The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So on the PS5 Version I have to do all Trophies again?

MisterLaiho
MisterLaiho
✭✭
Just wondering because I did not unlock all the trophies at the second I started the PS5 version of the game unlike some other games I won't name here for advertising reasons. Kinda sucks coz I got 100% on the PS4 Version of the game and now back to 0 on the PS5 Version and the DLCs....
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you look at the bottom of the FAQ it says that PS4 and PS5 trophies are separate https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/577530/eso-console-enhanced-faq/p1

Soupy twist
  • MisterLaiho
    MisterLaiho
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    If you look at the bottom of the FAQ it says that PS4 and PS5 trophies are separate https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/577530/eso-console-enhanced-faq/p1

Yes they are seperate but in another game that recently got a PS5 Upgrade (also an only online game) all the previously earned trophies poped up upon starting (new PS5 Version Trophyset) so no progress would be lost in some kind of way.. kinda sad ESO doesn't do this...
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    If achievements reset that would have been a deal breaker, trophies don't really matter much to me. I'm sure random trophies will pop up pretty often
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭
    Hope more people complain until they fix it!

Imagine having to do emperor / fisherman again.

If they can't do it then at least remove said trophies from the ps5 list.

Also nobody wants to delete their characters just to play the main quest or to collect all shards, books and zones again. That's crazy.
  • MisterLaiho
    MisterLaiho
    ✭✭
    ThreeXB wrote: »
    If achievements reset that would have been a deal breaker, trophies don't really matter much to me. I'm sure random trophies will pop up pretty often

I don't really feel like doing all the quests again, emp again, master angler again etc I've been playing the game since the console release 2015 and got everything 100% on trophies except Blackwood which I did not finish yet so 6 years of work into the garbage can? Hell no lol
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a joke surely... So as a sacrafice for having an enhanced ps5 version. We lose all our hard work and effort we've achieved since release..

Man if I would of lost the over 46k achievement points I have. Blood vessels would have popped. Legit
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree, I don't look at the trophies, only the in game achievements
    Soupy twist
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 different games which got PS5 versions. Each and every one popped the previous earned trophies on the new lists, got 2 free plats, a 100% and an almost completed title.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:41PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    I have 4 different games which got PS5 versions. Each and every one popped the previous earned trophies on the new lists, got 2 free plats, a 100% and an almost completed title.

[snip]

It's ZoS they always manage to do stuff like this and think it's no big deal.. 200 hours for 2 trophies wasted. Great 🤬

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:42PM
  • B11zzard1991
    B11zzard1991
    ✭✭
    Other games copy all ps4 trophies to ps5, no reason eso can't do the same.
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭

Yea you're are lucky.. I started playing on console only for the trophies. Got 2 pc accounts and 1 on ps5.

Took me nearly 100 h to get emperor on ps. Probably even damaged my health... That's why I am mad because I had it already. To understand the suffering.... Imagine not sleeping 3 days and repairing stupid walls, being in any pvp fight on the map in Cyro for 24 h straight.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cave_troll wrote: »

Yea you're are lucky.. I started playing on console only for the trophies. Got 2 pc accounts and 1 on ps5.

Took me nearly 100 h to get emperor on ps. Probably even damaged my health... That's why I am mad because I had it already. To understand the suffering.... Imagine not sleeping 3 days and repairing stupid walls, being in any pvp fight on the map in Cyro for 24 h straight.

I recognise that pain, at the moment I have no urge to be emperor thankfully, it sounds like a horrendous job!
    Soupy twist
  • MisterLaiho
    MisterLaiho
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any info on this issue? I'm sure there can be something done other games have too....
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I brought this up yesterday.

It's very strange to not do auto-popping trophies when games of much smaller scale do it.

Especially since it should be very easy to implement, with the in-game journal system.

As of now, I'm hiding my PS5 list, but playing the PS5 version. When I do something that unlocks a trophy (Savior of Blackwood, for example), I'm going to switch back to the PS4 version briefly to do it.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on June 16, 2021 11:10AM
  • Phil1001-Up
    Phil1001-Up
    ✭✭
    Yep this is frustrating and I'm still using the PS4 version because of it. To those posting that it doesn't matter to them, yes we know it's specific to our preferences. I'm sure there's plenty of things you find important that I could claim isn't an issue for me and therefore doesn't matter.

While I love this game and would really appreciate the improved frame rate and loading times, I value my PSN profile more than the PS5 client.

It's minority issue but I hope ZeniMax can find an opportunity to solve this for us.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 fully levelled characters, all with the main quest done, so it's literally impossible for me to complete half of the base game trophies. Others were so time consuming I'd rather just quit than do them again. Actually want to cry right now.

Trophies are actually a big deal even if you don't bother about them personally. Some trade guilds will look at trophies to make sure applicants aren't bots before accepting them for example.
    PS4 EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my that is rough…but it seems its a developer decision if its happening for some games and not others…correct?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    I have 18 fully levelled characters, all with the main quest done, so it's literally impossible for me to complete half of the base game trophies. Others were so time consuming I'd rather just quit than do them again. Actually want to cry right now.

Trophies are actually a big deal even if you don't bother about them personally. Some trade guilds will look at trophies to make sure applicants aren't bots before accepting them for example.

Some also look at Vet completion trophies for things like Trials.
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭
    Guys let's send support requests. [snip] I am that mad.

There is still no statement to this???

[edited for demand]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:43PM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they change course on this decision. Some valid points being made here and I for one, don’t want to play through every quest/ trophy from every chapter and dlc again. I’ll keep playing on PS4 if that’s the case.

Perhaps they can implement an update later on that changes this.
    Edited by Avoranti on June 16, 2021 2:34PM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    I really hope they change course on this decision. Some valid points being made here and I for one, don’t want to play through every quest/ trophy from every chapter and dlc again. I’ll keep playing on PS4 if that’s the case.

Perhaps they can implement an update later on that changes this.

It's not even as simple as going through content again tho. I have one character I do vMA on. It doesn't matter how many times I run it now, because I already have the achievement I'll never get the trophy. Same for dungeons, trials, quests, pvp. Unless I create duplicate characters and repeat everything, I'm not getting the trophies. And guess what, they make it impossible for existing characters to earn them and don't even give us any extra character slots.

I've never known any business that gets away with penalising it's longstanding customers the way zos punishes us for having played the game - time and time again.
    PS4 EU
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke, having to get emperor and master angler again. Why couldn't they just have done the Destiny 2 or Borderlands 3 approach and let all trophies carry over.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the point of the PS5 client that we can carry on our journey, we started ages ago? Wiping our progress made so far makes NO sense and I don't know any other game that does it like this. The common approach is to copy the trophies into a PS5 set so we can CONTINUE to earn upon what we unlocked so far. This is a seamless continuation of our journey. What has been done is a total break-up.

I feel seriously bad for those people who were close to the platinum of the game and cannot do it now unless they take a step back and play the old PS4 client instead of the clearly improved PS5 one.

This decision is terrible and adds up on the poor treatment Playstation players have to endure in ESO for at least one year nonstop. It has me baffled to see this unnecessary pain point added on top. It totally is unneeded because other games have this done fine. For real, this should be re-considered. Soon before even more people switch to the next-gen console and may actually feel the urge to STOP playing because their progress disappeared. Starting all over with trophies is not encouragement, it is dis-encouragement.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would have hoped that, as potentially the last Elder Scrolls game on the PlayStation (ES6 is looking more and more like an Xbox exclusive), Zenimax would at least try and cater to the system a little more.

Sort of as a sign of good will to a community that's supported them all this time, you know?
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Honestly, I would have hoped that, as potentially the last Elder Scrolls game on the PlayStation (ES6 is looking more and more like an Xbox exclusive), Zenimax would at least try and cater to the system a little more.

Sort of as a sign of good will to a community that's supported them all this time, you know?

They don't do good will. Honestly we should know better than to expect it from them by now but they still manage to disappoint us
    PS4 EU
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad seeing more and more people voice their opinion. Don't let them get away with this.

It was the worst gaming experience in my entire life to get emperor and then it means nothing.
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lost the will to play anymore. Performance mod can't keep 60 fps when there are more than 2 people and my emperor trophy for which I didn't sleep 2 days means nothing too.

Frustrated and disappointed....
  • xIOrcaIx
    xIOrcaIx
    ✭✭
    This must be a joke right? So i lose all my Trophy progress i earned over all the years? No way in hell i´m gonna do Fisherman or Emperor again also i only play one character and for the most trophys you would have to create a new character....this killed all my interest in the game and will make me quit also the PS5 Performance mode drops fps as soon as there are 2 or more enemies on screen.....
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't they implement a one time process that goes through all the characters in-game achievements and activate the PS5 game achievements associated with them. Or the first time you log in with a specific character.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my that is rough…but it seems its a developer decision if its happening for some games and not others…correct?

Can PS5 people play both the PS4 and PS5 version of the game, if they have both installed? Maybe that is why Playstation is not transferring the Trophies over. Sony is treating them as two different games.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 16, 2021 5:40PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus