Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_RichLambert Any intentions to fix any of those bugs at all or just let em slideeeeeeee all over the place?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Can we get Purifying Ritual "purifying off" crystal fragments added to the list?

Also Power Overload getting stuck in heavy attack or no attack when spamming light attacks too fast?

Also the being unable to use left click at all any more in the interface including block, break-free and using transitus?

Can you elaborate the issue with the crystal fragments + Purifying Ritual?

@Xantaria

Simple, you cast a fragment at a templar, he casts purifying Ritual. The fragment never hits the templar because it is "Purified". There are several other abilities that this can be done with although I Don't have a magicka templar so I can't say which ones with certainty.
    If you're asking for this change, then you're saying to remove Purify on channeled abilities, which is a little unfair imo

I would like RD to be unable to be purged and roll dodged.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy attack bug

This bug comes and goes, but it happened again and I was able to determine a few things

1. when heavy attacking and holding heavy attack, the next attack won't follow up
    2. if you try to heavy or light attack while a heavy attack animation is occurring then it won't register
    3. spamming the mouse click may start the next attack, but rarely
    4. if you heavy attack and animation cancel with an ability and follow up with another heavy attack then it will not attack, its still waiting for the heavy attack animation to finish
    5. restarting the game will fix this bug

Unsure the abilities that caused this, but it seems to be associated with lag to start and then will stay with players after.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Dermestes
    Dermestes
    ✭✭
    Isn't the Khajiit passive Carnage still bugged where it shows the weapon critical within the stats window but doesn't actually apply it to weapon hits? I don't see it anywhere on the list.
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dermestes wrote: »
    Isn't the Khajiit passive Carnage still bugged where it shows the weapon critical within the stats window but doesn't actually apply it to weapon hits? I don't see it anywhere on the list.

its under

"Bugged Items / Other:"

Critical Strikes (General): The Khajiit Passive that grants you up to 8% crit does not work for Weapon Crit. Detailed Thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/225511/something-fishy-going-on-with-critical-strike/p1

Yeah I am still waiting for this one to be fixed, talk about gimping Khajiit, it's bad enough we are the only Race without a Attribute bonus for our Racials and our Carnage racial doesn't even work..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Dermestes
    Dermestes
    ✭✭

its under

"Bugged Items / Other:"

Critical Strikes (General): The Khajiit Passive that grants you up to 8% crit does not work for Weapon Crit. Detailed Thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/225511/something-fishy-going-on-with-critical-strike/p1

Yeah I am still waiting for this one to be fixed, talk about gimping Khajiit, it's bad enough we are the only Race without a Attribute bonus for our Racials and our Carnage racial doesn't even work..[/quote]

Thanks I didn't see it there. I know what you mean it makes me not want to play my NB due to this bug and the dev's don't seem to want to actually fix it.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Video of bugged doors and keep walls.

First you see me enter a keep door only to come out of the same side, then I approach a keep wall which is totally missing to me. It seems the enemy cannot enter so this is a major bug that could possibly be turned into a major exploit.

http://youtu.be/Y1Q1tDLlWpc
    PC EU
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video of bugged doors and keep walls.

First you see me enter a keep door only to come out of the same side, then I approach a keep wall which is totally missing to me. It seems the enemy cannot enter so this is a major bug that could possibly be turned into a major exploit.

http://youtu.be/Y1Q1tDLlWpc

The first thing in the video happens a lot when you spam a door. You basically used it twice in the lag and that is why you landed on the other side. The lag is also responsible for not letting you in through the door after that (and the roots).

The second thing just leaves me with a big WTF in my face.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 11, 2016 2:17AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /bug is bugged. Any messages you type longer than 100 characters are truncated when viewing your bug report on help.elderscrollsonline.com.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    /bug is bugged. Any messages you type longer than 100 characters are truncated when viewing your bug report on help.elderscrollsonline.com.

Bugception?

