The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Codex entries lost with Waking Flame update

• K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    I don’t see how this could’ve been a bug fix gone wrong because it would have been mentioned in the patch notes.

There is always a lot of stuff that they never mention in the patch notes, both in live and PTS patches.
  • Scav1985
    Scav1985
    Same. Lost some active leads (blue, purple and gold ones). ID Scavv, PC/EU.
    Edited by Scav1985 on August 23, 2021 5:07PM
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    I don’t see how this could’ve been a bug fix gone wrong because it would have been mentioned in the patch notes.

There is always a lot of stuff that they never mention in the patch notes, both in live and PTS patches.

Er, why? What’s the point of patch notes if they’re not comprehensive?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't know if the infinite timer on previously-excavated leads was intended. I'm betting that there was a bugfix for "Fixed an issue where the timer on previously-excavated leads doesn't count down properly."

That note just didn't make it into the patch notes on PTS or live. If it had been seen on PTS, we might have been able to notice this then, but I know I wasn't checking my leads when I played around there.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @blktauna PCEU

Same I see the ring of the wild hunt parts all showing as undiscovered yet I have one in a box and one on a character. same for malacath and pale order. Same for bits of other special ones. I can't tell specifically on the regular ones but there's a lot less of them than before.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »

Er, why? What’s the point of patch notes if they’re not comprehensive?

I don't mean this answer to be "snarky" , but as someone who worked on a Dev Team for another MMO , generally the real reason is simple: Human error. (they just get overwhelmed and forget)

Most players of course like to believe it's something far more complex & nefarious, like a grand conspiracy to "trick" the players into madness while the "evil" coders twist their hot-pocket-greased mustaches, MUHAHAHAHAHA!! >:)

p.s. Being an obsessive collector type myself, this thread has made afraid to login to ESO now ugh....
    Edited by NeeScrolls on August 23, 2021 6:09PM
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, seem to have lost a few leads too and also a lot of items have a never found status although they have a codex entry.

Noticed it seems already once found leads now have a timer on them, wasn't so pre-update31 where only first time found leads had a timer on them (Display Leads add-on). Anyone confirm?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think I have lost any leads, only recently I finished levelling antiquities to 9 with yet another character and I was building up purple ones for the next.

I guess I will have to accelerate the timetable.

I had a cursory look and the codex entries seem to still be there though. Haven't checked every single one though.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »
    Hmm, seem to have lost a few leads too and also a lot of items have a never found status although they have a codex entry.

Noticed it seems already once found leads now have a timer on them, wasn't so pre-update31 where only first time found leads had a timer on them (Display Leads add-on). Anyone confirm?

That seems to be the issue.

the DisplayLeads addon reported an expiration of 33d for anything that had been dug up previously and it never moved, so for all intents and purposes they were permanent. I think in the vanilla UI they did have timers, but those timers would run out at 0 and then just persist. Now with U31, those vanilla timers are correct again and anything that was persisting at 0 just got lost... with the side effect that any codex entries for those things vanished along with the leads.

It mostly punished people who were hoarding leads for endeavors or who didn't feel the need to dig up their 15th Void Crystal and just let it sit in there since you can't sell antiquity furnishings.

It reminds me of the mail thing - the timers never used to work on the mail and then all of a sudden they turned them on. At least with that there was a warning so we could screenshot anything we wanted to keep and empty any mails we had. As for this one, the annoying part is that it was a surprise. If we had known, I'd have spend yesterday clearing my leads list, but now it's gone.

PSA console players: do your leads now.
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »

That seems to be the issue.

the DisplayLeads addon reported an expiration of 33d for anything that had been dug up previously and it never moved, so for all intents and purposes they were permanent. I think in the vanilla UI they did have timers, but those timers would run out at 0 and then just persist. Now with U31, those vanilla timers are correct again and anything that was persisting at 0 just got lost... with the side effect that any codex entries for those things vanished along with the leads.

It mostly punished people who were hoarding leads for endeavors or who didn't feel the need to dig up their 15th Void Crystal and just let it sit in there since you can't sell antiquity furnishings.

It reminds me of the mail thing - the timers never used to work on the mail and then all of a sudden they turned them on. At least with that there was a warning so we could screenshot anything we wanted to keep and empty any mails we had. As for this one, the annoying part is that it was a surprise. If we had known, I'd have spend yesterday clearing my leads list, but now it's gone.

PSA console players: do your leads now.

Yeah, thought this could well be the issue. Sound advice for console players indeed.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was saving dozens of purple and golden leads to power level scrying/gravedigging on another character... They're all gone now. Sad.... Along with plenty ancestral motif pages. Only have two purple leads left, which are the ones that actually had a timer because I had never excavated them before.

I'm not sure when this is going to be fixed... If at all. Please don't tell us there's no fix to this.... Roll my account back to the day prior to the patch, I don't mind. Just bring back my precious list please... :cry:
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had over 30 leads and now its all wiped out
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lost a boat load of progress too given that I had a log of unscryed duplicate leads.

Before the patch I only needed the unreleased Antique Map of Blackwood leads.

