The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How has the Crusader set not received a re-work over the last several patch cycles?

Its bonus seems like a relic from a bygone age when Dodge mechanics worked differently.

Armor of the Crusader
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) Increases the duration of the dodge chance bonus of Roll Dodge by 0.3 seconds.

@Cinbri I am hopeful that ZOS will soon be eliminating the RNG check on Poisons (like are they are doing basically everywhere else) and change them to behave like Enchantments. That alone would buff Moon Hunter... though I wouldn't argue with a buff to 10 seconds either.
  • Vordac
    Vordac
    ✭✭
    Inventor's guard, Automated defense and Vrol's command do not offer enough. The closest comparison is ebon armory - offering 1000 health to 12 members this is elevated to ~1200-1300 depending on passives. Taking into account resistances (working under the assumption of 9-11k minimum resists, 24% ironclad and 11% hardy/ed) we get ~ 2.2k effective health gained.

Now consider these 3 sets. Average uptime will be ~28% (average ult gain being 4 for tanks and ~3.5-ish for healers). Because of diminishing returns, 15% dmg reduction becomes roughly 8.5 - 8.8% reduction at peak and an average of 2.5% reduced damage. While at peak this bonus gives an effective health between 5.4 and 6.3 k max health (assuming staring health between 18 and 21k), this peak is better represented as an average between 1.4-1.6k - 63% to 72% of the bonus gifted by ebon. Ebon also effects more targets, so these values are effectively halved in the case of Inventor's guard and automated defense.

One suggestion would be to halve the duration per ult value for Inventor's guard/ Automated defense. These sets are more valuable for 100% up, and this value places them more in line with their damage increasing counter parts given the unequal distribution of support/dps in a trial. Inventor's guard and Automated defense should also affect 12 targets total per cast.

Vrol's command should offer more. One suggestion would be to change the buff to minor aegis for 36 sec. Alternatively, consider adding a small aggressive group buff to given the mechanic of the set and even it's naming heavily infer an active effect against the target rather than a defensively orientated set.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragons Appettie:

This wasnt changed on the pts, however:

The healing portion of this set is really really weak, i would suggest to make the 1 second cooldown for gaining stacks per target hit with non bleed damage.
    That way the heal could be procced more often when fighting multiple targets at the same time( which is when its needed the most), without making it any stronger in 1v1 for builds that are using it with draugrkins grip.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Dragons Appettie:

This wasnt changed on the pts, however:

The healing portion of this set is really really weak, i would suggest to make the 1 second cooldown for gaining stacks per target hit with non bleed damage.
    That way the heal could be procced more often when fighting multiple targets at the same time( which is when its needed the most), without making it any stronger in 1v1 for builds that are using it with draugrkins grip.

Huh, that would probably help the heal a little but I honestly feel like they should remove the heal altogether and simply dedicate what little of the power budget that was dedicated to towards upping the increased damage done. Even with hitting multiple targets in like a PvP setting, the heal is still pretty negligent unless they change it more drastically. I still kind of wonder why it was added there in the first place with it being so insignificent with the slow ramp up.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous smite perhaps it needs a adjustment on account of no CP PvP. TY
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivions Foe:

So i only just got around to looking at this set, but well, mhmh

So the flat damage increase applies to all ticks of soul trap and soul assault.

Without much gear on or any cp distributed, my soul trap tooltip went from 5k to 20k :D

Soul Assault tooltip also went up by over 20k.

And the thing is the flat damage applies to all targets when soul splitting trap is used.

With proper gear, even in no cp, you could make soul splitting trap hit harder than any other procset in the game, and you can apply this freely, cannot be dodged or blocked, no cooldown nothing.

Kinda nuts if you ask me.

