The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spy Addon Group Damage

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    coolmodi wrote: »
    @anitajoneb17_ESO Outside of your elitist dreamworld not everybody is a fully geared V16. The healer is not always good to heal up to 5 minute fights, and DDs don't do 10k dps, for (v16 scaled) LFG it's more like 2k on average for me, I do 4-5k at best. Healers are in most cases not bad at least, after all they HAVE to improve if they are too bad, only DDs have the privilege to be totally oblivious to their performance or really just lazy without direct consequences.
    First of all, you can do acceptable dps without full set of vr16 gear and perfect race. For example, I was able to pull 20+k on magicka wood elf in vr14 Martial Knowledge set. Something like 10-15k is possible to achieve with minimal effort and is enough to beat daily dungeons without issues.../...2-5k dps is acceptable for full-time tanks, but not for dds.

Just reading those two quotes... on one hand the addon author claims that 10-15K is a figure coming from an "elitist dreamworld"... and 4-5K is what should be expected from any battle leveled DPS in a vet dungeon where you encounter many DDs that pull 2K (which I find very hard to believe...)... on the other hand another player consider 10K to be a minimal requirement... (I tend to agree with that).
    All this imho shows how wide mileages vary when it comes to "acceptable DPS" or "minimum requirements", and the chaos that such huge differences will lead to when combined with the use of this addon.
    Even my last group in BC wiped at least 5 times, but they seemed nice, did what they could and nobody left, so I didn't really care. But I don't go in dungeons with the expectation of even getting a full group to begin with, either someone if afk or leaves instantly. That's the real problem imho, not some very rare people using this addon to maybe annoy others. Waiting 20min just to stand alone in the dungeon is what may make people leave the game.

Not sure your addon will encourage more people to use the group finder and PUG, though... and it's not going to help against people who queued up for a dungeon but drop out (probably because the finder took too long and they have no time left to actually run it).
    Humatiel wrote: »
    I made an account purely to log in to comment on this discussion, as an "elitist" pve player (stormproof/leaderboards etc) I can safely say i've done quite literally thousands of hours of pve. as a user of this add-on I will say that I got it for just what it was designed to do, to look at the individual players dps. My personal "rule of thumb" is to take what is Optimal for a character then divide it by half and then divide that by half and if the player (my other dps for instance) isn't meeting those numbers then I will drop from the team. For clarity that means that a player has to do 25% of his characters ability, I find this to be the minimal requirements to complete something as simple as a pledge/dsa etc.

Some will perhaps call this too judging, or too elitist(as you will). The simple fact is that we (the players) slot for a combat environment as specific roles as part of a collective team. I (as a dps) certainly wouldn't pick up a restoration staff and slot as a healer because I felt like it. Not only would it be silly it would be dangerous and would almost assuredly end in ragequits(For good reason). This addon does nothing more then shed some light on a players potential shortcomings so that the player (with a healthy mindset and not a defensive one) can know he is lacking and take steps to improve.

In my view of this add-on it actually helps the community out because it no longer requires the glaring scrutiny of your first endgame pve guild, where they will, more often then not, tear apart your build/CP/etc etc to make you a better player. That can be a bit overwhelming and I understand that ( though still think its necessary). This addon means it's simply not needed and players can correct their mistakes in the privacy and security of their own pace.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your opinion, we need as many contributions as possible here.
    I particularly appreciate that you base your expectations on the dungeon's requirement and NOT on your personal capabilities, and also that, in case you believe that someone will not be up to the task, you will drop out (instead of kicking). You're the first one with that attitude in this entire thread.

If everyone was as mature and respectful as you are, I'd welcome this addon. Needless to say that I doubt that very much, but it's nice to know that there are some of your kind around.

On a side note (looking at ZOS this time) : I think it is extremely important that people can correct their mistakes in the privacy and security of their own pace, and for that, we need training dummies.

Nice to see you've finally managed to be open to the possibility of this addon being good for the community as Long as the player base dosent abuse it. That's all I've been asking for since the start. And yes I'd like training dummies too.

