The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Codex entries lost with Waking Flame update

• Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well just logged in to PC NA to see I am in the same boat. Lost all blue and purples. Lost all the leads I had been working on for the kilt and death dealer's fete. Seriously upset. Those leads are extremely difficult to get and now I have to start all over again. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax: If you were going to add timers to leads which had no timers, you should have re-set all timers to the max value at the same time, AND INFORMED PLAYERS about it. Loudly, clearly, unambiguously, and in the patch notes.

Any lead that had no timer, thus, should have been converted to being at the START of a 30 day timer.

And it is also completely unacceptable that codex entries have been lost - especially when the reason was that one had had a lead for 2 months without bothering to dig it up *because of already having six of that antiquity*.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tepav wrote: »
    [snip] This is really disappointing because on the whole, ZOS seems to be pretty good about NOT stealth fixing things, especially things that impact players in some way. They could have just said "we are fixing the leads so ALL will expire now. So as to not ambush you all with instantly expired leads, we are resetting all timers on leads older than 30 days, so you have a month to get them dug up".

4a2xa9.jpg

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 3, 2021 10:43AM
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Could we please get a "we're still working on a fix, stand by", or a "sorry guys there's no fix" statement?

Thank you.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today, all maintenances have been completed: almost all my blue and about 80% of my purple are still missing.

I assume that the fix didn't work. Could we please get information about status? Thank you.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also affected by this
    Found one of those Craglorn spellscar thingies, I have like 5 of them all over my house, but 0 entries in the codex somehow.
    UPDATE:
    Moth Priest's cleansing thing is also gone
    Edited by Inval1d on August 26, 2021 6:59PM
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed I am missing about half of mine also and I had them about 95% complete before the patch.
    PC NA
  • Eyeduke
    Eyeduke
    Soul Shriven
    PC-EU @Eyeduke

I also lost a lot of my codex entries. Especialy most of the gold ones for which i have active leads, and i collected multiple copies of them, have been reseted to 0.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what makes the difference - I haven't lost any codex entries at all. Just finished checking both accounts on both PC megaservers. It's all there. I didn't have any outstanding leads before the patch though.... maybe that's it?
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick question for everyone - I had found and scryed/excavated 4 of 5 items for gaze of sithis. I was only missing the cradle of shadows piece.

I have not downloaded the new patch yet. Does this bug affect leads that have not been scryed/excavated yet only, or does it also affect items that were already found and scryed/excavated? I wouldnt want to lose the 4 out of 5 items I already found, scryed, and excavated...
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been a couple of days now, any chance of an official response @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Sorry for pinging, but we need some official clarification here. If it has been given in German on the EU forum, at least please afford us the courtesy of giving us the same official statement for it here.

If it is deliberate, it is a bad move - having a timer on new items I understand (in terms of you want to sell Greymoor). Making me dig old items (that I have previously found and dug before) on a timer is not good and I can't see how it benefits the game any, it just annoys/pressurises me and puts pressure on how I spend time in game for no apparent benefit to anyone.

Please remove the timer on previously dug items so that I can decide when to excavate them and "play how I want"
    Edited by Epona222 on August 26, 2021 11:21PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NagualV wrote: »
    A quick question for everyone - I had found and scryed/excavated 4 of 5 items for gaze of sithis. I was only missing the cradle of shadows piece.

I have not downloaded the new patch yet. Does this bug affect leads that have not been scryed/excavated yet only, or does it also affect items that were already found and scryed/excavated? I wouldnt want to lose the 4 out of 5 items I already found, scryed, and excavated...

I lost leads I already dug up for both the kilt and death dealer's fete. Vanished like I never found any leads or dug them up. Nothing in codex.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

I lost leads I already dug up for both the kilt and death dealer's fete. Vanished like I never found any leads or dug them up. Nothing in codex.

Sorry to hear this happened to you and others. Sounds pretty bad. I hope it can be fixed for everyone affected.

I noticed in this thread there was a hotfix recently. Did this fix the issue from happening going forward(I havent downloaded the patch yet)?
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

Sorry to hear this happened to you and others. Sounds pretty bad. I hope it can be fixed for everyone affected.

I noticed in this thread there was a hotfix recently. Did this fix the issue from happening going forward(I havent downloaded the patch yet)?

I didn’t login until after the patch and I didn’t lose anything so I think it worked. They’re still investigating how to restore the codex entries for those affected.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me, I hope there is some plan to restore the entries and leads we lost.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question, how to test whether the hotfix actually worked, is:

(1) Is anyone else in the position of having a lead that's now about to expire, for which they have 1, 2 or all 3 codex entries?
    (2) If you NOW - post-fix - have an existing lead, and let it expire, will the codex entries disappear?
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked my NA account and the codex is borked. Shows zero found for several items I am wearing or standing next to. Fortunately I do all of my nearly expired leads often so I don't think I lost many that make a difference but I am narked about the blackwood tapestry that is down to 1 piece found. I know there were more.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update about the investigations ????

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you please tell us the outcome of the investigations on our lost leads and our messed up codex?
    A very heavy silence fell on this matter
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was just me, and was convinced that I must have let the leads expire (which didn't add up because it definitely hadn't been more than two weeks into a couple of 30 day leads)

A couple of gold ones in there too. :'(
    Edited by TwinStripeUK on August 27, 2021 3:38PM
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Please Fix this soon!!! I worked so long to get all the Codex minus Blackwood which i am working on. Now i am missing all my mythic level 3 codex and have hidden entries everywhere again. :(
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence fell loudly.
    Nobody talks about codex and lost leads anymore.
    After all, this terrible bug has damaged ONLY collectors .... but how many collectors are there in ESO? Few to worry about. Silence fell loudly.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence fell loudly.
    After all, this terrible bug has damaged ONLY collectors .... but how many collectors are there in ESO? Few to worry about. Silence fell loudly.

It hasn't even been a week, wait til next patch to see if the bug is fixed. That's usually how they handle them.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 29, 2021 1:17AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Silence fell loudly.

It hasn't even been a week, wait til next patch to see if the bug is fixed. That's usually how they handle them.

Wait 3 months? Seriously?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    The question, how to test whether the hotfix actually worked...

It did not.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Silence fell loudly.

Wait 3 months? Seriously?

Patch, not update. Patches can be within a fortnight of each other.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on status?
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I read about this, the happier I am that they postponed the patch a little longer for console...

This SUCKS.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Any news on status?

I have to applaud your optimism.
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Some of the codex that i'm missing are the lancer leads which i got level 3 on all 3 leads. Those took a ridiculous amount of time to get. This is frustrating, don't want to scry anything until it's fixed. :(
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed I lost all progress on the Wading Kilt leads