Edit: the one redeeming factor is that you have to double bar the set, if you swap away from the bar the bonus doesnt apply anymore.
    Edited by Firstmep on August 10, 2020 7:39AM
  • JRManron
    JRManron
    ✭✭
    Does Caluurion's Legacy proc now from physical direct damage also or am I understanding something wrong?
  • HoosierPappy
    HoosierPappy
    ✭✭✭
    Unleashed Terror......Love it!

Red Mountain......no no no no no!
    Step it back to how it was.
    It didnt need changing/adjusting whatever you call this nerf.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The PTS test for AoEs in Cyrodiil should NOT include the removal of proc conditions for sets first.
    Removing the conditions for procs and making them automatic is a drastic change, and should be looked at and tested separately.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisonous Serpents 3rd and 4th trait bonus should be swapped so you don’t lose the stamina if you back bar it.

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light or Heavy Attack against an enemy who has a Poison Damage ability on them, you deal an additional 3945 Poison Damage. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
  • adilazimdegilx
    adilazimdegilx
    ✭✭✭
    Roar of Alkosh - Changes to this set is just wrong. Especially since we have an example set like Roaring Opurtinist. Make this set's proc bonus like RO so it scales with Weapon Damage and Max Stamina instead. Or this set will still be used on Tanks. Also damage value changes so much it would be imposible to adjust group CPs accordingly. It is really bad for optimizing groups.
    eg. Starts from 3010, removes 500 resistances for every 1000 Weapon Damage or 5000 Max Stamina.
    This will finally convert this set to be used on a stamina DPS instead.
    For information, on PTS, I hit 7k proc on a tank build with this easily. Max I can get around 8800 (solo). DPS cannot get this values because with tank I can actually use Malacath to further increase its proc damage. Dont even need lose Monster set with another proc tank set like Yolna.

Elemental Succession - Nerf on elemental damage is unnecessary. This set wasnt even used much with 550 damage neither in PvE or PvP. Only viable for 2 classes, in reality just viable for DK. However, with changes, Siroria got better on actually content so now it's completely outclassed for every one. Stop making everyone wear EXACT same thing.

Burning Spellweave - Changes destroyed this sets identity. Now it's usable for every class but also useless for them. Just use Julianos or NMA. It was only really used on DKs because you can get max uptime, even so it was rarely used on PvP and only used when you dont want to do trials on PvE. With War Maiden changes Templar and NB got an alternative already, no need to change BSW to general use. Buff other sets for other classes. Stop making everyone wear EXACT same thing.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop making everyone wear EXACT same thing.

"We hear you, so we decided to nerf crit into uselesness so people stop using Mother's Sorrow".

This sarcastic comment might not even be far from truth when you look on last developer comment regarding crit.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 19, 2020 8:39AM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Oblivions Foe:

So i only just got around to looking at this set, but well, mhmh

So the flat damage increase applies to all ticks of soul trap and soul assault.

Without much gear on or any cp distributed, my soul trap tooltip went from 5k to 20k :D

Soul Assault tooltip also went up by over 20k.

And the thing is the flat damage applies to all targets when soul splitting trap is used.

With proper gear, even in no cp, you could make soul splitting trap hit harder than any other procset in the game, and you can apply this freely, cannot be dodged or blocked, no cooldown nothing.

Kinda nuts if you ask me.

Edit: the one redeeming factor is that you have to double bar the set, if you swap away from the bar the bonus doesnt apply anymore.

"no cooldown nothing." We'll see about that, lol. It's on the list the be nerfed like the other AOE's.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new moon acolyte nerf's reasoning sucks. Did you guys not even consider that many people use it in PvP in solo? .

And many of us use it in PvE.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The new moon acolyte nerf's reasoning sucks. Did you guys not even consider that many people use it in PvP in solo? .

And many of us use it in PvE.

