Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

does ESO need toilets

volkeswagon
volkeswagon
✭✭✭✭✭
we have bathtubs and showers. We need real sittable toilets. Perhaps a Clockwork water closet to match the shower stall or a porcelain potty to match the Hlaalu tub. Am I right?
Edited by volkeswagon on August 6, 2020 2:37AM

does ESO need toilets 65 votes

yes. Need Toilets
35%
Iruil_ESOSpell-SlingertechnohicTanadrielLegolessLarianaAboKorHu-RikanFreakin_HytteLadyNalcaryaDojohodavestahlslogarifmikFroilvolkeswagonChryseiaLaughingGremlinCMDR_Un1k0rnYe_Olde_Crowekaisernick 23 votes
No. I don't go.
64%
GilvothixieRadianceidkAjaxandrielElsonsoLonestryderbayushi2005CaffeinatedMayhemSilverBridekargen27AsdaraCillion3117AkrasjelWreckfulAbandonHämähäkkiDelphiniaTheImperfectThannazzarSickleCider 42 votes
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't tell you what a few of the Alinor fountains make me think of ....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • YoshiPikachu
    No. I don't go.
    In the Elder Scrolls world of Nirn people use basins and buckets. Just like people in real life use to hundreds of years ago.
    Edited by YoshiPikachu on August 6, 2020 2:54PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    Emphatically no on toilets.

It’s not “No, I don’t go.”

They do not exist anywhere in the game. There is no indoor plumbing in Tamriel.

There are no sinks with running water or showers either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    Not because 'I don't go' but there is no need for toilets in Tamriel. Everyone has a chamber pot in their pocket.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    Toilets are a thing in the real world, so why shouldn't they also be a thing in the game too? We need it for RP purposes.
    We have dragons and magical things, why not plumbing too? :)
    Edited by vestahls on August 6, 2020 7:29AM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    Real heroes don't pee
    TherealHämähäkki
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    University of Aldmeri Propriety's studies were showing that 75% of Skywatch population are happy to use buckets, digged holes or general environment for this matter so construction of such a device seemed unappealing and a gold loss not even talking about losing time scrying dreamsleeve for an appropriate design solution.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    I'm not sure any of my characters have the necessary... well you know where this is going.

Also explains why there are no children.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    item-62906-1-1.png

For some reason, Kari doesn't appreciate me bringing a bunch of these home to the Thieves Guild cistern...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    Yes! Not just for decoration but it should be a signal that food and drink buffs are about out as your characters starts to dance around and groan until you use the toilet and then you can eat or drink again.

No more "food check" calls needed. Your character obviously stopped to take a dump already.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously have seen it all now, what's next codpieces?

Edited by Veinblood1965 on August 6, 2020 1:15PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    Well, if the ESO house has enough space, I always build a toilet (if not, a pot will have to do).

My ESO toilets range from 'the' Alinor fountain (looks more like a ***, but you get the gist) to wooden boxes, from giant clams (that, when open, look like filled-to-the-brim honey buckets... shudder) to Daedric thrones with half-sunk soup pots.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.

Agreed, yet there are sewers, makes the mind boggle. I don't use toilets in my homes, just buckets, pots or magicka users have their own methods.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.

Much needed :D
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets

What are codpieces besides pieces of cod
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.

What are codpieces besides pieces of cod

A quick hint. When you are being t-bagged you get to see a cod piece up close like.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    I thought we already had toilets?

93j55h7kltoo.png

Is that toilet seat made out of polished ivory? I thought we were all in agreement about what those are for.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    mrsrobot wrote: »

Agreed, yet there are sewers, makes the mind boggle. I don't use toilets in my homes, just buckets, pots or magicka users have their own methods.

In medieval times people dumped their chamber pots out in the street so maybe that’s why the game has sewers, to wash away the runoff, lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I don't use toilets in my homes, just buckets, pots or magicka users have their own methods.

I'm sure magicka users use pots/buckets too. They just teleport the content to some disliked neighbour. Or maybe they empty the bucket into a magical portal ;)

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    3x6uyzqkbdlv.jpeg
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    I thought we already had toilets?

93j55h7kltoo.png

Omg. What pieces do I need to make that?
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    @volkeswagon um lets see if I can remember...

6 ivory, polished
    1 alinor bowl, stemmed limestone
    1 breton urn, striated
    1 daedric drinking bowl, ritual
    2 breton vase, ceramic
    1 indoril footlocker, fortified
    1 redoran tray, floral
    1 clockwork crank, miniature

Our toilets, here in the empire of the sunset, are definitely elaborate. They are made of the finest materials and some are enchanted with advanced features you won't see on the continent, such as magickal health and stamina level displays, deodorizing and musicbox.
    However, they are usually placed in remote special washrooms you won't see when you visit someone's estate.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    sadly the community has spoken. Chamber pots it is
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    sadly the community has spoken. Chamber pots it is

People in housing really seem to get into making these elaborate modern bathrooms. I just don’t get it myself.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t make them if that’s their thing, just don’t expect to find them in my houses. I want my houses to look authentic to the time period.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    I think the only ones modern enough to even have toilets would be maybe the Altmer which have fountains that resemble bidets and the Dwemer but half of them are literal cyborgs and legitimately not sure if they even need toilets.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't go.
    Radiance wrote: »
    I think the only ones modern enough to even have toilets would be maybe the Altmer which have fountains that resemble bidets and the Dwemer but half of them are literal cyborgs and legitimately not sure if they even need toilets.

How many living Dwemer have you seen?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    I've made my own toilet, even got some reading material where you can read about different cheese in tamriel while doing number two.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes. Need Toilets
    It's time to make toilets canon.