The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LEADS AND CODEX are BACK!

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Completely restored ! Today's fix has worked !
Thank you ZOS, thanks devs thanks so much !!!
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on August 31, 2021 4:04PM
    PC | EU
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, a nice surprise as I expected them to fail and the leads to be lost forever.

Glad to be wrong :D
    Edited by ZigoSid on August 31, 2021 4:02PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am listening from some friends... the fix is not for everyone, unfortunatly. But I am sure it is a matter of time. They are working about.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could say the same,my leads are all gone but my codex entries are back...
    So it seems that leads,even being doubled ot more,have timers now.

Utterly disappointed,I have nor space nor use for all the furniture leads I had acumulated and had them sitting there for the day I decide I need them for a house.
    I used every furniture at least once,and when I found the lead again,I left it there without scyring.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could say the same,my leads are all gone but my codex entries are back...

Utterly disappointed,I have nor space nor use for all the furniture leads I had acumulated and had them sitting there for the day I decide I need them for a house.
    I used every furniture at least once,and when I found the lead again,I left it there without scyring.

I did the same with my antiquities. It was a smart way to manage the Antiquity System. But they decided to put that damn countdown.... OK Zos, I won't full up all my houses with garbage. I will leave some leads to expire... Hope that the RNG applied to leads will be the same for each lead, neither too frequent nor too rare. Hope. Hope. Hope.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmh still missing entries from the mythic items - though to be fair - ZOS might still be working in this issue.
    I'm happy though that some peeps got their codexes fixed! :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I did the same with my antiquities. It was a smart way to manage the Antiquity System. But they decided to put that damn countdown.... OK Zos, I won't full up all my houses with garbage. I will leave some leads to expire... Hope that the RNG applied to leads will be the same for each lead, neither too frequent nor too rare. Hope. Hope. Hope.

Thing is,some furniture I see myself using at some point but others...maybe one day? I wont dig out all the stuff just to stuff up my storage houses with lead furniture.
    The antiquity system was good as how it was,I dislike when they change something what was good -.-
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!!!!!!! <3<3<3 ZOS
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing is,some furniture I see myself using at some point but others...maybe one day? I wont dig out all the stuff just to stuff up my storage houses with lead furniture.
    The antiquity system was good as how it was,I dislike when they change something what was good -.-

I agree. But how can we make them change their mind?

• Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    My entries are still missing, unfortunately... :( Maybe the restoration is a gradual process.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. But how can we make them change their mind?

We can't,but we can still ''hope'' it was not intended and they change it back to no timer.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like an amazing result. Whoever worked through it deserves a cheer.

I don’t think anyone could expect expired leads to be restored but I had my doubts about them being able to fix the codex entries. I wonder how much is still missing for people?
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only some of my codex entries came back, lots of furniture still missing:
    • Ayleid Lightwell from Bethnikh
    • The Dutiful Guar from Bal Foyen
    • Ebony Fox Totem from the Rift
    • Echoes of Aldmeris from Auridon
    • Greensong Gathering Circle from Greenshade
    • The Heartland from Alik'r
    • Hollowbone Wind Chimes from Malabal Tor
    • Jeweled Skull of Ayleid Kings from Glenumbra
    • Kingmaker's Trove from Glenumbra
    • Maormeri Serpent Shrine from Auridon
    • Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool from Southern Elsweyr
    • Morwha's Blessing from Hew's Bane
    • Remnant of the False Tower from Rivenspire
    • Riven King's Throne from Rivenspire
    • Ruby Dragon Skull from Bleakrock Isle
    • Seat of the Snow Prince from Western Skyrim
    • Shrine of Boethra from Southern Elsweyr
    • Silvenari Sap-Stone from Malabal Tor
    • Sixth House Ritual Table from Vvardenfell
    • Sorcerer-King's Blade from Reaper's March
    • St. Alessia, Paravant from I don't remember where
    • St. Nerevar, Moon-and-Star from Vvardenfell
    • Sweet Khenarthi's Song from Khenarthi's Roost
    • Tusks of the Orc-Father from Wrothgar
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »

I don’t think anyone could expect expired leads to be restored but I had my doubts about them being able to fix the codex entries. I wonder how much is still missing for people?

Only that they werent expired with the old system.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only that they werent expired with the old system.

Yeah, I don’t think the old system was ever going to be put back in place. That wasn’t the bug; it was an intentional (but unannounced) change. The bug was screwing the codex up.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don’t think the old system was ever going to be put back in place. That wasn’t the bug; it was an intentional (but unannounced) change. The bug was screwing the codex up.

Why not announce it? Why this poor communication?
    We must understand the changes by deduction or conclusive facts ...

• GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the main codex thread, @NeeScrolls suggested it’s just down to basic human error.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In the main codex thread, @NeeScrolls suggested it’s just down to basic human error.

