Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

lol

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    JDar wrote: »
    Galalin wrote: »
    1 phrase Wrobel.... Minimum *** range you idiot.

We all know you play a NB so stop playing favorites.... its the only gap closer without a minimum range

DK SCRUB OUT

There's no need to call the man an idiot. If you worked 40+ hours a week on this game and spent time off the clock reading these forums would YOU like to be called an idiot? Do you not have any common decency?

Well if he works 40h/week and the game is still in such a poor state, with no gameplay changes/balances whatsoever for months, I would say zos should give a job with such high responsability to someone else.

Are you really in a position to determine that? I sometimes get frustrated and say mean things about ZOS devs, but then I check myself because none of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm not judging anyone. I've trashed them in zone chat plenty of times. It's silly and unproductive.

Ultimately, the person I blame the most for the frustration I experience playing ESO is myself. It's had a lot of the same issues for a long time now, yet I keep playing. That makes me the idiot.

If we want ZOS to read and consider our opinions, it is our interest as a community to be as polite and professional as possible. Insults and sarcasm will only build barriers.
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

We all know you play a NB so stop playing favorites.... its the only gap closer without a minimum range

DK SCRUB OUT

There's no need to call the man an idiot. If you worked 40+ hours a week on this game and spent time off the clock reading these forums would YOU like to be called an idiot? Do you not have any common decency?

Well if he works 40h/week and the game is still in such a poor state, with no gameplay changes/balances whatsoever for months, I would say zos should give a job with such high responsability to someone else.

Are you really in a position to determine that? I sometimes get frustrated and say mean things about ZOS devs, but then I check myself because none of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm not judging anyone. I've trashed them in zone chat plenty of times. It's silly and unproductive.

Ultimately, the person I blame the most for the frustration I experience playing ESO is myself. It's had a lot of the same issues for a long time now, yet I keep playing. That makes me the idiot.

If we want ZOS to read and consider our opinions, it is our interest as a community to be as polite and professional as possible. Insults and sarcasm will only build barriers.

I agree as a whole, but sometimes a good slap in the face can be a nice wake up call. I guess they are getting slapped 24/7 though, might be a little too much haha
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word on the
    Etaniel wrote: »

DK SCRUB OUT

I agree as a whole, but sometimes a good slap in the face can be a nice wake up call. I guess they are getting slapped 24/7 though, might be a little too much haha

Well it took over a year of constant spanking for them to show any kind of response?!
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    All i can say is F#$k king Richard and the horse he rode in on. I actually watched someone today follow his SPAMBUSH vid to a TEE, while eating my lunch. I had to wipe half my sandwich off the screen because i was laughing so hard.
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiphyla wrote: »
    xylena wrote: »
    remove the root from ambush, remove the armor debuff from SA, there stamblades now balanced

Don't think zos know how to code those stuffs you said.

Atleast they can make bear mounts and cute little pets. So there is that.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
    Options
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/pH4WtQHHhLo?t=7m50s

ninja san doesn't seemed fazed by it XD

edit: fast forward to 7:50 to see

edit edit: yeah it needs a fix tho
    Edited by allen-iverson on January 5, 2016 8:51PM
    *Marcel Rigmond voice* "Filthy casual."

allen-iverson, Metta World Peace, Kobe Brÿant, Goran Dragić, Dwyane Wade
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/pH4WtQHHhLo?t=7m50s

When Ninja-san engages them i counted at least 12 spambushes right off the bat and they almost killed him.

This is a classic example of a good nb vs bad nbs.
    Bad Nbs getting cheap ass kills with broken moves. Too bad they ran out of stamina and Ninja went straight for the kill.

