Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing in regards to tanks being terrible.

Nothing.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After IC launched, I felt the ttk in pvp was good, had time to react, use specials, felt more like mmo combat and not a first person shooter like it was with all the insta killers.

Now that we have geared up to vr16, I am starting to see the return of the insta kills, getting hit for damage around 20k and this with a 50% damage reduction, do we have some skills that are not being effected by the damage reduction or is this just a product of getting geared ? Any thought on taking another look at the ttk, before we return to the first person shooter feel.

Edited by kevlarto_ESO on November 22, 2015 12:59PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 1.6 launched, I felt the ttk in pvp was good, had time to react, use specials, felt more like mmo combat and not a first person shooter like it was in 1.5 with all the insta killers.

Now that we have geared up to vr16, I am starting to see the return of the insta kills, getting hit for damage around 20k and this with a 50% damage reduction, do we have some skills that are not being effected by the damage reduction or is this just a product of getting geared ? Any thought on taking another look at the ttk, before we return to the first person shooter feel.

@kevlarto_ESO What does "ttk" stand for? Sorry, a few MMO terms I am not familiar with yet.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    After 1.6 launched, I felt the ttk in pvp was good, had time to react, use specials, felt more like mmo combat and not a first person shooter like it was in 1.5 with all the insta killers.

@kevlarto_ESO What does "ttk" stand for? Sorry, a few MMO terms I am not familiar with yet.
    time to kill (a player)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Why are crafting nodes and heavy sacks in Orsinium occasionally dropping matts significantly lower than the crafting skill level of the alt that I have been exploring the zone with. I have mastered all crafting professions and spent the skill points to attain max proficiency, but have found as low as jora potency runes (pot rank 1) from nodes and rank1 clothing matts in heavy sacks. This has happened repeatedly to me. The patch notes explicitly state that nodes and sacks will drop your crafting lvl or 1 lvl lower.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    Why are crafting nodes and heavy sacks in Orsinium occasionally dropping matts significantly lower than the crafting skill level of the alt that I have been exploring the zone with. I have mastered all crafting professions and spent the skill points to attain max proficiency, but have found as low as jora potency runes (pot rank 1) from nodes and rank1 clothing matts in heavy sacks. This has happened repeatedly to me. The patch notes explicitly state that nodes and sacks will drop your crafting lvl or 1 lvl lower.

If you have Rank 10 Metalworking you should find Voidstone Ore with the occasional Rubedite Ore.
    If you have Rank 10 Woodworking you should find Rough Nightwood with the occasional Rough Ruby Ash.
    And so on and so on... But each rank lower means you will always find materials that are used by that rank.

Perhaps re-check your top of the list passives in the line(s)? Also what platform are you on?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the blocking "nerf" (no stam regen while blocking), there are less tanks around. While I do not think it will be easy to undo such a change (and there are people who are vocal about wanting this undone), any chances of putting alternative incentives to play a tank? Usually the tank is not doing damage in comparison to a DPS, so they can be penalized on gear drops in larger groups where loot drops are limited to x players.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been like this for a while, and it's really annoying and bumming. It only lasts for like 5 seconds but it makes everything feel ragged and cheap. Another player told me today it's because Zenimax wants to shorten the loading time and help the PVPers . However, I hope you could do this in a more subtle and classy way... like figures in the form of white light or something.
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS could you release a patch in the future to improve the view distance? It has compromised your efforts to make this game look good a lot! There used to be mods out there that could remove the "fog" completely. However I am not an extreme graphics fetisher who wants to remove the "fog" completely but I think that a 20% to 30% view distance improvement is very necessary and would make most players feel much better.
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we be allowed to change our characters' names at least once? I really really want to change the name of my main character. Since players communicate through account names, a once in a life time character name change should not be an issued. Please make it happen Zenimax.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you planning on making vr14 sets the same stat value as the vr16 sets, so we actually can swap and make unique builds without loosing stats? Masters weapons, worm cult, ophidian, etc
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • iRogue32
    iRogue32
    ✭✭✭
    Is there and ETA for race/class changes?
    Epic Synergy (rip)
    Order of Mundus (rip)
    Crown Store Heroes (rip)
  • iRogue32
    iRogue32
    ✭✭✭
    Will the yokudan style ever be available to craft?
    Epic Synergy (rip)
    Order of Mundus (rip)
    Crown Store Heroes (rip)
  • charlesccps
    Any plan to have the known bug causing lots of crashing in Orsinium for Mac users running 27 inch iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.10.5, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB?
    Tech support has confirmed it's a known bug. No solution except "wait for a future patch".
    So when is the patch?
    Paid subscribers want to know.
    Thanks
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you people post the opening bard song music video of ESO Live to your youtube Channel? It's really really beautiful, both the music and the video.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It has been like this for a while, and it's really annoying and bumming. It only lasts for like 5 seconds but it makes everything feel ragged and cheap. Another player told me today it's because Zenimax wants to shorten the loading time and help the PVPers . However, I hope you could do this in a more subtle and classy way... like figures in the form of white light or something.

