The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rofl... pvp threads are going to be all over this

"Removed hard caps on the number of targets that can be affected by area of effect abilities.

AoE abilities can now hit up to 60 targets; the first 6 will take 100% damage, the next 24 targets will take 50% damage, and the last 30 targets will take 25% damage.

Abilities that apply a secondary effect, such as Caltrops, will only snare the 6 targets who take full damage."

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Any idea as to when the PTS goes back online? My download is almost done and I'd love to just jump right in and test.

We're getting closer, but don't have an exact ETA. We'll keep you all updated.

Thanks! :)

• Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Please Gina, as immediate feedback, tell the combat crew to heavily consider making the Killer's Blade (Morph from Assassin's Blade) and the Concealed Weapon (Morph from Veiled Strike) new Stamina based abilities for the Nightblade. Those two are ideal for any close up Melee rogue/thief/assassin type of character, and would finalyze our pure stamina builds so well! They would be a perfect mashup, and I'm certain many more people would love for this too!

It seems they are intent on continuing to split NB between Stamina and Magicka.

Actually, the changes just make the split even worse because now with Ambush being Stamina making a Magicka build will be forced to use Lotus Fan.

I don't know of any NB ever use just one OR the other. It's always been a combination of the two. Power extraction and the whole Brutality buff as a nerf hurts us weapon damage builds but meh not That big. Considering NB has the ability to stack Major Brutality and Major Berserk buffs, may not be a nerf after all.

Previously it was nice having ambush as a magicka cost as I could bounce from target to target without having to worry about burning a main resource on closing the distance. Every class is going to have to change around their rotations, some even rework skills all together. NB got buffed, there's no way around that. Mag or Sta build it doesn't matter.

NB still the best class in the game.
    DK being easiest doesn't make it the best, sorry DKs. :p

V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    Puncturing strike was the -only- ability I was using for soloing. WIth 60% more damage (and thus more heals from puncturing sweep) and 25% less cost, I don't need anything else on my bar for questing.
  • scottub17_ESO17
    scottub17_ESO17
    Soul Shriven
    The changes to Magika/Stamina scaling morphs is a step in the right direction; it shows you guys are thinking.
    But at the same time its a huge step backwards.
    Now everyone is basically pigeon-holed into their morph based on their primary attribute.

Morphs should be about utility/choice. Now you are basically forced into a morph, and in many cases its not the morph you want.

Why cant you just make these abilities scale based on your highest attribute/crit, just like you are doing to synergies?
    Or just add extra morph options for certain abilities.

EVERYONE is going to be complaining about this until its changed, because its a huge nerf to a lot of playstyles.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just make them not scale at all.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Any idea as to when the PTS goes back online? My download is almost done and I'd love to just jump right in and test.
    It will be coming up in a few moments, actually!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are we there yet
    are we there yet
    are we there yet
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

Anyone ever tell you that you're a huge tease? :P

EDIT: IT'S UP OHH GOD EVERYONE PANIC
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on January 27, 2015 9:36PM
  • Stumkrav
    Stumkrav
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno EU too?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    There is only one PTS server. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Arki
    Arki
    ✭✭✭
    Great changes! I'm not convinced that sorcs are gonna be that bad off, there are many small buffs there that will add up. Pets or no pets.

I don't agree that morph for crit surge should be just "use stam or magicka" either, that doesnt add any interesting choice it just makes one morph the default choice for alot of people.

Atropos on Tamriel Foundry had an interesting suggestion for crit surge btw, where the base ability gave both spell power and weapon power, and the morphs gave you either healing or more power for both. I really liked that one.

EDIT: And dont say that both spell power and weapon power is a waste, if you have a build that weaponswaps or just mixes up class-skills with weapon skills that may be very handy indeed! Of course that caters more to a hybrid build, but im partial to that anyways even if that doesnt make me no1 against target dummies :P
    Edited by Arki on January 27, 2015 9:46PM
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    The changes to Magika/Stamina scaling morphs is a step in the right direction; it shows you guys are thinking.
    But at the same time its a huge step backwards.
    Now everyone is basically pigeon-holed into their morph based on their primary attribute.

Morphs should be about utility/choice. Now you are basically forced into a morph, and in many cases its not the morph you want.

Why cant you just make these abilities scale based on your highest attribute/crit, just like you are doing to synergies?
    Or just add extra morph options for certain abilities.

EVERYONE is going to be complaining about this until its changed, because its a huge nerf to a lot of playstyles.

If you make it scale off the highest stat it would actually limit builds. Ever build at that point would use magicka as the main stat because it allows you to save all of you stamina for defensive purposes. Even if you wanted to increase you stamina to have a larger defensive pool it would be beneficial to ensure you always have 1 magicka more then stamina.
  • Stumkrav
    Stumkrav
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Silly me, never remember that.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

"Removed hard caps on the number of targets that can be affected by area of effect abilities.

AoE abilities can now hit up to 60 targets; the first 6 will take 100% damage, the next 24 targets will take 50% damage, and the last 30 targets will take 25% damage.

Abilities that apply a secondary effect, such as Caltrops, will only snare the 6 targets who take full damage."

