The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

overland is to easy

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
i like hard content.

its why i like progging trials. if its too easy it feels like grinding. and overland...

why can a lvl 10 easily do overland in craglorn?
why is a mighty deaedroth helpless against a player with broken gear and no weapon?

ok the alliance part of one tamriel was good. but the overland is so easy now its just...

i know this is a very old point... but can we make the regons scale to player level? a minimum of lets say 50 for craglorn, and then scales with the player from that point.

also bonus xp for those in that level margin? this would make questing alot more efficient to level with.

because right now, its just boring.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2022 6:32PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

Overland is supposed to be easy. It's there to get beginners hooked and satisfy a large casual playerbase. It may be easy for you, but do try to understand that there are many, MANY players who struggle in overland content. That content is not designed for you. Play it if you want, but understand that it is not there to challenge you. That's what endgame is for.
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like hard content, do the hard content.

Not every piece of content in this game needs to cater to you. It's an mmo - there are other people playing, and not everyone plays to be challenged.
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I know this is a very old point... but can we make the regons scale to player level?"

They already did this pre One Tamriel update and overland was easier then it was now. Also I hate to break it to you but overland isn't really meant to be hard.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

Overland is supposed to be easy. It's there to get beginners hooked and satisfy a large casual playerbase. It may be easy for you, but do try to understand that there are many, MANY players who struggle in overland content. That content is not designed for you. Play it if you want, but understand that it is not there to challenge you. That's what endgame is for.

so its fine for a level 10 to be farming mobs in craglorn?
    it has no feel of progression if anyone can go anywhere
    Options
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362596/pve-combat-is-too-easy-please-add-a-vet-mode-for-overland-content

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488280/overland-and-story-boring

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/476326/seriously-this-game-is-too-easy-and-the-overworld-needs-to-be-buffed-heavily

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454957/onto-the-discussion-for-difficulty-again

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/476144/discussion-questing-and-overland-pve-content-in-general-needs-a-serious-change-my-two-cents

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/494993/animation-canceling-easy-overlandcontent

you are not original with this.

my 2 cents, i have seen people die to pve mobs before, the game is hard for some. personally, i avoid the dlc dungeons because they are are to much effort for very little rewards. i love going ham on easy mobs in pve, part of the power fantasy and makes it feel like all the effort i but into my "build" was worth it.

i like hard content.

then play the hard content, there are at lest 10 dlc vet dungeons and 4 vet trial for you.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 15, 2019 5:34PM
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

The point of one tamriel is that anyone can go anywhere. Many people enjoy that aspect. You're still level gated out of vet dungeons until you're CP level and you are skill gated out of other vet content like trials.
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

Yep, it's absolutely fine. Also, I want a video. Better not be any cp or set bonuses either, because most real level 10's don't have that.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

You should be farming those glowing portals in Craglorn.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *too easy
    Edited by srfrogg23 on November 15, 2019 5:37PM
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, overland is unbearably easy and unrewarding, I may complete quests only with beer in 1 hand and some sport cast in background, otherwise I felt like I will immediately fall asleep from boredom. So far I found that best way to explore ESO lore is to read UESP articles from mobile, writing and stories are often interesting, but gameplay is unbearable.

Spoiler alert: I do quests on my no-CP PVP characters with 0 allocated CPs and without food. Everything still dies in seconds and if I play on my PVE CP810 dps, mobs are just swiped as I go, I don't need to weave or anything I just spam gap closer+snare removal+aoe between mob groups and they all die or reset. Ah, and interface is turned off too.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, overland is unbearably easy and unrewarding, I may complete quests only with beer in 1 hand and some sport cast in background, otherwise I felt like I will immediately fall asleep from boredom. So far I found that best way to explore ESO lore is to read UESP articles from mobile, writing and stories are often interesting, but gameplay is unbearable.

Spoiler alert: I do quests on my no-CP PVP characters with 0 allocated CPs and without food. Everything still dies in seconds and if I play on my PVE CP810 dps, mobs are just swiped as I go, I don't need to weave or anything I just spam gap closer+snare removal+aoe between mob groups and they all die or reset. Ah, and interface is turned off too.

you get it
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Video or it didn't happen. Also I expect no sets on those no-cp pvp characters either, as, again, a real new player doesn't have access to that.

I mean, I would get rid of the ultimate buff too (which is the knowledge you have gained about how the game works and why), but that's impossible, so we'll just have to take what we can get.

(Also CP810's should make overland feel like butter. That's good. It's not supposed to be difficult.)
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet I still see new players struggling with overland every day. It's almost like they haven't been playing as long as you have and don't have the experience with the game and systems.

Just because you're awesome, never assume everyone is as awesome as you are.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »

Video or it didn't happen. Also I expect no sets on those no-cp pvp characters either, as, again, a real new player doesn't have access to that.

I mean, I would get rid of the ultimate buff too (which is the knowledge you have gained about how the game works and why), but that's impossible, so we'll just have to take what we can get.

(Also CP810's should make overland feel like butter. That's good. It's not supposed to be difficult.)

would you like me to remove gear? because new players might not have that.
    what about investing attributes?
    or skills?
    i assume im not alowed any food either.... dispite the level up rewards literaly giving you ok gear, food and advice.

and the point is level 10s. dosnt matter if theyre 810 or 0.

Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stap!!!
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And people wonder why ZOS nerfs their characters.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Spoiler Alert!

You should be farming those glowing portals in Craglorn.

I would like to see video from the op of a level 10 character with no cp allocated and no sets go and destroy those portals in Craglorn. I need to learn something new today.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭

And yet I still see new players struggling with overland every day. It's almost like they haven't been playing as long as you have and don't have the experience with the game and systems.

ok heres my idea cuz i dont think i made it clear:

each zone has a min level eg
    bleakrock isle = 0
    stonefalls = 5
    deshaan = 15 ect

then the overland would scale to the player from that point.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok heres my idea cuz i dont think i made it clear:

each zone has a min level eg
    bleakrock isle = 0
    stonefalls = 5
    deshaan = 15 ect

then the overland would scale to the player from that point.

That's what it was before one tamriel and it was generally considered a bad thing.
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mean while most of the guild that I am in has a bunch of cp810 players who can only light attack.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or skills?
    i assume im not alowed any food either.... dispite the level up rewards literaly giving you ok gear, food and advice.

It's those skills and AOEs you're spamming that are the problem, not your gear or food or CPs.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

Yep, it's absolutely fine. Also, I want a video. Better not be any cp or set bonuses either, because most real level 10's don't have that.

I don't have a video, but I had one nice screenshot from one of such discussions, where elite mob was unable to kill my CP810 without CP (so no low level bonuses), without gear and without abilities slotted. Enjoy: 9k HP, 0 resistances, 500 dps. Giant, creature that will one-shot level 10 character in Skyrim on default difficulty, couldn't do anything to completely naked un-buffed toon in ESO. Giant dps was 150 against zero resistances, zero CP. (8744 is minimal health possible, if I had CP allocated that number will be higher).
    qfiUMOK.jpg
    9PLRAHJ.jpg
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or skills?

Yep because new players don't have gear, and yep, you ought to be using the first skill of each line and only that. No morph's either. As far as attributes - you can have the first 10 they give you, but you need to allocate it randomly (because most new players don't know they should only put it in stam or mag.)

Why does it matter?

Because that's what overland is for. People who don't have the access you do. It's. Not. For. Experienced. Players.

New players don't have gear, don't know to eat food, don't know how to properly invest their attributes, and only have access to a few skills. They certainly don't have CP backing them.

If you think that a level 10 with nothing is the same as a level 10 with 810 CP's allocated is the same - well I don't know what to tell you.
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

I don't have a video, but I had one nice screenshot from one of such discussions, where elite mob was unable to kill my CP810 without CP (so no low level bonuses), without gear and without abilities slotted. Enjoy: 9k HP, 0 resistances, 500 dps. Giant, creature that will one-shot level 10 character in Skyrim on default difficulty, couldn't do anything to completely naked un-buffed toon in ESO. Giant dps was 150 against zero resistances, zero CP. (8744 is minimal health possible, if I had CP allocated that number will be higher).
    qfiUMOK.jpg
    9PLRAHJ.jpg

Not good enough. I want video of you doing it with proof that you don't have on set's, no CP allocated, no skills ect. Then I will believe you. Until I see that, all I've got is "because I said so".

Also it took you four full minutes for that one mob. 4.

That is not anywhere near what people are trying to pretend is happening.
    Edited by haelene on November 15, 2019 6:05PM
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I want to get on the Leaderboard for Vet Trials with a Julianos/Magnus MagSorc with poor coordination who can't manage weaving and sometimes forgets to keep his DOTs up.

However, I realize that not everything in the game is aimed at me, and that's a good thing.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid formatting. Ignore this post.
    Edited by haelene on November 15, 2019 6:04PM
    Options
  • Theodorus
    Theodorus
    ✭✭✭
    Overland content is embarrassingly easy for people who have reached CP810 and been playing the game for 5 years. The only way to fix this is to make it too hard for new players, thereby cutting ZOS' revenue stream and dooming the game to a slow(er) death.

It's not just about having gear sets and twinking your lvl 1 players with champion points. I recently started an alternate account with an actual 'noob' level one character. It was still easy, because the game mechanics are so familiar now and I know where everything is.

I dislike One Tamriel for what it did to the lore and storyline. 'What's my MOTIVATION, Mr. Stanislavski'?

Walking Dead survival tip ... just run faster than Otis
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of that is an artifact of how One Tamriel works. It's probably 'easier' for a Lv10 than for a similarly-geared/skilled Lv50 - the lv10 has more of a "scaling" boost, which fades as you level (since, presumably, you're assigning skill points, gearing better, etc)

i like hard content.

its why i like progging trials. if its too easy it feels like grinding. and overland...

As with all these threads, I have a serious question: Can you please tell me a modern mainstream MMO, where the overland is challenging for skilled players, let alone "progression"/raid players?

Edited by Kiralyn2000 on November 15, 2019 6:07PM
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Alert!

qfiUMOK.jpg
    9PLRAHJ.jpg

Not good enough. I want video of you doing it with proof that you don't have on set's, no CP allocated, no skills ect. Then I will believe you. Until I see that, all I've got is "because I said so".

Also it took you four full minutes for that one mob. 4.

That is not anywhere near what people are trying to pretend is happening.

You may see health, resistances and giant's dps in screenshot. That is more then enough to see how much of "threat" is overland. So far the only ways to die I see is either jumping from the cliff or be kicked off the server. If you at least move, you are already immortal.
    If ZOS employee will confirm that they'll at least look at base game overland in terms of making it more challenging, I'll make such video, no problem.

Ahem, it took 4 minutes because I had 9k stamina and 258 WPD from racial passives and no abilities slotted. Unarmed light attack damage is ~(max stamina/10+wpd)/2. This was max dps possible in such conditions.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on November 15, 2019 6:13PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.