The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Are we allowed to stream or post video of PTS content?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Goldie wrote: »
    You are welcome to stream or post anything from the PTS. In fact, we'd love to watch some streams for some live feedback!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the new AoE thing.... If Sap Essence hits 60 people in PvP you'd be relatively unkillable... What with... 200x60 heals coming in every time you hit the ability. At least if you're a magicka based build.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    WhiskeyJac wrote: »
    so what does the damage from ultimate abilities scale? magicka right ?

@WhiskeyJac‌ as stated: Whatever your highest of Stam/Mag (and their respective increases Weapon Power & Crit or Spell Power & Crit, respectively) is.

Thank You
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This :
    Ambush: This ability now uses stamina instead of magicka, and applies the Minor Berserk buff on the next attack

What the hell is going wrong in your reflexion?? I agree ambush should get a stamina version (even if impale/ surprise attack stamina scalled would be more usefull). But! Almost every magicka melee solo NB pvp are running with ambush, and almost no one is using lotus fan (the other morph) SO explain me PLZ why not remove lotus fan and put the stam ambush instead (this way, there is 2 skills exactly same except one use stam and the other one magicka). My build is actually quite *** up due to that, I havent endless stam.
    I'm not sure because I'm still downloading on PTS, but I feel like its really really a non sense and a stupid thing.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confused...
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are welcome to stream or post anything from the PTS. In fact, we'd love to watch some streams for some live feedback!

Thanks for the quick response! :heart_eyes:
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Fordd
    Fordd
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, here are some clarifications/additions that we'll be adding to the original notes on the first page:

Missing Buffs/Debuffs
    • Minor Berserk Buff: Increases all damage done by 8%.
    • Major Berserk Buff: Increases all damage done by 25%.
    • Minor Maim Debuff: Reduces the damage your target can do by 15%.
    • Major Maim Debuff: Reduces the damage your target can do by 30%.

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Unstable Familiar
        • The unstable familiar (as well as the pets from the morphs of this ability) will now taunt monsters if the summoning player character is the only one on the hate list for that monster.

Alliance War
    • Assault
      • Guard
        • This new ability will intercept all projectiles that are targeted at allies near you, and when toggled, will also drain your target’s stamina while active.
        • Mystic Guard (morph): Your allies gain the Minor Vitality buff.
        • Stalwart Guard (morph): Using this ability will slow your stamina drain.
      • Vigor
        • This new ability will place a strong heal over time on allies within 10 meters over 4 seconds.
        • Resolving Vigor (morph): This ability will increase the heal value on yourself.
        • Echoing Vigor (morph): Increases the radius to 15 meters.
    • Support
      • Reveal
        • This new ability will cast a projectile to travel to a specified location, which will reveal all enemies within 10 meters.
        • Lingering Flare (morph): The area of effect will persist for 4 seconds after the ability is cast.
        • Scorching Flare (morph): Using this ability will place a damage over time on any revealed enemies.
      • Magicka Detonation
        • Using this new ability will place a bomb on your target. After 4 seconds, the bomb will explode dealing high area of effect damage. This ability has a 2 second cast time.
        • Inevitable Detonation (morph): This ability will deal area of effect damage if dispelled.
        • Proximity Detonation (morph): This ability, cast upon yourself, will blow up and damage all nearby enemies after a few seconds.

No mention of a fix for the purge bug from Elemental Blockaid. Are you planning on addressing this in 1.6?
    Fordd / Ford Trucks
    VR14 Templar (AD)
    VR14 DK (AD)

Decibel Heals
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the twilight, thats basicly a thin glass cannon already are reduced in hp? Single target spells is gonna eat it raw, ffs:/

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I can't say I'm happy with the Sorc changes. With the changes to destruction staff being buffed by spell dmg, Critical Surge (the one the heals) is only buffing physical weapon attacks and therefore is useless for a spell caster. At the same time, Sorcs were given no stamina attacks. Also, no changes to Bolt Escape. Of course this is all very early conjecture and in game testing is needed but on the surface, I am majorly disappointed in the Sorc notes.

Couldnt agree more sir. I expected atleast the twilight to have slightly more hp, not less, its already falling apart if someone merely looks at it wrong.

And no real buffs to our already poorly designed passives.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Heads up: When you log into the PTS, you will receive a skill reset, but some of you may not see an attribute reset. This will be addressed in the next PTS patch
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Wargaard
    Wargaard
    ✭✭
    Rad changes. Well played @ZOS .

One major thing though - where are rank restricted and progressive PvP sets? Or even just useful/desirable sets. Give them bonuses based on faction players around you, or just stuff we'd want with good traits.