Hes a fken beast my stam sorc was no match for him. Props to Ninja-san.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a lot easier to deal with as stamina than it is magicka, especially with the build Sypher was using. Personally, two nightblades both spamming ambush on me will die in less than 10 seconds, it's when you hit that critical number of 3 NBs that you're pretty much screwed.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DK SCRUB OUT

Do I need to quote you the 'balance changes' Wrobel himself told us he will be implementing in the next update?
    ZOS_eWrobel 18 points 3 days ago
    Overall we're looking at buffing some of the less used ability morphs.
    DK - We're looking at making their dots stick to targets longer. Templar - Increasing effectiveness of some of their damage abilities. Sorcerer - Making more active abilities instead of toggles. Nightblade - Morph and passive ability improvements.
    And let's not even get started on how his 'solution' to the gap closer 0.5 sec root is changing it to a 0.75 sec snare.

People aren't trashing him because they are petty and spiteful, they are trashing him because of his LONG TRACK RECORD of horrible changes to combat mechanics & poor itemization (yes, he's in charge of itemization too!)

Also, saying things like
    People melt in Wall of Elements.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

DK SCRUB OUT

Do I need to quote you the 'balance changes' Wrobel himself told us he will be implementing in the next update?
    DK - We're looking at making their dots stick to targets longer. Templar - Increasing effectiveness of some of their damage abilities. Sorcerer - Making more active abilities instead of toggles. Nightblade - Morph and passive ability improvements.
    And let's not even get started on how his 'solution' to the gap closer 0.5 sec root is changing it to a 0.75 sec snare.

People aren't trashing him because they are petty and spiteful, they are trashing him because of his LONG TRACK RECORD of horrible changes to combat mechanics & poor itemization (yes, he's in charge of itemization too!)

Also, saying things like

I don't think he is an idiot....I just think he's in way over his head. Zos should relocate him somewhere else that he can still contribute to the game without being so detrimental to it.

The block, dodge and bolt escape changes eliminated many playstyles in the game. Instead of attacking the root cause of the issues (resource generation created by poorly thought out changes introduced with the champion system and buffing drinks) he attacked the symptom and screwed over the game. As a Min/Maxer my sorc was forced to become what it is today....a glass cannon that has to kill fast or die. 2-shotting players instead of using superior skill because regen is now useless for sorcs.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »

DK SCRUB OUT

Also, saying things like

I don't think he is an idiot....I just think he's in way over his head. Zos should relocate him somewhere else that he can still contribute to the game without being so detrimental to it.

The block, dodge and bolt escape changes eliminated many playstyles in the game. Instead of attacking the root cause of the issues (resource generation created by poorly thought out changes introduced with the champion system and buffing drinks) he attacked the symptom and screwed over the game. As a Min/Maxer my sorc was forced to become what it is today....a glass cannon that has to kill fast or die. 2-shotting players instead of using superior skill because regen is now useless for sorcs.
    Don't worry, you wont have to be glass cannon anymore once we get non toggled pets. Just sit on a keep wall w/ a bunch of friendly siege set up on it, and have your Twilight, Clanfear, Atronach + Maw of the Inferno going. Us sorcs will be the untargetable pet master master race!
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really easy for us to sit back and be voracious critics when we have nothing to lose.

I'm highly critical of ZOS too, but wtf do I know? I don't know how ZOS works internally or who ultimately makes what decisions. What ZOS tells us is little more than public and customer relations. And no, we shouldn't be privy to every detail. No company works that way.

Additionally, I'm not a professional game developer. Are any of you? What credentials have you earned that give your scathing criticisms validity? Because you've played a bunch of games? Because your peers agree? There are no absolutely right answers. Everything about the design of this game is subjective. An idea or implementation can be both good and bad depending on who the subject is.

The point is if you can't discuss your ideas in a constructive, respectful way, you're not going to be heard.

IMO, a lot of us here need to be a lot more humble about our stupid opinions.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really easy for us to sit back and be voracious critics when we have nothing to lose.

I'm highly critical of ZOS too, but wtf do I know? I don't know how ZOS works internally or who ultimately makes what decisions. What ZOS tells us is little more than public and customer relations. And no, we shouldn't be privy to every detail. No company works that way.