However for the time being I find wrothgar mammoths tend to be good for target practice lol.

Vangy, I'm not going to comment any more on this thread. I appreciate all who have, though...including you :). I would like those reading to know that some of the people I play with use this addon. I've really not had much problem with that. But as someone who has barely used addons at all, my goal has always been as a healer "if I can keep everyone alive while dpsing as much as I can" then I've done well. I've never needed an addon to judge my heals or dps. And yet, I've always been okay with those wanting them.

However, recently a couple of people I know spoke up about feeling uncomfortable with this addon. And they were immediately shot down by those using it. So they don't speak up about it anymore. I'm guessing by some of the intimidating tones in this thread...the name callings, etc., that some are very hesitant to say anything. So that is one reason why I've been so vocal here until now.

Anyways, I'm too busy and enjoy playing the game too much to spend much more time on these forums. See you in game.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable... 17 pages already of inconclusive discussion where everybody thinks that the right is on his side.
    Surely this addon has its advantages and disadvantages. Everything depends on how actually people use it.
    It's good when it's only for comparison of my DPS to DPS of other players just to be able to improve my stats when I see they are much lower than the average. But of course it's my decision to improve this or not and I cannot be judged for this reason anyway. If it bothers me, I will change it (especially if I see it's actually possible), but if I'm not focused on trying to have possibly the highest DPS in game, it's only my bussiness which nobody should care about. It's my game and my character.
    But if somebody kicks me out of the group because of it, then this addon is even more useful for me cause it enables me to separate from people who I wouldn't want to do the dungeons with anyway.
    I see some people take this game too seriously and they are focused not on enjoying the game and having fun, but on having the highest numbers which is lame.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO Outside of your elitist dreamworld not everybody is a fully geared V16. The healer is not always good to heal up to 5 minute fights, and DDs don't do 10k dps, for (v16 scaled) LFG it's more like 2k on average for me, I do 4-5k at best. Healers are in most cases not bad at least, after all they HAVE to improve if they are too bad, only DDs have the privilege to be totally oblivious to their performance or really just lazy without direct consequences.
    First of all, you can do acceptable dps without full set of vr16 gear and perfect race. For example, I was able to pull 20+k on magicka wood elf in vr14 Martial Knowledge set. Something like 10-15k is possible to achieve with minimal effort and is enough to beat daily dungeons without issues.../...2-5k dps is acceptable for full-time tanks, but not for dds.

Just reading those two quotes... on one hand the addon author claims that 10-15K is a figure coming from an "elitist dreamworld"... and 4-5K is what should be expected from any battle leveled DPS in a vet dungeon where you encounter many DDs that pull 2K (which I find very hard to believe...)... on the other hand another player consider 10K to be a minimal requirement... (I tend to agree with that).
    All this imho shows how wide mileages vary when it comes to "acceptable DPS" or "minimum requirements", and the chaos that such huge differences will lead to when combined with the use of this addon.

Dps requirements are not a matter of opinion. A person might think that his 2k dps are fine, but it wont save him from the cave collapse on Bloodspawn boss or enraging atronachs in vICP. And his healer wont be happy when a team runs out of platforms at Skoria fight when he's at 80%. So "10-15k" requirement is not subjective or elitist, its just enough to do the dungeons without being carried. And in my opinion, 2-5k dps guy puts too much pressure on a team. An average 10k dps dd and average healer and tank simply cant carry a player like this, so 1 dd below average requires the rest of the team to be above average to make up for missing damage. How's that fair?
    Ofc, an elitist team can easily carry that 2-5k dps dd without much effort. But he/she can ruin a run for a casual team, a run that could've been succesful if that person would have had 10k.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 21, 2016 11:14AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Even my last group in BC wiped at least 5 times, but they seemed nice, did what they could and nobody left, so I didn't really care. But I don't go in dungeons with the expectation of even getting a full group to begin with, either someone if afk or leaves instantly. That's the real problem imho, not some very rare people using this addon to maybe annoy others. Waiting 20min just to stand alone in the dungeon is what may make people leave the game.

