The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS please answer my questions (leads and codex vanished)

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno please answer these questions:

1) in the Update31 was in program to make to expiration the leads already known and already dug ? until now we have had leads expiring just when they were unknown
2) if it was in program for this Update31.... why wasn't it written on the scheduled changes ?
3) if it was not in program.... why do we still have known leads that expire? after this morning's patch I expected the known leads to return without expiration
4) Is it to be considered definitive that all leads are to expire ?

Please give us answers, because this fact is very very important, and I can't afford to have lost leads and codex without answers.
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leads should never expire. This is just stupid video game logic where something can be buried in the ground for hundreds/thousands of years only to expire in 30 days cause I found out where it was. Just silly, they need to remove this garbage from the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leads should never expire. This is just stupid video game logic where something can be buried in the ground for hundreds/thousands of years only to expire in 30 days cause I found out where it was. Just silly, they need to remove this garbage from the game.

It's silly, yes, but the "explanation" is that if you dawdle, some other Lara Croft/Indiana Jones Lady Laurent/Fennorian-type antiquitarian or treasure hunter hears the same rumor and gets to it first.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) No - the link at the top of the page clearly states that this morning’s patch would not return deleted codex entries. It just prevented them from being deleted for players who hadn’t yet logged in and lost them.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584434

EDIT: link doesn’t mention lost leads.
    Edited by GenjiraX on August 24, 2021 4:02PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We are aware and are currently investigating the issue with codex/leads disappearing. With that being said, since there is already a thread opened on this subject, we're going to go ahead and close this one down. To consolidate all feedback, we ask that you continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.