The reasoning is bad, but I think the decision to nerf nma was a good one.
    Most sets that offer high wpd/spd have proc conditions, build up etc.
    The biggest strength of nma was that you just get the stats, and that's it no fuss no huss.
    This nerf will definetly make people think wheter they want to stick with the easy option, or run something like ravaging, yandirs etc, sets that require additional input but higher potential gains.
    The new ravager will have 584wpd on the 5th piece, and can be built up in 4 seconds.
    That's comparable to something like pre nerf fury.
    Still would've preferred if they amped sets like briar heart up a bit.
    Also the buff to something like war maiden doesn't make much sense, if I want raw damage there are simply better sets out there for Templar there's stuhns for example.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Please modify Roar of Alkosh -
    Roar of Alkosh - Changes to this set is just wrong. Especially since we have an example set like Roaring Opurtinist. Make this set's proc bonus like RO so it scales with Weapon Damage and Max Stamina instead. Or this set will still be used on Tanks. Also damage value changes so much it would be imposible to adjust group CPs accordingly. It is really bad for optimizing groups.
    eg. Starts from 3010, removes 500 resistances for every 1000 Weapon Damage or 5000 Max Stamina.
    This will finally convert this set to be used on a stamina DPS instead.
    For information, on PTS, I hit 7k proc on a tank build with this easily. Max I can get around 8800 (solo). DPS cannot get this values because with tank I can actually use Malacath to further increase its proc damage. Dont even need lose Monster set with another proc tank set like Yolna.

Agree agree agree - this needs to be modified so there is a clear line between a tank and dps. I hate that people require this on tanks, so often. Lets make it so DPS are the ones who clearly take the win on both Debuff and Damage with it. As long as Tanks can essentially max this with DPS -- DPS will never wear and tanks will always be asked to.

I had suggested previously we make the debuff more reliant on resists -- that it scales based on higher resists lower debuff, lower resists higher debuff. Could even be scaled against max health, or max stam as you had suggested. Just something that separates tanks from dps.
    Edited by MrZeDark on August 20, 2020 2:15PM
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Luvtrain wrote: »
    I'll just be the 2,325th person to say it but, don't nerf False Gods Devotion. As stated before if you want to compare it to VO give it a buff and only have it drop from bosses in vet Craglorn trials then leave False Gods alone. vAA, vSO, and vHRC are not remotely as difficult as vSS AND VO drops from all three of the trials. Heck, it drops from the NORMAL VERSION OF THESE TRIALS. If you really want to compare the two, let perfected False Gods drop in normal Sunspire. No reason for this asides from giving a nerf to an overused set.

s8ahop5p89cj.jpg

Y'all pfg ppl need to read. They didn't compare pfg to vo they compared VO to serpent. PFG had two bonuses as a perfected set. Name another perfect set that does that? They took a whopping single mag line off this set. That 100 spell damage. The set still does what it meant to do.

PFGD did not have two Perfected bonuses, it gained only 1096 Max Mag compared to the normal version, just like other perfected sets. The normal version gave 8% cost reduction + 129 Spell Damage, which was mirroring VO.

Quick Serpent is an underpowered set that nobody uses. 8% cost reduction is very low, offering about half the sustain of other 5pc set bonuses (Lich and Magnus), unless enemies are constantly dying. The additional stat line was intended to offset the weakness of this cost reduction, and allow the set to be used in content other than arenas and trash pulls.

Yes it did. They just had FG with a perfected line too.

VO is an underpowered set that barely anyone uses.

zr5XLXx.pngSqZReB4.png

@WrathOfInnos is correct. VO has two 5-pc bonuses and normal False God's mirrors this which is perfectly acceptable because they require similar effort.

As for VO being underpowered...VO isn't considered BiS because stam have less problems with sustain compared to magicka. Stamina also have a lot more options for decent sets, compared to magicka sets.

dioayscwoift.png

It's not balanced on how you get them. vSS is no joke and good luck actually finding 11 other people who can run it properly. Let's not even talk about the perfected gear drop rates...
    Just give Vicious Ophidian a buff to equal PFGD and then buff Quick Serpent to mirror FGD. That's a balance.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on August 22, 2020 1:07PM
    For the Empire
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it is kinda late, but maybe some one from ZOS will read this and use this feedback for the next - next major update.

