The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I may have to switch to Lotus Fan if I stay Magicka NB (GULP).

As far as Armor goes.. Might just have to add one more armor enchant to jewelery. No biggy.

As far as the other NB Stamina Morphs.. no one uses Blur anyways. Also, not too excited about Haste getting replaced, it actually wasn't a bad skill with the Focused Attacks morph.

Does seem like a lot of uneccesary nerfs in there for NB. Why did shades have to have 5 seconds shaved off the duration.

Also, we'll see if Shadow cloak is actually fixed. Honestly, it's not looking too promising.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Please Gina, as immediate feedback, tell the combat crew to heavily consider making the Killer's Blade (Morph from Assassin's Blade) and the Concealed Weapon (Morph from Veiled Strike) new Stamina based abilities for the Nightblade. Those two are ideal for any close up Melee rogue/thief/assassin type of character, and would finalyze our pure stamina builds so well! They would be a perfect mashup, and I'm certain many more people would love for this too!

It seems they are intent on continuing to split NB between Stamina and Magicka.

Actually, the changes just make the split even worse because now with Ambush being Stamina making a Magicka build will be forced to use Lotus Fan.
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic set of improvements and balancing. Excited to start trialing!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm i'm done with patch..now to wait for server to come up
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, here are some clarifications/additions that we'll be adding to the original notes on the first page

Where are the Nightblade stamina morphs (for Assassin's Blade and Veiled Strike) that were not put into the patch notes?
    Edited by Dissentinel on January 27, 2015 8:59PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Blobsky wrote: »
    That's the end of nightblade then
    If it means the end of NB light armor tanks, then yay! It's looking good for my coveted Dual Resto setup though! \o/

Not the end.

But I'm going to have A LOT of useless Gold armor laying around after the patch.

Guess it's back to the Tannis grind :) At least they increased the drop rate on Mats.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Critical Resistance: This attribute no longer reduces the chance to be hit by a Critical hit.

Critical Resistance now reduces the bonus damage caused by a Critical hit, and with enough, can reduce the bonus damage to 0.

@ZOS_GinaBruno probably sounding a bit like a broken record continually asking about the new Critical and Critical Resistance functionality, but would just like to pester you with an additional similar, though different, question.

Currently, using a Sneak Attack (ie: attacking a target from behind his or her line of sight while undetected) results in a guaranteed crit which does extra damage when performed successfully.
    A few patches ago, the bonus damage on Sneak Attacks was reduced, but you reminded us that at least they will still be guaranteed crits.

Does this new change to Critical Resistance apply to Sneak Attacks, or do Sneak Attack bypass the resistance?
    Will a successful Sneak Attack in PvP against a player with maximum Critical Resistance now result in a guaranteed chance to do almost no extra damage at all?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rammi wrote: »
    Asking again and no answer yet @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    "Gina wrote:
    For example, if you are Veteran Rank 12 and have 800,000XP progress towards Veteran Rank 13, you will receive 59 Champion Points after the system goes live.

In the above example based on what you described should the amount of champion points that is given be 64 and not 59.

Rank 12 earns you 5 X 12 which is 60

plus 4 for 800K progression? or does rank 1 not count?

If rank 1 does not count does post VR14 XP some how count?

They are based upon FULL ranks. VR1 is really level 50. I FULL VR1 is achieved when you reach VR2. The example using FULL ranks is VR 12 earns you 5 * 11 which is 55, plus 4 for 800K progression.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Kalman wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Zos promised magica return passive for Templar, but nothing about it in patchnotes.

Ya got this: "Restoring Aura now grants you the buffs Minor Fortitude, Minor Intellect, and Minor Endurance when the ability is slotted into the ability bar. When the ability is activated, it provides Major Fortitude and Major Endurance."

