What's the best/funniest NPC line you've heard?

• Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got some items from my Argonian craft supplier who aspires to be a writer. She just got hooked up with a publisher.

"I wallow in the mud of elation."

I love Argonians. It made me visualize myself wallowing.

You can get some gems from the craft suppliers.

Edited by Blud on November 10, 2014 9:12AM
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    You can get some gems from the craft suppliers.

Only from Mystics, surely? :lol:
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraneth, an NPC in Grahtwood for the main story quest says:

I do hope that smell came out of an animal.

I've italicized the stress, so you can imagine it with her Altmer accent.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't recall the dialogue but early in the EP maps there's a Couple upstairs in an inn clearly engaged in S&M

This would be the Ebon Flask in Ebonheart? They are not just upstairs but in the basement too ...

I think the best line in the Ebon Flask (it may have been mentioned already) is from the Woman in the basement with the guy tied up and all the torture tools next to her, she has 2 things she can say when you talk to her but 1 of them is something like "Don't spare any pity on him, he's misbehaved terribly"

Had me in doubled up laughing the first time I heard it :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    "You really must go and bother someone else. I'm close to convincing Neomi to come see my collection of antique riding crops. If you know what I mean" - Michebert Montieu

"Please go away now. I've almost got Michebert to finally ask me over to see his antique riding crops and I don't want anything to get in the way. I really need to see a good riding crop today." - Neomi Malyne

Both can be found outside the Daggerfall Bank. Still among my favorites in the game.
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭
    "i erect the spine of praise"
    "i erect the spine of trade"
    argonian female in eso says those and i laugh every time, never gets old to hear it.

Thats just how argonians talk you racist ! I erect the spine of anger !
    Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Grahtwood, a Dominion soldier said:

"I bet you'd have to study just to be a half-wit."
    Edited by Blud on November 22, 2014 9:46AM
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Betnikh if you go to the stables and talk to a NPC in the vicinity they say
    "We should just kill all the horses, eat them and be done with it."
  • painsworth01
    painsworth01
    ✭✭✭
    I've just spent 9 months of RL time renovating a 30 years old house. Recently i was standing in Daggerfall and an NPC approached my toon, saying, "How are your renovations coming along?"
    Spooky!
  • PsylverRaven
    PsylverRaven
    ✭✭✭
    Vicecanon Hrondar - "Just in time! We've got a mess on our hands, worse than after a dog eats a cheese wheel."

Then I picture the NPCs walking their pets and carrying poop bags and cringe because it uses an inventory slot.
    Cold Thunder

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    - Albert Einstein
  • HydroCanuck
    HydroCanuck
    ✭✭
    "...Then I took an arrow to the knee."
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭

"
    Edited by Phaedrus on December 3, 2014 9:46PM
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a wood elf crouching near the front stairs of the main building in Mistral, Khenarthi's Roost that has a normal Wood Elf voice but speaks with the "This one..." Khajiit expression. I laughed and thought ZO must have made a mistake until I explored the room above the inn. There is an npc or journal that suggests he's gone a bit too native.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I home in Dhalmora and Bokeeus tells me all the time that she "whispers secrets to the wood" :o

what kind of secrets?!? mmmhmmm
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Nord I tried pickpocketing in Rifen yelled out "This thief has inappropriately touched me!"
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Less drilling and more action would be nice." - Female guards whenever the walk passed the crafting center in Evermore.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you feel like losing ten pounds of ugly fat, I'll be happy to chop off your head."
    -- Wayrest
    Edited by spoqster on March 29, 2015 11:26AM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing a quest in a draugr infested barrow in Wrothgar. I was battling the draugr with my bow and I think the NPC follower yelled for me to aim for their knees.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Robotworgen92
    The captain of the prowler after you challenge her to a drinking contest. "I had hoped you forgot my raunchy song about the queen, but what was I supposed to rhyme with Vulkhel guard?" Lol, I can't imagine what she could have rhymed with that..
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't remember the words but I accepted a quest to meet an orc woman somewhere, did random things for 3 nights then went to meet her and she said something like "Where have you been? You think I have nothing to do then sit on my arse waiting on you"
    I know it was scripted but it was funny how personal it seemed.

• Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you see a bat and it's holding a baby, THATS...MY..... BABY!"
    LOL, Wha?
    https://youtu.be/O_pnxqMi0dw[/yt]
    Edited by Eshelmen on April 1, 2016 6:48AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The captain of the prowler after you challenge her to a drinking contest. "I had hoped you forgot my raunchy song about the queen, but what was I supposed to rhyme with Vulkhel guard?" Lol, I can't imagine what she could have rhymed with that..

Something hard?
  • Vanady
    Vanady
    ✭✭✭
    'Feel more... Goblinish every moment', don't remember the npc's name. xD
    Guilds: Hodor / Aurora Avalonis / Exterminatus / Ghost & Goblins

@ VanaEvr (EU PC EP)
    Vanady Y - Templar Healer - Breton
    Vaine Evr - Nightblade Magicka - Dark Elf
    Va'shjra Yaz - Dragonknight Stamina - Khajiit
    Vasorcys - Sorceress Magicka - Breton
    Vanaya W - Warden Healer - Breton
    Vanea Vany - Dragonknight Magicka - Breton
    Vanecro X - Necromancer Healer - Breton

My Youtube Channel Here
    My Twitch Channel Here
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Shutup Tharn"
    Edited by imredneckson on April 1, 2016 9:34AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    The Khajiit showing off the "real, live dog!"

I love her. So much.

I also recently ran into a khajiit guard(female) who I think flirted with me. She said something about us having another bussnies than the bounty. When I payed her she replied "I hope you enjoyed that too" (that guard was in TG town)
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much anything Tharn says, and/or any of his dialogue with Lyris, but this exchange is probably my favourite:

Abnur Tharn: Dank corridors, crumbling walls, nauseating smells. This place has all the charm of a Riften brothel. It must feel very much like home to you, Titanborn.

Lyris Titanborn: You mean a crypt filled with the rotting corpses of inbred kings and failed statesmen. Must be what it’s like at a Tharn family reunion.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My best is ( sorry it's in french :P )

shéogorath : " puissiez vous être un fromage a tout jamais ronger par des ragnarr ! "
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Arkays beard it's been a long day.
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one that I like is from the end of the quest in Bergama where you have to sort out the wedding for that couple. You present them with their gift (an aphrodisiac), and the woman does that "shocked/horrified" facial expression and says "Oh my... what a... special gift... thank you". Always cracks me up :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    "If you see a bat and it's holding a baby, THATS...MY..... BABY!"
    LOL, Wha?
    https://youtu.be/O_pnxqMi0dw[/yt]

That gave me a good laugh! Where is that? I want to go there now just to see the bat guy.
    Edited by Annalyse on April 2, 2016 3:48AM