I am very surprised and it is kinda weird that Night's Silence set was not touched at all...

Older sets got some love (even old crafted sets, like Death's Wind), so I am surprised that there are no changes to Night's Silence set.

Currently, in ESO we have 2 sets that have "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak":

Night's Silence:
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Shadow Dancer's Raiment:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery, Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

As you can see, even Shadow Dancer's Raiment has additional effects on its 5 piece bonus. Night's Silence however - does not. It feels like it is lacking it. Especially after Vampire changes. Vampire passive was moved down to lower Vampire stage, so you can have Dark Stalker passive active on vampire stage I.

Bottom line: it is significantly easier now for players to have access to "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak" with vampire, and therefore, the 5 piece bonus of those 2 sets has very little value, and overall, mathematically this "effect" (Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak) is way weaker.

Imho additional effect should be added to Night's Silence set 5 piece bonus, at least to be on pair with Shadow Dancer's Raiment.

Personally though, I think that both sets could get a change. Shadow Dancer's Raiment 5 pcs bonuss 129 Stamina Recovery is kinda useless as if you are sneaking, stamina recovery is disabled anyway. I think other bonus would work better instead (spell damage, spell penetration max magicka etc.) Same for Night's Silence. it should have some other bonus on top of sneak penalty removal (Weapon damage / physical penetration max stamina etc).
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Luvtrain wrote: »
    I'll just be the 2,325th person to say it but, don't nerf False Gods Devotion. As stated before if you want to compare it to VO give it a buff and only have it drop from bosses in vet Craglorn trials then leave False Gods alone. vAA, vSO, and vHRC are not remotely as difficult as vSS AND VO drops from all three of the trials. Heck, it drops from the NORMAL VERSION OF THESE TRIALS. If you really want to compare the two, let perfected False Gods drop in normal Sunspire. No reason for this asides from giving a nerf to an overused set.

s8ahop5p89cj.jpg

Y'all pfg ppl need to read. They didn't compare pfg to vo they compared VO to serpent. PFG had two bonuses as a perfected set. Name another perfect set that does that? They took a whopping single mag line off this set. That 100 spell damage. The set still does what it meant to do.

PFGD did not have two Perfected bonuses, it gained only 1096 Max Mag compared to the normal version, just like other perfected sets. The normal version gave 8% cost reduction + 129 Spell Damage, which was mirroring VO.

Quick Serpent is an underpowered set that nobody uses. 8% cost reduction is very low, offering about half the sustain of other 5pc set bonuses (Lich and Magnus), unless enemies are constantly dying. The additional stat line was intended to offset the weakness of this cost reduction, and allow the set to be used in content other than arenas and trash pulls.

Yes it did. They just had FG with a perfected line too.

VO is an underpowered set that barely anyone uses.

zr5XLXx.pngSqZReB4.png

@WrathOfInnos is correct. VO has two 5-pc bonuses and normal False God's mirrors this which is perfectly acceptable because they require similar effort.

As for VO being underpowered...VO isn't considered BiS because stam have less problems with sustain compared to magicka. Stamina also have a lot more options for decent sets, compared to magicka sets.

dioayscwoift.png

It's not balanced on how you get them. vSS is no joke and good luck actually finding 11 other people who can run it properly. Let's not even talk about the perfected gear drop rates...
    Just give Vicious Ophidian a buff to equal PFGD and then buff Quick Serpent to mirror FGD. That's a balance.

That would make all other perfected sets need two lines of bonuses. Sorry it's over and really if the mag users get triggered by one line of stats, just be glad you aren't Stam. Rele got nerfed by 25% and Stam was already behind.

Maw literally sits 1k to 2k lowers on dps terms to rele. Maw having the same condition but no stacking and having an aoe component while being a two piece set sitting in a vanilla dungeon.

Complain about pfg that sits in the second easiest dlc trial in the game.

Please remove your feelings from the testing next pts because your instincts are extremely off target.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but it's not about the nerf of FG as such but about the argument why it's done which is treating us like simpletons.

If FG should be equal to VO, then please we should get it under similar conditions. vSS is not too difficult but to compare it with a set which you get in nCraglorn raids ... I could live with that but then think about the dismal chance to get weapons and rings compared to the drop rates of VO weapons and rings. At least here, they could have thrown us a bone.

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but it's not about the nerf of FG as such but about the argument why it's done which is treating us like simpletons.

If FG should be equal to VO, then please we should get it under similar conditions. vSS is not too difficult but to compare it with a set which you get in nCraglorn raids ... I could live with that but then think about the dismal chance to get weapons and rings compared to the drop rates of VO weapons and rings. At least here, they could have thrown us a bone.

I'm gonna tell you now, ZoS didn't go hmm this is performing more than VO. The put it into their SPEADSHEET OF BALANCE BALANCE ANCE NCE®©™, Then they saw that it was literally the only perfected set with two lines of extra stat bonus and they changed it. The VO comparison likely came later to call down the tin foil hat players that think a line of mag is the biggest nerf this patch.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]I'm gonna tell you now, ZoS didn't go hmm this is performing more than VO. The put it into their SPEADSHEET OF BALANCE BALANCE ANCE NCE®©™, Then they saw that it was literally the only perfected set with two lines of extra stat bonus and they changed it. The VO comparison likely came later to call down the tin foil hat players that think a line of mag is the biggest nerf this patch. [/quote]

You must work for ZoS or think so very highly of yourself...
    The point is, it's not as easy to get the PFGD as it is to get VO. I don't care if vSS is the easiest DLC trial in the game. Again, obtaining a full set of VO is easier to get then PFGD. You can get VO in a nHRc trial. Now please explain to me how a nHRC is harder then boss.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on August 22, 2020 9:38PM
    For the Empire
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna tell you now, ZoS didn't go hmm this is performing more than VO. The put it into their SPEADSHEET OF BALANCE BALANCE ANCE NCE®©™, Then they saw that it was literally the only perfected set with two lines of extra stat bonus and they changed it. The VO comparison likely came later to call down the tin foil hat players that think a line of mag is the biggest nerf this patch. [/quote]

You must work for ZoS or think so very highly of yourself...
    The point is, it's not as easy to get the PFGD as it is to get VO. I don't care if vSS is the easiest DLC trial in the game. Again, obtaining a full set of VO is easier to get then PFGD. You can get VO in a nHRc trial. Now please explain to me how a nHRC is harder then boss.
    [/quote]

Well Hrc probably has a harder time filling group because no one wants to run it.... Solved.

Your logic is flawed. Tell me why PFG should have two lines of perfected bonus while siroria gets one. You telling me vss is harder than vcrhm?

ZoS here is my feed back. When patch comes out don't compare PFG to VO compare it to the entirety of all other perfected sets that only have one line.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on August 22, 2020 9:52PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem is, everybody is getting stuck on one word... PERFECTED. Change the name of PFGD to FGD and change the current FGD name to something else. This way VO and FGD are the same. Quick Serpent and (name not determined yet) will be the same. And everybody will forget about the sets being different. It's a simple word change. Also, the newly named FGD (previously PFGD) should drop exactly like VO. In a normal trial as well as the veteran trial. Now everything is balanced.
    For the Empire
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem is, everybody is getting stuck on one word... PERFECTED. Change the name of PFGD to FGD and change the current FGD name to something else. This way VO and FGD are the same. Quick Serpent and (name not determined yet) will be the same. And everybody will forget about the sets being different. It's a simple word change. Also, the newly named FGD (previously PFGD) should drop exactly like VO. In a normal trial as well as the veteran trial. Now everything is balanced.