Not sure your addon will encourage more people to use the group finder and PUG, though... and it's not going to help against people who queued up for a dungeon but drop out (probably because the finder took too long and they have no time left to actually run it).
    Humatiel wrote: »
    I made an account purely to log in to comment on this discussion, as an "elitist" pve player (stormproof/leaderboards etc) I can safely say i've done quite literally thousands of hours of pve. as a user of this add-on I will say that I got it for just what it was designed to do, to look at the individual players dps. My personal "rule of thumb" is to take what is Optimal for a character then divide it by half and then divide that by half and if the player (my other dps for instance) isn't meeting those numbers then I will drop from the team. For clarity that means that a player has to do 25% of his characters ability, I find this to be the minimal requirements to complete something as simple as a pledge/dsa etc.

Some will perhaps call this too judging, or too elitist(as you will). The simple fact is that we (the players) slot for a combat environment as specific roles as part of a collective team. I (as a dps) certainly wouldn't pick up a restoration staff and slot as a healer because I felt like it. Not only would it be silly it would be dangerous and would almost assuredly end in ragequits(For good reason). This addon does nothing more then shed some light on a players potential shortcomings so that the player (with a healthy mindset and not a defensive one) can know he is lacking and take steps to improve.

In my view of this add-on it actually helps the community out because it no longer requires the glaring scrutiny of your first endgame pve guild, where they will, more often then not, tear apart your build/CP/etc etc to make you a better player. That can be a bit overwhelming and I understand that ( though still think its necessary). This addon means it's simply not needed and players can correct their mistakes in the privacy and security of their own pace.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your opinion, we need as many contributions as possible here.
    I particularly appreciate that you base your expectations on the dungeon's requirement and NOT on your personal capabilities, and also that, in case you believe that someone will not be up to the task, you will drop out (instead of kicking). You're the first one with that attitude in this entire thread.

If everyone was as mature and respectful as you are, I'd welcome this addon. Needless to say that I doubt that very much, but it's nice to know that there are some of your kind around.

On a side note (looking at ZOS this time) : I think it is extremely important that people can correct their mistakes in the privacy and security of their own pace, and for that, we need training dummies.

Nice to see you've finally managed to be open to the possibility of this addon being good for the community as Long as the player base dosent abuse it. That's all I've been asking for since the start. And yes I'd like training dummies too.

However for the time being I find wrothgar mammoths tend to be good for target practice lol.

Vangy, I'm not going to comment any more on this thread. I appreciate all who have, though...including you :). I would like those reading to know that some of the people I play with use this addon. I've really not had much problem with that. But as someone who has barely used addons at all, my goal has always been as a healer "if I can keep everyone alive while dpsing as much as I can" then I've done well. I've never needed an addon to judge my heals or dps. And yet, I've always been okay with those wanting them.

However, recently a couple of people I know spoke up about feeling uncomfortable with this addon. And they were immediately shot down by those using it. So they don't speak up about it anymore. I'm guessing by some of the intimidating tones in this thread...the name callings, etc., that some are very hesitant to say anything. So that is one reason why I've been so vocal here until now.

Anyways, I'm too busy and enjoy playing the game too much to spend much more time on these forums. See you in game.

See ya in game buddy. Gave u an awesome :)
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Unbelievable... 17 pages already of inconclusive discussion where everybody thinks that the right is on his side.
    Surely this addon has its advantages and disadvantages. Everything depends on how actually people use it.
    It's good when it's only for comparison of my DPS to DPS of other players just to be able to improve my stats when I see they are much lower than the average. But of course it's my decision to improve this or not and I cannot be judged for this reason anyway. If it bothers me, I will change it (especially if I see it's actually possible), but if I'm not focused on trying to have possibly the highest DPS in game, it's only my bussiness which nobody should care about. It's my game and my character.
    But if somebody kicks me out of the group because of it, then this addon is even more useful for me cause it enables me to separate from people who I wouldn't want to do the dungeons with anyway.
    I see some people take this game too seriously and they are focused not on enjoying the game and having fun, but on having the highest numbers which is lame.

