Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

lol

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    many people rerolled to nightblade in the past year to join the fotm train.

it's not fotm if its always
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Its weird because this topic doesnt really require much discussion at all - yet theres so much off topic unrelated points of view that dont even address the issue in the video.

Hi there. You must be new to the ESO forums
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Eric @Wrobel needs to pull his head out of his rear and revert gap closers back to their initial mechanics.

The mini-stun associated with a gap closer is just short-sighted and a bandaid to what was then a problem. Now like bandaid fixes are wont to do, we're dealing with a bigger issue than the one it was meant to address. It doesn't matter who you are when you get 3 people spamming gap closers on you over and over you're going to be unable to respond and are as good as dead. A stamina user has the best chance of surviving the longest due to dodge roll but magicka users are pretty much screwed.

I can't even PvP for long any more. My flipping left-click breaks *constantly*. I counted 7 times in an hour last night before I just rage quit and almost every time it happens when I'm focus-fired with 2-5 gap closers from different people. You lose the ability to block or break free and until you alt tab out of the game and click on something then tab back in or do a /reloadui your character is broken. I seem to be affected by this more than anyone I know, perhaps it has to do with my stand ard defensive combination of block and dodge roll or whatever, I don't have the patience to figure it out but I shouldn't have to.

They need to start making bug fixes and combat fixes faster than the standard 3 month patch releases...dealing with this bug for 4+ months now is absolutely unacceptable.

This pretty much sums up what this thread should be about. This is what is happening.
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're all jabronis. Every team I've ever seen tries to meteor on steps.
    Options
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about a 5 piece set that heals you instead of damaging you when you when you get hit with the same attack consecutively? We can call it Potatoing's Rage or maybe Potato's Gift? We can workshop the name.
    Options
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still have hope for this game? ec2R9H7.jpg
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric @Wrobel needs to pull his head out of his rear and revert gap closers back to their initial mechanics.

The mini-stun associated with a gap closer is just short-sighted and a bandaid to what was then a problem. Now like bandaid fixes are wont to do, we're dealing with a bigger issue than the one it was meant to address. It doesn't matter who you are when you get 3 people spamming gap closers on you over and over you're going to be unable to respond and are as good as dead. A stamina user has the best chance of surviving the longest due to dodge roll but magicka users are pretty much screwed.

I can't even PvP for long any more. My flipping left-click breaks *constantly*. I counted 7 times in an hour last night before I just rage quit and almost every time it happens when I'm focus-fired with 2-5 gap closers from different people. You lose the ability to block or break free and until you alt tab out of the game and click on something then tab back in or do a /reloadui your character is broken. I seem to be affected by this more than anyone I know, perhaps it has to do with my stand ard defensive combination of block and dodge roll or whatever, I don't have the patience to figure it out but I shouldn't have to.

They need to start making bug fixes and combat fixes faster than the standard 3 month patch releases...dealing with this bug for 4+ months now is absolutely unacceptable.

Couldnt have said it any better.

The problem back then was sorcs bolting all over the place.
    So the badaid fix was to nerf streak and buff gap closers because zos logic. Now that streak uses up your magicka after the 3rd or 4th cast, the bads have figured out that spamming gap closers (ambush being the worst) can literally lock you ass down.
    I wonder what zos is going to bandaid fix now that will make some other skill stupid op when spammed.

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    What about a 5 piece set that heals you instead of damaging you when you when you get hit with the same attack consecutively? We can call it Potatoing's Rage or maybe Potato's Gift? We can workshop the name.

'Alma Ruma's bane' more like
    Invictus
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why doesnt they Change any gap Close how take flight is working? if the target is moving out, well then you *** miss it
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

I like it. Give this man a medal.
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because I'm flying through the air you're not going to move out of the way lol
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

literally lol'd.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

This pretty much sums up what this thread should be about. This is what is happening.

Hmm I thought it was just BS when people said they were getting locked. Thought they read the tool-tip but didn't understand how it worked in PvP.

If wrobel did make that change, it needs to be changed back w/o question. It seems like a fix to a non existent problem.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what is so hard about making a gap closer reach its oponent without mini-stunning him. Range attacks all reach their destination without any problem. What am I missing?
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Not sure what is so hard about making a gap closer reach its oponent without mini-stunning him. Range attacks all reach their destination without any problem. What am I missing?

Well, gap closers aren't even guaranteed to gap close as is. I can't even count the number of times I try to toppling charge to someone on a mount, hit air as the horse has decided to graze grass in another spot, charge again and hit air, rinse and repeat. My record is over 20 times now. if gap closers would just take you to the target instead of their position 1-2 seconds ago, they wouldn't have had such an issue with streak and felt obligated to put in such a bizarre 'fix' to begin with.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

literally lol'd.

'Tis the thread title and all :)

If only ZOS had that kind of a sense of humor, it would make all the pvp problems a little more bearable.
    Edited by Zheg on December 15, 2015 9:59PM
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Love it.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Well, gap closers aren't even guaranteed to gap close as is. I can't even count the number of times I try to toppling charge to someone on a mount, hit air as the horse has decided to graze grass in another spot, charge again and hit air, rinse and repeat. My record is over 20 times now. if gap closers would just take you to the target instead of their position 1-2 seconds ago, they wouldn't have had such an issue with streak and felt obligated to put in such a bizarre 'fix' to begin with.

