Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the best/funniest NPC line you've heard?

Blud
Blud
✭✭✭✭✭
I was at Skald's Retreat today in the Rift and I heard a ghostly mother scolding her daughter.

"You're going out dressed like that? You look like a horker!"

Edited by Blud on August 16, 2014 2:01AM
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath:
    "Don't be presumptuous, mortal, or I'll banish you to the Isle of Lusty Bards."
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dremora in Coldharbor:

"You look like a sturdy one. Shall I treat you to my whip or the riding crop?"
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Apothecy
    Apothecy
    ✭✭✭
    KaJ9OXJ.jpg
    Main: Imperial -- Nightblade -- LVL 50
    Faction: Daggerfall Covenant
    Platform: PC
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "i erect the spine of praise"
    "i erect the spine of trade"
    argonian female in eso says those and i laugh every time, never gets old to hear it.
  • Cyberdown
    Cyberdown
    ✭✭✭
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291446707

for whatever reason the forums never take my steam pics

also it was really funny how it was said.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyberdown wrote: »

must be nice to be able to play the game through steam D:
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Cyberdown
    Cyberdown
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Cyberdown on August 16, 2014 3:17AM
  • Cyberdown
    Cyberdown
    ✭✭✭

if it makes you feel any better, this forum will not accept any pictures displayed...which is annoying...stuff goes in "Attach image/file" but nothing gets displayed.

• Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

if it makes you feel any better, this forum will not accept any pictures displayed...which is annoying...stuff goes in "Attach image/file" but nothing gets displayed.

You could try using the snipping tool. Snip it, save it as a .jpg and then see if it displays.
    Edited by Tabbycat on August 16, 2014 3:22AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Cyberdown
    Cyberdown
    ✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »

You could try using the snipping tool. Snip it, save it as a .jpg and then see if it displays.

yeah or ill just toss a link in the text. if it worked id do it where it displayed but its not a big deal and not really worth the effort of junking up a folder with saved pics just for the odd forum post...
  • Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    Make no effort to show your pics, and most people won't make an effort to go looking for them. Just a thought.
  • Cyberdown
    Cyberdown
    ✭✭✭
    Make no effort to show your pics, and most people won't make an effort to go looking for them. Just a thought.

don't care, but weve derailed this thread enough.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't care, but weve derailed this thread enough.

I viewed the pics, btw.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Praise the Egg"
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Nord in Eastmarch doing his best Kindergarten Cop impression:

"It's not a rumour!"
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed a NPC who was bent over a chest and as I was attacking he yelled out "Hey, you broke my lock pick!"
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a char named after it.

"Believe what you like. "

Its just the delivery of the line.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Ridicularded
    Ridicularded
    ✭✭✭
    "Did you hear? A stranger saved King Cassamere's life!"

"Do you have any idea who it was? I'd like to buy that stranger an ale."

Over... and over............ and over again........
    Edited by Ridicularded on August 16, 2014 4:34AM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are the three I have come across that made me laugh the most.

Granette Feldrin
    "Greedy, ignorant, ugly, son of a mammoth's ass! That Diel can go leap in a river!"

Trayna
    "*** off. Find your own junk pile"

Naryu Virian
    "What am I saying? Get your arse in there and save King Jorunn!"

Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

Trayna
    "*** off. Find your own junk pile"

EDIT: Thanks for clarifying. Where is she? I want to hear that one :)

Also, there is an Argonian stand up comedian, I forgot his name.

The Dunmer where he was working didn't take to his material. He said, "They do not swim in the river of humor."

I've also heard and Argonian (maybe him) say, "My scales are moist with anticipation."
    Edited by Blud on August 16, 2014 4:53AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPC in the tavern in Davon's Watch:

You throw it up, you lick it up!

:D

• Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I heard it correctly, but I could swear I heard an NPC say "...that's what she said!" hehe
  • Draxuul
    Draxuul
    ✭✭✭
    1: i had just finished a quest line for the dagger fall covenant and i was watching a small scene where a King was trying to decide whether to execute his wife's murderer , who was an old friend of his, or not .

Not very far from there one of the guard says out of no where :" I'm going to live for ever , or at least die trying " . I really laughed at that one .

2: I sometimes come across a guard who says :" There are no rules here, but i'll tell you if you break one"

3: I can't remember which quest that was but there were several named NPC's to kill. I guess you could call them mini bosses . As always , when you approach such NPC's they'll have something to say before they start attacking you .

The thing is i was level 29 and the quest was lvl 24 . I started attacking those NPC's as soon as i entered their room and i remember two of them said really funny things while dying.

- the first one started saying :" You will see the power i have ........" . That's all he had the time to say before dropping dead hehe. I really laughed at this one .

- the second one was a women in full plate and as i entered the room she started talking a lot but all i can remember was her last words :" I do not know who sent you but he sent you here to die" .

Said the women as she was dropping lifeless to the ground. Heck of a choice of last words if you ask me lol . For some reason she didn't get interrupted like the other one when i killed her . She really had to finish that sentence lol .

Draxuul
    Be who you want to be , do what you want to do, play the way you want to play.

The Prophet once said :``There is no perfect choice , there are only other choices. ``

Same goes for your build. There is no perfect build, there are only other builds.

My name is Draxuul and i approve this message .

• odiasuda
    odiasuda
    ✭✭✭
    "Come back again when you can't stay quite so long."
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I even had a salad".
    Gloo of the Vinedusk Rangers, female Bosmer.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    DFAc5JJ.jpg
    Edited by stabbykitteh on August 16, 2014 1:33PM
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Khajiit showing off the "real, live dog!"
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one of the taverns, there's a group of ghost undaunted.
    The leader, still after many years, thinks they are mighty and calls for the others to sing the undaunted song.

One of the ghosts is like, "Ohhhhhh, again, why. .. Somebody shove a sword through my face.. .

The other one says, Your already dead, it wouldn't do Thing.

the Fed up ghost replies, Damn it..

Then they start singing the most uninspired song ever.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh! There are so many! My roommate must think I'm mad, sitting here with my headphones, laughing out hysterically every now and then.

Loved all the dialog with Rigurt the Brash. He is amazing! And when I read his journal... ♥
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Razum-Dar said after he was magically disguised as Queen Ayrenn.

2014-08-12_00148_zps1e785dd4.jpg

Hehe.

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”