I can agree with this. But sometimes my version of fun means I want to see numbers like 30k and clear a helm farm run in 15 mins haha. We all have our versions of fun and we all should be allowed to have fun in our own ways! But yes if someone kicks you from a regular pledge run cos they think your dps is too Low without even giving u a chance then these people are the plague that even I would avoid.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dps requirements are not a matter of opinion.

True, but the issue is that people using this addon will kick/select people not based on objective requirements, but on what they think is required. And if they think that 20K is required, they will kick people who do a respectable 15K. Do you honestly think people will go back to group finder when they have been treated this way ?

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

It cannot be conclusive, nor does it have to be. Some people seem to lack understanding when they post something like "/threadwon" because it's not something to "win" or "loose" for any of us.
    The final decision lies with ZOS and this thread is for ZOS. They probably already have their own vision of this addon, but this thread gives them an insight as to what the different player profiles think of it and feel about it, what the true intentions are of those who are using it and the fears/issues of those who disapprove of it. That's why it is important that as many people as possible contribute.

I keep on posting here because I think that someone has to stand up for all those who dislike the addon but don't speak up for fear of all the name-calling that appear here (even after moderation). Unfortunately I cannot entirely speak for them either. But it is equally important that people who like this addon express it here too.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 21, 2016 3:07PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but the issue is that people using this addon will kick/select people not based on objective requirements, but on what they think is required. And if they think that 20K is required, they will kick people who do a respectable 15K. Do you honestly think people will go back to group finder when they have been treated this way ?

I know that sometimes a pug group might be absolutely awful.
    But the addon doesnt make any difference imo... These people were acting like jerks without an addon as well, and its pretty easy to calculate another dd's dps if you know your own dps and boss' amount of hp.
    Some people are just stupid. Occasionaly I'm getting kicked for being a nb tank (even when I link no-death and speedrun achievements), sometimes teammates are not happy with my dd's 18k hp (even though my dps is higher than 20k and I rarely die).

PC/EU
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the addon doesnt make any difference imo... These people were acting like jerks without an addon as well, and its pretty easy to calculate another dd's dps if you know your own dps and boss' amount of hp.
    Some people are just stupid. Occasionaly I'm getting kicked for being a nb tank (even when I link no-death and speedrun achievements), sometimes teammates are not happy with my dd's 18k hp (even though my dps is higher than 20k and I rarely die).

18-20k is just about right Hp imo for a dd lol. What they want u to have 24k hp?? Those people were just jerks man. Nb tanks are one of the best damage dealing tanks imo. Sap2win.

Also kicking a tank?? Given that it takes about an hour to find a pug one that's insane lol. I just add every decent tank I meet and send them a random Whisper about how fun it was to run with them. Now most of them are my regular go to people ;)
    Edited by Vangy on January 21, 2016 3:54PM

• coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading those two quotes... on one hand the addon author claims that 10-15K is a figure coming from an "elitist dreamworld"

@anitajoneb17_ESO Oh come on, now it gets pathetic. The post I quoted from you DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE ANY DPS NUMBERS AT ALL, how do you even get the idea that I could have meant that? Stop twisting words.
    I said it's your "elitist" (and I mean the negative kind here) dreamworld where everybody is so good so it doesn't matter even if one DD is afk even in vet-dungeons. That's just not the case AT ALL.
    Are you that desperate that you need to twist every word onto your side of this discussion ?
    Oh the irony!

I do 5k dps while scaled to V16 if the fight allows it, but it's rare to see other ever do over 3k, only once in the last weeks someone did more than I did, and I run heavy armor and really sub-par skills/weapons. I don't care what you believe, just look at the screen on my addon's page, 90% of the dungeons I run look like that.
    And the healer and tank isn't always a "pro" too, sometimes they are new players. But they are very rarely so bad as the average DD. If they would we couldn't do the dungeons afterall. That's what I meant with only DDs even can go in dungeons whithout having to get somewhat good.

