Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the best/funniest NPC line you've heard?

• DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the Alcaire Castle grounds in overheard someone shouting: "Hide your children, hide your wife! The redgaurd's going to attack at any moment."

I nearly rolled out my chair! =)
  • Huxley12345
    Huxley12345
    ✭✭
    "I am the Artificer Madam! That is why I dare!"

The fearless delivery by Telenger to a Deadric Prince was fantastic.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This seems to be a random NPC guard line in DC:

"I like to crush skulls and eat sweet rolls... and I'm all out of sweet rolls!"

If this isn't a reference to the Duke, I don't know. :D
  • Nhines
    Nhines
    ✭✭✭
    Quest in Eastmarch.
    “What is that cat ***? Who the hell throws cat *** on someone?”
    Edited by Nhines on August 19, 2014 10:54PM
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not an NPC per se, I had one of my crafting hirelings blame his poor haul on him having to tend to his poor, sick dog!
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Go ahead, surprise me. Say something intelligent."

Every time I hear this, I think the retort should be, "You wouldn't understand it."
    Edited by Blud on August 21, 2014 4:13AM
  • Electric Feel
    Electric Feel
    ✭✭✭
    Threads like this are why I love this game
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drunk winemerchant in Stonefalls tends to crack me up with the line he utters in a drunken slur when you've helped him out:

"Thank the three! Alllll... three of them!"
    Edited by Siluen on August 21, 2014 5:57AM
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this one today in Reaper's March :)

gJEWKds.jpg?1
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another from today...

Meat%20Pie.png
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a female wood elf NPC in Bramblebreach named Firillin, or something like that. If you chat her up, she says this:

"What are you doing?"
    "I play with the ants. Build them little houses, give them jobs, introduce them to each other so they make ant babies, that sort of thing."

Has to be a reference to "The Sims". Hilarious in its own right, too.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    The drunk winemerchant in Stonefalls tends to crack me up with the line he utters in a drunken slur when you've helped him out:

"Thank the three! Alllll... three of them!"

I'm kind of in love with him. One of the best quests in EP!
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard a bandit complaining to another bandit. "So I broke four lock picks trying to open a chest only to find out it was empty." My only thought was that suck I sure hope it doesn't happen to me.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of this thread, I've been writing down gems. It seems that they're nearly endless. Here's just 2:

1. A female Argonian warrior says, "I've got mud caked in places where mud should not be."

2. I've long been a fan of pirate movies, and the best of them is "Treasure Island" (1934, Gary Cooper, Wallace Beery as Long John Silver). There's a quest in Coldharbour where a bunch of Argonian pirates get caught up in a cursed treasure and a phantom fleet. All but one of them get turned into skeletons, but the redoubtable Pirate Captain is not deterred by this setback. In a line worthy of Long John Silver, but in the driest, flattest monotone Argonian she intones, utterly without emphasis or accent,"And I swear by the blood of me crew, that spook will pay for this wicked trick."
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be a random NPC guard line in DC:

"I like to crush skulls and eat sweet rolls... and I'm all out of sweet rolls!"

If this isn't a reference to the Duke, I don't know. :D

I believe it is a reference to the immortal cult classing starring Rowdy Roddy Piper, "They Live", in which he enters a bank full of aliens that only he can see, and declares, "I am here to kick a*s and chew bubble-gum. And I'm all out of bubble-gum." and procedes to devastate a building full of aliens.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A female guard informed me last night that if I was trying to be witty I was only half way there...

• Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    I was at Skald's Retreat today in the Rift and I heard a ghostly mother scolding her daughter.

"You're going out dressed like that? You look like a horker!"

@zos_GinaBruno "We are working on Werewolves, will have the changes posted this week"

I contend that Gina *is* a NPC, as she meets all the criteria, She obviously does not play the game, so she is a NON PLAYER, and her comments are hilarious so she is quite the CHARACTER.....
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MAOofDC wrote: »
    I heard a bandit complaining to another bandit. "So I broke four lock picks trying to open a chest only to find out it was empty." My only thought was that suck I sure hope it doesn't happen to me.

I heard a variation on that, with a thief complaining to a friend that he broke four lockpicks opening a chest, only to find a single lockpick.

Not sure which is worse.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Found a drunk, dancing nord in the river today.
    "Ten cheers for King Jorunn! Ten drinks for Jofarr!"
    t0okqs.png
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget exactly what was said but one of my hirelings sent me his package one day with an apology for the brevity of his message as he was being chased by a mob of angry villagers.
  • thesongoftimeb14_ESO
    In Davon Watch, an NPC is always saying... Don't know what tooo dooo. For some reason, I always comment back. lol
  • Dovhakiin
    Dovhakiin
    ✭✭
    Probably any troll-line from Abnur Tharn xD
  • Dovhakiin
    Dovhakiin
    ✭✭
    Double comment
    SoupDragon wrote: »
    t0okqs.png
    A drunk Nord? Why am I not surprised?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAOofDC wrote: »

I heard a variation on that, with a thief complaining to a friend that he broke four lockpicks opening a chest, only to find a single lockpick.

Not sure which is worse.
    An pretty obvious reference to Oblivion and to some degree Skyrim.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    "as I was going out one day, my head fell off and rolled away,
    and when i saw that it was gone, I picked it up and put it on"

Cadwell
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Dovhakiin wrote: »
    Double comment
    SoupDragon wrote: »
    t0okqs.png
    A drunk Nord? Why am I not surprised?

Haha, true! One of many reasons I love playing the EP storyline.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergeant Herdor: I love a good sneak attack. The look in a man's eye when the knife goes in. Ooh! I just got chills.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • rbenkepub19_ESO
    rbenkepub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "I have to drink this much, or I'll dry out."
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few favorites:

NPC in Rivenspire says: "If you are going for wit I can say that you are half way there."

Guard at bank in Repaer's March says: "If you want to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat, I can cut your head off."

Another NPC in Reaper's March says: " Your face is so ugly it could curdle milk!"
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nhines wrote: »
    Quest in Eastmarch.
    “What is that cat ***? Who the hell throws cat *** on someone?”

There are a bunch of different lines for that one.. all of them are classic!