I think it likely is. Never attribute to malice and all that…

But there is a long-standing pattern of things that should be mentioned failing to be mentioned, ranging from the very minor to the very impactful. Just like how bugs are often prioritized by how widespread and impactful they are, the more impactful and widespread the change is, the more important it is to communicate it clearly and well ahead of time. This is far from the first time critical changes have not been mentioned, including even in this same update cycle, and it is all the more critical to work on improving communication when a pattern of errors continues to give a poor and/or mistaken impression to the audience. When we told them that some of the changes for Update 31 were already missing from the week 1 PTS patch notes, that should have been a cue to go back internally and make sure everything was mentioned, not just the things we pointed out to them on the forums.

Have they even actually stated here on the official forums that the change to timers was intentional? All I’ve seen are statements that the missing codex entries were a bug, nothing about the lead timer changes being intentional. But I could have missed it.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am listening from some friends... the fix is not for everyone, unfortunatly. But I am sure it is a matter of time. They are working about.

This fixed nothing for me at all.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

ALL LEADS I HAD ALREADY DUG UP FOR TWO different MYTHICS ARE GONE. These were not leads still pending in my queue to be dug up; I already had them and the entire items just disappeared with the update, as if I had never found them. Now I have to start all over again since this did not return them to me.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

This fixed nothing for me at all.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

ALL LEADS I HAD ALREADY DUG UP FOR TWO different MYTHICS ARE GONE. These were not leads still pending in my queue to be dug up; I already had them and the entire items just disappeared with the update, as if I had never found them. Now I have to start all over again since this did not return them to me.

I am missing mine as well.

Was there a fix officially announced or is this just certain players reporting their own codex entries are back?
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy for those for whom it worked but for me all my leads lost at last week's maintenance are still lost.

Will TESO do anything? To be seen...
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, here's the post in case 'Rishikesa108' (or whomever) wanted to read it quick--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7369062#Comment_7369062

p.s. I'm still going thru all my various Codex entries from past 7+ years trying to figure out "hmm, did i already have that one before the bug or not?" B)
    Edited by NeeScrolls on September 1, 2021 12:50AM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »

Yep, here's the post in case 'Rishikesa108' (or whomever) wanted to read it quick--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7369062#Comment_7369062

p.s. I'm still going thru all my various Codex entries from past 7+ years trying to figure out "hmm, did i already have that one before the bug or not?" B)

Codex did not exist 7 years ago. They were introduced with antiquities with Greymoor.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, mine are still missing. Don't know all of the ones I had off the top of my head, but I know I should have all of the Greymoor Ancestral motifs and some of the Vvardenfell furnishings (the bust and the table), and none of those came back.

Still wish we would have gotten a warning before I lost all of the leads I was just letting sit there...

Ah well. I could be more mad about this bug, but I also got hit with the one that wiped the storage chests. I can handle repopulating my codex over time now that I at least have my gear back.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, they sometimes focus so much on fixing things rather than figuring out how to make that functionality part of the game.

ian-malcolm.gif

The old way is how they should have worked, players don't have infinite storage space. And just because you're not in need of that furniture at the time you get the lead, doesn't mean you won't want it in the future. And it's not like the drop rate on them is really generous so it's trivial to go pick up another one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2021 3:38AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm confused about situation.

- Before the issue: Under "Antiquities" / "All active leads", I had all my green, blue and purple items, each with the amount of times I found it.
    - Today: In this same list, I now have lot of green items (all I think, not sure how to verify that), 1 blue and 3 purple. I still miss all my blue and purple from before.

So I would say that in my case, issue isn't fixed?
    But, some of you seem to say that something has changed with leads? Does it mean that for all the blue and purple missing in my list, its because their lead time did reset and I have to get the corresponding lead again?

Could someone please clarify/explain? Thank you
    Edited by DreamyLu on September 1, 2021 1:04PM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still missing
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought from the beginning you had to dig up leads within 30 days or so or they expired. I even think I remember reading about that when they revealed antiquities. Are you saying that the timers were just turned on recently?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I thought from the beginning you had to dig up leads within 30 days or so or they expired. I even think I remember reading about that when they revealed antiquities. Are you saying that the timers were just turned on recently?

You had a timer for the first time you did find the lead,if you did dig it up and found the lead again,it didn't had any timer.
    Which was nice because like that you could let leads stay there instead of digging them up withoud needing them.With mythical item leads it isnt such a big deal as those parts arent ending up in our inventory,bank or storage spaces like furniture does.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Some leads expired as noted, but others did not. As of the most recent update (31), all of them do now. Unfortunately they implemented that in such a way that any leads that would have already expired were retroactively made to expire without warning, and those removed leads bugged their respective codex entries in many cases.