I was put in a group sometime ago where they aparently wiped alot before (I replaced a DD) and the healer said sorry it's his fault he doesn't know if he can do it. Log story short: It was no problem from there on, the other DD was not great but still ok, the one that left was probably total garbage though, so they wiped over and over. But the thing is, the healer had no way of knowing whether he is responsible or not, the DD that left maybe even thought "what a *** group and healer".

DDs like that are the people that "benefit" from not having an addon like this. They can stay bad and oblivious to it, as it's really hard telling who is at fault if you don't happen to know the other people in the group and how good they are. If you know 2 others you already can know what dmg the 4th person does, with this addon it also becomes possible in an all random group.
    Edited by coolmodi on January 21, 2016 4:55PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    In our next incremental patch, we'll be including a fix so any addon that assigns names to combat events that don't involve the player will no longer be able to do so.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sneaky_t
    sneaky_t
    ✭✭✭
    well rip groupdamage.. it was fun while it lasted
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In our next incremental patch, we'll be including a fix so any addon that assigns names to combat events that don't involve the player will no longer be able to do so.

You guys are the masters of disappointment. Unable to fix lag after months of failed attempts, but you can definitely waste resources nerfing this just as competitive group content is finally near.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not forget that this addon cuts both ways. It doesn't just show your teammates' damage. But your own damage too, under the same time frame, right next to their damage.

If you are good enough to pull 20K sustained single-target, then you'll be good enough to know (and have personally experienced) just how OP that level of damage is and that you'll breeze through most dungeons even if the other DPS does zero damage. Nobody who is capable of doing 20K sustained single-target is going to go and require 20K from the other DPS in a PUG. The people I know who can do that kind of DPS will use the Group Finder to "just find another body" because, with that ability to carry anyone, they don't care who they get.

For the kind of people who think that 20K is required in for a PUG dungeon, then I can guarantee you that they themselves can't do anywhere near that kind of damage. These are the "wannabes" that you talk about. And that's where this addon is awesome: because it shows everyone's damage, in real-time, on all the different fights. So Mr. Gotta-Have-20K will see just how much the other DPS is doing relative to him, in the same fights. Perhaps he was confused and thought that the 20K he pulled on AOE trash is comparable to 20K on a single-target boss. Well, with this addon, he wouldn't be confused, since his AOE trash number will be juxtaposed with the other DPS's AOE trash numbers, and his single-target boss number will be juxtaposed to the other guy's single-target number on the exact same boss fight.

So not only would the addon show Mr. Gotta-Have-20K that he doesn't actually pull that anywhere close to that kind of number on a boss fight, but it would also enlighten Mr. Gotta-Have-20K to what actual, realistic damage numbers are, since not every boss fight is a static Blood Spawn tank-and-spank. In other words, this addon provides much-needed context to damage numbers. If you see that one DPS is doing less damage than the tank and that the good DPS is doing 5x the damage of the bad DPS, then, yea, blame would be warranted. But if the group is struggling, and both DPS are doing damage in the same ballpark, then the DPS can't really blame each other.
    Edited by code65536 on January 21, 2016 6:18PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was it anyway then, really sad news, I somewhat regret (This here just adds to it) having invested money in the game again.
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭

How will this effect the FTC addon that allows group members to send/receive their dps results within their group if they choose to enable the option in their settings?
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO Oh come on, now it gets pathetic. The post I quoted from you DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE ANY DPS NUMBERS AT ALL, how do you even get the idea that I could have meant that? Stop twisting words.
    I said it's your "elitist" (and I mean the negative kind here) dreamworld where everybody is so good so it doesn't matter even if one DD is afk even in vet-dungeons. That's just not the case AT ALL.

I'll just quote you again, everyone can see for himself :
    Outside of your elitist dreamworld not everybody is a fully geared V16. The healer is not always good to heal up to 5 minute fights, and DDs don't do 10k dps, for (v16 scaled) LFG it's more like 2k on average for me, I do 4-5k at best. Healers are in most cases not bad at least, after all they HAVE to improve if they are too bad, only DDs have the privilege to be totally oblivious to their performance or really just lazy without direct consequences.

