The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
β€’ PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm happy with the patch notes πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: Β»
    Is this the patch where we need to redownload the entire game again? Got a new computer but didn't want to redown load the game twice in a week or two so I am waiting.

Is it this patch or another? If another do we know when yet?

This is the patch. It automatically handles the replacement of the existing client if you already have it, nothing to uninstall yourself, and it installs the new client if you're starting from scratch.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Those two sets looks broken

2– Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    5 – After Breaking Free, gain Major Berserk for 9 seconds, increasing your damage done by 25%. This effect can occur once every 21 seconds.

Kjalnar’s Nightmare – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    2 – Dealing damage with a Light Attack puts a Bone stack on your enemy for 5 seconds. You can only apply 1 stack every 1 second.At 5 stacks, an undodgeable skeletal hand attacks your enemy after 1 seconds, knocking them into the air and stunning them for 3 seconds, or dealing 14500 Magic Damage if they cannot be stunned. An enemy that has reached 5 stacks cannot gain Bone stacks for 3 seconds.
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: Β»
    Linaleah wrote: Β»
    I "love love LOVE" how happy people are about battlegrounds change, because "this is an MMO, you should be social in an MMO!" except for when it comes to pvp. I'm not happy about the change. no, I'm not one of those premades that rolls everyone over and never have been. I'm terrible at pvp anyways. but... i kinda enjoyed being able to group up with my SO and queue up for a battle ground together and actualy be on the same side.

I guess at least we still have dungeon pledges ?

so much for "you should be social in an MMO"

Who is this aimed at? Vague posting is so off trend.

I want story mode and I want separate queues for groups and individuals in BGs. If they could get a proper lobby, or do a mid mission balance shuffle like a real competitive game does then that would be preferable over removing groups. As usual, Zos took the path of least resistance and just took away group queue.

I’ve never said ,”you should be social in an mmo” so whomever you see being contradictory, let them know directly.

there are so many people, i didn't bother remember every single name. I'm glad you are not one of them. but it IS fascinating to see this dissonance, don't you think? I'm not sure how they could make separate group queue and still make it fair, cause SO and me are only sort of a premade and against 4 people who re an actual premade - we don't stand a chance. (from experience, mind you) there are also premades that are skilled and premades that are just bunch of friends playing together casually, though you probably won't even realize that they are a premade, but those do indeed exist.

so how do you solve it? i don't know. i just know that making BG solo only is not a good solution for a game that is supposed to encourage you to be "social" or some some people say.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Looks like a big buff for briarheart set :} :)
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Not happy with everything but that's to be expected. I am happy they didn't do any major nerfing or reworking a massive amount of skills again though. I'm very glad they at least they listened on that front. As to the performance fixes, hoping for the best there, won't be able to tell how much it helps until it goes live
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    max_only wrote: Β»
    YES!!!!

You can now only queue solo for battlegrounds!!!

I’m speechless. They... listened?
    Or the devs got rolled repeatedly on brand new accounts by golden set groups on comms in under 50 BGs?

What ever the reason, I’m cautiously delighted.

I think they could of handled it better by adding a mode just for premades to compete against premades.

The rest of the notes look great !! Except, for a few things and the drain change.

Overall pretty happy o:)
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I'm most happy about performance rework and multi-core support improvements.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I "love love LOVE" how happy people are about battlegrounds change, because "this is an MMO, you should be social in an MMO!" except for when it comes to pvp. I'm not happy about the change. no, I'm not one of those premades that rolls everyone over and never have been. I'm terrible at pvp anyways. but... i kinda enjoyed being able to group up with my SO and queue up for a battle ground together and actualy be on the same side.

You can still go to Cyrodiil or the Imp City together.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still go to Cyrodiil or the Imp City together.

and we have. but battlegrounds are a very different sort of vibe. with cyrodil, the closest you get to something as relatively frenetic as battlegrounds is if you do castle or town sieges (whether attacking or defending) but those also work better with a group larger then 2. battlegrounds are more... intimate for the lack of better word. they are also shorter and more contained. sometimes, you just feel like a quick burst of concentrated pvp, you know? kinda like - sometimes you feel like grouping up for challenging pve content, and sometimes you feel like sinking into the story solo.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • coercer02neb18_ESO
    coercer02neb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: Β»
    Happy for anybody who's excited about the PTS notes.

- Animation cancelling not addressed.

Why the hell would they address animation cancellation? The combat is already clunky enough - not having animation cancellation will make this the slowest combat game ever
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackreach: 30 day CP-enabled, Non-Alliance Locked
    Ravenwatch: 30 day No CP, Non-Alliance Locked
    Gray Host: 30 day CP-enabled, Alliance Locked
    Icereach: 10-49 Campaign

I am just confused about this?

So we will have no cp as non alliance locked?
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also I don't understand

They increased the cost of volatile familiar and wall of elements and now they are reducing??

Then why did they do it in the beginning?

Also glad about Molag Kena, I am using that with Overload
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why the hell would they address animation cancellation? The combat is already clunky enough - not having animation cancellation will make this the slowest combat game ever

There's always someone complaining about animation cancellation even though it's 2020. :D
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam I think you missed a cost reduction on Ash Cloud - it really needs one.

Other than that, pretty pleased. B)
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Maxdevil wrote: Β»
    Those two sets looks broken

2– Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    5 – After Breaking Free, gain Major Berserk for 9 seconds, increasing your damage done by 25%. This effect can occur once every 21 seconds.

Kjalnar’s Nightmare – Monster Mask
    1 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    2 – Dealing damage with a Light Attack puts a Bone stack on your enemy for 5 seconds. You can only apply 1 stack every 1 second.At 5 stacks, an undodgeable skeletal hand attacks your enemy after 1 seconds, knocking them into the air and stunning them for 3 seconds, or dealing 14500 Magic Damage if they cannot be stunned. An enemy that has reached 5 stacks cannot gain Bone stacks for 3 seconds.

Wtf what sets are these!? 😭
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad a bunch of old sets are getting some buffs, Kena and Ice Furnance in particular look interesting. Ice Furnance on a Magden looks amazing for clearing trash in trials.

But the updated Glacial passive for Magdens is the best part, its nice to get a small buff without any nerfs. Our dps is on the really lower end so needs that help. Shame Stamdens are still so bad.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffs is the correct direction, ty Zos, gj.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Very nice little disappointed that nb didn’t get even a small buff after the butchering we took in elsweyr and the other classes been buffed since but I’m doing fine on my nb so I won’t complain. Nice to see no massive changes and bgs might actually be worth playing again premades really did ruin it for me.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on January 21, 2020 12:40AM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    bulcke10 wrote: Β»
    For the first time in a long period I'm happy with the patch notes πŸ˜‰πŸ™‚
    - no big nerfs
    - good changes made
    - nice new sets πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
    - molag kena change 😁
    - reduce some cost πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
    - etc.....
    - yea I'm pretty proud of it... Good job πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    -are you happy with the patch notes?,

Could u link pls i dont find it πŸ˜‚
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great if I could download this stinkin' patch. It's been several hours and it's still only at 9%. I'm sure it's a problem on my end, but it's still making me wince.
    *Prays to the god of internet speed*

EDIT: Praying worked! It's now at 10%! Whoopee!

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 21, 2020 1:16AM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Agreed, notes look pretty good this time around. I wonder what changed behind the scenes.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid looking patch. Agreed.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Yea I was afraid as I look down to class and abilities section if they gonna nerf and change stuff non stop, glad just a few fixes. I’m glad about the bg solo queue only, that prevents premade group bullying completely.
    However, I have a feeling the big changes will come mid year.
    Pc na
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

For me personally, I will only be doing any PvP during midyear mayhem (and only just enough to finish some achievements I'm missing), so I admit I am not super knowledgeable in that area. I do know from friends and online acquaintances that premades were draining the fun out of battlegrounds for a lot of people so I support this change.

Yes it sucks that my wife and I won't be able to queue together, and it might be kind of weird to be on opposing teams in the same room - but I feel like it's worth it overall with the information that I have.

(I'm also one of the more outspoken pro story-mode people.)
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfs to Flame Lash and Volatile Armor. No nerfs to mitigation and healing, in fact we got more sets that help with mitigation and healing! BGs are now solo-only, which, while premades needed to be addressed, this is the worst possible way. Lack of any real changes, most of these changes are just small tweaks and bug fixes.

Yeah, not very happy with these patch notes. Basically killed my main PvP character, the tank meta only got strengthened, can't play with friends in BGs, and there's nothing else here to make up for these.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    It's the little things that make me happy. Tbh, I'm tired, and I don't remember right now what they were, but I noticed 2-3 small quality of life fixes that will make life easier for me, and so I am happy.

Also, I was traumatized by the whole "wiggling eyebrow" thing and thus everything else has faded from my memory. Seriously, what is THAT about? :D
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed. They addressed this years ago, and even stated block canceling animations look fluid now.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: Β»

For me personally, I will only be doing any PvP during midyear mayhem (and only just enough to finish some achievements I'm missing), so I admit I am not super knowledgeable in that area. I do know from friends and online acquaintances that premades were draining the fun out of battlegrounds for a lot of people so I support this change.

Yes it sucks that my wife and I won't be able to queue together, and it might be kind of weird to be on opposing teams in the same room - but I feel like it's worth it overall with the information that I have.

its a hammer solution to an issue that wasn't even a nail. they could have tried for something more neuanced, like.. heck - worked on MMR that takes into account that people queueing up are grouped together and upping their matchmaking rating higher, to compensate, so that at least they go against stronger oponents and as such, do not roll over everyone else as much.

moreover... what people think are premades are not always premades. i've solo queued up and got lucky enough to be put with one or two people who knew what they were doing and the rest - willing to follow along. we rolled over the other 2 teams because of on a spot communication and one person setting the strategy. it may have looked like a premade to the other teams, but... it was not. on a flip side - you could go in with a casual group of friends who are... technically a pre-made, but not so proficient at pvp to make a difference.. so you wouldn't even realize that they were a "pre-made" in a first place.

there will always be people who are significantly better then you. and it will feel unfair to get slaughtered by them. but that doesn't mean that everyone else should get punished, so that some of those people have to work 5% harder to roll over you anyways.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    haelene wrote: Β»

its a hammer solution to an issue that wasn't even a nail. they could have tried for something more neuanced, like.. heck - worked on MMR that takes into account that people queueing up are grouped together and upping their matchmaking rating higher, to compensate, so that at least they go against stronger oponents and as such, do not roll over everyone else as much.

moreover... what people think are premades are not always premades. i've solo queued up and got lucky enough to be put with one or two people who knew what they were doing and the rest - willing to follow along. we rolled over the other 2 teams because of on a spot communication and one person setting the strategy. it may have looked like a premade to the other teams, but... it was not. on a flip side - you could go in with a casual group of friends who are... technically a pre-made, but not so proficient at pvp to make a difference.. so you wouldn't even realize that they were a "pre-made" in a first place.

there will always be people who are significantly better then you. and it will feel unfair to get slaughtered by them. but that doesn't mean that everyone else should get punished, so that some of those people have to work 5% harder to roll over you anyways.

Again, it's not a personal thing for me. Ultimately I don't have much stake in the argument since the only PvP I do is for achievements around midyear. I just know that the sentiment among my PvP'ing friends are that it's a good thing because they were repeatedly getting stuck with groups that had the same four members. I don't have enough experience to agree with your or not, and I certainly can't speak to how MMR works or doesn't in this specific game. I just see a wave of people in game happy and reinvested in content. I'm sorry that it's not what you wanted, and I hope for your sake this is a pit stop on the way to a more nuanced solution.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The battlegrounds change?

I am extremely unhappy with this. I am seriously upset, which is something that usually doesn't happen for me over a game.

Yes, I understand that pre-mades were an issue. Yes, I understand that because of that my opinion may be unpopular.

But I LOVED the ability to queue with a friend in BG's. It made PvP so much more fun and accessible. I don't always have hours of time to jump into Cyrodiil or IC and search for action. Battlegrounds were a great way to test a build, level a bit, etc., for a fixed period of time. I loved the different games and the different maps. I was a big fan of BG's when they were introduced and the experience against pre-mades has never been so outrageous that I was turned off from participating. Sure, sometimes my team got trounced by a pre-made, but I have won plenty of matches as well.

As far as I am concerned they've essentually removed this feature from the game for me by doing this, because I have zero interest in queuing alone. I like to play with my friends. I am not going out and creating crazy pre-mades. But when my friends are on the last thing I am going to do is say "hey guys, it's cool we are all on, now I'm gonna go run some BGs BY MYSELF."

I don't believe for a second that something couldn't have been done to accommodate for matching friends with a more sophisticated solution. Make a solo queue and a group queue. Disallow only four people queuing to see if it helps.

This is, to me, the same as if they just announced to the housing community that in order solve the issue where homes were being sabotaged, visitors are no longer allowed in our homes. Or that, in order to eliminate gold sellers, zone chat is being disabled.

I completely respect solo play in ESO. I am glad we are allowed to do things like attempt to solo dungeons. But *removing* the ability to play with friends from a major feature in the game? That's a huge, gigantic disappointment as far as I am concerned.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.