Selling Carries - Group claims Gina was in their Discord and that it is sanctioned

  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratti wrote: »
    There's something fishy going on with the trader stall bidding system. It is odd that so many popup guilds nobody has ever heard of and with low membership are constantly knocking out long established high trading guilds for (expensive) prime stall locations. That's a totally separate thing tho, and something actually worth ZoS's time to perhaps reevaluate.

    It is part of the same issue. They have already created a connection between IRL currency and in-game via Crown exchange. They could have easily squashed that but did not, instead they chose to condone it but not support it. The selling of carries is connected to that. It is all part of the same problem when MMO allow IRL currency to be traded for In game currency. The whole thing about the traders is much more problematic. While I can concede that my issue is more one of principle, rather than impact, the issue with the Traders has real consequences.

    I have no problem with people trading Crowns for gold, or vice versa, but they should then only be able to buy cosmetic items, or other items which provide no extra in-game performance advantage.

    As opposed to absolutely anything they like, up to and including end-game content (and therefore, items).

    Also, if they are going to allow currency conversion, it should be done via an in-game system (like GW2's), to eliminate the risk of scamming.
    Edited by Tigerseye on November 27, 2019 2:15PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    Imagine assuming every response is an American at a time of day when most Americans are sleeping.

    No wonder these Americans are being so dumb, they're sleep-arguing-on-forums again! :D

    Actually this post has woke me up from all the laughing I'm doing
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay for convenience.

    99% of people I know that buy carries do it either because they play for like an hour a week so can't get a team, or because they only quest/achievement hunt/pvp so would never even be interested in progressing the content.

    The first type of player will likely sell their monthly crowns to eventually afford this, after all selling crowns is permitted (albiet a grey area) & they dont play enough to dream about making however much for a carry any other way.

    The second type of player is usually loaded since all they do is farm/do writs/quest/pvp so it's nothing to throw 3m at someone for a title, skin & some achievement points they would have never gotten otherwise.

    The remaining 1% of players that buy them do so to try and get into teams/progressions with the skins, but these usually get exposed, I mean people will sell carries no matter what, but having a discord helps regulate the prices & gives easy communication to weed out these type of players.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + Immortal Redeemer + Gryphon Heart
    PC (EU) - Sparrowo | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK
    Completions: Crag HM's, MOL, HOF, AS HM
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to be carried through content? Don't pay.
    Don't like someone spamming in zone chat? Put them on your ignore list.

    The End!
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every game has it. Also there is probably guilds out there selling carries for crown store, or straight cash. It happens, hell, WoW high end guilds fund themselves by it both in game and IRL.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the Op been muted for all his ad hominem remarks in this thread? He's been awfully quiet last few hours 😏

    BTW thanks Gina for this clarification.

    Hopefully it's going to stop this topic from coming up in the future.

    Lol I did wonder that myself.
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would it not be sanctioned. It’s like a mercenary. Hire people to bodyguard your way.


    But then again I’m the guy who will give you 5-10k for giving me gear you don’t need in dungeons/trials when you don’t even ask.

    .
    Edited by Kalik_Gold on November 27, 2019 3:47PM
    Ras Kalik | Redguard - Templar
    Jux Blackheart | Redguard - Nightblade
    Aurik Siet'ka | Redguard - Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius | Redguard - Warden
    Goliath of Hammerfell | Redguard - Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon | Breton - Sorcerer [PvP Healer]
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Cinan Tharn | Imperial - Dragonknight [PvE Tank]
    Tyrus Septim | Imperial - Sorcerer [PvE Damage]
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis | Breton - Templar [PvE Healer]
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Champion 810+ CP | PS4/NA | ESO+ Cancelled | DC PVP | †The Vestige, Ahkahtuz
    Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard Paladin and the wielder of Chrysamere (and Volendrung); He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. (not only Sai Sahan has a secret snowflake!)

    Over years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r. Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from undead, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; asked to join the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting enemies on the battlefield if he so desired

    Jux Blackheart a master thief that frequents the Sisters of the Sands inn for pilfering, was known to infiltrate any bank vault or Ayelid ruin without detection, but Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of this greed. He lost two fingertips as a lesson! In return, he gained a new friend.