Looks quite full of numbers to me.
    Now if you want my true opinion : if you really do 5K battle-leveled, (which is what YOU say) then you should put some efforts into improving yourself, instead of writing an add-on that will test other DPS teaming up with you to see if they can compensate for you.
    And you might not care what I believe or not, but DPS battle-leveled to VR16 doing only 2K DPS is really unbelievable. I don't know if it is possible to do such low DPS unless you let your cat borrow the keyboard.

And yes, anyone with 10-15K DPS (which is actually normal-average, not "elite" by any means) can do any vet pledges (IC dungeons excepted) on his own with tank and healer. That's just the truth, nothing exceptional. Guild groups do it all the time if they don't have a 2nd DPS available right then.

Oh the irony!

You say 5k is expected from a battle leveld DD, seems reasonable, I do that if the fight allows it, but it's rare to see other do over 3k for me,

I've never said that, you said it.
    Seems you're getting confused.
    I say whatever people consider "acceptable" vary from 5K (you for instance) to 20K or above depending on the "standards" and goals of the group and those variations will create a LOT a chaos if your addon becomes widely used. People will not dare grouping up outside of their guilds and contact list for fear of not meeting requirements that can vary so widely and do not meet any general consensus.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 21, 2016 5:00PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno That is extremely disappointing.

As I and many others have pointed out, there are a lot of benefits to this addon that cannot be duplicated with existing addons. It's educational and provides much-needed telemetry and context. Your decision to cave to the hysteria of people imagining all the sorts of worst-case abuse scenarios--the type of scenarios that we likely would not even see--is most upsetting.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭

@anitajoneb17_ESO Keywords are "not" and "V16". 10k or more is not even remotely normal there, if it even exists.

And sorry, the 5k was really still you quoting me, but again, that's what seems to be the maximum what battle leveld DDs do, I haven't seen a single one do more since I play this game again.
    if you really do 5K battle-leveled, (which is what YOU say) then you should put some efforts into improving yourself, instead of writing an add-on that will test other DPS teaming up with you to see if they can compensate for you.
    I need to improve so I do even more than 60% of the groups dmg, seems reasonable.

But see, that's why a addon like this would be needed, people like you have absolutely no clue about anything, I know now that even the seemingly low 4-5k is super high compared to nearly every other LFG DD. You on the other hand "flame" me for having 50%+ dmg in many dungeons.

This addon clears stuff like that up. But next patch it's back to guessing, I guess the leecher DDs will be pleased.
    Edited by coolmodi on January 21, 2016 5:09PM
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THX to the flamers, who ruined a very useful addon.
  • Artighur
    Artighur
    ✭✭

Very disapointing ...
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@anitajoneb17_ESO Keywords are "not" and "V16". 10k or more is not even remotely normal there, if it even exists.

And sorry, the 5k was really still you quoting me, but again, that's what seems to be the maximum what battle leveld DDs do, I haven't seen a single one do more since I play this game again.

But yeah, I need to improve so I do even more than 60% of the groups dmg, seems reasonable.

Wait, do you mean lvl 10 dds without champion points?

PC/EU
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I

But yeah, I need to improve so I do even more than 60% of the groups dmg, seems reasonable.

I promise you as I pug pledges on 5 characters a day and just finished 4 pledges so far this morning for Vet EH, there is Vet 16's out there that get 2-5k DPS
    PC-NA
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are probably running hybrid builds or PvP builds, I see it and feel it in the dungeon. I keep my mouth shut because they can do whatever they want with the money they spent on the game/DLC's but if I get asked about DPS then i'll help. Truth be told I know that's the risk when pugging, I much prefer DPS'ing since I can do enough for the both of us but I don't go around bashing people or kicking from groups.
    PC-NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

18-20k is just about right Hp imo for a dd lol. What they want u to have 24k hp?? Those people were just jerks man. Nb tanks are one of the best damage dealing tanks imo. Sap2win.

Also kicking a tank?? Given that it takes about an hour to find a pug one that's insane lol. I just add every decent tank I meet and send them a random Whisper about how fun it was to run with them. Now most of them are my regular go to people ;)

Yeah, I know. And yeah, sap tanks are great and do not require shards. :)
    I just wanted to say that jerks like these can find a ton of absurd reasons to kick someone or act rude, even if dps is good.

PC/EU
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people here claim they know people that spoke up against this addon and that they got intimidated about their opinion and all I can say is to tell your friends to get out of the abusive relationship with that group of so called friends and to find other like minded people, that goes the same outside of this game into the real world. You can't truly blame the code for people's behaviors.
    Edited by Bluepitbull13 on January 21, 2016 5:22PM
    PC-NA
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭

@KoshkaMurka Just what I encounter in non-vet LFG dungeons, I only play again since the F2P change fom time to time, so occasional LFG is all I do on the PvE side. My only higher char is the healer I raided with in the early days of this game, that one's V10.

But be it lvl10 or V10, seeing comparable dmg to that which I do with my lower level chars (which is 3-5k dps depending on the fight) is incredibly rare. Seeing the other DD below half of that is common though. I have 90 CP or something, so a few % more dmg, but that's it.

But anita ignored all that and just went on how it is normal to do 10k, and that a DD can also be afk np, that's just not true, and I'm perfectly sure also not in many (random) V16 groups. Hence why I called it "elitist" dreamworld, where everybody is so good.

She/he also said my 5k scaled is low, which just shows that she/he really lives in some kind of dreamworld.
    Edited by coolmodi on January 21, 2016 5:36PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough time to fix lag in Cyrodiil
    Not enough time to fix broken skills/passives/combat issues
    Not enough time to scale content before they change it for removal of VRs in another 6 months

Yet the second something good comes to us, whether it be a grind spot, a new gear setup, or an addon you have all the time in the world to fix it against our favor. The priorities at ZoS are so ridiculous.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough time to fix lag in Cyrodiil
    Not enough time to fix broken skills/passives/combat issues
    Not enough time to scale content before they change it for removal of VRs in another 6 months

Yet the second something good comes to us, whether it be a grind spot, a new gear setup, or an addon you have all the time in the world to fix it against our favor. The priorities at ZoS are so ridiculous.

^ so much this
    PC-NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@KoshkaMurka Just what I encounter in non-vet LFG dungeons, I only play again since the F2P change fom time to time, so occasional LFG is all I do on the PvE side. My only higher char is the healer I raided with in the early days of this game, that one's V10.

But be it lvl10 or V10, seeing comparable dmg to that which I do with my lower level chars (which is 3-5k dps depending on the fight) is incredibly rare. Seeing the other DD below half of that is common though. I have 90 CP or something, so a few % more dmg, but that's it.

But anita ignored all that and just went on how it is normal to do 10k, and that a DD can also be afk np, that's just not true, and I'm perfectly sure also not in many (random) V16 groups. Hence why I called it "elitist" dreamworld, where everybody is so good.

She/he also said my 5k scaled is low, which just shows that she/he really lives in some kind of dreamworld.

Hhhmmm.... Believe me, at VR16 (not "battle-levelled", plain VR16) 10K DPS is NOT HIGH. It's even average-low.
    So... either we don't play the same game, OR... battle-levelling to VR16 at low levels brings people to a maximum of 7-8K DPS, and a "standard" of 3-5K ? If that is the case, ZOS should overhaul battle levelling urgently...

I don't have a low level char right now so I cannot test, but can anyone here please help sorting this out : what DPS does a lvl15-40 character achieve in a VR16-scaled and battle-levelled instance ?

(Of course I'm quite happy about Gina's message, but posting Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" would feel quite out of place I guess. I'm sorry though for all of you who were genuinely happy about GroupDamage and intended to use it respectfully. Well, that feels out of place too, so I'll leave at that I guess...)

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 21, 2016 5:46PM
This discussion has been closed.