Now I'm showing 27 additional leads each which have 0 code entries. Bits from various mytics, lots of furnishings, a few motif chapters. Each of them wiped out.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on August 23, 2021 8:14PM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed gaem has forgotten all Blackwood Ayleid Wells I've discovered and intracted with. I had unlocked all Blckwood wayshrines and now some are inconsistently undiscovered but have option to travel there. I may have lost few leads but had enough left for the weekly (and after doing the 20 digs did not have any energy to research game amnesia more.)
    Edited by rpa on August 23, 2021 8:27PM
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here: lost a lot of purple and gold leads. Kodex is also messed up. (@majia, PC EU)
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU, @Peppo_Lives - half greymoor Ancestral motifs missing (no ancestral reach/akaviri was hit) almost all mythic affected, all leads awaiting for scrying gone (beside the basic green ones) codex messed up
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • comicfan22
    comicfan22
    ✭✭
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as the rest, @comicfan22 on PC NA. All the leads with the timer than ran out have had their entries deleted including hard to farm ultimate leads I was saving for days like today with antiquity endeavors, please fix this.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm @Rishikesa108 PC EU. Today I was able to get a lead that I already had... just because my previous lead was gone. It was about a furnishing: Sixth House Ritual Table from Vvardenfell. Note that now it seems that I never dug it... but I have 7 in my houses and bank.
    And... taking a look at my active leads... all my purple ones are gone (mostly furnishing and motifs).

a1ntuymbu1d3.png

tcvougu1c095.png
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    I'm @Gandalf_72 PC EU.

I have same issue.
    For example, you can see in my house:
    there are several Void-Crystal Anomaly

5j0ztermfb3b.png

but you can see my Quest Journal in Antiquities tab:

pxq6833jvhwd.png

gp91qopkl1gl.png

It is impossible... I have in my house a lot of Void-Crystal Anomaly but I have never dug them !!
    PC | EU
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix incoming (hopefully) for those of us too afraid to download the update and play the game. Doesn’t (yet) address the losses for those who had them, or the day’s play (including endeavours daily and a day of the weekly) lost for us. It’s about as swift a response as could be, which is pretty good. I’ll be glad to start playing again.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I lost a massive amount of leads that I had already dug up, and the timer had not been counting down on. I thought that was a reward for digging all the things up, we could take our time and dig them up at our leisure. I was not expecting to have nearly all of them vanish, there was no warning they were going to be wiped out like that! I lost all the codex entries with the leads that were wiped out by the last update, they are now hidden entries in the area list, despite my having having dug them up many times. This vandalism of the history of our hard work is unacceptable, I want my leads and my antiquities history restored!

The codex entries lost.
    Altar of celestial convergence
    Ashen infernace gate
    Blessed Dais of Almalexia
    Branch of Falinesti
    Daedric pillar of torment
    Eight-star chandelier
    Greensong gathering circle
    Hollowbone wind chimes
    Moonlight mirror
    Morwha's blessing
    Nisswo's soul tender
    spellscar shard
    The dutiful guar
    Void Crystal anomaly

And who knows what else that vanished and now says I never dug it up, I lost motif leads as well. If they want the timer to be always active so the leads vanish, then they should have just activated the timers and given us time to dig up what we wanted

• tepav
    tepav
    ✭✭
    Vedova wrote: »
    Just logged in after todays patch, my lead list is almost empty now !!!

And i see i have timers again on the ones i have already dug up that i have waiting to dig up when ever I needed to.
    This update has broken the leads, as i had about 20 or so purple and blue ones as well as I'm sure a gold one or two still to re- dig up.

And was keeping some of these ones i had dug up already when got a duplicate for my alts to dig up if need be to help level this time consuming skill line. So take it the update has broken the leads/codexes big time. :(

im on PC EU server.

@Sadare

This is exactly what I am seeing too. I just got a new lead last night an hour before patch, and therefore checked my leads then, and counted at least 20, all of which were the 2nd or more of them so their timers all had perpetual 33 days. I logged in today, and have only 5 leads now, all with different shorter timers.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same has happened to me. I had a number of active leads, which have now disappeared - and so have the codex entries associated with these items. In each case, I actually *have* more than 3 of the items in my storage, so I have earned all their codex entries (which was, in fact, the reason I was leaving these antiquities around for when I needed them to level up the skills on an alt.)

Also in each case, it was a lead that I'd probably had for longer than the time limit in the belief that they were "perpetual" leads that would not expire since they did not show a time limit at all. In fact I had noticed this behaviour, that leads would become perpetual if you had all the antiquity codex factoids for them.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And honestly, there really IS NO GOOD REASON for having timers on leads anyway! Especially for low level players who have only one character and don't have the time to work on levelling the skill high enough - or the skill points to spare on the antiquity-digging skills - to actually be able to go after advanced, master and ultimate leads.

Antiquity leads should not expire at all!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I think it's safe to assume that this happened to everyone, so there's not much point in any "me too" posts, but-- me, too. I've no idea how many leads were removed because they suddenly expired, and I haven't tried to determine whether any journal entries were removed, but I've gone ahead and scried and excavated the ones that suddenly showed expirations despite having been excavated one or more times previously.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We PC players are the guinea pigs for the benefit of console players. Leads and codex vandalized, lore library patchy vanishing...it's a hard life, after every update (or downgrade ?)
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on August 24, 2021 2:51AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I lost a LOT of leads too, and I don't think they were all older ones that I'd had for more than 30 days as I'd not very long ago (like 2 weeks or less ago) done all antiquities available and had gained more than the 3 leads that now show...

PC-NA
    @SunshineDaydreamTeva
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    This issue was present during PTS.....six weeks and no reports? seems strange :disappointed:
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue was present during PTS.....six weeks and no reports? seems strange :disappointed:

Or it wasn't present then and was introduced with a last minute patch that clearly wasn't thoroughly tested "in house"
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gone from about 50 leads down to 7!!!! many of which have 5 to 7 days left, Sunday I had none with less than 27....
    Edited by Gythral on August 24, 2021 7:01AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy