The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Codex entries lost with Waking Flame update

• DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    I lost more than 40 leads and I now only have 2 left, the ones missing are the ones that previously had no timer.

I really hope they will be able to restore them, I don't have much free time, so that's why they piled up, I was planning to finally scry them during vacations from work.
  • Merlin59
    Merlin59
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,
    I saw yesterday after patch that i had lost lots of antiquities leads about 20 to 30.
    All were noted 33D for expiration date. And i'm sure because a few days ago, we had to do excavations for daily's endeavors. So i did those that had less than 33D.
    I didn't have time to see about Codex.
    Yesterday, there were only 7 left, and these were noted 15D to 18D (see below).
    My wife have same problem, she lost a lot of them too.
    My Id is @Ladague

Regards.

https://ibb.co/bzfZN3v

Edited by Merlin59 on August 24, 2021 8:54AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I checked my alt account this morning where I had been significantly more lax with the leads than in my main account.

All the leads I had - fortunately none were Ancestral Akaviri/Reach - and their corresponding codex entries are gone.

Mostly purple/gold furniture leads but also a few purple Ancestral motifs all of which I was keeping to help level up a third character on that account (Artaeum might be more time-efficient but going from 1 to 9 there is... too monotonous and repetitive for my brain to take it).

Not sure what to make of this.

Is it loathing? is it contempt? or just negligence?
  • RealBlue
    RealBlue
    Same problem here lost lot of antiques leads and have some a few remain with the invalid expire dates., my question is hotfix will fix all everyone's or only who reported. ? btw my game id: @realblue
    Edited by RealBlue on August 24, 2021 9:24AM
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

Is it loathing? is it contempt? or just negligence?

A good mix from all of them...

Don´tknow how much are lost on my account...around ten i think

"In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    So, the maintenance is done and we didn't get all the lost leads back, sad, I lost more than 40 of those.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Hello Gina, any chance you guys can restore those for us?

Just in case, my username is @viperflame and one of my characters name is Cylthia Springshade, playing on PC EU.

Thanks in advance
    Edited by DahliaNightshade on August 25, 2021 2:35PM
  • RealBlue
    RealBlue
    So, the maintenance is done and we didn't get all the lost leads back, sad, I lost more than 40 of those.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Hello Gina, any chance you guys can restore those for us?

Just in case, my username is @viperflame and one of my characters name is Cylthia Springshade

Thanks in advance

I just read it "https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584434"
    "This hotfix will stop this issue from happening after we bring the PC/Mac & Stadia servers back online tomorrow morning. We are still investigating a fix for players who have already encountered this issue and are missing Antiquities Codex entries and leads"

that hotfix was for stop this issue. so for us they are still investigating....
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, I read that and then I forgot about it, thank you for pointing it out.

Cheers
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to post as well that some leads (but not all strangely) are still missing as well as the codex entries, so thank you for quoting that about the fix only being to put a stopper in the problem.

I guess I'll add myself to the list of people affected: @oterwitz on PCNA. Honestly just glad its this and not the housing storage chest bug.

Edit: Oh I just realized the missing leads are those that would have expired, had there been timers, as others have said.
    Edited by oterWitz on August 24, 2021 11:32AM
    PC NA
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have logged in after the hotfix and the leads that would not have had timers on before the latest patch still have timers on them so I presume that this is unintended behaviour that you are intending to keep and retcon it as if it was intended all along yes?

Because the alternative is that this was intended and deliberate and you didn't think that people losing their leads - I am prepared to concede that the vanishing codex entries might have been unforeseen given the switft hotfix - mattered enough to warrant giving us a heads up.

I just don't know which scenario is the worst look.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Honestly just glad its this and not the housing storage chest bug.

What is, or was, the "housing storage chest bug"?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Honestly just glad its this and not the housing storage chest bug.

What is, or was, the "housing storage chest bug"?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584452/help-all-of-my-stuff-disappeared-from-my-storage-chests#latest
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, thanks-- I saw that thread right after I asked, and was just coming back to say "Nevermind, I see it."

I haven't looked yet to see if I'm experiencing this, too, but will be logging into the game in a little while and will report back (in the proper thread) if it's affecting me, too.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have lost a lot of codex entries as well

It says I have not found any Rings of the Wild Hunt even though I did find it a long time ago, same for Malacaths Band of Brutality and a lot of other things

PC-NA ID Tx12001

Between this and the missing storage, this is unacceptable, we need a rollback now.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    RealBlue wrote: »
    "This hotfix will stop this issue from happening after we bring the PC/Mac & Stadia servers back online tomorrow morning. We are still investigating a fix for players who have already encountered this issue and are missing Antiquities Codex entries and leads"

I have a hunch that this "still investigating" thing actually means we will never get anything back.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheridan wrote: »
    RealBlue wrote: »

I have a hunch that this "still investigating" thing actually means we will never get anything back.

Likely, I suppose. I'm not sure what else they can do. They could load up a pre-U31 copy of the database and cross-check it with the Live database, making sure everyone's leads match the old copy. Not really feasible even for a large company like ZOS. I propose they give us the permissions to add whichever leads we've lost to our own accounts from a list of all of them up to a maximum of everything.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For starters, they should get rid of antiquity lead timers, entirely. There is no good reason for them having an expiry date.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, for antiquity furniture: There's pretty much no way to get rid of it, other than placing it, so if you own 3 copies of that piece of furniture, it can be *assumed* automatically that you should know all the codex entries. If you have 1 copy, you know 1 codex entry. And so on.