I mean it's still balanced. PFG is far more meta then vo so having in the vet new content is a carrot. If they removed it from vet many people would stop running it. I mean does anyone run vka at the same volume as they did vss. It's because vka had no reward for vet except the first clear(titles excluded)

PFG isn't mag vo, it's PFG. It was a poor choice of words on the developers part(not their fault though) to compare it to a set that has been available in eso for years and is easier to get.

It's just amazing that people are fine with classes that are dead in the water, broken skills, unable to sustain but taking 1k mag from gear trigger outrage.

It must be their first MMO.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on August 22, 2020 10:13PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭

I mean it's still balanced. PFG is far more meta then vo so having in the vet new content is a carrot. If they removed it from vet many people would stop running it. I mean does anyone run vka at the same volume as they did vss. It's because vka had no reward for vet except the first clear(titles excluded)

PFG isn't mag vo, it's PFG. It was a poor choice of words on the developers part(not their fault though) to compare it to a set that has been available in eso for years and is easier to get.

It's just amazing that people are fine with classes that are dead in the water, broken skills, unable to sustain but taking 1k mag from gear trigger outrage.

Funny statement, that the words of the devs are not their fault - whose then?

And the next two statements: You must be very frustrated to imply such things about people who do not share your opinion and about which you know nothing. Probably we would agree about your class and skill complaints, and yes - there are more serious issues (e.g. magplars thrown under the bus) than the PFG nerf this time - though its related with some more fundamental issues with magDD raid sets which this thread is not the right place to go into details.

At least my issue is not really the PFG nerf but the kind of communication of the reasons, and it's not the first time this happens but an ongoing problem during the last few quarters. It feels a bit like (non-intentional) trolling, and that should be reserved to us, the gamers. Pointing it out, I hope that the customers are adressed a bit more respectfully. I like to hear the real reasons (e.g.: PFG was too meta and furthered the preference of mag over stam in raids ...), or, if time does not allow for a quick, but well-thought-out statement, then rather the devs should not give any explanation at all and do what they deem appropriate.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know it is kinda late, but maybe some one from ZOS will read this and use this feedback for the next - next major update.

I am very surprised and it is kinda weird that Night's Silence set was not touched at all...

Older sets got some love (even old crafted sets, like Death's Wind), so I am surprised that there are no changes to Night's Silence set.

Currently, in ESO we have 2 sets that have "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak":

Night's Silence:
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Shadow Dancer's Raiment:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery, Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

As you can see, even Shadow Dancer's Raiment has additional effects on its 5 piece bonus. Night's Silence however - does not. It feels like it is lacking it. Especially after Vampire changes. Vampire passive was moved down to lower Vampire stage, so you can have Dark Stalker passive active on vampire stage I.

Bottom line: it is significantly easier now for players to have access to "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak" with vampire, and therefore, the 5 piece bonus of those 2 sets has very little value, and overall, mathematically this "effect" (Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak) is way weaker.

Imho additional effect should be added to Night's Silence set 5 piece bonus, at least to be on pair with Shadow Dancer's Raiment.

Personally though, I think that both sets could get a change. Shadow Dancer's Raiment 5 pcs bonuss 129 Stamina Recovery is kinda useless as if you are sneaking, stamina recovery is disabled anyway. I think other bonus would work better instead (spell damage, spell penetration max magicka etc.) Same for Night's Silence. it should have some other bonus on top of sneak penalty removal (Weapon damage / physical penetration max stamina etc).

You can't both say Shadow Dancer is better than Night Silence because of an extra bonus and also that that bonus is useless.

Not everyone wants to be a Vampire, (or a NB), so it's good to have sets like this that can replace that bonus. These sets are great for the stop and go nature of Thieve's Guild Heist quests and the like. And those stop moments are where SD's fifth bonus helps a magica build. Also remember, NS is also a 2 trait set. It's meant to be on the weaker side, is probably the best beginner stamina set, and the only one of the base game 2t sets useful for stuff outside the beginner stages.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • EvilSculptor
    I was really happy to play in the new dungeons, until I read the rest of the patch ... I lost all desire to play. My game is based on a single character, and from items to skills, they managed to screw everything up, thank you very much.

