Harrowstorms problem

• L4R5M
    L4R5M
    Soul Shriven
    What I learned from Dragons and Dolmens. Once you notice, it is already too late and you may see the last boss being killed and you just wasted time again.
    I tried a couple of times and guess what, too late 3 out of 4 times. I would really like to have more audible hints, that I could hear before someone even starts, so I have a chance to be there in time. This would be a lot of fun.
    Options
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just alert about zone chat announces like: "Hey... X harrowstorm is up" I run like hell to there and when I arrive it's already done, so... I played all week and I still haven't completed a single Harrowstorm. Bad luck? I don't have the patience for such a daily, sorry. At least the dragon's ones show where are they heading and you have time to get there if you hurry up.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    Options
  • Dirge13
    Dirge13
    Soul Shriven
    Prrasha wrote: »
    The rewards are quite bad, especially compared to dragons.

The one I would like to point out is that the "document pouch" rewards from harrowstorms don't seem to contain recipes. I've gotten at least 5 of them, and all have had only a single pardon edict in them. Dragon document pouches contained recipes AND edicts.

This has been my experience also. I've opened probably a dozen or so of these document pouches and received a single item in each one. The contents are mostly counterfeit pardons, but sometimes its an old provisioning recipe or a treasure map for one of the base game zones. I've found exactly one new furnishing recipe. Is this intentional? The Elsweyr dragon rewards were so much better.
    "A plan? Narsis Dren always has a plan." ~ Narsis Dren
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to add insult to injury the rewards are absolute rubbish...i mean you get what..a random piece of overland gear..a single contraband item..and some ashes...not worth it in the slightest.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    Based on my current experience I don't believe Dwarf's Bane is ever active...

Interesting you say that! My partner was trying to complete that one as his last harrowstorm for the achievement, and waited over two hours for it to show up. He said the previously stubborn Old Karth spawned repeatedly while he was up in the overworld, however. It seems like there's always one storm that only spawns very rarely, and it changes from time to time. That seems pretty unfair to players who don't have all day to camp one spot waiting for that final uncompleted storm for their achievement to pop.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on June 3, 2020 8:47AM
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Harrowstorms are, by nature, chaotic events and the forces controlling them are not as predictable as one might think. If a Harrowstorm has not shown up at a designated location recently, it may behoove you to seek them elsewhere.

In short, Harrowstorms are more random than say... Dark Anchors. They are not a set pattern and there is no guarantee that not seeing one at a specific location for any given time will result in it showing up soon.

This is making the daily where you should do 3 Harrowstorms annoying as hell! If we could at least see on the map which storm is up right now....

Options
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be easier if we could see what storm is active on the map. People have been calling them out in chat but to see an active storm on the map would be best.
    Options
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rate at which Harrowstorms activate is pretty quick but we are looking into reports of "stuck" Harrowstorm locations though thankfully, this is a rare occurrence.

We do appreciate the feedback regarding the Harrowstorms as we want the experience to be rewarding and fun. We use this type of feedback internally for review of these features so it is appreciated.

Took 3 days to get the daily done simply because I didn't want to spend my free time camping a daily quest for an hour +, three separate times. Put an icon on the map and keep the respawn time but expecting players to ride around for hours hoping to find one is not realistic.

In closing, not rewarding, not fun. . .
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started doing Greymoor content over the weekend.

Friday and Saturday I ran into this issue as well, wondering if I was missing some important info on how these worked. I did not get a single one done the entire time I was playing, over the course of two days. Sometimes I went to make a meal and left my char parked by one and waiting, once literally over two hours and zip.

Then playing yesterday, people calling them out in zone (bless you guys!!) helped me get them nearly all completed in Western Skyrim. Also got two done in Blackreach, so I got many done in one day.

Agree with others that a map active icon would be awesome. As Blanche Dubois once said: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers," but dude! can we give the strangers a break? An icon would help everyone! ;)

Options
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harrowstorms are, by nature, chaotic events and the forces controlling them are not as predictable as one might think. If a Harrowstorm has not shown up at a designated location recently, it may behoove you to seek them elsewhere.

