The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So on the PS5 Version I have to do all Trophies again?

• AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gwmayar wrote: »
    Other games copy all ps4 trophies to ps5, no reason eso can't do the same.

You sure about that? They might be gambling that you will keep playing longer, since trophies seem to be popular for what ever reason. Thier goal is to keep you playing and make them money, nothing else, they do not care in the slightest if it makes you angry, or upset if it makes them more money.

It's like the no way to change classes, I guarantee in thier data, it says people will spend hundreds of hours remaking characters to a new class, which equals more money for them. I'm not sure how long it takes to redo trophies, since they are absolutely meaningless to me, but I'm gonna guess it's not a 10 min process.

So my guess is they said hmm, well some people are just gonna stay with PS4, but others might play 10x longer than they originally would to get the PS5 trophies, let's roll the dice and see.

The main problem now is that it's not enough for you to just open them on PS5, There are people who have been playing for a long time since the release itself, and they have a lot of characters. And the only way for them to get the opportunity to receive trophies at all is to remove one of their characters or go to the store and buy a slot for a character with their own money.

And that's a problem and that's not okay

Thats my main problem i have 14 toons and to reunlock trophies i’d have to buy another character slot

Its stupid, and for those that have 18 toons expecting them to delete a toon or make a brand new account is nonsense, it needs to be fixed
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on August 9, 2021 3:38PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It would seem that our representative from ZOS in this topic no longer represents ZOS, unfortunately. Regardless of any of this, it's a damn shame; Sarah was very nice and genuinely helpful.

Any chance either of you have any updates though? We're dying out in the Desert here at this point.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the follow up on this thread. We want to provide a quick update on this issue. We are working closely with our partners at Sony on investigating a solution. This will take some time and we’ll provide an update when we have more details to share. Thanks for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Since trophies seem to activate when the relevant achievement is unlocked in game, maybe there would be a way to have our game client quietly go through and trigger the achievements again in the background just to get the system to give the trophy?
    I'm not a developer so I'm not sure how it works at all, but maybe that might help you guys come up with something?
    Thanks for the update!
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for the follow up on this thread. We want to provide a quick update on this issue. We are working closely with our partners at Sony on investigating a solution. This will take some time and we’ll provide an update when we have more details to share. Thanks for your continued patience.

Thank you.

This is honestly the kind of response most of us have been hoping for.

Just confirmation that SOMETHING is being worked on.
  • gwmayar
    gwmayar
    ✭✭✭

Thx GOD - @ZOS_Kevin love you =)
    This is what I have been waiting for for 2 whole months.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great to hear, thank you!

Any clue to how long "some time" will be tho - are we talking months or years?
    PS4 EU
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you so much for keeping us updated! Good luck on the solution!
  • gwmayar
    gwmayar
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

That's great to hear, thank you!

Any clue to how long "some time" will be tho - are we talking months or years?

It seems to me that the most logical thing would be to release this at the same time as the patch that heals crashes on PS5.
    There are a lot of problems in the PS5 version now, and it would not be logical to split all the fixes into many patches, it would be easier to release one big patch.

But I won't lie, of course I would like to see it faster, because I have to play the PS4 version ...
  • Espionage-
    Espionage-
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! That is very much appreciated :)
    PS4 | DC |
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just popping by to remind ZOS that because of this issue I'm currently refusing to play any version of the game.

I'm one of your whales, buying all your houses and crates - you are actively losing 100s off me every month this issue persists. And I'm just 1 of many.

If I was a dev this would still be a top priority fix, as Trophy Hunters are here for the long haul, and are overwhelmingly likely to spend money in the time it takes to 100%.

These hands in the air "we're looking into it" responses never satisfy me. I'm not thankful for it because 9/10 times something gets "looked into" it gets ignored for months, years, or completely left alone in the end.

We need REAL hardline action, fast... or you will see myself and other high paying customers unable to justify continuing to play and spend.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 23, 2021 2:03PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Just popping by to remind ZOS that because of this issue I'm currently refusing to play any version of the game.

I'm one of your whales, buying all your houses and crates - you are actively losing 100s off me every month this issue persists. And I'm just 1 of many.

If I was a dev this would still be a top priority fix, as Trophy Hunters are here for the long haul, and are overwhelmingly likely to spend money in the time it takes to 100%.

These hands in the air "we're looking into it" responses never satisfy me. I'm not thankful for it because 9/10 times something gets "looked into" it gets ignored for months, years, or completely left alone in the end.

We need REAL hardline action, fast... or you will see myself and other high paying customers unable to justify continuing to play and spend.

Blackmail or not they will still make way more money than you can possibly give them. Im sorry to say that this wont get them to rush in the slightest it does however make you and the people you represent look bad. Patience is a virtue my friend.
  • Dauntess13
    Dauntess13
    ✭✭

Blackmail or not they will still make way more money than you can possibly give them. Im sorry to say that this wont get them to rush in the slightest it does however make you and the people you represent look bad. Patience is a virtue my friend.

Is that really blackmail? He seen something he didn't like and has decided to not give them money and I'm in the same boat. This is the first expansion I haven't purchased and I've been on and off subbing since console release. I've also purchased 15000 crowns multiple times. So as a long time consumer, I refuse to spend money on the game until they decide to fix it. I'm not saying anyone who does is wrong, different people have different priorities.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't represent anybody but my own interests. I have made hefty investments into this game, and I feel cheated with this current debacle. I won't continue to invest in something I don't believe in. It's not blackmail, just a reminder to the people in charge that they are actively losing customers and sales as they dilly dally :)
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Dauntess13
    Dauntess13
    ✭✭

I don't represent anybody but my own interests. I have made hefty investments into this game, and I feel cheated with this current debacle. I won't continue to invest in something I don't believe in. It's not blackmail, just a reminder to the people in charge that they are actively losing customers and sales as they dilly dally :)

Totally agree with you. I like the game cuz it's different from other MMOs, but this killed my intero and support for the game.
  • Joshferatu
    Joshferatu
    Soul Shriven
    I downloaded the PS5 upgrade today and was really enjoying the performance, and then I noticed my trophies were back to 0. I ended up deleting it after finding this thread. I guess I'll be sticking with the PS4 version. I really hope this does get reversed. Some of the trophies I'm most proud of were absolutely miserable for me to earn and I don't want to have to go through those again.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshferatu wrote: »
    I downloaded the PS5 upgrade today and was really enjoying the performance, and then I noticed my trophies were back to 0. I ended up deleting it after finding this thread. I guess I'll be sticking with the PS4 version. I really hope this does get reversed. Some of the trophies I'm most proud of were absolutely miserable for me to earn and I don't want to have to go through those again.

If you have the drive space, you can do what I do currently:

Hide the PS5 trophy list on your account, and play the PS5 version until you're about to unlock a trophy. Then switch back to the PS4 and get it.

For example, when Waking Flame comes out on console, I'll switch to the PS4 version and run each dungeon on Vet once to unlock that trophy, then switch back to PS5.

It's a pain in the ass, and uses a LOT of very limited drive space, but it's better than nothing.
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Joshferatu wrote: »

If you have the drive space, you can do what I do currently:

Hide the PS5 trophy list on your account, and play the PS5 version until you're about to unlock a trophy. Then switch back to the PS4 and get it.

For example, when Waking Flame comes out on console, I'll switch to the PS4 version and run each dungeon on Vet once to unlock that trophy, then switch back to PS5.

It's a pain in the ass, and uses a LOT of very limited drive space, but it's better than nothing.

I started out doing this and it became to much of a pain I really hope they get this fixed.
  • gwmayar
    gwmayar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - Any news for us? Soon there will be a third month of waiting. There is still no synchronization of trophies, the game still crashes whenever possible.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this being fixed in today's update?
    Edited by The3sFinest on September 8, 2021 2:14PM
  • UglyTriangle
    UglyTriangle
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in the patch notes stating whether it was fixed. It's probably going to take more time if it's something that requires Sony's assistance.
    Bobo the Cowardly | Warden | Healer/MagDPS
    Spooky-Scary-Skeletons | Necromancer | MagDPS
    Incoherent-Screeching | Nightblade | MagDPS
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing in the patch notes stating whether it was fixed. It's probably going to take more time if it's something that requires Sony's assistance.

The last answer we got like 2-3 weeks ago(i think) sais they were still working out possiblities with sony, add to that the 2 week patch aprouval and you're left with not much time to develop the solution

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All. Just touching base here to keep everyone in the loop. We are working on getting details now to give a proper update. We should have more information soon, but nothing to report yet. Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All. Just touching base here to keep everyone in the loop. We are working on getting details now to give a proper update. We should have more information soon, but nothing to report yet. Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

Thank you, it's great to know this hasn't been forgotten
    PS4 EU
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t believe any of you even managed to get hold of a PS5…..
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the problem will be resolved before the PS5 Pro comes out. :D
    Thanks for the update.
    Edited by TequilaFire on September 9, 2021 3:42PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only finished reading page one. 14 more to go. Not sure if mentioned or not and want to say this before I forget. Just want to say, instead of blaming Zenimax Online (which I blame a lot on them, but also give credit to when they deserve it) how about blaming Sony?

How come it's so easy for Microsoft to migrate but for Sony it's so hard? Simply turn on, install and play on the new Series X but for Sony, it's turn PS4 on, do what ever it asks, turn on PS5 do what it asks, wait for both to sync up then turn off PS4 and play on PS5. Lots of hoops to jump through.

It seems how Sony designs things, don't make it easy for developers. So it's Sony's fault, not Zenimax. After all at least Zenimax is not asking you to buy the game again like Sony seems to be doing.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the acknowledgement, but at the same time this is such a vague and acknowledgement-for-the-sake-of-acknowledgement empty answer. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 10, 2021 12:26PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Only finished reading page one. 14 more to go. Not sure if mentioned or not and want to say this before I forget. Just want to say, instead of blaming Zenimax Online (which I blame a lot on them, but also give credit to when they deserve it) how about blaming Sony?

How come it's so easy for Microsoft to migrate but for Sony it's so hard? Simply turn on, install and play on the new Series X but for Sony, it's turn PS4 on, do what ever it asks, turn on PS5 do what it asks, wait for both to sync up then turn off PS4 and play on PS5. Lots of hoops to jump through.

It seems how Sony designs things, don't make it easy for developers. So it's Sony's fault, not Zenimax. After all at least Zenimax is not asking you to buy the game again like Sony seems to be doing.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yep, I will correct you as you are wrong. There are a BUNCH of games with free PS5 updates AND synced trophies between the PS4 and PS5 versions. There's plenty of comments explaining this too, but since you only bothered to read the first page before commenting maybe that's why you've commented with this. ZoS did not make it happen. If it was all on Sony then it wouldn't be possible on ANY PS game.