Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

lol

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they could give me a run through on their rotation?
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what you're trying to show is nerf sorcerers & buff nightblades, right?
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Such skilled players. They could teach you a thing or two!
    Options
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    Ambush is too weak IMO. Needs empower buff added to it >:)
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
    Options
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    ridiculous game, just spam one ability)))

wondering every day that so many players still playing this .... boring ... gameplay

or its not boring for some amount of people?
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that's my every evening in cyrodiil!
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

wondering every day that so many players still playing this .... boring ... gameplay

Only bad players do what they just did. If they didn't outnumber him Sypher would have beaten any of those guys easily. The combat in this game is really fun. Don't let these idiots fool you.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »

Only bad players do what they just did. If they didn't outnumber him Sypher would have beaten any of those guys easily. The combat in this game is really fun. Don't let these idiots fool you.

not sure if i understand your post but i think i know combat in this game. honestly this ambush spam is probably to most effective tactics to kill sypher, but somethings telling me he use it a lot more often then only "sypher tactics"

Edited by VincentBlanquin on December 12, 2015 4:04AM
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
    Options
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10 would ambush again.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So bad...

edit- It worked :s
    Edited by TheBull on December 12, 2015 4:12AM
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol!
    You know theyre just watching both you and fengrush's stream to troll you right? trolol
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Them uncrittable shields be OP.
    Options
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    That....was painful to watch....and the worst part is it isn't uncommon..... I love my magicka nightblade, but honestly seeing this almost makes me ashamed. >.<

I realize it's a sign of bads, and good players don't do that, but it's getting silly.
    maxjapank wrote: »

Really? THAT was what you got from that? >.>
    Edited by Anzriel on December 12, 2015 4:31AM
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel feels they should point out that when fighting a sorceror built for hit and run methods then it's imperative to keep the pressure on them, and not give them a moment to think or set up for their counter attack. IF there's any lag that microsecond of delay required for fear can give a good player time to bolt once more thus dragging out the fight.

So, this one has too resorted to merely ambushing over, and over, and over again just to insure they stay on top of the flighty one. This usually buys their slower comrades time to catch up so we can all share in the nommage.

However...three to infinity guys who do naught but use one skill ad nauseum...wimps.

OTOH at least they weren't using steel tornado right? ^_^

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »

not sure if i understand your post but i think i know combat in this game. honestly this ambush spam is probably to most effective tactics to kill sypher, but somethings telling me he use it a lot more often then only "sypher tactics"

When you outnumber people like that you can pretty much do whatever. Try to 1v1 someone and ambush spam. If they are not brain dead, you will get your ass handed to you.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But can Sypher survive gap closers
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Sorcs!

Seriously though I've got some sympathy for the ambush spamers. If I see a name sorc nowadays I just don't even bother. There is no breaking through that bubble and while I can probably annoy them with some hit and run idiocy, the good ones either have a detect potion and/or a preternatural sense to streak where I am cloaking so that it's way more risk than it's worth just to *** one off.

If I catch one from behind crouched sending a chat message or riding a mount with no bubble and I have soul harvest charged then sure maybe. But that's a rare gift.
    Options
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep that's a typical day in Cyrodiil!
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ambush (n): Those hiding in order to attack by surprise

I think at some point in that video it became less of a surprise. Fair play to you for not throwing your keyboard through the monitor like I would have done.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gap closers in this game are so broken, ambush is just the most broken one. They all have a hidden stun and silence built into them so when they are spammed on you it often locks your ability bar out when your outnumbered and that's that.

I miss the days gap closers didn't lock you in place, stun and silence you
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The look on your face ruined me.
    Options
  • Mythk
    Mythk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambush spam melts steel beams
    Options
  • FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hektik_V wrote: »
    But can Sypher survive gap closers

Lol please. Haxus nightblades are notorious for abusing this ***. You guys have good enough players that you don't need to abuse things like this and fall damage on stairs, stop doing it.
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    ambush (n): Those hiding in order to attack by surprise

I think at some point in that video it became less of a surprise. Fair play to you for not throwing your keyboard through the monitor like I would have done.

This is the EXACT reason why ambush needs to have a cast time! The cast time should be no problem at all if it's actually being used to ambush someone who hasn't seen you yet.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't love gap closers. I use them occasionally, but in general I think they're kind of cheap. If you saw me spamming Lotus Fan a few weeks ago, it was because it is so infrequently on a bar that I spammed it thinking it was a different ability--one less controversial to spam. :p (because we all spam something in this game.)

But I don't see a problem with the events in this video. Obviously mobility is a big part of your game and a big part of Sorc gameplay. You were constantly on the move, so yeah, these melee builds closed that gap before you broke LOS and recovered. Why would they give you a chance to unload a combo on one and maybe get a kill?

Perhaps it can be argued that all gap closers should be subject to the same cost rule as bolt escape and its morphs.
    Edited by zyk on December 12, 2015 7:07AM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading certain comments is giving me the dumbs.

Seriously if you don´t understand the problem at all please just ask instead of giving an uneducated opinion :tired_face:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least Ambush doesn´t go through dodge.. Yeah, I´m looking at you Lotus Fan.
    Yesterday I encountered a four man nightblade squad, doing nothing else than using ambush/lotus fan, that´s ridiculous
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anzriel wrote: »
    That....was painful to watch....and the worst part is it isn't uncommon..... I love my magicka nightblade, but honestly seeing this almost makes me ashamed. >.<

I realize it's a sign of bads, and good players don't do that, but it's getting silly.
    maxjapank wrote: »

Really? THAT was what you got from that? >.>

Good players do it to other good players!
    Options
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now of the belief that gap closers in this game should cost a lot more and be slower (not as in cast time, but in how long it takes you to travel).

I don't know if that would have a significant impact on performance during lag, but having cheap gap closers that are spammable certainly has consequences for the game, and I think it's arguable if it's for the better or not.

If you want fights from a distance where people are using gap closers (almost all of them, of course), it looks like cartoon combat. I don't know how I feel about that.

edited for clarity
    Edited by JDar on December 12, 2015 10:46AM
    Options