Sadly this is not true for motifs, since those are tradable, so it's possible to know the motif by having bought it on the marketplace, without actually knowing the (single) codex entry.
  • Merlin59
    Merlin59
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

@ZOS, i can hear that there was "perhaps" a bug on your side around expiration date of the leads, no offense.
    But the players are not responsible of that. For me (and for many people), 33 Days means that there is no expiration date on this lead, because other leads showed a real date of expiration.

You should understand that we can't afford the loss of so many leads.
    The least thing would have been to warn us that this update would bring us loss of these leads, and perhaps warn us to do all leads available before the patch.

Regards.

NB : @ZOS_GinaBruno : what is your opinion on this subject ? thanks.

Edited by Merlin59 on August 24, 2021 1:00PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to restore us somehow. I have lost lots of leads and countless codex. Don't they care about our wild grinding to get leads? Get leads is the most difficult activity due to the damn RNG... and they just let them vanish away.
    It sounds like a joke, but the weekly endeavour requires 20 digs this week.
    Have I to take pictures of my trophies, achievements, lorebooks, motifs, stuff in housing-chests, and maybe even gold and crowns ???
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weekly endeavour isn't an issue since the green treasure leads (and blue ones) are always available. Codex factoids disappearing is a serious pain though.
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    They have to restore us somehow. I have lost lots of leads and countless codex. Don't they care about our wild grinding to get leads? Get leads is the most difficult activity due to the damn RNG... and they just let them vanish away.
    Have I to take pictures of my trophies, achievements, lorebooks, motifs, stuff in housing-chests, and maybe even gold and crowns ???

I feel for you, lost a lot of leads myself, but the 20 leads shouldn't be a problem. You can dig the normal green and blue zone treasures for this one.
  • Merlin59
    Merlin59
    Soul Shriven
    Re,

@jle30303 : i do not agree with you. This week an endeavor asked to do a purple/gold lead.
    I never said endeavor has a problem, problem is the loss of 20+ leads.
    Edited by Merlin59 on August 24, 2021 1:25PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »

I feel for you, lost a lot of leads myself, but the 20 leads shouldn't be a problem. You can dig the normal green and blue zone treasures for this one.

It is not a problem, it sounds like a joke
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please answer these questions:

1) in the Update31 was in program to make to expiration the leads already known and already dug ? until now we have had leads expiring just when they were unknown
    2) if it was in program for this Update31.... why wasn't it written on the scheduled changes ?
    3) if it was not in program.... why do we still have known leads that expire? after this morning's patch I expected the known leads to return without expiration
    4) Is it to be considered definitive that all leads are to expire ?

Please give us answers, because this fact is very very important, and I can't afford to have lost leads and codex without answers.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FixedAmazingCaimanlizard-max-1mb.gif
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding my name to the list of people who lost leads due to a new expiration timer on previously dug leads.

This is especially annoying as I save these leads up for when there are antiquities related endeavors so I have interesting things to dig - the timing on this is particularly bad as one of the weeklies is 20 antiquities. I had a load of non-timer leads sitting waiting and they are now gone.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

After update 31 I lost a lot of leads both already found and still to be excavated.
    Fortunately at this link you can see the ones I had before the patch.
    A lot of them right now are bugged on my account :(

https://www.eso-database.com/en/character/pozza-morta/12955800/antiquities/

Ty
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is in response to the following post in another (closed) thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7370224/#Comment_7370224

It isn't necessarily "stupid" that leads can expire.

First of all, when you get a lead for something, the lead isn't for a specific location; it's really only for a zone. You have to use your abilities and tools to scry for its location within that zone. Depending on your degree of success at scrying the lead, you might end up with several different possible locations that you must excavate, and you might end up excavating several false locations before you actually find whatever object the lead was for. Also, you can damage the item's casing to the point that it ends up being destroyed and a new mound within the same area needs to be discovered and excavated. And that isn't stupid, because you don't actually know whether the casing contained whatever object you were looking for until you've successfully excavated it and looked inside the casing. (Just because the game doesn't make us open a container, or show us opening it, that doesn't mean we didn't gave to, because the game clearly shows that we're excavating a container, so it's understood that we don't know for sure what's inside the container until we've successfully excavated it and looked inside.)

And second, there is historical precedence within the game series that an artifact can vanish from someone's inventory and be "lost" again until someone hears about its new location. Arena, the very first Elder Scrolls game, established that behavior and set that precedence.

But even for antiquities which aren't "magical legendary artifacts," we don't need to explain the expiration of leads by saying that the object magically disappeared and was "lost" again. After all, just because our character got a lead doesn't mean that no one else in Tamriel got a lead for that same antiquity. Maybe someone else excavated the antiquity before we did, since we let the lead we'd discovered "sit around and collect dust" instead of going after the antiquity in a timely manner?
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get an update, please? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    There has been no acknowledgement from ZOS on all of our lost leads.
    This morning's hotfix neither mentioned nor fixed the issue, and there is nothing about any Antiquities changes in the U31 patch notes that would account for this loss.
      PC/NA Warden Main