    Kaotik Von’Daemon is an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon to Wrothgar. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r to Wrothgar when the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

    The other men rescued were a Dunmer, a Breton and two Imperials. One of the Imperials was related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (Ras Kalik's mentor in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn is Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son, that was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder Imperial Tyrus Septim is a retired battle-mage soldier and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son more. The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperials. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be a manservant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

    Herzog Zwei the Genesis a Breton and also a prominent member of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture. This artifact being an Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Ancestor Moth cult worshippers wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure. Ras Kalik did indeed notice the sword however, an sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

    And so the Redguard, Imperial and Breton men have parted ways for now... While Ras Kalik is off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little does he know, a necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, in Alik'r and the one known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits. Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (Redguard God) and Ius (Animal God), after being burned severely by escaped dragons, is awaiting the arrival of Kalik to Senchal.
  • Alag
    Alag
    Well, I came from game, where people paid for example 5000$ to have better weapon than others, so my understanding of pay to win is a bit different - heh, that's actually reason why I tried ESO ^^

    In this case I also agree that if you want pay, you can pay.
    I personally woudn't do it as the game would stop being fun for me... In the end it won't help you much, you will just get bored much sooner ..
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, after all that’s going on in the game, you report some guy for selling carries ?
    Unbelievable.
    What’s next ? Round around the different zones reminding everyone about the EULA ?
    Glad we have such stalwarts like you looking after our well being.
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭
    So to summarize the ZoS statement, correct me if I am wrong:

    1. Buying crowns with real currency is acceptable.
    2. Buying gold with crowns via gifting is acceptable.
    3. Buying trial skins and gear with gold is acceptable.
    4. Buying #3 with real currency is not? Unless ZoS gets the currency?

    I have nothing against this personally, but the logic is a bit circular.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    So to summarize the ZoS statement, correct me if I am wrong:

    1. Buying crowns with real currency is acceptable.
    2. Buying gold with crowns via gifting is acceptable.
    3. Buying trial skins and gear with gold is acceptable.
    4. Buying #3 with real currency is not? Unless ZoS gets the currency?

    I have nothing against this personally, but the logic is a bit circular.

    To summarize:

    1. The only in-game currency you can buy with real money is crowns, direct from ZoS.

    2. You can use any in-game currency to barter for other in-game items/currency.
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Templar - EP - Tick-Tock Tormenter - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 37.5k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Breton Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
    Top Scores
    vAA - 142,087
    vSO - 143,342
    vHRC - 137,616
    vMoL - 137,970
    vHoF - 207,599
    vAS - 112,792
    vCR - 121,602
    vSS - 176,542
    vDSA - 44,719
    vBRP - 63,699
    vMA - 563,660
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    People can pretty much trade anything in game. Gina has specifically said we can trade items from the crown store for gold. That is trading an in game item for an in game item.

    Zos also does not prohibit selling clears for gold but using the forums to drum up business is not permitted. This is not P2W as none of it makes anyone stronger. No aspect of it is P2W.

    Also, I see you say nothing about Gina being in their Discord or even what that has to do with any of this.

    BTW, I am sure some will thank you. The tend to use threads like these to find new customers.

    The things you posted are pretty clear. Runs for gold are allowed, but crowns for gold are not. Because crowns are bought with real money. Yet the former is frowned upon, while the latter is accepted. So who is to blame here?
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU

    Bring back saptanks!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, how dare players pay other players in-game to gain the advantage of their skills!

    Therefore: We should ban all hiring of people to craft gear. o:)

    /jk


    But yeah - raiders selling places in their 'farm' raids has been a thing in MMOs since long before there was f2p, 'cash shops', or "pay to win". Nothing new, nothing scandalous. And proof of how 'good' they are, that they can get through a raid/trial/etc with a smaller group. /shrug


    (As for "anyone with lots of gold must be selling crowns!" Even ignoring all the people raking it in using guild vendors - I suck at making gold, and I could still get 1mil/month if I wanted to, just with writs & fencing.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on November 27, 2019 4:52PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Even worse -- some guilds carry members for free!

    This one can attest to this!
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paying to get into a group that carries with gold or whatever is not banable to my knowledge.

    Paying someone to get you flawless conq would be because it is account sharing.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX1X
    External SSD USB 3.1(Samsung T5)

    #NightmareBear
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    Community-Botschafter
    While I don't recall joining anyone's Discord to discuss this, paying gold for carries is not against the TOS. If someone wants to pay a guild millions of gold to be taken through a dungeon or trial, that's up to them and doesn't break any rules. What is against the TOS is paying real world money for a carry, or utilizing an exploit to carry people through an area.

    Also just to verify, my Discord ID ends in #0001. Any others you may see are trying to impersonate.

    The problem i see here is some of these guild/teams also offering tick tock, Gryphon Heart etc achievement. and also offering this in zone chat and so on...
    Im 95% sure that when you buy gryphon heart your not the one how use this char in this run ;-)
    Samuel Crow - Magicka Nachtklinge - DC-EU-PC
    AA HM - HR HM - SO HM - MOL HM - HOF HM - AS HM - CR HM - SuSp HM
    Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained
    Twitch
    Youtube

    Noractis
    Arkays Zirkel

    Buff NB
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    While I don't recall joining anyone's Discord to discuss this, paying gold for carries is not against the TOS. If someone wants to pay a guild millions of gold to be taken through a dungeon or trial, that's up to them and doesn't break any rules. What is against the TOS is paying real world money for a carry, or utilizing an exploit to carry people through an area.

    Also just to verify, my Discord ID ends in #0001. Any others you may see are trying to impersonate.

    The problem i see here is some of these guild/teams also offering tick tock, Gryphon Heart etc achievement. and also offering this in zone chat and so on...
    Im 95% sure that when you buy gryphon heart your not the one how use this char in this run ;-)

    As someone who did these carries they did not used to be in the fight they were just inside the instance. Which was good enough
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you get ported into the fight in some trials (e.g. Cloudrest)? Or only if you're in the same area while the achievement still counts if you're in the lobby?
    Although I can imagine that following the instruction of "don't get in the way and don't die" is quite a bit easier than doing the same while actually fighting.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stratti wrote: »
    Stratti wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    People can pretty much trade anything in game. Gina has specifically said we can trade items from the crown store for gold. That is trading an in game item for an in game item.

    Zos also does not prohibit selling clears for gold but using the forums to drum up business is not permitted. This is not P2W as none of it makes anyone stronger. No aspect of it is P2W.

    Also, I see you say nothing about Gina being in their Discord or even what that has to do with any of this.

    BTW, I am sure some will thank you. The tend to use threads like these to find new customers.

    He was using Zone chat to do it.

    Also if you are running endgame trials , which they were offering at vet HM with titles and gear that would give a very significant advantage both in gear and be able to sneak into other trials using that title. Let's be clear this is P2W and seeing it advertised in Wayrest was too much.

    Firstly, It's in no way p2w. Secondly, if you are worried that they have endgame gear they didn't "earn" guess what? If they couldn't nclear the content without a carry, they certainly won't be able to utilize the gear to it's full potential. Gear isn't and never has been the only factor to being good at ESO.

    OMG Seriously

    Can you pay for it

    YES

    Does it provide you an ingame win

    YES

    Why is it not pay to win?

    Waiting patiently...

    I think the issue is that it is kind of easy to obtain it without paying making the p2w angle you hammer onto with such fierceness trivial imo.

    The others point to make here is that gear won't give you an advantage over other players in the sense that, if yiure notbgood enough to complete it without the gear in the 1st place, that gear won't make you much better (if at all).

    The other issue is that you're insisting too much on the fact that it is easy to turn to gold sellers. What you're not considering is that it's prolly easy to get caught and tbh, would you really risk your account? If you're capable enough to be part of carry groups you've got lots of ressources (time and money) invested into your account so you're not going to risk it.

    I think the problem in this thread is that it is too easy to construct a p2w argument and too easy to ignore facts that's functionally destroy the p2w argument.
This discussion has been closed.