Spy Addon Group Damage

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I belong to 3 active guilds, 2 of which have some very active and competitive groups. We exchange build information all the time and it is a very constructive environment.

I simply have no patience anymore for having to justify my build, rotation and gear every time i try to run with a group outside of my guilds just because some dipstick can't think past their own "elite" complex.

Interestingly enough, some of my most interesting trial/dungeon/pledge runs were with complete strangers that had no interest in my DPS numbers, gear choices or skill rotation.
    popcorn.gif
    Options
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pull 3k dps, 5k dps at best. @redspecter23... He saw it and he knows that's the best I can do, even though I'm a V16 mag sorc. I don't mind the add-on and would like to see it stay.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well...guess the matter is solved.

I find it interesting, though, that from the very beginning, everyone who has been against this addon always said that having an Option to share info was acceptable. I, myself, repeatedly said that if the choice to share info was given to the player, then it would make everyone happy. Those who wanted to use the addon and share info could. And those who preferred to not share their data could choose not to as well. But even that compromise was continually shot down.

And now suddenly...those who shot that compromise down are asking for that Option. We could have saved 18+ pages of discussion if people would compromise more.
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

I find it interesting, though, that from the very beginning, everyone who has been against this addon always said that having an Option to share info was acceptable. I, myself, repeatedly said that if the choice to share info was given to the player, then it would make everyone happy. Those who wanted to use the addon and share info could. And those who preferred to not share their data could choose not to as well. But even that compromise was continually shot down.

And now suddenly...those who shot that compromise down are asking for that Option. We could have saved 18+ pages of discussion if people would compromise more.

Don't think opt in will address the issue. Get into pug group who are elitist> if dude isn't running the opt in> kick> rinse repeat

Like I mentioned previously before, this addon off the table means a good number of people who can comfortably complete difficult content are not going to be running any of this content (icp/wgt/trials) with anyone they don't know. Or at least that's where I stand. Friends who I know can perform or bust. And now we're back to the old ages of link ftc or gtfo.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »

Don't think opt in will address the issue. Get into pug group who are elitist> if dude isn't running the opt in> kick> rinse repeat

Like I mentioned previously before, this addon off the table means a good number of people who can comfortably complete difficult content are not going to be running any of this content (icp/wgt/trials) with anyone they don't know. Or at least that's where I stand. Friends who I know can perform or bust. And now we're back to the old ages of link ftc or gtfo.

Agreed. With the addon elitist gamers would boot based on actual data and new players would at least have the chance to prove themselves. Without the addon those same elitists won't even bother with anyone they don't know. I don't see how nixing the addon helps in this situation at all. Low dps players trying to sneak into groups and be pulled through aren't suddenly going to be getting a free ride with the addon out of the way.
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my take. I am on a schedule and don't have a lot of time to waste wiping on old content. If I want to complete my daily pledges and form my own group (not through group finder) I would like to be able to remove those who I feel will hold me back, because not everyone is on the same skill level. Typically as a Sorc Healer I can tell how bad my pugs are by how often I am able to be on my destro bar. If I can spend 3/4 of the run on my DPS bar, then my group is pretty solid. By this measure, I don't run this addon at all.

However, I think it is also rude for a clueless player who doesn't take time to learn mechanics or gear properly to join a group like mine and waste my time. I didn't roll a mentor class and don't want to spend every single run explaining boss fights or how dps should set up their bars. I want to group with other competent players. A tool like this helps players like me control our play time better.
    Edited by Makkir on January 21, 2016 11:32PM
    Options
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with opting-in is that it'll have to be implimented -by- ZOS and not require one to install an add-on to work well. A lot of players play this game without combat add-ons, many don't even know they exist. And while some of them may simply be against add-ons in general, it also might be that they cause problems/increase lag.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Problem with opting-in is that it'll have to be implimented -by- ZOS and not require one to install an add-on to work well. A lot of players play this game without combat add-ons, many don't even know they exist. And while some of them may simply be against add-ons in general, it also might be that they cause problems/increase lag.

You are probably right. I have no idea about game coding and the like. I was just commenting on the Irony of how one side kept saying "having the Option was a willing compromise" and the other side was saying "NO compromise you crybaby..go home." And now suddenly, the No compromise side is asking for the Option, at least some of them are. This thread would probably be 10 pages shorter without that part.
    Options
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with opting-in is that it'll have to be implimented -by- ZOS and not require one to install an add-on to work well.

No, they just have to set a flag for every player whether they have it active or not. If it's active the combat event from the API gives out their info (my addon would work for them as it does now), if they don't it would not be possible to match combat data with their unit. Only if all others in the group have it active you could know what the missing one probably does, but that's already possible if all 3 others just share their data, so nothing would change in that regard, but we could get actually worthwhile data and not just a dps number.
    Edited by coolmodi on January 21, 2016 11:47PM
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are probably right. I have no idea about game coding and the like. I was just commenting on the Irony of how one side kept saying "having the Option was a willing compromise" and the other side was saying "NO compromise you crybaby..go home." And now suddenly, the No compromise side is asking for the Option, at least some of them are. This thread would probably be 10 pages shorter without that part.

Oh, how you love to misconstrue things.

There was never an alternative available. The only way to "compromise" would be for ZoS to add a mechanism by which players can withhold this data. The other forms of "compromise" available was to manually share data, which, as detailed again and again, was never nearly as useful or reliable.

The only real "compromise" can come only from ZoS. If ZoS is going to kill it in its current state, then it is on them to provide us with a working solution to replace the one that they are nuking.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coolmodi wrote: »
    Problem with opting-in is that it'll have to be implimented -by- ZOS and not require one to install an add-on to work well.

No, they just have to set a flag for every player whether they have it active or not. If it's active the combat event from the API gives out their info (my addon would work for them as it does now), if they don't it would not be possible to match combat data with their unit. Only if all others in the group have it active you could know what the missing one probably does, but that's already possible if all 3 others just share their data, so nothing would change in that regard, but we could get actually worthwhile data and not just a dps number.
    Oh that would be fantastic.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 dps-check mechanics become effort-check mechanics
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    i was not for the compromise of adding a toggle and i am still not. in any of the harder vet dungeons those choosing to keep their data private would just be auto kicked. if this addon is made defunct, as much as i hate how bloated ftc is, i will probably start asking if the others in group use it and to use auto share... if not, kick and or leave. this is as much about how i want to play, not wasting my time with those not ready in any fashion for the harder content, as it is about others wanting to have their special ineffective builds and being too afraid of others calling them out on bringing the group down..
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was not for the compromise of adding a toggle and i am still not. in any of the harder vet dungeons those choosing to keep their data private would just be auto kicked. if this addon is made defunct, as much as i hate how bloated ftc is, i will probably start asking if the others in group use it and to use auto share... if not, kick and or leave. this is as much about how i want to play, not wasting my time with those not ready in any fashion for the harder content, as it is about others wanting to have their special ineffective builds and being too afraid of others calling them out on bringing the group down..

This is how it used to be with the elitist groups before group damage. I've been asked myself to turn on ftc sharing when I joined certain parties and now it's become a habit for me to leave it on lol. This addon being gone won't stop the kicking. Instead of people spying without your knowledge it's just going to be upfront snobbish "ftc please" demands when group wipes and if ur the kind that dosent run addons or not comfortable with sharing you're going to get kicked anyway.... And to make things worse wanna be try hards are going to end up kicking people who may have been pulling decent Dps just because they "think" the boss went down 20 seconds slower. This has always been happening in eso pug groups Long before this addon existed. If you've tried to pug vwg or vicp or vcoa you'd know this.

And then ur going to have people like myself who are going to completely avoid pugging any of the harder content at all. All this because a minority(seemingly) feel that their Dps in a group is private information.
    Edited by Vangy on January 22, 2016 12:47AM

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

If we remove this addon from the game I would also like removed from the game the following addons since they spy on me as well:

Master Merchant- This addon is dispicable and tells everybody what price I sell my goods for. This should be between me and my buyer. This addon also tells people how much money I have made on a certain guild store every period of time. This leads to Elitist Trade guilds kicking people out if they do not meet a minimum sales requirement. This is nobodies business but my own. They should not be able to display averages for items based on my information if I don't want them to. Please let me opt out of this.

FTC, LUI, Advanced U/I, and all other group/target frames addons- These Spy addons tell everybody my exact health numbers, how large of a shield I have on, They tell my enemies my class. This information should be mine and mine alone. I don't want to have to share this with the rest of the game.

Srendarr- This addon is one of the worst offenders as it lets other people tell whether or not I have a food buff applied, which mundus stone I am using, and it also tells them what debuffs I currently have on me. This is a horrendous invasion of my privacy! When I eat my food is my business!!!

Kill Counter- This addon is poisounous! People should not be aware of who they get the killing blows on. They should not have a detailed count of how often they have killed me and I have killed them. This should just be a guessing game and should not be tracked in hard data .

Wykkyd's Loot Manager (And all that perform a similar function) - This addon actually lets people see what loot I recieve!!! There is no clearer form of spying than this. Please remove this addon from the game. Other people have no right to see what I recieve. I should be able to opt out of this.

There are so many more addons that spy on people! Let's fight to remove all of them and not just this one!!!
    Edited by omfgitsbatman on January 22, 2016 12:46AM
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

Options
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭

This is how it used to be with the elitist groups before group damage. I've been asked myself to turn on ftc sharing when I joined certain parties and now it's become a habit for me to leave it on lol. This addon being gone won't stop the kicking. Instead of people spying without your knowledge it's just going to be upfront snobbish "ftc please" demands when group wipes and if ur the kind that dosent run addons or not comfortable with sharing you're going to get kicked anyway.... And to make things worse wanna be try hards are going to end up kicking people who may have been pulling decent Dps just because they "think" the boss went down 20 seconds slower. This has always been happening in eso pug groups Long before this addon existed. If you've tried to pug vwg or vicp or vcoa you'd know this.

have pugged most everything. with the inclusion of this i was more willing as i had tools to use to determine if my time was going to be wasted. now that we have this tool and now it will be taken away i will have to take other measures to not waste my time or the ones unable to do said content. (yes, if you do not find out that one of your team cannot do the content until near the end, their time has been wasted a well as yours.) i guess if you want to call me an elitist that is fine. hate to break it to anybody but as there are so many choices that can completely gimp your roll, this is a bit of an elite game.

(edited for a whole two sentences that got accidentally deleted...)
    Edited by KallistaBlackheart on January 22, 2016 12:56AM
    Options
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read all the thread and I'm having serious Deja Vu :(
    Didn't all of this happened already way back?
    I seem to remember this same discussion from the early days, and that ZOS did the same thing as they did/will do today :/

PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

have pugged most everything. with the inclusion of this i was more willing as i had tools to use to determine if my time was going to be wasted. now that we have this tool and now it will be taken away, i guess if you want to call me an elitist that is fine. hate to break it to anybody but as there are so many choices that can completely gimp your roll, this is a bit of an elite game.

I think you may have misunderstood me man. I belong in the same boat as you. I have pugged everything, with this addon. Before it existed I never tried to organise anything with difficulty involved. I just don't particularly enjoy wiping hours on a pledge boss. With most daily pledges Dps was never an issue and i was perfectly fine pugging it. It's just icp wgt and coa. Now I'm back to square one of what I used to do before addon. Friends or ftc links please. If this makes me an elitist so be it I Guess. I just value my time differently from other people.

Options
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭

have pugged most everything. with the inclusion of this i was more willing as i had tools to use to determine if my time was going to be wasted. now that we have this tool and now it will be taken away, i guess if you want to call me an elitist that is fine. hate to break it to anybody but as there are so many choices that can completely gimp your roll, this is a bit of an elite game.

I think you may have misunderstood me man. I belong in the same boat as you. I have pugged everything, with this addon. Before it existed I never tried to organise anything with difficulty involved. I just don't particularly enjoy wiping hours on a pledge boss. With most daily pledges Dps was never an issue and i was perfectly fine pugging it. It's just icp wgt and coa. Now I'm back to square one of what I used to do before addon. Friends or ftc links please. If this makes me an elitist so be it I Guess. I just value my time differently from other people.

yes i misunderstood you. we are on the same side and boat.
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    All they have to do is make an option to turn a player anonymous in the whole combat situation instead of a specific player/unit. Problem solved. Yet I really doubt they'll do that now, and I really doubt it would be (too) hard for them.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will miss this addon a lot...Zos please reconsider?
    Campos de oro
    Options
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

If we remove this addon from the game I would also like removed from the game the following addons since they spy on me as well:

Master Merchant- This addon is dispicable and tells everybody what price I sell my goods for. This should be between me and my buyer. This addon also tells people how much money I have made on a certain guild store every period of time. This leads to Elitist Trade guilds kicking people out if they do not meet a minimum sales requirement. This is nobodies business but my own. They should not be able to display averages for items based on my information if I don't want them to. Please let me opt out of this.

FTC, LUI, Advanced U/I, and all other group/target frames addons- These Spy addons tell everybody my exact health numbers, how large of a shield I have on, They tell my enemies my class. This information should be mine and mine alone. I don't want to have to share this with the rest of the game.

Srendarr- This addon is one of the worst offenders as it lets other people tell whether or not I have a food buff applied, which mundus stone I am using, and it also tells them what debuffs I currently have on me. This is a horrendous invasion of my privacy! When I eat my food is my business!!!

Kill Counter- This addon is poisounous! People should not be aware of who they get the killing blows on. They should not have a detailed count of how often they have killed me and I have killed them. This should just be a guessing game and should not be tracked in hard data .

Wykkyd's Loot Manager (And all that perform a similar function) - This addon actually lets people see what loot I recieve!!! There is no clearer form of spying than this. Please remove this addon from the game. Other people have no right to see what I recieve. I should be able to opt out of this.

There are so many more addons that spy on people! Let's fight to remove all of them and not just this one!!!

^ do we need to make another poll? threads about this @ZOS_GinaBruno all these spy addons, I don't want to be judge on my sales performance with Master Merchant. I also don't want to be wearing a tin foil hat every time I play Elder Spies Online, I think at this point close out the LUA/API/SPYT00LS and no moar addons they make people kick others from merchant guilds for underperforming and I can imagine how Role Playing guilds could kick a person for using the wrong emote. I don't want to be judge because I used the wrong emote at the "Rock" in Rawl Kha.

#MyPrivacyMattersTOO
    Edited by Bluepitbull13 on January 22, 2016 1:24AM
    PC-NA
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

^ do we need to make another poll? threads about this @ZOS_GinaBruno all these spy addons, I don't want to be judge on my sales performance with Master Merchant. I also don't want to be wearing a tin foil hat every time I play Elder Spies Online

If you don't like MM for this reason then you're not going to like social media websites, actually any website, smart phones, windows 10.. just sayin'

The thing about MM in particular is that nobody cares about sales performance except guild GM's and only if a member isn't meeting the minimum requirements for membership, something that members agree to prior to signing up anyway.

p.s. I think omfgitsbatman was trolling
    Edited by SkylarkAU on January 22, 2016 1:34AM
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkylarkAU wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

^ do we need to make another poll? threads about this @ZOS_GinaBruno all these spy addons, I don't want to be judge on my sales performance with Master Merchant. I also don't want to be wearing a tin foil hat every time I play Elder Spies Online

If you don't like MM for this reason then you're not going to like social media websites, actually any website, smart phones, windows 10.. just sayin'

The thing about MM in particular is that nobody cares about sales performance except guild GM's and only if a member isn't meeting the minimum requirements for membership, something that members agree to prior to signing up anyway.

So was I, I guess Elder Spies Online and Tin foil hat just went over your head i should've /sarcasm to reduce confusion ;)
    PC-NA
    Options
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Spies Online
    That made me laugh :disappointed:
    I like The Elder Cares Online: Tamriel Save-Space Edition more though.

@omfgitsbatman Wait, people can see my private buffs? And even my secret loot? What is this, the NSA? I also feel opressed by the impossible standards put on my healthbar.

Edit: The forum autocorrecting ":D" into a dissapointed smiley is just pure gold right now <3
    Edited by coolmodi on January 22, 2016 1:54AM
    Options
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder Spies Online
    That made me laugh :disappointed:
    I like The Elder Cares Online: Tamriel Save-Space Edition more though.

@omfgitsbatman Wait, people can see my private buffs? And even my secret loot? What is this, the NSA? I also feel opressed by the impossible standards put on my heathbar.

Edit: The forum autocorrecting ":D" into a dissapointed smiley is just pure gold right now <3

hey you need to /sarcasm here! or people will think you don't get it :o
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    @coolmodi all jokes aside, really appreciated your addon <3
    PC-NA
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkylarkAU wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So was I, I guess Elder Spies Online and Tin foil hat just went over your head i should've /sarcasm to reduce confusion ;)

/relieved
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • coolmodi
    coolmodi
    ✭✭✭
    @Bluepitbull13 Thanks, I still hope ZOS thinks about implementing an opt-in option.

What they basically do now is removing the unitId from combat events. Instead of guy hit buddy for 420 with a hammer it will become just a hammer hit with 420. Don't even know what that info will be good for...

Implementing an option in the game itself to again make the Id visible on other people clients would be minimal work for ZOS, but would be the best solution for everybody.

Checkbox somewhere in settings: "Anonymous combat data", on by default.

- For people that want their data secret it would be exactly the same as it was before my addon.
    - "FTC or kick" situations would become "activate sharing or kick", arguably better as not all people need the addon installed and the data says more than just dps.
    - People/groups/guilds who want to use it will still have the much more useful data this addon provides.

Nobody gets hurt, nobody has to fear anything, everybody wins. If they don't do it I seriously have to question their competency.
    Edited by coolmodi on January 22, 2016 2:21AM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bluepitbull13 Thanks, I still hope ZOS thinks about implementing an opt-in option.

What they basically do now is removing the unitId from combat events. Instead of guy hit buddy for x with a hammer it will become just a hammer hit with x. Don't even know what that info will be good for...

Implementing an option in the game itself to again make the Id visible on other people clients would be minimal work for ZOS, but would be the best solution for everybody.

Checkbox somewhere in settings: "Anonymous combat data", on by default.

- For people that want their data secret it would be exactly the same as it was before my addon.
    - "FTC or kick" situations would become "activate sharing or kick", arguably better as not all people need the addon installed and the data says more than just dps.
    - People/groups/guilds who want to use will still have the much more useful data this addon provides.

Nobody gets hurt, nobody has to fear anything, everybody wins. If they don't do it I seriously have to question their competency.

I would support this wholeheartedly.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.