Additionally, I'm not a professional game developer. Are any of you? What credentials have you earned that give your scathing criticisms validity? Because you've played a bunch of games? Because your peers agree? There are no absolutely right answers. Everything about the design of this game is subjective. An idea or implementation can be both good and bad depending on who the subject is.

The point is if you can't discuss your ideas in a constructive, respectful way, you're not going to be heard.

IMO, a lot of us here need to be a lot more humble about our stupid opinions.

Actually, I made my living as just that for 10 years before I left the industry. Needless to say you don't need to be a professional to recognize incompetence when you see it.

I agree with you on the civility but we're not going to be "heard" regardless which is the cause of the lack of respect. I've said in these forums a hundred times, a lack of communication will always be perceived in the most negative light possible. Eric only recently started "communicating" with the community and his form of communication hardly does the word justice since they have almost always been vague and 1-sided glimpses at what he is planning. The most successful games I've ever played have been ones that had developers who openly communicated with their customers in practically every respect.

There have been so many issues with this game in so many different areas that I would never even consider purchasing another game developed by ZoS or lead by any of the major names that worked on ESO. Sure, ESO has had many good points and I've said a lot of good things about it in the past but I've never played a game that for two years of development has consistently gotten worse with almost every major update.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I made my living as just that for 10 years before I left the industry. Needless to say you don't need to be a professional to recognize incompetence when you see it.
    I don't think it's fair to judge someone so harshly based on so little information. And it does not accomplish anything positive.
    I agree with you on the civility but we're not going to be "heard" regardless which is the cause of the lack of respect. I've said in these forums a hundred times, a lack of communication will always be perceived in the most negative light possible. Eric only recently started "communicating" with the community and his form of communication hardly does the word justice since they have almost always been vague and 1-sided glimpses at what he is planning. The most successful games I've ever played have been ones that had developers who openly communicated with their customers in practically every respect.
    I do not expect someone to be both good at game design and good at customer relations. I agree that ZOS should have a representative who can engage users and help us understand where they're coming from, but even that has limited value. Games that have good customer relations tend to be games that are working well; it is not that games work well because of good customer relations. A crowd-developed game would be total crap. It would be like "The Homer" car. We're the peanut gallery.
    There have been so many issues with this game in so many different areas that I would never even consider purchasing another game developed by ZoS or lead by any of the major names that worked on ESO. Sure, ESO has had many good points and I've said a lot of good things about it in the past but I've never played a game that for two years of development has consistently gotten worse with almost every major update.
    I'm probably in the same boat. Consistently buggy Zenimax products is the reason I didn't buy Fallout 4. ESO certainly has a lot of significant issues. There is not denying that. But that doesn't mean we should all regress to jerkitude and be the nightmare customers and clients we all hate to deal with. Outside of overt hostility, we should always aspire to be civil and respectful.
    Edited by zyk on January 5, 2016 11:43PM
    Options
  • LegendsNeverDie
    LegendsNeverDie
    Soul Shriven
    Do I need to be a Chef to complain about my food while at a restaurant? The whole "you have to be a game developer to understand it" argument is silly. In the end of the day he's responsible for keeping the combat system satisfying and entertaining, when it's not people have every right to complain about it.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I need to be a Chef to complain about my food while at a restaurant? The whole "you have to be a game developer to understand it" argument is silly. In the end of the day he's responsible for keeping the combat system satisfying and entertaining, when it's not people have every right to complain about it.

Nowhere did I say we should not offer feedback. My point has been that we should be respectful and humble when doing so.

Also, I advise complaining to the chef after you have finished eating at that restaurant.
    Options
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere did I say we should not offer feedback. My point has been that we should be respectful and humble when doing so.

Also, I advise complaining to the chef after you have finished eating at that restaurant.

What's up?
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
    Options
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭

As a chef, I recommend strongly that you complain as soon as possible. A chef typically wants to make you happy by creating food that you enjoy. If you speak up at the end of eating it is too late.