You get as far as that ?
    I normally charge a mouse....then charge another mouse ....then charge...
    ..at least I get plenty of guts and stuff
    Edited by Rune_Relic on December 15, 2015 10:05PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel should make a new forum post on this issue where he completely avoids the topic just like he did for AOE caps.

Both of those changes are part of the "Buffs for Bads" design philosophy.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to see why the mini stun was added in the first place simply look at DK Chain...Half the time when you pull someone if you're chasing them they end up behind ya when they get there..Same if you're pulled to them..you get pulled to them and they're already out of range.

But at the same time...It doesn't need to be a mini stun or hell even a mini root...If for example it applied a 90% snare for example for say 1 second it'd work easily as well without the stun or the root issues.

Simply look at Stampede for example..It doesn't need that mini stun...it applies a 60% snare and pretty much allows ya to catch the target easily when ya get there.

Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

My theory is that this is impossible to code for properly. Your choices are either:
    1) allow the possibility of missing your target if they are moving (especially out of range) or...
    2) always have it root the target until you have reached their location

Blizzard went back and forth on this several times trying to fix the Warrior's Charge ability in WoW, where they had it stun, then root, then stun, then finally back to only rooting the target for about 0.5 seconds, since they simply could not account for the range checks on moving targets. It wasn't really that big of a deal in WoW however since the Charge ability is on a 12sec cooldown. ESO gap closer problems are exacerbated by lack of cooldowns.

Still not sure why it would have to stun/silence you though. The worst that should happen is root you in place but still let you cast abilities.
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on December 16, 2015 12:14AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭

ZoS logic... that's what you're missing.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not our intention that players get locked in placed when being spammed with charge style abilities, but we also want these abilities to feel responsive and be able to hit their target. We're currently testing a fix where instead of being immobile for .5 seconds you will instead have a strong snare applied for slightly longer.

This fix should ensure that you have time to hit targets with charge abilities, but also gives the defender some opportunity to disengage when 1 or multiple players are using charge attacks against them. This fix will go live with the Thieves Guild update. We'd love to hear feedback both from players using charge abilities and being charged on the PTS.
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    It's not our intention that players get locked in placed when being spammed with charge style abilities, but we also want these abilities to feel responsive and be able to hit their target. We're currently testing a fix where instead of being immobile for .5 seconds you will instead have a strong snare applied for slightly longer.

This fix should ensure that you have time to hit targets with charge abilities, but also gives the defender some opportunity to disengage when 1 or multiple players are using charge attacks against them. This fix will go live with the Thieves Guild update. We'd love to hear feedback both from players using charge abilities and being charged on the PTS.

Why do all charge abilities need a fix if this is just a NB charge problem? Don't all the other charges provide an immunity with a break free from a charge? If you change all the charges can Temps have the skill cooldown with Toppling Charge removed then?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why do all charge abilities need a fix if this is just a NB charge problem? Don't all the other charges provide an immunity with a break free from a charge? If you change all the charges can Temps have the skill cooldown with Toppling Charge removed then?

All charges silence and immobilize you, it's not NB specific.
    You can't get immunity against it and with limited dodge rolling it's kinda hard to do anything while being spammed with charges.
    Edited by Soulac on December 16, 2015 9:29PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

You can't get immunity against it and with limited dodge rolling it's kinda hard to do anything while being spammed with charges.

Invasion used to provide an immunity to knock down if you broke free from it in 1.5. If it doesn't now there has been a change somewhere. The other abilities (other than Toppling Charge which has s cooldown and DK Leap which has regeneration) have a minimum distance requiring a player to pull back before using it again. NB skill is the only spammable skill in that it can be used over and over by one person, that is gimmicky.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fix when the thieves guild update happens, has an ETA for that even been posted?
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is there also a fix/removal for fall damage? It's been brought up by multiple people in multiple threads, but we haven't heard back on it. People already hate fighting in the lag, getting oneshot just pushes the frustration needle even further. You may think it's a minor issue, but it's used in coordinated efforts now. If we have to play with that, plus some of more overturned siege changes, pvp is going to be iffy with that upcoming patch. Has any skill caused as many problems as meteor has throughout the game? Fall damage, lag issues that made keeps sound like mortar fire, back to fall damage again... Ive come to despise that skill with every fiber of my being simply because of all the crap it's caused over the past 2 years.
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would this "strong snare" be the same type as those that can be removed by abilities like Rapid Maneuver? What happens if you try use a gap-closer on someone with snare immunity? Does the attack miss?

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Invasion used to provide an immunity to knock down if you broke free from it in 1.5. If it doesn't now there has been a change somewhere. The other abilities (other than Toppling Charge which has s cooldown and DK Leap which has regeneration) have a minimum distance requiring a player to pull back before using it again. NB skill is the only spammable skill in that it can be used over and over by one person, that is gimmicky.

It's not the knockdown. when someone uses a gap closer on you, you're frozen in place and silenced until the attack connects. and from this effect you cannot break free and you cannot dodge roll or use any abilities and there is no immunity. on top of that; there are people who communicate with one another to rotate their gap closers making you permanently frozen/silenced so you just get killed without being able to fight back at all.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 16, 2015 10:02PM
    Invictus
    Options