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with new juicy Exploits and Bugs!

Options
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭

DK-chains: Actually quit a lot of mobs are not pullable with chains because they seem to stand on another terrain, wich gives them immunity. Sometimes you have to jump and humptidumpti to reach them, but very often even that doesnt work. Ist just annoying and i would wish to see it fixed.

Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria
    Multiple Mundus Stones (General): Yes, this is still a thing. I know exactly how it works and I know 2 people who have accumulated multiple Mundus Stones (one with 7, one with 3) and also watched them while they did it. It's a weird Exploit because it doesn't work on all characters. At this point I do not know which requirements the character used for this Exploit needs to meet but I know how to do it if your character does meet them.
    Fantastic. This really needs to be fixed already, I am sick of this bug being a thing, have you PM'd this devs about this one? It's probably the worst thing that needs immediate fixing.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria Sorry if I missed it, but it doesn't look like Torug's Pact is on your list of bugged equipment. Please note that on the previous page (24) I submitted a lengthy post about how it is bugged in a previously unknown way on PS4.

Also, have some of the bugs, exploits, etc been removed? I no longer see some things I thought were on the list that are still known issues in game...

* jumping over partially broken keep walls to get within the keep without fully destroying the wall
    * slow falling if you fail to fully jump over an object
    * fall damage in excess of 50k if hit with meteor on stairs (even if on the bottom step)
    * getting dismounted if you get a campaign notification
    * Willows Path
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I changed equipment and noticed I had over 6.5k spell damage, but when I changed areas, it went back to normal. I wonder if something like this happened to the person who slaughtered all those people. I do wish I had that much spell damage. I'd be wiping everyone. LOL.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Can we get Purifying Ritual "purifying off" crystal fragments added to the list?

Also Power Overload getting stuck in heavy attack or no attack when spamming light attacks too fast?

Also the being unable to use left click at all any more in the interface including block, break-free and using transitus?

Can you elaborate the issue with the crystal fragments + Purifying Ritual?

@Xantaria

Simple, you cast a fragment at a templar, he casts purifying Ritual. The fragment never hits the templar because it is "Purified". There are several other abilities that this can be done with although I Don't have a magicka templar so I can't say which ones with certainty.
    If you're asking for this change, then you're saying to remove Purify on channeled abilities, which is a little unfair imo

I would like RD to be unable to be purged and roll dodged.

No I only think it should act like purge which works fine on removing channeled abilities. Removing casted projectiles mid-flight because they are projectiles I think you'll agree is not an intended mechanic.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bugception?

Indeed. It appears to also extend to reports sent through the in-game feedback tool. I had initially reported this via the website to customer support but they recommended sending feedback in game. Normally I bug report with /bug.

Unfortunately this too results in message truncation. If you've lengthy feedback, or a bug report with steps to reproduce, it might be best to start in game via the reporting tools to get a screen shot and whatnot. Afterwards be sure to go back to the website and update it as whatever you typed in the free-form text box will likely be cut-off. No word on if this is affecting what ZOS sees on their end, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say they're only getting part of the message.

ngSbBab.png
    Edited by lonewolf26 on January 12, 2016 2:52AM
    Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »
    Yesterday I changed equipment and noticed I had over 6.5k spell damage, but when I changed areas, it went back to normal. I wonder if something like this happened to the person who slaughtered all those people. I do wish I had that much spell damage. I'd be wiping everyone. LOL.

You can do this be splitting stacks in your inventory too. It sometimes bugs out your spell/weapon damage and you'll run with ridiculous numbers. A friend of mine hit >120K spell damage in Cyrodiil. However, it is just a visual bug for your character sheet - all your skills still hit at the appropriate damage.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bugception?

Indeed. It appears to also extend to reports sent through the in-game feedback tool. I had initially reported this via the website to customer support but they recommended sending feedback in game. Normally I bug report with /bug.

Unfortunately this too results in message truncation. If you've lengthy feedback, or a bug report with steps to reproduce, it might be best to start in game via the reporting tools to get a screen shot and whatnot. Afterwards be sure to go back to the website and update it as whatever you typed in the free-form text box will likely be cut-off. No word on if this is affecting what ZOS sees on their end, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say they're only getting part of the message.

ngSbBab.png

This happens also to tickets. I highly doubt it's on their end aswell though because that would make it impossible for them to deal with any tickets.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 12, 2016 9:26AM

Options
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I'll go ahead and add it. I know for sure this bug exists on Xbox One but I'm not positive about other platforms. As a magic nightblade, when I get marked I usually purge it off. Sometimes though the mark won't purge off no matter how many times I use it and I end up wasting a lot of magic trying to get it off thinking I have may have multiple negative effects that I need to purge first. If I die while I'm marked I'll respawn still marked and requires a relog to get it to fix the visual glitch. I'm fairly certain it's only client side that sees the visual glitch because players in my group report that I look fine to them.

I think what causes it is if I'm marked multiple times. I think if I get marked and I purge it and then become marked again either at the same time or in a certain amount of time it makes the mark remain on my screen. It can be a very annoying bug and seems to happen often (5-10 times a day).
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetic bug: Glass heavy sabatons are using textures from the gloves/bracers/gauntlets that you have currently equipped:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/239510

Valkyn Skoria proc rate too low after IC update (either intentional stealth nerf, or, more likely, an unintended bug from something else they changed):
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/238307
    Edited by code65536 on January 12, 2016 10:10AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Exploits, More Bugs!

Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dlepi24 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I'll go ahead and add it. I know for sure this bug exists on Xbox One but I'm not positive about other platforms. As a magic nightblade, when I get marked I usually purge it off. Sometimes though the mark won't purge off no matter how many times I use it and I end up wasting a lot of magic trying to get it off thinking I have may have multiple negative effects that I need to purge first. If I die while I'm marked I'll respawn still marked and requires a relog to get it to fix the visual glitch. I'm fairly certain it's only client side that sees the visual glitch because players in my group report that I look fine to them.

I think what causes it is if I'm marked multiple times. I think if I get marked and I purge it and then become marked again either at the same time or in a certain amount of time it makes the mark remain on my screen. It can be a very annoying bug and seems to happen often (5-10 times a day).
    This visual bug is easily reproduced by having Mark Target repeatedly spammed on yourself by someone who accidentally rolled a Nightblade.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

This visual bug is easily reproduced by having Mark Target repeatedly spammed on yourself by someone who accidentally rolled a Nightblade.

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR
    Edited by Xantaria on January 14, 2016 9:27AM

Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually found a simple work around for my issue.
    GUILD STORE PS4.
    When sub category choices are not displaying, simply choose and load a seperate main category (This seems to reset the UI in some way). Then just return to the desired sub category and 9 time out of 10 it will load correctly.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

It is not your fault Xanti, there seems to be smth wrong with the Character Creation Menu
    fa10f86f34e0fc71dc37aa0cbcd7d875.jpg
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug thread has reached a number of Bugs and Exploits it has never seen before. At this point I don't even know what to say anymore.

Well atleast I can say this: Thanks to everybody who is testing, helping and spreading awareness around things that aren't working how they should.

I still dream of they day where issues like those are hotfixed the day they occur and the QA department of Zenimax actually starts working instead of drinking coffee.
    Edited by Xantaria on January 14, 2016 12:16PM

Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

It is not your fault Xanti, there seems to be smth wrong with the Character Creation Menu
    fa10f86f34e0fc71dc37aa0cbcd7d875.jpg

It's bad that this kinda of bug is believable...
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirming in my thread here that the werewolf quest has been fixed by the latest patch!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/231713/bug-werewolf-quest-glitched-for-everyone-now-fixed-since-v2-2-9#latest
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options