Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the best/funniest NPC line you've heard?

• Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭
    There is a pretty good one In Craglorn East side of the map where a gate is. He is Cursing the idiot that put the siege weapons up on the wrong side of the gate and stairs and how he isn't going to be the one to disassemble and move them.
  • elrusho1
    elrusho1
    ✭✭
    Famous last words:

' ... it looks like I have to take care of you myself!'

repeated by 80% of people.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Surprise me. Say something intelligent"

Or

"Want to lose 10 lbs of ugly fat? Cut your head off"
    Edited by Alphashado on August 28, 2014 5:55PM
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear some bandits in Cyrodiil say!
    "lady telling a man"
    Man says "argg" while fighting, Lady says "That's what say said"
    Dirtybyrd
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random NPC line repeated across Tamriel: "So then I says, 'That's not a stew, that's my laundry!'"
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TPQ3tI4.png
    The prince has just the sense of sarcasm I would have if my sister were queen. B)
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of one of Tharn's charming comments:
    "I swear, I haven't heard such bickering and whining since the last Tharn family gathering at Mid Year's Feast"! :)
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    When you buy a beer for the fighter's guild ghosts at Coldharbor. I don't know the line perfectly so I won't try but it makes me laugh.
    "War ..... War never changes"
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    Haskill: "The fork [of Horripilation] excites and synergizes magicka around it. When held in the hand of someone more notable than yourself, it can produce dramatic results.

"In your hand, it might be suitable for conveying roast beef to your mouth."

Adusa-Daro: "But if wishes were fishes, Adusa would be a very happy cat."

When you ask High King Emeric if you can ask a few questions: "Of course. I am a veritable treasure trove of useless information, and I love to share." Reminds me of some people I know... :smiley:

Darien Gautier: "If I could get my hands on that d*mn lizard, I swear I'd make a pair of boots from his hide. And then I'd put them on and stomp through troll poop!"

Nagaddu, a merchant in Elden Root: "Some call this junk. This one? This one also call this junk, resell it at deep discount." Nice reference to Skyrim's "Some may call this junk. Me? I call them treasures."

Balag, talking about the arena in Reaper's March: "Swordmaster combatants are skilled with the hacking and the slashing. Also the jabbing and the chopping. Sometimes there is the poking."

Lyris, on killing zombies: "I hate killing things that are already dead. It's just not as satisfying."

Lyris's toast: "To Molag Bal, that ugly skeever! May his privates be infected with Brown Rot Fever! May our course be true and our hearts be brave, as we march into Coldharbour to spit on his grave!"

I could go on, but this post is long enough.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Nord who says maybe you could become the Thane of Whiterun (I've heard they take everyone).

Oh, and the Khajiit (I think it was Adusa) who gets distracted by the thought of string.
    Edited by Melian on August 30, 2014 9:19PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    That Nord who says maybe you could become the Thane of Whiterun (I've heard they take everyone).

I sprayed my coffee when I heard that one. That and the notion of an ironic Nord hipster holding forth while someone shouts "your grandmother could eat more than that!!!" in the background.

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    <snip>
    Oh, and the Khajiit (I think it was Adusa) who gets distracted by the thought of string.

@Melian:

This one:
    Ttbh3bx.jpg?1

Heh... That was one of the first NPC's dialogues that I captured, because it seemed funny to me :)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "I bet you have to study just to be a halfwit"
    -random guard
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people getting LOLs in this thread.
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember exactly what was said.. but sometime around completing the first faction quests, I was ported to visit Queen Ayrenn.. And Razum-Dar says something suggestive about Naryu, earning him a rebuke from the Queen :)

That was funny.. then there's the Kahjit with the soppiest looking Dog in the cage.. "stare into it foaming vile maw" etc etc :)
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some drunks in Eastmarch arguing about the lyrics to their favorite drinking song and one of the guys saying something to effect of, "Why would it be 'If I get drunk?' My getting drunk was never in question." I know I butchered it, but it's something along those lines.
    The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruins of Sancre Tor

Tharn complaints about foul smells
    Lyris complaints about smell of rotting corpses
    Sai-Sahan says: "Its much more pleasant place in the summer"
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Shadowfen ( or Deshan) quests - Nord and his son gather Argonian relics quest:
    "That boy is stupid! He couldn’t find his arse even if he used a clairvoyance spell! He takes after his whring mother."
    Edited by Zouni on September 4, 2014 5:02PM
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    "It smells like church in here!"
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    All the discussion of the dead undaunted inside the Hollow city tavern (Coldharbour)
    "Sing you fool"!
    -The discussion between the bosmer and the khajit in Elden root(peacemaker achievement)
    The Khajit is eating flowers near the road and the bosmer gets mad with him because flowers are supposed to be sacred, or something like that.
    "But this one loves to eat flowers" lol ...that one made my day.

And there a lot more of those wich I dont remember .

I hope they include more of this conversations in the future .

oh yea ..and almost forgot .

All the Abnur Tharn lines and jokes while you are doing the main story xD
    Edited by mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO on September 4, 2014 5:13PM

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a mission in Greenshade were you need to rescue some Bosmer explorers who had been kidnapped by pirates. Once you get them out, you find that the guy who asked you to find them was an Imperial bounty hunter or something, and so the explorers are being captured again as soon as you rescued them.

The conversation that follows from the Bosmer is pretty hilarious, including something along the lines of:

Bosmer1: Ugh..I can't believe we let you talk us into sailing through pirate-infested waters.

Bosmer2: Oh come on, this isn't that bad!

Bosmer1: We're being taken prisoner...again!

Bosmer2: But we're adventurers! This is the most excitement we've had in months!
    Edited by Aett_Thorn on September 4, 2014 5:14PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of my recent favorites, part of the same quest.

q3QNRuW.png

MM5b0Bj.png
    Edited by Srugzal on September 7, 2014 12:39AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure if this one has been mentioned yet but darien in rivenspire hands down wins this one when he says "stop annointing me with your oils and creams, they smell like church!" lol
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spit my drink out at this one.

Screenshot_20140703_225227_zpsf39cb15c.png
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got a new favorite, and -- surprise! -- it's from M'aiq the Liar. Spoilered for those who want to find his words on their own.
    M'aiq learned too late that the ash pits are home to Dunmer Ancestors. He ... erm ... hopes they don't mind the rain.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a random bit of dialogue I heard in greenshade that may or may not be location specific, and I have only ever heard it one time:

"Come back again, when you cannot spend so much time."
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    i used to run up to a bank in one of the cities probably fifty times while I was leveling in that zone, every time passing two NPCs, a man and a woman. The man would always say, "Hello," or "Good day," or something like that. But one time I sprinted by, full sprint, and I swear he said something like, "What's your hurry?"

I stopped dead in my tracks, dumbfounded. It was great.
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't recall the dialogue but early in the EP maps there's a Couple upstairs in an inn clearly engaged in S&M
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sai sahan

"a man is only as great as the beard that wears him"
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.