In short, Harrowstorms are more random than say... Dark Anchors. They are not a set pattern and there is no guarantee that not seeing one at a specific location for any given time will result in it showing up soon.

That's a terrible excuse for bad design. And I call it bad design because someone thought it was cool not to put any way shrines on the northern coast. At least one shrine near the watch tower would have alleviated this nonsense. Even the dragon strikes weren't this badly designed.

People have waited over an hour and even "sought them elsewhere as it behooved us", random spawns is no excuse for excessive spawn timers. Either make them slightly less random or make the rewards for better for all the waiting.

Rating Harrow Storms 5/10 stars.
    Options
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    The rate at which Harrowstorms activate is pretty quick but we are looking into reports of "stuck" Harrowstorm locations though thankfully, this is a rare occurrence.

We do appreciate the feedback regarding the Harrowstorms as we want the experience to be rewarding and fun. We use this type of feedback internally for review of these features so it is appreciated.

Took 3 days to get the daily done simply because I didn't want to spend my free time camping a daily quest for an hour +, three separate times. Put an icon on the map and keep the respawn time but expecting players to ride around for hours hoping to find one is not realistic.

In closing, not rewarding, not fun. . .

If it wasn't a quest that reset every day, but let's say every 3 days, do you think you'd feel any different?
    Edited by Thoragaal on June 1, 2020 5:51PM
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the Harrowstorms very underwhelming. Not exciting and no better then common Dolmans! Even after a year and a ton of Dragon fights, I still am enjoying them, and their rewards are decent. Everyone was excited that the Dragons had a map icon that showed when they were active and when they are more then 50% down in health (which lets you know if you had a chance to get there before they were done!). I miss that!
    Options
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dragon fights I hated because I felt they were over powered, but the map markers were really great idea.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited over an hour at one the other day. (Northern Watch Ritual Site) You could hear in zone that the storms were all being destroyed elsewhere and respawning, so there were not others being ignored. It just kept getting 'not chosen' in whatever sort of RNG they have for the storms starting up (unless it's a bug like the gryphon boss in Summerset where there was always an instance the boss didn't spawn).

Whatever sort of RNG or pattern there is to the storms, there should not be an hour going by before one of them spawns.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreadful rushed design. Just like the whole expansion.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Most people in game don't even know about the forums so trying to tell them it's random when they think it's on a rotation is also annoying af. "They're like dolmens, so they go in a rotation just like dolmens." Even after LINKING this thread to them... It's STILL a damn argument.

The storm spin ups should last longer than what they are now and there should be some kind of alert system. Even riding with Rapids I'm late almost every damn time because my horse can't walk over a two inch rock.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    j

As far as rewarding goes, so far from what I’ve received at a Harrowstorm, I wouldn’t exaclly say they have been that at all. 3 or 4 pieces of green level loot. I can usually do better with a simple delve boss.

Options
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    The dragon fights I hated because I felt they were over powered

eat some food and you won't get oneshot, it's that simple. because if you think the dragons were OP, harrowstorms have way more stuff that kills you almost instantly even with food compared to an obviously telegraphed breath or wing clip.

the white hp food you find from looting will do, heck even green hp food will be cheaper than the repair bill.
    Sephyr wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. Most people in game don't even know about the forums so trying to tell them it's random when they think it's on a rotation is also annoying af. "They're like dolmens, so they go in a rotation just like dolmens." Even after LINKING this thread to them... It's STILL a damn argument.

I don't even know where that rotation stuff comes from, it was always random and the "rotation" depended on which order you completed that last one. the only difference to before is that the respawn timer is much higher so it's much more noticeable.

there might also be some instance-shenanigans going on, seen someone called a liar for announcing a storm and someone else apparently couldn't see it (assuming he knew how to read a map). so even if a new one pops up as claimed it might be in a different instance.
    Edited by Krym on June 2, 2020 7:25AM
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The idea is good, however, this is not a single player game, and you have tied achievements and grinds to these storms (such as loot bags with motifs and so on). People need a way to complete these in reasonable time. Since the devs are so focused on balancing, the time shouldn't be different than doing 3 geysers or dolmens.

My suggestion to you is to add a map marker same with the dragon spawns, including a status (if the storm is nearly over). This way people can do these without wasting time.

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »
    I don' t agree.

I love the Solitude city and the landscapes, for example.
    But parts defnitely aren't fine tuned enough. And ZOS isn' t known for fixing existing content and polishing the game.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krym wrote: »
    I don't even know where that rotation stuff comes from, it was always random and the "rotation" depended on which order you completed that last one. the only difference to before is that the respawn timer is much higher so it's much more noticeable.

there might also be some instance-shenanigans going on, seen someone called a liar for announcing a storm and someone else apparently couldn't see it (assuming he knew how to read a map). so even if a new one pops up as claimed it might be in a different instance.

I honestly don't know either, to be honest. It's probably just as you stated with the general idea that there could be a created rotation and thusly farmed. At least that's how I farmed dolmens in Cadwell's Silver back in the day when Lich dropped from those things (RIP Dylora's Staff), I'd farm them in a 'rotation' and people would just follow the leader. With Harrowstorms I kind of have a Rapids route where it's a little easier to check the storms in Blackreach, but I'm still getting stalled on the two inch rocks.
    Edited by Sephyr on June 2, 2020 8:42AM
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn Harrowstorms into Weeklies. Problem solved. Whining continues.

All it takes is people updating everyone from all locations. I managed to get 2 in 20mins. I don't expect to complete a daily as fast as other dailies.
    Options
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    There is another issue with the Harrowstorms now .... I've experienced this twice in Western Skyrim .... the storm is up but there are no enemies?
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Krym wrote: »

From dolmens; they do have a rotation. If you close dolmen 1, it will always be dolmen 2 that becomes active, and after that dolmen 3, and then 1 again. That's why the Alik'r train moves on rails, always in the same order.
    Northern Elsweyr Dragons also have some kind of rotation - they will cycle through each of the three spawn locations. Southern Elsweyr Dragons only have two landing zones, so it's not much of a rotation, but they will alternate between north and south zones.
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn , please increase the spawn rate and make them spawn more than one in rhe same time.

Please ZOS !

We can't finish the daily in one day. We need a week or be super lucky to find them in their respawn order.

Please make them spawn 3 in the same time..and lower the spawn rate !

Also , please fix them....they are broken..I often saw the effects appeared like one will spawn ..but no spawn after that.

Thanks in advance!

English is not my native language.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another issue with the Harrowstorms now .... I've experienced this twice in Western Skyrim .... the storm is up but there are no enemies?
    Traveling to a storm and having the effects present but not the monsters sounds troubling so we will look into that.

They are aware of that, been like that from the beginning. The monsters are probably in a different instance than the one you are currently in.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Last night this was also happening with Dolmens: Dolmen active, but no enemies....Not sure anymore if it was in Auridon or Greenshade.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Finn Last night this was also happening with Dolmens: Dolmen active, but no enemies....Not sure anymore if it was in Auridon or Greenshade.

I've seen active dolmens with no enemies since the day the chapter dropped. The first one I saw was in Glenumbra. I also saw a few like that in Reaper's March.
    Options
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last night I had 211 coagulant in my inventory. I haven't bought any, so that means I have done over 200 harrowstorms. It is not difficult to get the daily done.

Additionally, the reason there are so many one-shots in the storms right now is because, based on what I observed doing over 200 harrowstorms, people are not doing the mechanics.

The one shots by and large come from the very annoying and difficult to deal with mobs that spawn during the course of the storm. However, players have the ability to prevent those mobs from spawning in the first place. KILL THE GHOSTS. no ghosts going to any pillars = no mobs spawn.

If there are three people at the storm, one person should be on each pillar killing the ghosts at that pillar, and damaging the pillar a bit in between ghost waves. Instead, what I see is everyone stacking on one pillar, ignoring the ghosts. Then they get overwhelmed with mobs and everyone dies.
    Options
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The whole Harrowstorms setup is just a mess. People are sitting at these thing sometimes for an hour waiting for them to spawn. Think about this, you sit at one wasting your time and nothing happens and then you see in chat there is one up and you can't get there. There is no wayshrine near you and there is none near where you are going. For guild event this is a nonstarter and once I get then done once that will be it. Sorry but this part of the chapter is a complete and total failure.
    Options