That seems weak. It is only a 10% increase of magicka recovery. And Templars have to use a skill spot for it, probably on both bars. Other classes get resource management from passives or as side effects of skills that are very useful in other ways. Now Templars have to take up a slot on both bars just to get a minor magicka regen buff? And don't forget that stamina and health regen boost of skill has been cut from 15% to 10% when skill is slotted and stamina and health regen boost of skill has been cut from 80% to 40% when activated.
    yes, huge nerf.
    increasing the duration and including major intellect would have been a better way, if they did not intend to cripple the ability, but who knows, maybe they did.
    have to try on pts with all the changes that are done to stats and mechanics.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I hope ZOS provides good insurance. I have to imagine Gina's developed a serious case of carpal tunnel having typed, curated, edited, fixed, tweaked, improved all the patch notes... lost it all in a crash, and had to do it again.

Your poor, poor wrists.

She does have good insurance..... It just doesn't start until the Console release.....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, here are some clarifications/additions that we'll be adding to the original notes on the first page

Where are the Nightblade stamina morphs (for Assassin's Blade and Veiled Strike) that were not put into the patch notes?
    They're, uh, right there!

...editing now. >.<
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, no more using Dragon Leap to to bypass closed Gates and steal Scrolls by exploiting anymore!

Ferocious Leap (morph): We also fixed an issue where using this ability was unintentionally allowing you to jump up keep walls.

Finally.
    Oh, and to those who were saying "No, it's not an exploit since it hasn't been fixed yet"?

1bwBj4u.png?1

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]

You couldn't use this ability to leap behind gates, because if you dragon leaped up to a gate mage guard, you died, instantly - "Barrier of Ghartok - 10,000"
    Or so forth, but yea, if you manage to get up to a gate guard using Teleport Strike or Dragon Leap you died instantly from the kill barrier, people stealing scrolls from closed gates just waited behind it until it closed then grabbed it.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    Vordae wrote: »
    Here let me help you. Use Entropy. You now get a DoT ability that heals you and gives you the Major Sorcery buff. Crit surge gives you the Major Brutality buff and gives you a heal every time you crit. Who would have thought that a spell that will heal you will also give you the missing buff you are complaining about and help fix your survivability issues. I wonder if having the morph to Entropy also gives you 8% max health still. Then that would really help your surviability.

Oh no, we've noted that already. I'm pretty sure I'm a far better player than you, I know, pompous. More than likely the truth.

The CONCEPT is that while BOTH morphs to Surge provide a bonus to stamina based DPS only one provides one for magicka based DPS. Now I could be wrong here... but do they not create these spells? Is it that unreasonable that instead of being a suck up you could see the flaw of providing both magicka and stamina buffs to one morph that, instead, one morph could, oh I don't know, provide a magicka buff AND the crit heal and the other is the stamina buff AND the crit heal? Or is it just outside of your capability to be reasonable at all? I guess you don't have any concept of min/max either as WHY WOULD I NEED A STAMINA BUFF AS A MAGICKA DPS??? Lost yet? Probably.

Now, if we're going to talk about forcing players to use more than one ability to perform a single action then explain to me why no other class has to do this? Can't? Oh, right. Probably don't understand game mechanics enough... otherwise you wouldn't be finding idiotic arguments to support your lazy theorycrafting.

Here, since you've probably not considered how the DPS bar would look, allow me to lay out a rough design:

1) Mage Light, Pet 1, Pet 2, Crit Surge, Daedric Curse

2) Mage Light, Pet 1, Pet 2, Lightning Flood, Impulse

-or-

2) Mage Light, Pet 1, Pet 2, Weakness, Force Shock

Since we're talking about magicka DPS then we're also talking about LA. Decreasing DPS to put on a DoT that doesn't heal for jack against more than one enemy is laughable at best.

You could change out other lines, sure, but from a DPS stand point, or even a solo stand point, Entropy (chosing the max health morph is adorable, really it is) STILL is a loss of DPS while no other class has to lose DPS and have their survivability.

The FACT that you think adding entropy in any morph will increase survivability soloing or allow you to be play a DPS in groups tells me you don't know jack about end game at all. Which is the primary reason why I'm confident that I'm far better at the game than you are. Funny thing is when you NBs cried about your class and how bad it sucked every Sorc in the game agreed. We didn't try to create some dumb assessment of a class we could see was underwhelming, much like you are now. If you don't play the Sorc then zip it, you have no clue. Honestly.

First if you check the post that suggested the change you just suggested about surge will see I'm the first reply and i agreed with it and thought it was a good idea.

Here is a link for you in case you can't find it:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1509777/#Comment_1509777

Second if you are complaining about pve survivability then this must be a total troll post. In endgame pve you die to 1 shot mechanic's or not at all. If you are die to anything other then a 1 shot mechanic you either stood in fire or didn't roll dodge. It doesn't matter what class. If you think the change to surge will increase your ability to survive in those situations you don't know what your talking about.

I obviously though you were smarter then that and assumed you were talking pvp(yup i assumed you were intelligent, my bad). In pvp my suggestion made perfect sense. My first post talked about the change to impenetrable and that fact that sorc's are going to heal a crap ton more from Crit surge because of that change.

In the current state it makes sense that the weapon damage version of Surge has the heal as every weapon but bow is melee. Melee is more dangerous then ranged and therefore should get the extra healing.

P.S. You are a better player then me
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭

how big was the download?
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Three things:

1) If mounts are to be account-wide, how fair is it that I spent about 200,000 gold on 4 horses which can now be just one horse? I hope you will allow players like me to sell my horse to an NPC shop for the original FULL purchase price or to other players. (I also hope you didn't plan to merge 4 horses into 1 without reimbursing. That would be kind of slap in the face. Like "Yeah we know you spent 200k but you know, whatever, dude...")

2) I understand you use the terms like "Major Fracture" to demonstrate how everything is united across the board. But please, when one reads the changelog, I constantly find myself searching for the meaning of these words. If you say "Major Prophecy" I don't have any idea what changed. If you say "Increases spell critical chance by 10%" I just know. :)

3) I hope templar healing spells are getting buffed because resto staff spells will no longer scale off weapon power but off spell power. That could make the likes of "Ritual of Rebirth" less effective than resto staff spells, and thus the spells would be useless (in other words, there needs to be a reason to use templar hearling spells -- an advantage over the resto staff spells -- otherwise, they are just waste of slots).

Thanks.
    Edited by Reco on January 27, 2015 9:10PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Adjusted the timing of the Mage’s abilities so you will start seeing more of his abilities earlier in the fight...
    Typo or a new twist in the lore story? =3

LOL!!! I thought the same thing.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Animus_Igneus
    Animus_Igneus
    ✭✭✭
    • Unstable Flames (morph): This ability now scales off Stamina and Attack Power and costs Stamina. Damage is mitigated by your target’s melee defense statistics.

Can I just ask, politely of course - who on earth was in charge of making that decision?

As someone who mains a DK tank and has done since launch this is kind of irritating as now, despite the buffs to them and to Draconic Power AOE/CC's with their individual buffs and removal of target hardcaps, they still cost an unreasonably large amount of Magicka to cast for what they give in return, and now I've had my low-cost option changed and am forced to dip into my Stamina which is pretty much used up enough blocking as it is to use what I'd say is the best Dragonknight damaging ability.

Now I can understand choosing to scale them off attack power and stamina, but making Unstable Flames, just one out of two morphs of an ability that costs Magicka cost Stamina makes absolutely no sense.

Please, at least consider changing it back to costing Magicka. I simply cannot see the logic behind that decision and would love for it to be explained.
    Current Guildmaster of the (EU) Imperial Trading Company
    The original ESO Merchant Guild
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Unstable Flames (morph): This ability now scales off Stamina and Attack Power and costs Stamina. Damage is mitigated by your target’s melee defense statistics.

Can I just ask, politely of course - who on earth was in charge of making that decision?

