Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Codex entries lost with Waking Flame update

• Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    all of my guildies are missing leads and codex entries....i hope they're doing something today -.-'
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 57K+ Achievement Points
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all of my guildies are missing leads and codex entries....i hope they're doing something today -.-'

No fix. No communication.

Colour me surprised. Or not.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on August 31, 2021 4:03PM
    PC | EU
  • Borg
    Borg
    ✭✭
    Not entirely fixed ...

Leads :
    Those lost with Waking Flame patch weren't recovered.
    Those obtained between Waking Flame patch and today's fix which weren't linked to a lost codex entry are still there.
    Those obtained between Waking Flame patch and today's fix which were linked to a lost codex entry have now disappeared (I actually kept them in case regaining one codex entry could mess up with a fix).

Lost codex entries :
    I get back all codex entries I had before IF I obtained their lead between Waking Flame patch and today's fix.
    All codex entries from which I didn't re-obtained a lead during this week are still missing.

No idea if gaining a lead linked to a codex entry that was lost will reveal the item with all codex known pre-patch.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hotfix will stop this issue from happening after we bring the PC/Mac & Stadia servers back online tomorrow morning. We are still investigating a fix for players who have already encountered this issue and are missing Antiquities Codex entries and leads.

From the hotfix patchnotes.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584434
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    This hotfix will stop this issue from happening after we bring the PC/Mac & Stadia servers back online tomorrow morning. We are still investigating a fix for players who have already encountered this issue and are missing Antiquities Codex entries and leads.

That was last week’s hotfix.

Has there been anything official since? It seems some people got some codex entries back but certainly not everyone (speaking from PC-NA).
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Nope, Still Missing all these that i had before patch. :(

6 Codex for Pearls of Ehlnofey
    3 Codex for Snow Treaders
    3 Codex for Thrassian Stranglers
    6 Codex for Bloodlord's Embrace
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Auridon
    All 3 Codex for St. Alessia, Paravant
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Grahtwood
    All 3 Codex for Greensong Gathering Circle
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Greenshade
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Malabal Tor
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Reaper’s March
    All 3 Codex for Shocklancer Construction Crate
    All 3 Codex for Sorcerer-King’s Blade
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of The Alik’r Desert
    All 3 Codex for Ancestral Orc Leg Greaves
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Bangkorai
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Glenumbra
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Rivenspire
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Stormhaven
    All 3 Codex for Ancestral Orc Axes
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Deshaan
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Eastmarch
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Shadowfen
    All 3 Codex for Nest of Shadows
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Stonefalls
    All 3 Codex for Ashen Infernace Gate
    All 3 Codex for Firelancer Construction Crate
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of The Rift
    All 3 Codex for Ebony Fox Totem
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of the Gold Coast
    All 3 Codex for Golden Idol of Morihaus
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Hew’s Bane
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Murkmire
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Northern Elsweyr
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Southern Elsweyr
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Summerset
    All 3 Codex for Ancient Extraction Tool
    All 3 Codex for Red Eagle Cave Painting
    All 3 Codex for Vampiric Stained Glass
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Vvardenfell
    All 3 Codex for Sixth House Ritual Table
    All 3 Codex for St. Nerevar, Moon-And-Star
    All 3 Codex for Antique Map of Wrothgar
    All 3 Codex for Tusks of the Orc-Father
    All 3 Codex for Seat of the Snow Prince

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

That was last week’s hotfix.

Has there been anything official since? It seems some people got some codex entries back but certainly not everyone (speaking from PC-NA).

They haven't posted any new information to that thread, I'm assuming they'll update it when they know more.
  • Marcelovski
    Marcelovski
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still missing 125 codex entries I had before (yes i counted), so it is definitely not fixed yet.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like Borg, I lost a lot of leads last week, due to expiration. I had however found several in the days after Waking Flame. With this maintenance today, many of the leads I had picked up in the last week vanished again. I'm less sure about codex status.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be fixed now? I have all codex entries from the craglorn spellscar thingies back, also cleansing bowl and the wading kilt leads, which I knew they had disappeared.

Whatever they did, it worked for me
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have all the codex entries for a number of purple leads that disappeared.

ONE of them has come back. I found one lead of that antiquity - "Sweet Khenarthi's Song" - which should have been at 3 codex entries since I have previously found 3 of the item: it was reduced to 0, then I found 1, which gave me 1 codex entry, then it suddenly appears to have regained all 4 items and I still appear to have the lead that I in fact dug up yesterday (?!?)

I am however missing all the codex entries for the following:

2 antiquities in Malabal Tor (Silvenari Sap-Stone, Hollowbone Wind Chimes),
    1 in Grahtwood (Eight-Star Chandelier).
    1 in Stormhaven (Noble Knight's Rest)
    1 in Vvardenfell (Sixth House Ritual Table)

I have 3 or more of all three of these antiquities in my storage chests, but none in inventory.
    Edited by jle30303 on September 1, 2021 2:56AM
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still missing entries on 21 leads in the codex, which is down from the 27 that I was missing when U31 went live. Six seemed to have returned with all of their entries and counts appearing to be correct. I think each is related to leads I picked up duplicates of recently as I've been playing.

The ones that returned for me: Moth Priest Cleansing Bowl, Spell Scar Shard, St. Alessia Paravant, Z'en Idol, Glass Skeletal Visage, and the Great Eltheric Pearl.

• Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I guess that missing codex entries will be restored if you find a new lead from that entry?
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to know what the process is for restoring lost codex entries. If they have the data then why haven’t all entries been restored? Why only some?
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheridan wrote: »
    So, I guess that missing codex entries will be restored if you find a new lead from that entry?

I accidentally tried it. Got a lead for something that had 2 or 3 codex entries before the update. It's revealed but still at zero entries and I haven't tried excavating it yet.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that makes the list entries magically reappear, because I excavated a new lead to a furnishing I've gotten before and after excavating it shows only 1 entry.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Thaeryndhel
    Thaeryndhel
    ✭✭
    Had all of the disappeared entries returned after hotfix but the bug persists - just had the Beacon of Tower Zero reset to 0/3 that I previously had at 3/3.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi Everyone. We want to share an update regarding missing Antiquities Codex entries. For those still missing Antiquities Codex entries, these missing entries will return after the incremental maintenance scheduled for Tuesday, September 7. Please let us know if there are any additional questions after the incremental maintenance and we can address them. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. We want to share an update regarding missing Antiquities Codex entries. For those still missing Antiquities Codex entries, these missing entries will return after the incremental maintenance scheduled for Tuesday, September 7. Please let us know if there are any additional questions after the incremental maintenance and we can address them. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thanks for the update. What about the deleted leads, will this be addressed also?
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, just noticed this on my toon today.
  • Borg
    Borg
    ✭✭
    After today's patch :
    Every leads I had before today's patch are still there :smile:
    Most codex entries are back (for me) but not all.
    Two leads I got between last week fix and today's patch have still no codex entries - I have not excavate them yet. (I lost their codex entries with Waking Flame).

Thus, last week fix gave back codex entries if the lead was recovered.
    Today's patch gave back codex entries if no lead was recovered.
    No idea of what happened to people who excavated an item which codex entries were impacted.
  • Thaeryndhel
    Thaeryndhel
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin, the missing entries for some leads haven't returned after maintenance (Ebony Fox Totem/Beacon of Tower Zero).
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    For me most of codex entries were restored....some furnishing were left out of the fix, but it's better than doing ALL mythic item 3 times again :smile: thanks zos!
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 57K+ Achievement Points
  • Marcelovski
    Marcelovski
    ✭✭✭
    All my codex entries have returned except Voidshard Anomaly for whatever reason.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    All my codex entries have returned except Voidshard Anomaly for whatever reason.

the answer is in the name : it's an anomaly >:)
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of codex entries returned but not all of them. Still missing:
    • Echoes of Aldmeris - I have 1/3 that I dug up last week, it should be 3/3 because I have two more of these placed in one of my houses.
    • Maormeri Serpent Shrine - 1/3, one dug up last week, should be 2/3.
    • Sixth House Ritual Table - post-U31 found but never scried one lead. It shows as 0/3, should be 1/3 or 2/3.
    • Seat of the Snow Prince - shows 0/3, should be 3/3, same situation with finding a lead.
    • Ancestral High Elf: Bows - found extra lead post-U31.
    • Ancestral Nord: Daggers - same as above.
  • Iltheradin
    Iltheradin
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, many have returned, but a few still are missing;

- St. Alessia, Paravant ( Grahtwood )
    - Z'en Idol ( Blackwood)
    - Kothringi Tidal Canoe ( Blackwood )
    - Void-Crystal Anomaly ( Coldharbour )

I have 3 of each of these in my houses. But they have no codex entries and it says I've found 0
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of mine have returned but one has not been corrected. The Ancient Extraction Tool from The Reach shows one Dug up where I've found 4 of them in total - 3 before the blip and one I scryed and dug up a to fill a daily endeavor
  • WildLight
    WildLight
    ✭✭✭
    Still missing a few entries:

- Maormeri Serpent Shrine
    - Echoes of Aldmeris
    - Greensong Gathering Circle
    - Silvenari Sap-Stone
    - Noble Knight's Rest

And I love how the suddenly expired leads question being continuously ignored, not even an official statement like "Yep, we decided to put a timer on all of them and didn't tell you beforehand to make it a surprise!"