I'm sorry but what exactly is this towards?
    ZOS could you release a patch in the future to improve the view distance? It has compromised your efforts to make this game look good a lot! There used to be mods out there that could remove the "fog" completely. However I am not an extreme graphics fetisher who wants to remove the "fog" completely but I think that a 20% to 30% view distance improvement is very necessary and would make most players feel much better.

Are you on PC? If so perhaps check your settings and specs? On PS4 I can see a great distance away and it's plenty immersive!
    Could we be allowed to change our characters' names at least once? I really really want to change the name of my main character. Since players communicate through account names, a once in a life time character name change should not be an issued. Please make it happen Zenimax.

This has already been addressed and we have been told it's coming.
    Are you planning on making vr14 sets the same stat value as the vr16 sets, so we actually can swap and make unique builds without loosing stats? Masters weapons, worm cult, ophidian, etc

When Battle-Leveled all equipment regardless of level is scaled, so hopefully that will suffice for you!
    iRogue32 wrote: »
    Is there and ETA for race/class changes?

I doubt class change is coming as I recall them not including that in the Barber Shop concept. Race... perhaps is but unfortunately no ETA.
    iRogue32 wrote: »
    Will the yokudan style ever be available to craft?

We will be seeing many a new style with each DLC that comes so there is a good chance this one may come too.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 23, 2015 4:26AM
  • Godthab
    Godthab
    ✭✭
    This year I've enjoyed ESO even more than the last year since ZoS started updating the game on a *real* periodic basis(/applaud to ZoS). Now I'm worrying only one thing - we've seen those possible DLC areas in Quakecon 2014 and some of them are already introduced. Will it be the end of ESO major updates if all those areas are implemented, or can we expect more to come in the future as long as we keep supporting the game?
    J'zakar Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Stamina NB
    Ma'jirra Raimnirm | AD | Female | Khajiit Templar
    J'dran Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Dragonknight
    Dro'zaddha Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Sorcerer
    J'leena Zahan | DC | Male | Khajiit Magicka NB
    Qa'yiira | EP | Female | Khajiit Nightbalde Archer
    Jo'shua-ra | EP | Male | Khajiit Warden
  • Godthab
    Godthab
    ✭✭
    First of all many thanks for lots of meal additions along with yummy looking icons, refrecting lore. This one is a khajiit chef, just completed collecting recipes across Tamriel. He thinks he wants a title for that completion, to take meal orders from more people. Wonders if it is possible to have a title given only to those who completed collecting all the recipes. Also this one’s friend says she wants a title given only for the adept who completed all the craft research. Appreciate it much if such addition is coming!

- Dar’jade

(Godthab translated Dar’jade’s message into English and posted here on behalf of him. Please ignore these words in parentheses)
    J'zakar Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Stamina NB
    Ma'jirra Raimnirm | AD | Female | Khajiit Templar
    J'dran Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Dragonknight
    Dro'zaddha Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Sorcerer
    J'leena Zahan | DC | Male | Khajiit Magicka NB
    Qa'yiira | EP | Female | Khajiit Nightbalde Archer
    Jo'shua-ra | EP | Male | Khajiit Warden
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some details on Housing such as do we buy plots of land to build our homes, or do we all share one location (A castle full of rooms) or do we get to kick a small family out of their homestead? Will we get to do farming (grow items for crafting) sometime in the future with housing?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any plan to improve the loot tables for the weekly vet Maelstrom Arena rewards? It is very disheartening to see a gold armor piece drop from the weekly, which is something I can farm in the first three arenas and then upgrade myself. (There is no level difference on the drops like we had with pre-Imp city AA/HRC weekly rewards.) I feel like the weekly dropped loot should make us feel 'rewarded'.
    Edited by zerosingularity on November 23, 2015 2:40PM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Godthab wrote: »
    This year I've enjoyed ESO even more than the last year since ZoS started updating the game on a *real* periodic basis(/applaud to ZoS). Now I'm worrying only one thing - we've seen those possible DLC areas in Quakecon 2014 and some of them are already introduced. Will it be the end of ESO major updates if all those areas are implemented, or can we expect more to come in the future as long as we keep supporting the game?

Expect many, many updates to come until Tamriel truly is unlimited! As it stands now there are enough verified planned DLCs to bring major updates for over a year.
    Godthab wrote: »
    First of all many thanks for lots of meal additions along with yummy looking icons, refrecting lore. This one is a khajiit chef, just completed collecting recipes across Tamriel. He thinks he wants a title for that completion, to take meal orders from more people. Wonders if it is possible to have a title given only to those who completed collecting all the recipes. Also this one’s friend says she wants a title given only for the adept who completed all the craft research. Appreciate it much if such addition is coming!

- Dar’jade

(Godthab translated Dar’jade’s message into English and posted here on behalf of him. Please ignore these words in parentheses)

It has actually been requested already that Master Crafters get titles for their respective crafts, and I agree it would be nice to have some as well, but I would not except anything in regards to this just yet. Perhaps after all the new recipes to come are added in...
    Can we get some details on Housing such as do we buy plots of land to build our homes, or do we all share one location (A castle full of rooms) or do we get to kick a small family out of their homestead? Will we get to do farming (grow items for crafting) sometime in the future with housing?

Unfortunately they cannot give us any information since nothing is set in stone at the moment. Best we can get are teasers and/or hinted concepts lol
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JEWELLERY CRAFTING IDEA:

Q: Is it under construction?

Integrate it with the THIEVES GUILD DLC!

It would fit in nicely.... you have to acquire various base elements via theft to then melt them down to create a new piece of jewellery which is then no longer considered stolen....

SO you'd need:

Metal - Different rare metals for different levels of jewllery EG Platinum for V15/16
    Jewel - Similar to essence runes.... gives you either Arcane, Robust, healthy, Ornate item.
    Temper - Dictates level - white to yellow.

It would not only fit in with the whole idea of thieves guild, give everybody the jewellery crafting function we've always wanted, and also give the justice system a real purpose.... which without the world based PvP system we were originally promised is sadly lacking.

I'm pretty certain most people would happily put up with a month long delay to the thieves guild DLC if we could get this included! ;)
    Edited by Flaminir on November 23, 2015 6:21PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    JEWELLERY CRAFTING IDEA:

Q: Is it under construction?

Integrate it with the THIEVES GUILD DLC!

It would fit in nicely.... you have to acquire various base elements via theft to then melt them down to create a new piece of jewellery which is then no longer considered stolen....

SO you'd need:

Metal - Different rare metals for different levels of jewllery EG Platinum for V15/16
    Jewel - Similar to essence runes.... gives you either Arcane, Robust, healthy, Ornate item.
    Temper - Dictates level - white to yellow.

It would not only fit in with the whole idea of thieves guild, give everybody the jewellery crafting function we've always wanted, and also give the justice system a real purpose.... which without the world based PvP system we were originally promised is sadly lacking.

I'm pretty certain most people would happily put up with a month long delay to the thieves guild DLC if we could get this included! ;)

Jewelry Crafting is on the dev board, which means they have not yet decided if it will be implemented or not but it is pending.

Believe me though I want it too and even made a detailed thread about how it can be done at one point lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 23, 2015 7:06PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three quick questions for ZOS:

1. What is the position of the creative leads on adding classic Elder Scrolls diseases to ESO?

Yes (soon, not so soon)? No? Maybe/Will look into it?

2. What is the position of the creative leads on adding religion/home shrines to ESO? Would go well with player housing.

3. What is the position of the creative leads on adding skooma crafting to ESO?

For question 2 no doubt they could probably add altars and stuff for decorative purposes but ESO, unlike Skyrim and any other TES game to use them, uses Mundus Stones for boons as opposed to said altars.
    The things being discussed in the thread aren't equivalent to Mundus Stones. They ideas tossed around include tiny to moderate temporary buffs, very rare and temporary larger buffs, and a lot of RP related things.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three quick questions for ZOS:

1. What is the position of the creative leads on adding classic Elder Scrolls diseases to ESO?

2. What is the position of the creative leads on adding religion/home shrines to ESO? Would go well with player housing.

3. What is the position of the creative leads on adding skooma crafting to ESO?

For question 2 no doubt they could probably add altars and stuff for decorative purposes but ESO, unlike Skyrim and any other TES game to use them, uses Mundus Stones for boons as opposed to said altars.
    The things being discussed in the thread aren't equivalent to Mundus Stones. They ideas tossed around include tiny to moderate temporary buffs, very rare and temporary larger buffs, and a lot of RP related things.

RP is logical but the rest... Well, we shall see won't we? lol
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Mara recognize polygamous relationships? Could a person adventure with two players to whom they have been pledged and receive Mara's blessing from both pledges?
    I2j3MA1.jpg?1

In other words: Do Rings of Mara stack?

Edited by Gidorick on November 24, 2015 5:36AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Question

Are you re looking at the tanking role, currently its the least played role and we get punished by content for picking it.such as pvp and vet arena where we carnt kill any one or even be able to clear solo arena..
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know when you are going to show some love to the tanks. With the no stam regen while blocking, and new Orsinium gear only available through solo play (good luck as a tank). If you only have one character and choose to tank, how on earth would you expect to get a 5 piece set in orsinium? Why would anyone want to spend time developing tank skills? They wouldn't, so you become hard pressed to find a really good tank these days. So when exactly are you going to give someone a reason to tank? I'm personally pretty upset that I have very little chance of scoring a 5 piece of Pariah.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Does Mara recognize polygamous relationships? Could a person adventure with two players to whom they have been pledged and receive Mara's blessing from both pledges?
    I2j3MA1.jpg?1

In other words: Do Rings of Mara stack?

This is *** next level.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the cinematic, it looks like it's a Sorceress, and Rogue type--and then what's the third guy? Is that a Tank?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
This discussion has been closed.