Or AP mounts!! C'mon, give us something to spend our AP on pretty please?
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm i'm done with patch..now to wait for server to come up

how big was the download?

think 14 gig total

you serious bro? so they divide the download into two pieces i hate that...

That's because there are multiple language versions.

So rather than having one big download per language there are two common packages (one including game assets like models, textures, general sounds; the other one being the actual game client) and one package per voiceover language (EN, DE, and FR).
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    2014d7a7c13dc841c9e59f61c3a531a18ec57891ca8cb64da09fba6c0ce34e53.jpg
  • VisceralMonkey
    Did I miss a mention of more xp for player kills in AvA? I thought that was coming in this patch?
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    There are many quest npc's out there that don't have any other living souls near them. Are all these npc's now fair game to be murdered on a regular basis? Whatever the respawn rate you can bet griefers will be lurking to murder these npc's all the time.
    Imagine, you walk up to get a quest to kill some bears/wolves and come back and the damn mage is dead. So much for that quest. And all the griefer had to do was wait for you to walk away and he could still be hiding in the treeline laughing at you.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is char copy coming for EU chars?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Puncturing strike was the -only- ability I was using for soloing. WIth 60% more damage (and thus more heals from puncturing sweep) and 25% less cost, I don't need anything else on my bar for questing.

fo realz lol

i cycle through blazing spear, puncturing and the throwing spear but i may tweak a few now with my new tasty additions
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Good, no more using Dragon Leap to to bypass closed Gates and steal Scrolls by exploiting anymore!

Ferocious Leap (morph): We also fixed an issue where using this ability was unintentionally allowing you to jump up keep walls.

Finally.
    Oh, and to those who were saying "No, it's not an exploit since it hasn't been fixed yet"?

1bwBj4u.png?1

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]

You couldn't use this ability to leap behind gates, because if you dragon leaped up to a gate mage guard, you died, instantly - "Barrier of Ghartok - 10,000"
    Or so forth, but yea, if you manage to get up to a gate guard using Teleport Strike or Dragon Leap you died instantly from the kill barrier, people stealing scrolls from closed gates just waited behind it until it closed then grabbed it.

Actually that ability is cast by the Menders up top the Gates. If you kill them quickly, or more simply before you jump up, no damage.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tad disappointed that disguises won't be put into their own area...so far that's one of the things eating up inventory space for me.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    olsborg wrote: »
    When is char copy coming for EU chars?

We plan on doing the EU character copy the next time we patch PTS. We don't have a date locked down yet, but we'll keep everyone updated.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yup, we have a thread of streamers as well for a while now

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145136/streaming-1-6-on-pts-when-it-comes-out-who-else-is-in/p1
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI ZOS. I went to Khenarthi's Roost and my character CANNOT leave it. I've tried using Wayshrines, the Boat, hitting L and going into a campaign. It locks me in an eternal loading screen. Also when I tried to go to Cyrodiil via hitting L it told me that it could not queue due to an internal error. I am repairing pts right now in hopes that it fixes it.

EDIT- Nope, my v 14 Sorc is still stuck in Khenarthi's Roost and CAN'T leave. And my other 2 characters I want to test are stuck in Cyrodiil campaigns that aren't on PTS so I can't even log onto them.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 28, 2015 12:16AM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for not copying over any of the EU characters. Must be really hard to not forget like half the player base.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on January 28, 2015 12:58AM
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed the beginner dungeon and got stuck in a loading screne for Auridon. I quit out the game to report.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I completed the beginner dungeon and got stuck in a loading screne for Auridon. I quit out the game to report.

Thank you, @Ysne58. We're looking into a few similar reports (all in Auridon areas on the PTS.) We'll update this thread with additional info as we get it.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Medium armor only suppose to give like 495 crit rating now with 5 pieces? I mean I have like 11% crit chance with 5 medium, which is vastly lower then live servers
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Finally.

Oh, and to those who were saying "No, it's not an exploit since it hasn't been fixed yet"?

1bwBj4u.png?1

Agree Dood, its really clear in the terms of service anything that gives a player an advantage over another is an exploit. Amazing how many think that bugs are not (or potential) exploits... and explain them away as 'features'.

Anyhow, wanted to post took me 2.5 hours to review this, and skipped most all the PVE/NPC stuff since that is easier to discover live!
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Medium armor only suppose to give like 495 crit rating now with 5 pieces? I mean I have like 11% crit chance with 5 medium, which is vastly lower then live servers

World, meet the nerf to crit. Haven't you noticed they nerfed everything that gives crit in the game? Inner Light, all those skills... Even the Aether Set got nerfed!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After closing out my launcher and restarting I was able to get to Auridon.