I agree that the stranglers needed a nerf, but then to completely spoil the item, for that, wasn't even worth having implemented it.

Apart from that:
    - "Burning Light: This passive has been slightly reworked so that the damage now triggers when you deal damage 4 times within rapid succession to an enemy with an Aedric Spear ability, rather than having a 25% chance to proc per hit. Note that the time window is long enough that abilities that hit at least once every second between will continue to proc this passive."

How does it work for sure? Do I have to use 4 skills, or if I use an AOE of that class, 4 "hits" from it counts?

- "Ritual of Retribution (morph): This morph now sacrifices its healing potential for the damage, rather than adding damage on top of the healing. The damage now increases by 5% each tick for the duration of the ability, up to a max of 35%."

God ... a skill that when used allowed to resurrect people and heal a little so that we didn't die, doing a ridiculous damage, and now you took the healing out of it ... Furthermore this skill costs immense MN, which makes it completely useless to use in most circumstances. Now i've to remorph it, until you decide to change it again. Thanks for this "awesome" change, that makes no sense in a skill line that is based in healing and support. Why not take the damage out and put another effect on it, like resources reg. to people inside the circle? (just an idea)

I have a feeling that I will lose at least a third of my dps with this patch, I only see nerfs, and they remedy things that were good, instead of changing what was wrong, like PFG and VO, instead of upgrade the VO, nerfed the PFG, a set that isn't easy to get, and the other you can get even in normal trials.
    The real problem is that you decrease my DPS, and as a Magplar, because of the sustain, i don't have much more option besides using what i'm already using.

Let's wait and see if other changes can overpass this ones... but I doubt...
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny statement, that the words of the devs are not their fault - whose then?

And the next two statements: You must be very frustrated to imply such things about people who do not share your opinion and about which you know nothing. Probably we would agree about your class and skill complaints, and yes - there are more serious issues (e.g. magplars thrown under the bus) than the PFG nerf this time - though its related with some more fundamental issues with magDD raid sets which this thread is not the right place to go into details.

At least my issue is not really the PFG nerf but the kind of communication of the reasons, and it's not the first time this happens but an ongoing problem during the last few quarters. It feels a bit like (non-intentional) trolling, and that should be reserved to us, the gamers. Pointing it out, I hope that the customers are adressed a bit more respectfully. I like to hear the real reasons (e.g.: PFG was too meta and furthered the preference of mag over stam in raids ...), or, if time does not allow for a quick, but well-thought-out statement, then rather the devs should not give any explanation at all and do what they deem appropriate.

Oh I didn't know they needed to explain anything? They under contract to do so? The dev comments were in poor taste because even though they are right that PFG and vo are now the exact same vo is easier to get. So that was why it was a poor choice. Why it wasn't their fault. Players jumped on the bandwagon of only complaining about pfg is like Soo totally harder to get.

I complained about how people are raging about one stat bonus and this and way too many other threads were started about one extra bonus stat. Class balance, mag blastbones, feedback that needed more attention all was ignored because this and thrassian needed to most attention.

Please, give me a single reason more than vo is easier to get.

Comment on how PFG deserves two stat bonuses but not any other perfected gear.

Comment on how they need to focus on a year old set instead of the trash that is being dropped from their new one.

You won't because it doesn't align with making me look bad and not giving actual true feedback other than it's not fair and I don't like why you did it.

Oh also if you want point out this isn't they thread why is your problem with the dev comment important. If the wanted dev comment feedback they make a thread for it.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on August 23, 2020 10:19PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly amazed that Arkasis didn't catch a stealth patch-day nerf.

Has anyone tested it to see if there were any radius conditions added to it?