You still may find the meal acceptable if the food is comp'ed or you get to complain on yelp. But, that does not allow the chef the chance to make you happy through what comes out of that chef's kitchen.

If your chef is the guy behind the counter at Taco Bell, then it might be best to complain at the end of eating - there is a decent chance that the 'chef' at Taco Bell is not really in the industry to make you happy with his food.

And the snare 'fix' is terrible to put it as succinctly and politely as possible.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Respectful, always. Humility however, is not a requirement of giving feedback.
    Edited by Islyn on January 6, 2016 10:48AM
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Currently gap closers apply a -100% movement speed debuff for .5 seconds. This snare cannot be avoided or reduced by any abilities, so it locks your character in place. It works this way because we want charges to reliably hit enemies. It means if 2 players are casting Ambush on a target every half second, they will not be able to move. This is too strong of a lockdown and we would like to relax it, while still making charge abilities get to the target.

To accomplish this, we'll be reducing the snare to -60% and increase the duration to .75 seconds. This will make it feel more responsive as a person being charged because you can still control your character instead of getting stuck in place. With the change you can move slightly further with 1 person charging you, and much further if multiple enemies are charging you. Note that these values aren’t final and we will be adjusting based on PTS feedback.

You kids at zos are just going about this all wrong. Ya I'm going to be a bit snarky cause you guys deserve it at this point.

Freezing or slowing a person while they are being charged is just plain asinine. Why would you not just make the charge follow the person? Duh If the problem is that charges are missing, then fix the charge so it doesn't miss...not nerf the person being attacked ffs.

I swear its just a bunch of kids running this game.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough at self serve checkouts people still yell at the store employees.

You would figure, at some point, they might yell at the idiot who can't figure out to press the cash button or takes 10 card slotted the wrong way swipes with their credit card.

But no, they still yell at the store.

Generally it's all bile and hate, threatening to get people fired... etc.

This is just people merely being the low life scumbags they really are deep inside when they are in a venue they don't feel they will be called out or confronted over it.

Always be wary of those that treat "the help" like crap, they are the worst of the worst.
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Typhoios - their rotations are sooooo complicated none of us would understand....

They have amush on both bars so they ambushed him using bar 1, switched to bar 2 and ambushed him further.....

@Sypher - think you need to learn from the King(King Richard) how to NB...

Check out his Spambush video... I almost wet myself...

I think those guys watched only this video on how to NB...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's fair to judge someone so harshly based on so little information. And it does not accomplish anything positive.
    I do not expect someone to be both good at game design and good at customer relations. I agree that ZOS should have a representative who can engage users and help us understand where they're coming from, but even that has limited value. Games that have good customer relations tend to be games that are working well; it is not that games work well because of good customer relations. A crowd-developed game would be total crap. It would be like "The Homer" car. We're the peanut gallery.
    I'm probably in the same boat. Consistently buggy Zenimax products is the reason I didn't buy Fallout 4. ESO certainly has a lot of significant issues. There is not denying that. But that doesn't mean we should all regress to jerkitude and be the nightmare customers and clients we all hate to deal with. Outside of overt hostility, we should always aspire to be civil and respectful.

It is hard to restrain oneself for so long and it is a daily struggle for I and many others who play this game. IMO Those of us who are the most harsh, care about the game most deeply.

I remember open player discussions in WoW with the Wrobel equivalent Ghostcrawler. Many of us didn't agree with him at all and that is fine but he at least would have open back and forth with players and was far more open with why he was doing the things he did. It is much easier to disagree with someone but understand where they are coming from than it is to listen to a one-sided discussion from them that often has nothing to do with what information you're trying to obtain.

A lot of frustration in these forums man and I can't blame people for flying off the handle now and then, I struggle with it constantly myself. Some day it'll be all sunshine and rainbows from me but that's because I'll have quit the game by then and will have stopped caring.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why we need to candy-coat the fact that their balance changes and communication have been sh!t.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options