The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spy Addon Group Damage

demian977
demian977
Soul Shriven
Hi,

how can i deactivate the spy-functions of http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1259-GroupDamage.html?
thanks for an anwser =)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for this post B) INB4 Lock *grabs popcorn*
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm probably not. It's like in WoW, we used addons like recount/skada for over.. what, 10 years? and they showed the groups/raids damage and healing, etc. People just accepted it and got on with it, but I can imagine that players have probably tried to opt out of having their damage/healing/activity shown, and it hasn't worked - on WoW anyway.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know this existed. If there'll ever be real 12 player pve content I'm so gonna use this, nice :smile:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get over it. I can see you sorcs hard casting crystal frags in the back. Its obvious your dps is low low low. Now we can see just how low it really is. Lol
    Edited by robkrush on January 14, 2016 9:41PM
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a problem for other people to know my dps and hps. The game is much better when the elitists wall themselves off from the people who are having fun.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, sick of zos spoonfeeding players so they can lie qbout their dps as it's some kind of insecurity, now it's out there how it really is and you won't be scared to ask to fix it
    #MOREORBS
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fully expect ZOS to find a way to disable this add-on because whining, but I am enjoying it immensely while it lasts. It is nice to be able to view group performance.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robkrush wrote: »
    Get over it. I can see you sorcs hard casting crystal frags in the back. Its obvious your dps is low low low. Now we can see just how low it really is. Lol

Exactly this.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robkrush wrote: »
    But what if my fingers hurt and I just want to press 1 button?
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is there are special snowflakes in this game that want to run their heavy armor duel wielding sweet roll build with -9001 DPS and get angry if you ask them about their build.

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!" They bellow as the doritos flakes scatter off their lips.

These people don't want you to know how much of a DPS suck they are in groups.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.
    very frustrating that eso allows these types of things, i hate it.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I don't think it is a problem for other people to know my dps and hps. The game is much better when the elitists wall themselves off from the people who are having fun.

IDGAF if elitists wall themselves off from everyone else - until they start kicking people from groups.

But... IDGAF personally, because as a tank I can get another group in under a minute. But there's gonna be an uprising if this gets abused and large numbers of DPS find themselves repeatedly kicked to the curb because some goober needs "real" players to carry his useless carcass through a dungeon...
  • Asmodean
    Asmodean
    ✭✭✭
    This addon (imo) is currently done in a little too hacky way for my tastes, tbh. Probably ESO API restrictions, but I can see this causing performance issues, unless it's only enabled inside of group dungeons, or such.

If ZOS don't want dps-related drama, why not implement something like a recap screen at the end of dungeons, showing relevent info. Such as dps, hps, and various ability stats, etc. for people who'd like to use them to improve.

Dunno why they oppose this. Nothing wrong with dps meters imo, it's just a$$hat people who abuse it, like everything else.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

I'm sorry, but its not possible to hide low dps from experienced teammates.
    Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 14, 2016 10:22PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »

IDGAF if elitists wall themselves off from everyone else - until they start kicking people from groups.

But... IDGAF personally, because as a tank I can get another group in under a minute. But there's gonna be an uprising if this gets abused and large numbers of DPS find themselves repeatedly kicked to the curb because some goober needs "real" players to carry his useless carcass through a dungeon...

I dont understand why everyone is so afraid of "getting kicked for not having 30k dps". Average dds in pugs normally pull 10-20k, and even 8k is not a big deal. Obviously you cant expect randoms to have top-notch builds and as long as they can play they role, its fine. Like I said, I've never seen anyone getting kicked even for 8k dps. Of course, if they're not dying all the time or something like this.
    Competitive groups are another story. And if a mediocre player is faking his dps to be accepted in such group, he deserves to be debunked. Same for those who link their friends achievements to pretend that they did a no-death run of a dungeon they never tried.

PC/EU
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.

You must be kidding.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 14, 2016 11:00PM

PC/EU
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is there are special snowflakes in this game that want to run their heavy armor duel wielding sweet roll build with -9001 DPS and get angry if you ask them about their build.

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!" They bellow as the doritos flakes scatter off their lips.

LMFAOOOOOO
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

Blatantly not true. I average about 25k DPS on single target boss fights and do CoA easily. In fact, it's enough to do WGT and ICP without much effort as well, including "boss burn" strategies where you DPS the boss and ignore all or part of the mechanics.

BTW people need to pay attention when others post their DPS. AoE DPS can go to several hundred thousand for short periods, or high tens of thousands over longer periods. Single target... Not so much.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experienced players don't need an addon to tell if your dps is low. Most can look at the abilities they're using or the armor they're wearing and know, just from those visuals, that they're below the recommended optimal DPS numbers.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

LMFAOOOOOO
    ^ :D
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either it needs toggles that are off by default for party members (which it seems it doesn't) or it needs to be removed.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a problem for other people to know my dps and hps. The game is much better when the elitists good players wall themselves off from the people who are having fun baddies who waste their time.

Fixed.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this addon lets you see other players dps without that players permission? I heard about this. And I don't think ZOS allows this. For the longest time, people wanted to have addons that would allow raid leaders or others to see group members dps, but ZOS and the player base were continually against it.

Eventually, ZOS allowed the FTC addon to show this information, but you had to enable it to do so. But only those who had that option enabled could share and view the groups dps information. This was also debated at the time saying that raid groups would require everyone to run FTC and have this option enabled. But overall, more players saw this as a good thing because competitive groups could use it and less-competitive groups probably wouldn't care.

But allowing an addon to see others dps and healing information without their permission is the wrong path for ESO. And if this is the case, it will also soon become a required addon on the pvp battlefield, especially if it allows you to see other factions dps and heals.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    So this addon lets you see other players dps without that players permission? I heard about this. And I don't think ZOS allows this. For the longest time, people wanted to have addons that would allow raid leaders or others to see group members dps, but ZOS and the player base were continually against it.

Eventually, ZOS allowed the FTC addon to show this information, but you had to enable it to do so. But only those who had that option enabled could share and view the groups dps information. This was also debated at the time saying that raid groups would require everyone to run FTC and have this option enabled. But overall, more players saw this as a good thing because competitive groups could use it and less-competitive groups probably wouldn't care.

But allowing an addon to see others dps and healing information without their permission is the wrong path for ESO. And if this is the case, it will also soon become a required addon on the pvp battlefield, especially if it allows you to see other factions dps and heals.
    An insightful post if I ever saw one.
  • Asmodean
    Asmodean
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

While I'm not arguing with any of your points / opinions. I wanted to point out, that the way the current ESO API handles the 'visibility' of this info, and the hacky way this mod is circumventing those limitations. I can't ever see this being used in Cyrodiil. Unless you wanted about 6 fps, and 900 latency, from all of the crunching the addon would be doing xD
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

200.gif
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much epeen over DPS numbers.

With the exception of bosses with DPS checks, someone with low DPS just means a longer fight. BFD. A tank who can't/doesn't tank or a healer that doesn't? You've probably got a dead group.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for letting me know about this add-on. This add-on is just life saver <3
This discussion has been closed.