As someone who mains a DK tank and has done since launch this is kind of irritating as now, despite the buffs to them and to Draconic Power AOE/CC's with their individual buffs and removal of target hardcaps, they still cost an unreasonably large amount of Magicka to cast for what they give in return, and now I've had my low-cost option changed and am forced to dip into my Stamina which is pretty much used up enough blocking as it is to use what I'd say is the best Dragonknight damaging ability.

Now I can understand choosing to scale them off attack power and stamina, but making Unstable Flames, just one out of two morphs of an ability that costs Magicka cost Stamina makes absolutely no sense.

Please, at least consider changing it back to costing Magicka. I simply cannot see the logic behind that decision and would love for it to be explained.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpUr0KrSjHE

Edited by ArconSeptim on January 27, 2015 9:14PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't destroy Stamina Templars by nerfing Radiant/Restoring Aura.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

think 14 gig total
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, here are some clarifications/additions that we'll be adding to the original notes on the first page:
    Alliance War
    • Assault
      • Guard
        • This new ability will intercept all projectiles that are targeted at allies near you, and when toggled, will also drain your target’s stamina while active.
        • Mystic Guard (morph): Your allies gain the Minor Vitality buff.
        • Stalwart Guard (morph): Using this ability will slow your stamina drain.
      • Vigor
        • This new ability will place a strong heal over time on allies within 10 meters over 4 seconds.
        • Resolving Vigor (morph): This ability will increase the heal value on yourself.
        • Echoing Vigor (morph): Increases the radius to 15 meters.
    • Support
      • Reveal
        • This new ability will cast a projectile to travel to a specified location, which will reveal all enemies within 10 meters.
        • Lingering Flare (morph): The area of effect will persist for 4 seconds after the ability is cast.
        • Scorching Flare (morph): Using this ability will place a damage over time on any revealed enemies.
      • Magicka Detonation
        • Using this new ability will place a bomb on your target. After 4 seconds, the bomb will explode dealing high area of effect damage. This ability has a 2 second cast time.
        • Inevitable Detonation (morph): This ability will deal area of effect damage if dispelled.
        • Proximity Detonation (morph): This ability, cast upon yourself, will blow up and damage all nearby enemies after a few seconds.

These are awesome thanks for adding in the new text. Can you maybe explain the required Alliance War rank/level required for each?
    Edited by Phaedrus on January 27, 2015 10:15PM
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭

think 14 gig total

you serious bro? so they divide the download into two pieces i hate that...
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What have you done to improve grouping tool?
  • Humanistic
    Humanistic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...When attempting to purchase a bundle containing something you already own, you will be warned and prompted for confirmation, but are not prevented from purchasing the bundle.

I like this, one thing about the store in SWTOR was they wouldn't tell you this, or track what you already had when purchasing more bundles. Gives me peace of mind knowing that truly aren't trying to just take my money.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any idea as to when the PTS goes back online? My download is almost done and I'd love to just jump right in and test.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 27, 2015 9:22PM
  • Austin.Swiftb14_ESO
    wow is it gonna be hard to remember what all of those buffs/debuffs do. When they all have such vague sounding names. Fracture, breach, maim, brutality, force, defile, mangle, berserk. I feel like I will constantly be having to look back to find what any of these mean when looking at buffs. Maybe if they have a brief description when you hover over them they'd be more manageable.
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate what they did to the templar healing line. It was fine, all you had to do was fix resto staves so they could compete, instead you took the nerf road. Essentially ruining my templar stamina build along with the radiant aura nerf.
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ So, how will Vampires and Werewolves be affected by the Justice System? Or do we just get to figure it out on our own?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Any idea as to when the PTS goes back online? My download is almost done and I'd love to just jump right in and test.

We're getting closer, but don't have an exact ETA. We'll keep you all updated.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    "Puncturing Strikes
    Increased the single target bonus damage on this ability by 60%.
    Reduced the cost of this ability by 25%." <3

my templar will be god after all the changes