Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Battlegrounds Solo Queuing

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the upcoming change to Battlegrounds including solo queuing and MMR resets. To reiterate what was stated in the PTS patch notes, this is a big change to Battlegrounds matchmaking which we are executing partially in response to player feedback and partially as an experiment. We recognize the change will prevent players from being able to reliably team up with friends in Battlegrounds, but it should also improve both the speed of matchmaking and the competitiveness of PvP matches. As part of the change, we are resetting the matchmaking rating (MMR) of all players, so going forward, the system more properly evaluates individuals based on their performance in the solo queue.

We’ll be closely monitoring both player feedback and the impact of these changes on the system.

Going forward, we'd like to keep all discussion about these changes in this thread to keep the conversation consolidated. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is ridiculous to not be able to group with friends in an MMO.
    Create separate queue for solo and team play please.
    Or create a solo arena to pacify those who can't coordinate their play.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far the general consensus on the matter seems to be that people want to see two lobbies, with one for solo players and one for groups/premade teams.

That'd be the ideal route, but overall very little of any value is being lost by removing premades from the solo players' queue.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please institute a lobby system or custom game system.

Rewards disabled.

This would allow for high level guild vs guild gameplay without the toxic premade vs randoms people dislike
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll just repost what I've said in the other thread here.

At this point I'm pretty sure that ZOS is legally forced to drop some "nuclear" solutions every patch. This time they've just missed ability and class balancing and dropped a nuke on BG grouping and matchmaking instead.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to note there is a nearly 200 post thread on this issue already, in addition to numerous other posts with dozens of posts. Not everyone will check back here to voice their opinion, I suspect. I think that ZOS is aware and hopefully will read that too. Thank you for starting an official thread to collate all of these posts in one place, Gina!

I think it is an incredibly bad idea to go live with a chance that restricted queuing to ONLY solo players. Many of us are only playing ESO to pay PvP with our friends, and in many cases, that means duoing for BGs or the like. Many of us are willing to play other premades, we don't care - we just want to play together. I recently got a small group of friends into ESO and all will surely revaluate playing the game if this change goes live without some kind of plan for when we can group in BGs again. Cyrodil and IC are not solutions for the kind of PvP we enjoy.

It is also unclear exactly why this change is being implemented in its current form, and what the long term goals are for BGs. It is not clear if this is explicitly a temporary situation, or if this a test of a permanent systems change. It is not clear how long this 'experiment' is for, and what exact data is valuable during it.

It is a very bad idea to remove an existing PvP mode/option from players that has been in the game for years now. I understand and sympathesize with the frustration of fighting premades, primarily because there are broken tanky healer builds that make it not fun, but many of us are not at high MMRs and simply enjoy playing with a friend in BGs. I understand why players would want to play single queue, but it seems unfair to prohibit what some of us actually bought this game for, and what the game has had for several years, because the system is unable to match premades with other premades.

Implementing a group queue at the same time as a solo queue may result in too few players for either mode, but would provide MUCH more valuable data than a solo queue alone. I get there may not be enough players for both - but we wouldn't know that until both are active. Why not try both?

Optimally, I would like a "quick play" casual queue for solo-only players, and a "competitive mode" for all others, including groups of all sizes, just as it is now.
    Edited by mav1234 on January 21, 2020 10:42PM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great change.

just a bunch of pre mades mad they cant stomp pugs.

Edited by Wing on January 21, 2020 11:11PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    great change.

just a bunch of pre made 4 stacks mad they cant stomp pugs.

never queued with 3 other people and I don't stomp pugs when I duo...

some of us play MMORPGs for BG-type content and do so to hang out with friends and be social. that doesn't require we "pug stomp."

edit: and if that was what we really wanted to do, why would all of us be asking for an alternative solution like a second queue?
    Edited by mav1234 on January 21, 2020 10:33PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To each their own. When I see someone I know I focus them, I’d rather they be on a different team.

Maybe the best solution would be that you can max queue as two? If someone plays with their wife/husband they already have my pity, why make things harder on them. Focusing your hubby I don’t think would be a good idea.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    Merge duo/solo queue together, make a queue for 4 man premades (premade vs premade vs premade) and it would make BG actually much more enjoyable.
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great change for solo players. Speeds up the queue, MMR reset lovely and fixes issues.

It's a terrible change for groups. People learning or introducing guild mates to PvP in general or BGs

Not all premades are pro pug stompers. It's a place where a learning group can practice tactics and not suffer a horse simulator between action.

Solution : two queues. Solo for Individuals, group ques for those that don't mind waiting. No MMR unless it's easy to do as a group, group registration for a leaderboard / score etc.

Also add private lobby's for folks wanting to setup competitions or just train with mates.

Thanks
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solo que only is a very healthy new direction for the pvp population growth of this game. It fosters more fair and balanced matches and allows all players an equal opportunity to play structured pvp on equal footing. This in turn will foster more pvp participation and population.

For all players, solo que also removes the ability to blame one's own ineptitude on "tryhard premades". And this is good. People will always take the path of least resistance when assessing their own performance. If there is even the slightest perception that an inequity/imbalance exists (i.e. premades vs pugs, regardless of whether your opponents are actually one) then people are much more likely to blame their inadequacies on the perceived premade inequity vs. their own ability/skill.

Recognizing the battleground is an equal opportunity format for solo que's only, it helps to force players to admit that their performance is due largely to their own skill... and this admission can lead to more attempts to improve instead of immediately quitting due to perceived imbalance from premades vs pugs.

That said, many players do enjoy playing with their friends in a group format. While Cyrodiil and Imperial City offer unstructured group combat, this proposed change to battlegrounds would currently eliminate the ability to create structured group coordinated combat. That needs to be rectified. Group coordinated combat against other like minded coordinated groups offers some of the best pvp in the entire game. Metas are formed from this level of pvp. There is good reason why these matches are labeled "tryhard sweaties" and this should not be eliminated from the game.

As has been recommended, a custom group vs group lobby needs to be implemented in addition to solo que. This is necessary in order to not eliminate the very important group v group combat that some enjoy.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The biggest problem is that even split queue can't be implemented properly. When you have solo-only queue and a group queue(2-4) a number of problems would occur. Solo players are restricted from group queue, thus group of 3 would never have the last one to fill the team restricting these groups entirely. Even if solo players weren't restricted and could actually queue for group queue, there will be very small few of these creating extremely long waiting times for groups of 3. Vast majority of solo players would queue for the solo queue anyways so there will be hardly any to fill the group of 3. You will be left with pairs and full 4-premades in the group-queue. I do think that this the exactly same situation like with solo players, it is not fair that two pairs can go against full 4-premade.

My proposal and possible solution are two separate queues: solo/duo queue and full-4 premade queue.
    1) The full 4-premade could be very interesting and extremely competitive PvP environment showing some true potential of objective based PvP. E-sports possibility?
    2) Pairs against solos won't be of a deal if there is added a restriction to matchmaking tool: only one pair can be in a team at a time. 4 solos against a pair and 2 solos (this is the worst possible scenario in that case) are equal teams, because MMR altering coeficient for being grouped would find the 4 solos of higher MMR bracket. So the advantage of being grouped will be effectively eliminated by having tougher opponents.

If split queue is not possible ATM for technical reasons, that's fine. But please, make queue solo/duo until we have more queue options. It's a solid compromise between both, solo players and players who like to play with friends. Having it solo queue only is just rejecting one group of players entirely and cattering to the other completely. Having it solo/duo is still a ton of improvement (solos will never again be stomped by 4-premade which is the actual reason for the change) but the players that have friends/partners/aliens/whoever to pair with and enjoy some time together in BG would not be restricted from this PvP activity.

PS: To not claim credits unrightfuly, the solo/duo queue is not my idea. It already exists in the most popular PvP game of last 10 years - League of Legends (a 5v5 MobA), for very long time. Even e-sport game like this doesn't have a queue for solos only, it's solo/duo. They either realised that solos against duos is not much of a deal, or they enjoy watching innocent cute defenseless solo players being crushed by super overpowered godlike pairs (There were several players lately in other threads claiming that this is the reason why they don't want duos in solo queue. Made me laugh :lol:)
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 21, 2020 11:49PM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem is that even split queue can't be implemented properly. When you have solo-only queue and a group queue(2-4) a number of problems would occur. Solo players are restricted from group queue, thus group of 3 would never have the last one to fill the team restricting these groups entirely. .

I like your idea @Olupajmibanan of a solo/duo queue + a 4 person premade queue. This would allow for casual players to ply with their friends/loved ones in the normal queue, and for a "tryhard sweaty" queue as Mursie put it... That said, I did want to add to the above, if instead of changing the current queue in terms of who can queue for it, they just added a "Solo Only Queue", players could still queue for the current queue as solo and get into a 3 person team, or could choose to queue for solo-only. Alternatively, they could just only allow 2 and 4 person teams to queue for a group queue.

Regardless, implementing only a solo queue will be net detrimental outside of high MMR BGs I think, because a lot of the more casual people queue with a friend for fun, and not to be optimized pugstompers.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that there is a solo queue very much, as I always solo in BG's. I do not like that solo queue is the only option though, as there are many players who like to play with their friends, it isn't all about "pug stomping", even though that has been a thing in the past.

I definitely think we need two separate queues, one for solo only, one for groups only.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot help but to just laught about it... When you cannot repair something *cought*activity finder*cought*, lets just remove some of major features. And thats from someone who queues in solo 98% times and BGs are his #1 thing to enjoy.

Seperated solo, group(2-3) and full premade. "This is the way". With option for solo, to opt in to be "filled" to 2 or 3 premades. As suggested by @Olupajmibanan 's comment.

Also it is a step closer to ranked BGs system (which if done properly might generete money income to ZOS through tournaments) with seasons (can be DLC time or smaller like quartal updates). Unique rewards for top % of players(account based not char) maybe mount or skin just worth the time enough to care and tryhard, some complainers just needs to remember, that they are fighting against an actual players with brains, not coded mechanics which is much more unforgiving.
    Edited by Woodoochill on January 21, 2020 11:52PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    great change.

just a bunch of pre mades mad they cant stomp pugs.

So what will be your excuse when I que as my unkillable tank/healer and lead my team to victory? It is usually the team with the healer that people go "that is a premade group" because you lack the actual skill needed to pvp.

If they reset mmr that also means you will face the top tier players that can 1vX players and create videos. So now you will have them murdering someone who just hit 50 trying out pvp.

At the end of the day this is the first game I've seen that people complains about premades in pvp. Pvp is supposed to be about tactics that is why there is objectives (capture relic, capture the flag, chaos ball, kills) different modes require some sort of communication. The problem is no one usually even wants to say hi in chat so how are we expected to stay together as a group? 90% of battlegrounds has the loser teams being already out instead of sticking together. When you run into 4 players (not in a premade) that stick together and burst down the "solo players" that is on you for being bad at the game mode. Why should people be punished because you don't want to play a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME with people? It makes zero sense go play solo player skyrm lol.

I saw someone say the best solution. Get rid of the 3 teams and make it 8v8 where you can not que with more than 4 people in a group. That forces half the team to not know each other and creates more equal que system.

People that play with 2, 3, or 4 players should not be punished in a MMO game. How can I sell this to my friends to make them play the game? Hey you should buy this game to pvp with me but in a online game we can only solo que and have a chance to fight each other or a chance to team up? But spend your money for this great experience!

BG is much different from ic and cyrodil. So the solution for multiplay being in those modes should not be compared at all. That is like saying apples and oranges taste the same.......
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Pre-mades vs pugs" is all on the pugs. Entirely on them. There is *nothing* stopping you from going and getting three other people and forming a pre-made yourself, except just plain not being willing to go to the effort. People shouldn't expect standards to be lowered to accommodate their own lack of motivation. This is just "we want everything to be free and easy" with a different mask on.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion to facilitate productive conversation: explain why the apparent obvious solution (separate ques) was not tried instead.

And by that I do not mean some technical jargon that amounts to "that could not be implemented at this time." A nice honest, explain it to us like we're five response is going to do wonders to set expectations and allow players to give feedback knowing full well the parameters of what ZOS is able to do and what they are not.
  • Rock_Shaman
    Rock_Shaman
    Soul Shriven
    I can see both sides of this argument. I have been roughed up by what were perceived to be pre-made groups. I also have a son that lives in another city and him and I play BGs for an activity together. We usually don’t have too much time, so the quick small scale fights are perfect. IC and Cyrodiil are not solutions for us as IC is basically PvE for the most part and Cyrodiil most of the time is spent riding from one place to the other.

I’m sorry to say that if I can’t queue up for BGs with my boy anymore it will add yet another frustration to a game that has frustrated me to the point that I don’t want to play anymore already. If ZOS, by some miracle, does fix performance, it’ll be for nothing from my point of view. I play this game to play with my son.
    Edited by Rock_Shaman on January 22, 2020 4:03AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth of the matter is that this “New BG Experiment” is nothing more than a cheap, and obviously effective, way to get people “excited” about battlegrounds.

The goal was not to find a balance for Battleground matches. The goal was to get more people interested in playing.

Catering to the casual gamer that doesn’t have a dedicated group of friends to play with (yet) is more lucrative than catering to customers that they already know will keep playing anyway. Even if they lose a few dedicated players, the influx of new ones would be a worthwhile gamble.

And all they had to do was reset the MMR while preventing groups from queuing together.

Easy day.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on January 22, 2020 2:46AM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main problem with this game is bad players, if the players were better they would play more often, because better players dont die as much, therefor they arent upset as much. If everyone were good, we would have a lot more players, the logic is flawless, dont question it.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • SoixanteNeuf
    SoixanteNeuf
    ✭✭✭
    As a new player, I also think they should create a sense of community. Somehow the X-Box version of this game has in-game communication, but the PC version doesn't? As a new player, I like meeting new people and it'd be easier to talk to others if the voice comms were on :)
    Edited by SoixanteNeuf on January 22, 2020 3:00AM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Catering to the casual gamer that doesn’t have a dedicated group of friends to play with (yet) is more lucrative than catering to customers that they already know will keep playing anyway. Even if they lose a few dedicated players, the influx of new ones would be a worthwhile gamble..

I'm not really sure if this change actually benefits "casual" players more. Most of the more causal PvPers I know only PvP with friends...
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Create new mode.

15 vs 15. Requirement for Q: must belong in a group (no matter the size)

Leave the AvAvA for solo.
    The methods of your Devs to tackle problems seem very lazy.

Personally I dont mind the solo Qs. All my friends have left long ago, due to the abilities and gear bonuses that your team creates.
    Civil response, without hiding judgmental tone.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on January 22, 2020 3:46AM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I put my feedback in the wrong place. I'll link to it, instead.

I'm actually devastated right now. The fact that this was even allowed to land in PTS in its current form is ... idk. I'm really losing faith in the direction of things. I don't have a lot of time to play so unless NONE of my friends are online, I always choose content we can do together. Battlegrounds used to be one of these options. Now, it won't be. This will result in less people queuing for BG's, and less ways for me to stay engaged in the game. This is a good thing, how, exactly??

All of the comments here did a much better job than I have raising alternate suggestions so all I will say is... did people actually, specifically demand that BG's be converted to solo queue only? Or did the player feedback simply ask that something be done about the fact that pre-mades can ruin the experience of a BG when they are matched with solo queue players? Because those are two very, very different requests and I highly doubt that most people explicitly demanded or even suggested the former. Just the fact that pre-mades existed at all should have made it blatantly obvious that many people enjoyed queuing as a group for BG's.

This makes me want to cancel my subscription and forget about purchasing Greymoor. If I can't queue as a duo or trio in BG's it's a pointless feature for me. Why should I support a game that's actively REMOVING significant functionality? This isn't a philosophical "balance" change. This is the complete gutting of a mode of play for anyone who used it besides the people who prefer to queue solo. Really, really disappointing.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I guess I put my feedback in the wrong place. I'll link to it, instead.

I'm actually devastated right now. The fact that this was even allowed to land in PTS in its current form is ... idk. I'm really losing faith in the direction of things. I don't have a lot of time to play so unless NONE of my friends are online, I always choose content we can do together. Battlegrounds used to be one of these options. Now, it won't be. This will result in less people queuing for BG's, and less ways for me to stay engaged in the game. This is a good thing, how, exactly??

All of the comments here did a much better job than I have raising alternate suggestions so all I will say is... did people actually, specifically demand that BG's be converted to solo queue only? Or did the player feedback simply ask that something be done about the fact that pre-mades can ruin the experience of a BG when they are matched with solo queue players? Because those are two very, very different requests and I highly doubt that most people explicitly demanded or even suggested the former. Just the fact that pre-mades existed at all should have made it blatantly obvious that many people enjoyed queuing as a group for BG's.

This makes me want to cancel my subscription and forget about purchasing Greymoor. If I can't queue as a duo or trio in BG's it's a pointless feature for me. Why should I support a game that's actively REMOVING significant functionality? This isn't a philosophical "balance" change. This is the complete gutting of a mode of play for anyone who used it besides the people who prefer to queue solo. Really, really disappointing.

THIS
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do BG's on the regular. I did them for a time to grind thru solo queue'ing simply for the costume gear. I DO however enjoy cyrodiil. But the point I wanna make is that the Dev note said this was kind of an "experiment" as well.

So it gets me thinking that Cyro, and maybe ALL of PvP will become solo queue (AkA no more groups, period). If that happens, balance will finally come to this game because PvP will be done. The servers will shut down for lack of players (tons already left, and I'm taking a break myself) so that means no more PvP vs PvE balance problems.This change doesn't impact me personally for now. But if it goes further, then obviously it will =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The goal of Battlegrounds should be to have a separate solo and group queue. However, I do think only having a solo queue for one update will give the developers a better insight into the matchmaking system and how queueing works if it doesn't have to include groups. My hopes is that it will speed up the queueing times and give better overall MMR.

Nothing is more annoying then having to wait 10-20 minutes for a battleground to start, most people will simply just turn around and go play something else, me included. So while it might upset people that want to play together, I really hope that most people will consider playing so the devs can get some good insight into the data that will be gathered.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The third team is and always will be the problem, not premades. Three teams exacerbates every single possible issue with matchmaking to a much greater extent than two because the most skilled team always has the potential advantage of using a third team to turn every pvp situation into a numbers advantage for them.

This is not going to bring players back or encourage people to queue more. Players don't queue for BGs because they aren't fun, not because they lose to premades. Most people don't care if they lose if they have fun. Most players don't have fun getting rear-ended while in an even fight. I've never, ever seen any MMO outright ban all premades, even duos. This is a first, and the major difference here between ESO and every other MMO is the third team. Three teams leads to messy, directionless, disorganized matches where you're either outnumbered, outnumbering your opponents, or ignoring pvp altogether to do objectives while the other two teams pvp. None of these scenarios have any sort of direct appeal to players.

Winning doesn't feel good, because you probably did it by taking advantage of superior numbers by rear-ending another team, stealing kills, or standing on a flag while everyone else did some pvp. Losing especially doesn't feel good because you often lose when people steal your kills, or when you decide to pvp, which you're penalized for because the third team is then allowed to take objectives without any sort of confrontation. It sucks and it isn't fun. You don't ever win by directly engaging in pvp, you win by waiting to jump someone about to die, or avoiding pvp as much as you possibly can.

No matter what balance changes or changes to queueing are made, the third team will always make BGs a miserable gameplay experience for just about everyone involved. Scrap the whole system and just copy WoW or Rift and implement normal 8v8 BGs with bigger maps and no deathmatch. Make the max premade group size 4, match premade groups up against premade groups with pugs on both sides, and you'll finally have (mostly) balanced, fun pvp.
    Minyassa wrote: »
    "Pre-mades vs pugs" is all on the pugs. Entirely on them. There is *nothing* stopping you from going and getting three other people and forming a pre-made yourself, except just plain not being willing to go to the effort. People shouldn't expect standards to be lowered to accommodate their own lack of motivation. This is just "we want everything to be free and easy" with a different mask on.

ESO would be the outlier here, since basically every game in existence doesn't allow you to form a full premade and queue up against pugs. Why? Because while people don't mind losing half the time (as is the outcome of most matchmaking systems), they do mind not having a chance to win at all. Implementing the requirement that you get three of your friends in voice chat to have any chance of enjoying an instanced match is the quickest way to make sure just about everyone stops queueing for those matches. People who want to pvp in an organized premade are 1% of the player base. The players you think want everything to be "free and easy" are the other 99%, and they're the ones who make the game possible in the first place.
    Edited by ecru on January 22, 2020 7:36AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Create solo queue bgs and group bgs. Allow players to choose either whether solo or not and fill gaps in premades that only have 2 or 3 for quicker queue times. Simple. That’s how I know Zos won’t implement it.