The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Harrowstorms problem

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Aelorin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Finn Last night this was also happening with Dolmens: Dolmen active, but no enemies....Not sure anymore if it was in Auridon or Greenshade.

Thanks for this report. We will take a look at that as well.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation of why they are unpredictable however please explain why you made them a Daily Event that requires 3? Seems to favour those players that can be in game for the majority of the time and is a disadvantage to those players that can not ( disadvantage being the loss of timely chances of loot, motifs and achievement fulfillments )

This is quite different from any other daily events in old and new dlc's/chapters

That does seem pretty weird, I don't have Greymoor yet(PS4) but it would be like doing Elweyer dailies for dragons but just wandering around looking or waiting on someone to mention it in zone. Are the rewards at least worth the trouble?
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one also had a strange active but totally empty dolmen, she thinks in The Rift, this week.

Khajiit bug reported it at the time.

It went back to normal after a while.

She may have some footage if this is of any use? Usually she films if anything odd occurs.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one also had a strange active but totally empty dolmen, she thinks in The Rift, this week.

I ran into one of those in Reaper's March yesterday, Northern Woods Dolmen, a lowbie had cleared the trash and pinions, I got there in time for… no boss to land. It remained "open" for some time, but I didn't check back to see if it cleared.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
    Options
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are obviously things you don't sit and wait for but go to when one pops up. Maybe change the daily to just doing one
    Edited by volkeswagon on June 5, 2020 2:27AM
    Options
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn I know we tend to rib y'all as developers for never responding/updating us on the current situation or acting like y'all care on the forums. I just want to let you know we as players appreciate the actual devs popping in on occasion to acknowledge y'all are seeing problems (I'm sure the community management team handles most of it, but it is nice to see y'all on occasion!).

I REALLY appreciate the update y'all gave the other day regarding performance status and the problems you've encountered/fixed. I may not be the majority, but as a somewhat long-time player and raider (w/ some occasional PvP) who has been frustrated by the performance issues, I appreciated y'alls' most recent update about what's been going on the past few months. I look forward to more posts like that in the future (the more depth you go into about why it's hard to fix and what the plans are to fix it the more happy we have been)!
    Edited by wills43b14_ESO on June 5, 2020 2:50AM
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer
    Options
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole Harrowstorms setup is just a mess. People are sitting at these thing sometimes for an hour waiting for them to spawn.
    Perhaps time to read a good book while waiting ;) .. seriously considering this as I only have 5 dolmens left to complete the zone.. was waiting for the middle HS to pop up for a long time yesterday (and still haven't done it).

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
    Options
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some trolls call out hs that are not up then say on zone chat that they lied once you rode all that way ....need to troll proof this.
    Options
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is troll proof. You can see all of the ones in western skyrim from very far away. Its pretty easy to tell if its actually up or not: there will be a giant funnel in the sky if it is. As soon as you get to the wayshrine, without running anywhere, you can see 4 of 6 harrows in western skyrim. the other two require a very short run before you are at a vantage to see.

I tend not to do the ones in blackreach because the line of sight isnt as good, but I know you can see gloomforest from the wayshrine, and dwarf and night a short run from the wayshrine, which leaves only one that is annoying to check.
    Options
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I climb on mountain near Dragon bridge, allows to see up to 4 storm locations at once. Cannot see coastal storms, but looking for 4 at once, is better than waiting for 1 on the spot imho. Only drawback, is that I have to get down from said mountain, to get to the storm. Shrines located really badly, especially for coast storms.
    Edited by Lintashi on June 5, 2020 6:35AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The waiting times for some Harrowstorms to activate is bizzare. Waited almost 25 minutes for one in Blackreach to activate. That´s waaaaaaaay too long.
    Options
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harrowstorms still bugging out after completion almost 2 weeks after this expansion was dropped.

Utter crap content.
    Options
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with the long way between Wayshrine and HS is that if you finally get there, it may already be over and you got there for nothing.

Very frustrating.

Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well here is the empty dolmen video in case it is any use.

This one has been around since launch and has never seen this until now.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

https://youtu.be/lnx6P0PJlqc

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Im just lucky but I have been managing to complete the Harrowstorm dauly on do 2 characters a day, but I have a fast mount and tend to watch chat and around me for spawns and I position myself near a wayshrine to be able to port. Yes sometimes I miss some when there are a lot of people waiting at one but it hasnt been terrible.

I have had the situation where I waited at one for a very long time because it was the last one I needed for the achievement while others in the zone spawned 2 and 3 times. There should be a mechanism where the others start to repeat, and one hasnt spawned yet, the one that hasnt should spawn after the second repeated one at least.
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Harrowstorms are, by nature, chaotic events and the forces controlling them are not as predictable as one might think. If a Harrowstorm has not shown up at a designated location recently, it may behoove you to seek them elsewhere.

In short, Harrowstorms are more random than say... Dark Anchors. They are not a set pattern and there is no guarantee that not seeing one at a specific location for any given time will result in it showing up soon.

As opposed to say, dragons, which are mundane and ordinary events? Face it, you set a new precedent with dragons. Telegraphing was a good game design decision! In my opinion, all world events should be telegraphed, including geysers and dark anchors. But if they aren't all telegraphed, why telegraph dragons? Might as well remove that, because honestly, dragons are just as random and chaotic a force.

