Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

overland is to easy

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Having to use your abilities is hardly an outrageous expectation, and it's honestly kind of hilarious you're trying to say no player should be expected to have to use them to defeat a boss that, I repeat, is built up over an entire zone as a very powerful being. What is your justification to have no requirements to defeat quest bosses? Name one actual reason.
    The thing is most players will get better at combat if the want it. They will want it if combat is good and fun. If combat is bad and (or) not fun, they will not and you can't force them to, they will just leave.

Bolded the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard on this topic.

If players don’t get better at combat, there ABSOLUTELY should be a time when the game fails them and refuses them a win. They should NOT be able to defeat a quest boss that has been terrorizing cities and calling down mayhem for months, when they don’t even block his “ultimate move” or dodge out of his damage.

That’s not engaging, that’s throwing a paper football at the player with the words “scary boss” written on it, and then saying “That’s an ultimate enemy. Look, it says so on the wrapper!”

Combat isn’t good if half of it is practically optional like it is right now.

So much this. I remember how I was struggling at the beginning back in 2014 when I was <10 lvl and then I've started to experiment with my build and boom, I have became stronger - that felt awesome! I remember the thrill of meeting bosses in quest lines, satisfaction of victory after few deaths. That's why I used to love ESO PvE, it was challenging! Now it's just a great story but immersion is ruined by to easy fights. When I see 10 lvl cutting through delve like grim reaper I don't feel the "awesomeness". Sorry I just wrote what I feel when it goes to PvE.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    overlands and delves are teaching tool to help new players to learn. group zone are meant to learn teamwork before they move on to trails and pledges, and other tough encounters.

what i like to see a "roaming" at random locations, make you double check and run away since they are not soloable. to keep everyone on toes. but i dont want too often spawn or predictable..
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAMN! I jut got a revelation why overland is so easy! According to main quest, overland we see exists as parallel reality created by Meridia for Cadwell's Gold. Everybody knows Meridia is harsh and demanding goddess. So all this snooze-fest is a test to vestige's resolve. It is test if you really want knowledge and understanding of ESO lore, even if you need to struggle with unbearable boredom of gameplay in process...

/moved to continue Cadwell's Gold with renewed resolve and interest
    Options
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [update 35 has entered the chat]
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in November 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.