We have been wanting this since 1.2 bud. It was requested during the Guild Summit and the reason is because the system they have in place for hitting up to only 5 targets slows performance in Cyrodiil like a beast. Nothing new to us PVPers, only news to you PVEers.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff overall. Thanks for hard work!

I'm considering having a criminal alt. Would the alt's criminal activities only affect the one character or does it affect the entire account?

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • MissChiefx
    MissChiefx
    ✭✭
    I'm excited to test this stuff out! I'll stream whatever we end up doing tonight :)
    PC - NA - EP
    Amelayne - DK Tank | Arriana Aviticus - NB DPS | Aralia Spellbinder - Sorc DPS | Alana Leroux - Templar DPS
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    Will we get a full respec after 1.6 goes live?
    Yes, you will get a free respec.
    Layenem wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I see you commenting to a lot of other items. Any statement on the Unstable Familiar text? Is it backwards or are they really going to be non tank types soloing and getting 1-shot because they taunted off of the tanks while grouping? Or are you looking into it? Anything at this point will be better than pretending nothing has been asked.

"Unstable Familiar

The unstable familiar (as well as the pets from the morphs of this ability) will no longer taunt monsters if the summoning player character is the only one on the hate list for that monster."
    That was written incorrectly. It will now taunt monsters if the summoning player character is the only one on the hate list.

That makes sense. AFAIK, the taunt had been removed a long time ago.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

sorry if i missed this in all the chaos today...

Do major/minor debuffs stack together? for example. Player A applies Major Maim: Reduces the damage your target can do by 30% to the raid boss at the same time Player B applies Minor Maim: Reduces the damage your target can do by 15%. Would this then mean that the raid boss would do 45% less damage while the 2 durations of those 2 debuffs overlapped?

Would the same also be true for player buffs?
    Edited by Lykurgis on January 27, 2015 9:53PM
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Magelight now grants you the buff Major Spell Crit when toggled on, instead of revealing stealthed enemies.
    •Inner Light (morph): This ability now increases your maximum Magicka by 5% instead of reducing your maximum Magicka when the ability is toggled on.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, does the inner light morph still give the base 20% increase to spell crit? or simply the "major prophecy" buff of 10% spell crit as it reads here?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we already knew ? like... in december ?
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 27, 2015 9:52PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before getting my hands into the pts, I must say that the changes to my sorcerer are very welcome, but I am still a bit bumbed that I can't stack all my speed buffs anymore :p used to be able to sprint as fast as race horses.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Meary
    Meary
    ✭✭
    Wow - something 'lite' to read during the download. I need a bigger monitor now.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vordae wrote: »
    In the current state it makes sense that the weapon damage version of Surge has the heal as every weapon but bow is melee. Melee is more dangerous then ranged and therefore should get the extra healing.
    I completely disagree. This is a horrible change to Surge.
    1) You have a base ability that is completely useless to Magicka builds and yet Magicka builds are required to put points into it and level it if they want the morph with the Spell damage increase.
    2) A one second CD on heals. really? So all those nice heals we were getting for hundreds each? They will now be replaced by a heal for 20 health once every second by that low dps DOT.
    3) Stamina builds get both a damage increase + heals while Magicka builds must choose between one OR the other.

There was an alternative that a Dev posted recently they were considering.
    Surge Base ability would provide Crit Heal.
    One morph would add Weapon damage
    Other morph would add Spell damage

I've been hoping for that change ever since they first mentioned the change to staves as it makes the most sense and is fair to both Stamina and Magicka builds as well as giving a heal to anyone leveling Sorcerers.
    Crit Heal as a base would beneficial to both builds...not just one as is the case in the current version.
    This would give damage + heals to both Stamina and Magicka builds.....not just Stamina.
    Then all they would have to do is get rid of that 1 seconds CD.

If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Shader_UA
    Shader_UA
    Soul Shriven
    Love the new patch, but I got one question - what about the facial animations for Mac users? Don't want to completely reinstall the game on BootCamp Windows just for that purpose, but I'll do if I have to. Standard animations are so boring now that everybody else is so fancy :'(
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have been wanting this since 1.2 bud. It was requested during the Guild Summit and the reason is because the system they have in place for hitting up to only 5 targets slows performance in Cyrodiil like a beast. Nothing new to us PVPers, only news to you PVEers.

Not real sure this system will help with the performance in Cyro as it has to determine which 6 take full damage then which 24 take 50%. Count in the calculations for each one of those with resistances, block, not blocked, armor value, spell resistance, buffs/debuffs etc...The proposed solution was removal of the cap all together. That way if you want to be a stacked zerg you can get eaten by AE like a stacked zerg.

In all honesty people will always find a way to twist combat to their advantage whether using choke points or spreading out. They should have fixed performance first then worried about adjusting combat with in the confines of what was needed to keep performance up.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one PTS server. :)

And only one grouping tool. Has it improved in finding groups or getting players more interested in it?
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong.
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a huge patch we're all gonna love. But, we waited so long for it. Maybe you could split it in two next time and ring new contents more frequent :)
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, it looks as though some quests will railroad us into becoming thieves, such as the quests in Phaer, Marbruk (Artisan quest) and Fort Amol. Are there alternative routes for us law-abiding citizens?
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!