Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the best/funniest NPC line you've heard?

• bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an orc in Grahtwood in the seducer location, he says:

"There is an old Orc saying about shields, it's like "buy a shield or something" "
    you ask "do you sell shields?"
    and he immediately says "mm No." the second you click it.
    ~Thallen~
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    " Now now Tharn, no telling my secrets!! Go to your room Abnur, I will deal with you shortly." - Mannimarco
  • Khami
    Khami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's in Wayrest, but one of the guards says, "There are no rules here, but we'll let you know when you break one."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour, during the "Breaking the Shackle" quest, where Cadwell says that we should go and give it a "d*** good thrashing".

Completely lifted from Cleese in Fawlty Towers, the "thrashing" scene (which is one of the best remembered and well-loved scenes from the show). Loved Fawlty Towers, love Elder Scrolls, love Cadwell - just hearing Cleese say that same line when playing Cadwell was awesome and just one of the best Easter Eggs ever - it was surely put in there with the possibility that the only people to understand the reference would be British people over the age of 40 - and yes Zenimax, we understood the reference, loved it and laughed at it. Thank you :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0onXhyLlE
    Edited by Epona222 on September 14, 2014 7:20AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Sentinel bank on the Alik'r desert, there's a woman I heard say something like this...

She starts: "Here's the thing... I..." and pauses, and then: "I... forget the thing."

That cracked me up the first time I heard it :lol:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you want to lose 10 lbs of ugly fat, I'll gladly chop off your head"

or

"If I want your opinion.. I'll give it to you"

;)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Coldharbour, during the "Breaking the Shackle" quest, where Cadwell says that we should go and give it a "d*** good thrashing".

Completely lifted from Cleese in Fawlty Towers, the "thrashing" scene (which is one of the best remembered and well-loved scenes from the show). Loved Fawlty Towers, love Elder Scrolls, love Cadwell - just hearing Cleese say that same line when playing Cadwell was awesome and just one of the best Easter Eggs ever - it was surely put in there with the possibility that the only people to understand the reference would be British people over the age of 40 - and yes Zenimax, we understood the reference, loved it and laughed at it. Thank you :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0onXhyLlE
    Hey, I'm not British (well, actually that's not entirely true, as I do have dual citizenship, but I've never lived anywhere in the UK, and I wasn't born there either), and I'm under 40 and I understood the reference! I always knew that someday, somehow, being raised on Fawlty Towers would pay off... Just don't mention the war!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the NPC that says: "Getting smart with you? And how would you know!"
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • MikeBob
    MikeBob
    ✭✭✭
    "What's the best/funniest NPC line you've heard?"

Dramatic:

"Be quick and stay quiet - it's the only certain way to remain alive." (The Thief)

Funny:

"I need another drink like I need a head in the hole" (some drunk Nord)

"You look like I could use a drink!" (another drunk Nord)

Funnier:

"Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!" (oh wait ...)

Clever:

Lots. Too many to list them all, really. Good stuff.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »
    Two of my recent favorites, part of the same quest.

q3QNRuW.png

MM5b0Bj.png

Reminds me, there is a Khajiit woman there (not quest related) that if you talk to her as a male Khajiit after winning the arena that asks you to have dinner with you and kind of implied that she wanted to mate with you.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's this quote I sometimes hear an Orc bandit say which goes something like: "You can't swing a dead cat; I got in trouble for that once".
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you want to lose 5 pounds of ugly fat, I can chop off your head."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't recall the dialogue but early in the EP maps there's a Couple upstairs in an inn clearly engaged in S&M

This would be the Ebon Flask in Ebonheart? They are not just upstairs but in the basement too ...

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't recall the dialogue but early in the EP maps there's a Couple upstairs in an inn clearly engaged in S&M

This would be the Ebon Flask in Ebonheart? They are not just upstairs but in the basement too ...

There's also a male couple in the bar. They are, ahhh... not observing each other's personal space... :blush:

Ozeli0C.png
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one of the more novel quest endings, after you rescued a mead brewery for some Nords and killed the Orc chief who led the raid on it, you get to put the chief's head on a pike. The Nord approves and says,

"It may be ugly but nothing says security like an Orc's head on a pike."
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You, for Nothing
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one I heard in Fort Amol today:

"I can't remember her name. The pretty one, with the beard."

Wut?
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ Must have been a dwarf... yeah, that explains it :smiley:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    I just had to come back to this thread after doing a quest last night....

*ahem clears throat*

"***! Who throws cat *** on someone!?!"
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    The celeb Skyrim quote "Some people call this junk. Me? I call it treasure."

Become "Some people call this junk. Me? I call it junk too". from a Khajiit vendor at Eldenroot
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the Abnur Tharn lines and jokes while you are doing the main story xD

Yeah, Abnur Tharn is pretty much the king of snarkiness. He is pretty funny.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Anyone can become Emperor. It's a risk we all must take."

Question I most regretted asking.
    There is a Quest NPC that is all alone claiming to be a king and sends you on a quest to collect pieces to build his crown. When you return with the crown you point out that there is no one else around and ask him who he is king of.
    His response....."Well now that you're here I'm king of you."
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    not the funniest but it made me giggle abit.

33e0ehk.png
    "it might be unseemly for a woman of noble birth to be drawn to the forge, but i cant help myself.

i find all the muscles and sweating to be... so interesting"
    Edited by Louis on November 3, 2014 8:16AM
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    various male npc "I haven't seen any action in weeks"

various female npc "I know what you need"
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I am not an Argonian, I am a crocodile!"
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard this one the other day by an NPC fisherman: "I'm fishing for some action. Haha!"

I just thought to myself, "Oh god, they've put 'Dad' jokes in the game."
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmeri stuff
    98c6sx.png
    10o02yq.png
    34euulj.png
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Belkarth, Craglorn: