTS—we’ll do our best to update this post if and when that happens.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

@ZOS_RyanRuzich hello! can you tell if the formula will change now?
    because there is no 810 CP cap at PTS, but we still need significantly more EXP per CP after 810

that doesnt make any sence
    why you left old formula?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro batman
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would ZOS lock their own thread for this gigantic of a Necro? :D

I think we all need a new explanation on how the CP system works. As someone who is about 1150 cp, I noticed it takes 900,000 experience to level once. That doesn't seem like the curve was adjusted very much, if at all. At that rate, it will take forever for players to hit the 1400-1600 range of CP it takes to fully spec their character once for a given role (stam dps, mag dps, etc). While I'm okay to do that grind again, I also have a leg up on most of the player base, what about your newer players this chapter? They're going to feel the weight of this grind heavily, so much so they may not want to do it at all.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 28, 2021 9:55PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These posts should be archived and unable to comment.

Regarding previous posts yeah, I'm at 1000 cp. If I were brand new looking at 3600 I'm not sure what I'd do...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    These posts should be archived and unable to comment.

Regarding previous posts yeah, I'm at 1000 cp. If I were brand new looking at 3600 I'm not sure what I'd do...

I just confirmed, the CP Curve was not adjusted at all. Seems bugged.

Z4WhY0e.png
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 28, 2021 10:25PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    Greetings all!

There have been several requests on the forums for an explanation of exactly how the Champion System Catch-up mechanic we’re introducing with the Orsinium patch works. We’re here to offer some details about how the system works on the PTS, and hopefully answer some of your questions. Please note: This thread is not to discuss the pros/cons of the system, but rather to pass on some information about how the system currently works to help you with testing, and assist us in spotting any inconsistencies or errors.

With the new system, the formula used to calculate the amount of XP needed to gain a single Champion Point is as follows:
    ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.95)) + 0.08) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.
    If you exceed the cap, the XP required is calculated given the above formula, and then tripled. (So, the XP you would need to earn 512 Champion Points is 589,807, which is then tripled to 1,769,421.)
    For the first Champion Point (going from 0 Champion Points to 1 Champion Point) 1XP is required.
    We only triple the point values if you are over the current Champion Point cap—once we raise the cap, the values will return to normal.

The new catch-up mechanic, currently on PTS, is subject to change based on player feedback and data. We’ll be iterating on it as needed on the PTS—we’ll do our best to update this post if and when that happens.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

@ZOS_RyanRuzich hello! can you tell if the formula will change now?
    because there is no 810 CP cap at PTS, but we still need significantly more EXP per CP after 810

that doesnt make any sence
    why you left old formula?

His last reported activity was in 2017. I don't think you'll get an answer from him about this sadly.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK