The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Selling Carries - Group claims Gina was in their Discord and that it is sanctioned

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    ...and even more so the people in the endgame community who cheapen the notion of accomplishment by selling them.

Hey Code. I've been in both guilds and Cores which would not participate in the carry business. I can see your point.

Do you feel that barrier spam has not cheapened the accomplishments in the same way? Do the titles still hold any value at a time when nearly no skill at all is required to obtain them? On any given night you can within less than an hour, and some prodigious barrier spam, accomplish nearly any title you desire.

Is by that logic every godslayer with stacked up necro ults also "cheapened" ? Does it still hold any value ?

Godslayer and the trifecta, at least for the time being, are two very different things. One is getting one shot by pugs. The other takes months of progression.

One year ago You would've said the same about gryphon's gheart. Every piece of content with time will get more accesible. Still that doesnt change the fact that there is a little irony in fact people see extensive usage of barrier as unworthy but at the same time extensive usage of collosus is considered 200 IQ move. I think the reason for that lies in the fact some people cannot tell the difference between achievement run and score run.

People often make the mistake of thinking that difficulty in ESO is measured by mechanics or title completions while in fact it is measured by time and nothing else.

In almost every discord i've ever joined recently was an endless barrier discussion and apparently you have to sound loud against it to be considered a decent raider. While in fact barrier doesn't give you anything but titles and achievements, which are already proven to be a joke so many times. People defend selling GH, IR, TTT runs then stand against people who got these titles by using barrier. I don't know but it doesn't sound cheaper than buying those titles by selling crowns to me.

That's a bit of endgame hypocracy that creates illusion on the lower end of community.

There was, for a time, a gentelmans agreement to go for scores not titles. Some groups broke this. Which ment that groups split into score groups and acheivement groups. With a huge stigma against the slowest and cheesiest score acheivement groups.

As for the carry runs... the titles are worthless to any decent raider so why not sell them?

But arent those titles partially worthless because You can sell them ?
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and even more so the people in the endgame community who cheapen the notion of accomplishment by selling them.

Hey Code. I've been in both guilds and Cores which would not participate in the carry business. I can see your point.

Do you feel that barrier spam has not cheapened the accomplishments in the same way? Do the titles still hold any value at a time when nearly no skill at all is required to obtain them? On any given night you can within less than an hour, and some prodigious barrier spam, accomplish nearly any title you desire.

Is by that logic every godslayer with stacked up necro ults also "cheapened" ? Does it still hold any value ?

Godslayer and the trifecta, at least for the time being, are two very different things. One is getting one shot by pugs. The other takes months of progression.

One year ago You would've said the same about gryphon's gheart. Every piece of content with time will get more accesible. Still that doesnt change the fact that there is a little irony in fact people see extensive usage of barrier as unworthy but at the same time extensive usage of collosus is considered 200 IQ move. I think the reason for that lies in the fact some people cannot tell the difference between achievement run and score run.

People often make the mistake of thinking that difficulty in ESO is measured by mechanics or title completions while in fact it is measured by time and nothing else.

In almost every discord i've ever joined recently was an endless barrier discussion and apparently you have to sound loud against it to be considered a decent raider. While in fact barrier doesn't give you anything but titles and achievements, which are already proven to be a joke so many times. People defend selling GH, IR, TTT runs then stand against people who got these titles by using barrier. I don't know but it doesn't sound cheaper than buying those titles by selling crowns to me.

That's a bit of endgame hypocracy that creates illusion on the lower end of community.

There was, for a time, a gentelmans agreement to go for scores not titles. Some groups broke this. Which ment that groups split into score groups and acheivement groups. With a huge stigma against the slowest and cheesiest score acheivement groups.

As for the carry runs... the titles are worthless to any decent raider so why not sell them?

they lost any value to people before they started selling them
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Who really cares... unless it’s a sorc carry... then nerf sorc.

We should probably nerf sorc, anyway... just in case. We should also probably nerf NB as well and then buff warden.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The REAL P2W is buying a Vamp bite!

No, I’m being Serious!!!
    Oh...nobody buys those no more!? Oh....
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ anyone who spends crowns or gold on vampire bites. Literally just walk into any of the three vampire shrine zones and ask, people hand those out like valiums
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    basically, if real world money isn't taken out of Zos' pockets, it's a-okay.

Whether you should trust them or not is something else.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratti wrote: »
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Since OP has had his argument metaphorically blown out of the water and given me a few minutes of fun watching I thought I'd just chime in and put forward another angle which I don't think has been touched upon.

Let us not forget OP that this game is a MMORPG with the RPG being the important part, role playing game. Some people might want to role play being able to hire a mercenary. So to recap, it's been clearly shown it's not p2w, it's not against the rules and no one gets hurt, and it fits into the style of the game from a role playing point of view as well.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Not very smart let me tell you slow

Muppet A : Buys crowns with USD
    Muppet A : Exchanges Crowns for Gold
    Muppet A : Buys Runs through Vet DSA , Vet SS , Vet CR and completely gears
    Muppet A : Used USD to Buy Runs which gave him a huge WIN

See that.

How is that not Pay to Win. Maybe use your brains a little sparky

Pay to win implies they are selling a crown only item that gives you a paid advantage. You could buy runs for this type of content before crown trading was even a thing.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutly nobody forces you to finish vet trials and also nobody forces you to pay for it.
    You can gather team of 12 inviduals and you do it by yourself for free!!!
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Stratti, I haven't laughed this much in weeks.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having a problem with in-game gold traded for trial carries is like having a problem with buying motifs from a guild trader.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with paying gold for carries.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    I've played countless mmo's

Each and every one had some form of ptw.

As far as eso goes... I could care less about who spends what money where..

If somebody is too lazy to lvl themselves up and want to pay for it who am I to stop them.. I can achieve what they bought in due time. And I will be more in tune with my char then they will be with thier paid for nonsence..

Instead of worrying about PTW let's worry about the countless system issues zos hasn't addressed
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to say it OP but players have been selling Carries for a long time before the crown market even existed. A few guilds I was/am in even sold some to pay for their trader. I even know someone who paid a guild to get him emperor in pvp. And I dont feel any objections being made regarding exp carries in certain areas. Nor do I see an out cry about ZOS selling skill lines or experience points. Or perhaps the most blatant pay to win feature in the game costume dyes..

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they lost any value to people before they started selling them

At this point I think You're just overgeneralising things to support Your agenda. "it was always easy , it was always worthless and without value , there were gentelmans agreement of how to do it" and more of oversimplified and also not entirely true stuff. I no longer know are You serious or trolling. Also I think You're using Your opinion and what You think and adding words "people' or "groups" to that too often.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 27, 2019 10:25PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We have decided it best to close this thread as it is no longer constructive in any way, and is more so members Baiting and Flaming one another. When creating posts we ask that it be kept civil and constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules. If there are any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.