P.S. Please tone down, or remove the matron's moustache-twirling taunt dialogue. It's cringy, annoying and distracting, and most importantly, unnecessary!
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lie, there is a group of 50 people waiting at the Dwarf's bane Harrowstrom site right now for over an hour in the instance Im in because
    it....just.....wont.....spawn.

*Edit* Finally it did

m68Hjsq.png
    Edited by Katahdin on June 6, 2020 2:24AM
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now waiting with someone for over an hour at Hailstone . I swear almost every other HS has spawned 2x while waiting for this one
    Options
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Now waiting with someone for over an hour at Hailstone . I swear almost every other HS has spawned 2x while waiting for this one
    Had that yesterday, the Black Morass one .. been standing there for over an hour .. still haven't done it. :s

When I have this one I am not going to return with another characrter till it's fixed.
    This is unplayable.

Options
  • Blackbriar_Thorn
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Harrowstorms are, by nature, chaotic events and the forces controlling them are not as predictable as one might think. If a Harrowstorm has not shown up at a designated location recently, it may behoove you to seek them elsewhere.

In short, Harrowstorms are more random than say... Dark Anchors. They are not a set pattern and there is no guarantee that not seeing one at a specific location for any given time will result in it showing up soon.

I understand this from a lore perspective, but from a game-play perspective this is a garbage answer. I spent an hour hopping about from Shrines and running down storm locations to try and complete a single daily quest. I managed to get one storm before I got so frustrated I just gave up. I'm almost to the point of giving up on the daily storm quest altogether.

This part of the game is no longer fun. Dragons show their location on the map as they move, why can there not be an indicator for active storms in a similar manner? If the spawns are going to be so random and not like Dark Anchor as you mention in your example, holding to the rule of three for quest completion should also be revised. Either drop the number of storms to be completed for the daily or increase the storm activity via faster spawn or have multiple up at once like the dragons.

I want to enjoy this feature, but it's current format is just not conducive to that. For what it's worth, I'll hope they do something to fix it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Edited by Blackbriar_Thorn on June 6, 2020 9:34PM
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now waiting at Gloomforest for an hour and a half.
    EVERY other one in the zone has spawned THREE or FOUR Times and not Gloom
    THis is boooorrrrrrinnnnngggg

This NEEDS To change.

There should be a mechanism that every one in the zone has to spawn at least once per 30 minutes or so.
    #Pleasestoptheboringwaittimes#

Edited by Katahdin on June 7, 2020 6:47AM
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Khajiit bug reported it at the time.

It went back to normal after a while.

She may have some footage if this is of any use? Usually she films if anything odd occurs.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

A footage ?
    Don't you think it's a pawage ? Or a pawsage ? :)

Options
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭
    I understand this from a lore perspective, but from a game-play perspective this is a garbage answer. I spent an hour hopping about from Shrines and running down storm locations to try and complete a single daily quest. I managed to get one storm before I got so frustrated I just gave up. I'm almost to the point of giving up on the daily storm quest altogether.

This part of the game is no longer fun. Dragons show their location on the map as they move, why can there not be an indicator for active storms in a similar manner? If the spawns are going to be so random and not like Dark Anchor as you mention in your example, holding to the rule of three for quest completion should also be revised. Either drop the number of storms to be completed for the daily or increase the storm activity via faster spawn or have multiple up at once like the dragons.

I want to enjoy this feature, but it's current format is just not conducive to that. For what it's worth, I'll hope they do something to fix it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Agreed. It's easier to do the other two dailies and move on. Unless I waste a great deal of time sitting and watching for the spawns, I may finish the Harrowstorm in a few days.

The chance of completing this quest in a reasonable amount of time is dismal at best.
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are very harrowing.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    b101uk wrote: »
    And not doing the dailies shouldn't be the answer either as people do them for the rewards and achievements, especially when the motifs are made available.

why must ALL dailies be trivialised as far as some notion of time constraint just to please the quick fix brigade, when the extra time it takes could be accounted for by a marginally higher drop-rate chance for said motifs, thus giving relative parity.

Something is broken, even admitted to by ZoS, and you have to insult those who want it fixed?

That is idiotic. Expecting problems to be fixed should be expected not maligned.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation of why they are unpredictable however please explain why you made them a Daily Event that requires 3? Seems to favour those players that can be in game for the majority of the time and is a disadvantage to those players that can not ( disadvantage being the loss of timely chances of loot, motifs and achievement fulfillments )

This is quite different from any other daily events in old and new dlc's/chapters

That does seem pretty weird, I don't have Greymoor yet(PS4) but it would be like doing Elweyer dailies for dragons but just wandering around looking or waiting on someone to mention it in zone. Are the rewards at least worth the trouble?

Unlikely.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope to be fixed soon....but the hope disappears .....when ZOS delay the most wanted patches.
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well here is the empty dolmen video in case it is any use.

This one has been around since launch and has never seen this until now.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

https://youtu.be/lnx6P0PJlqc

Santie , you are the best!
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no fix for this? Good grief.

4E1UDZ8.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've pretty much given up on these. I'm not going to sit around for hours hoping to catch one. If I'm near one when it pops while questing I'll head to it but otherwise just forget it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options