The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Update on PTS v5.2.2 Maintenance

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying I'm in no way agreeing with the move here. But I think I understand where it's coming from. ZoS is a business. They are there to make money. Today is Sept. 30th. Its also the very last day of the 3rd fiscal quarter of the year. Someone very high up in marketing probably declared this new event can not be shown or mentioned before the start of the 4th quarter. Which is Oct. 1st.....tomorrow.

Honestly don't give a flying *** what any marketing executive says.

I don't either ROFL, I'm right there with ya. Just sayin it's probably a financial quarter thing /shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    "we've fixed an issue where people would log on and enjoy the ESO experience"

This............
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    It's a testing server... It doesn't follow the release schedule of the live game, and it never will. It will have delays, it will have downtimes.

You don't pay for it. You aren't entitled to it.

The purpose of it is for people to test specific areas of the game. ESO is far, far larger than just "class deals this damage". There's quests, there's events, there's music, there's zones to explore, there's housing.

Every single patch notes thread starts with Gina explaining the purpose of that week's PTS, asking us to test a specific mechanic, event or feature. How can you expect to provide constructive and helpful criticism if you're unwilling to read the first paragraph of a developer post?

And how is ZoS so unwilling to comment or even try to respond to our actual feedback?!? Regardless of what section of the game it involves?!? Nope, I'm sorry, this is a 2-way street. ZoS makes it just one =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me preface this by saying I'm in no way agreeing with the move here. But I think I understand where it's coming from. ZoS is a business. They are there to make money. Today is Sept. 30th. Its also the very last day of the 3rd fiscal quarter of the year. Someone very high up in marketing probably declared this new event can not be shown or mentioned before the start of the 4th quarter. Which is Oct. 1st.....tomorrow.

As much as none of us cares about that, it's a business thing. Not a "make the poor player base wait" thing. I'm betting there will be new re-skinned mounts or some other fluff crate crap that goes along with this new event. Just like a new intel chip might be rumored around, they won't officially announce it till the time of year/fiscal period is ready for it.

I think the alternative would be to make everyone sign an NDA just to play the PTS, and since many wouldn't bother, it'd mean being even more blind-sided by the changes. With even less recourse to voice our disdain for them on these forums =(

Can I offer a possible explanation that does not involve anything so... conspiracy oriented? (I have no knowledge of what really happened... this is a guess based on my own experiences with this sort of thing.)

They have a new event planned and want to go out with an announcement on a certain date, probably some time in early October. The announcement is a news article, which has to be written, art created, and everything gets translated into different languages,then it is staged on the web server so that they can publish it when it is supposed to go out. This has been setup and preparation has been going on since well before the current PTS cycle. That team is working to their deadline.

I continue to weave this story... As is typical with this sort of thing, it is easy to overlook that the marketing announcement and the PTS patch notes had an overlap. The dev team is trying to get it onto PTS for testing and really isn't paying attention to the PR/Marketing stuff. The PR/Marketing stuff isn't really paying close attention to what development is doing. They live in their separate worlds. This was basically a problem that was waiting to be discovered, and yes, someone, somewhere, goofed up.

Now, I am guessing that this announcement was not originally scheduled for October 1. (Edit: why? makes the story more interesting) When it was discovered that the patch notes and PTS patch revealed this in advance of the announcement, there was an "oh ***" moment. All stop! Ooops! The 5.2.2 client was already downloading to hundreds, if not thousands, of clients, and data mining will probably reveal what this event is.

Continuing to guess... Today, they were scrambling to decide what to do. Meetings. Phone calls. Disrupted lunches. It will not take long for the Russians to datamine the new Event and announce it to the world, so the ESO announcement has to go out NOW. I would imagine that they were talking with the people responsible for that announcement to see if it could be done today. I am guessing that this was not possible. Something was not ready. Something would take too long. Maybe they still need the translated copy back. Who knows, but for whatever reason, they end up publishing tomorrow.

(Edit 2: I forgot why they didn't just post the combat notes... Let's see. Gina has already posted the patch notes to the forum, but they are just hidden. Now she would have to undo that and remove that parts about the Event, publish them today, then tomorrow, go back and put them back in, and republish. Extra work probably makes Gina cranky, so I would guess the subject never came up... :)

That's my fabricated story. :smile: Anyone else?
    Edited by Elsonso on September 30, 2019 11:17PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    rope_bunny wrote: »
    I want a tin foil hat for my character

Coming to the Crown Store soon!!

What about the one for the cat?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly don't give a flying *** what any marketing executive says.

I don't either ROFL, I'm right there with ya. Just sayin it's probably a financial quarter thing /shrug

Yeah I got that much fromyou.I just don't know why they can't just release the combat notes.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as none of us cares about that, it's a business thing. Not a "make the poor player base wait" thing. I'm betting there will be new re-skinned mounts or some other fluff crate crap that goes along with this new event. Just like a new intel chip might be rumored around, they won't officially announce it till the time of year/fiscal period is ready for it.

I think the alternative would be to make everyone sign an NDA just to play the PTS, and since many wouldn't bother, it'd mean being even more blind-sided by the changes. With even less recourse to voice our disdain for them on these forums =(
    Continuing to guess... Today, they were scrambling to decide what to do. Meetings. Phone calls. Disrupted lunches. It will not take long for the Russians to datamine the new Event and announce it to the world, so the ESO announcement has to go out NOW. I would imagine that they were talking with the people responsible for that announcement to see if it could be done today. I am guessing that this was not possible. Something was not ready. Something would take too long. Maybe they still need the translated copy back. Who knows, but for whatever reason, they end up publishing tomorrow.

So,we should turn to the Russians for patch notes?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So,we should turn to the Russians for patch notes?

I have a call in to Putin, myself. He has not returned it, yet.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I offer a possible explanation that does not involve anything so... conspiracy oriented? (I have no knowledge of what really happened... this is a guess based on my own experiences with this sort of thing.)

light attack

They have a new event planned and want to go out with an announcement on a certain date, probably some time in early October. The announcement is a news article, which has to be written, art created, and everything gets translated into different languages,then it is staged on the web server so that they can publish it when it is supposed to go out. This has been setup and preparation has been going on since well before the current PTS cycle. That team is working to their deadline.

light attack

I continue to weave this story... As is typical with this sort of thing, it is easy to overlook that the marketing announcement and the PTS patch notes had an overlap. The dev team is trying to get it onto PTS for testing and really isn't paying attention to the PR/Marketing stuff. The PR/Marketing stuff isn't really paying close attention to what development is doing. They live in their separate worlds. This was basically a problem that was waiting to be discovered, and yes, someone, somewhere, goofed up.

Font Swap

Now, I am guessing that this announcement was not originally scheduled for October 1. When it was discovered that the patch notes and PTS patch revealed this in advance of the announcement, there was an "oh ***" moment. All stop! Ooops! The 5.2.2 client was already downloading to hundreds, if not thousands, of clients, and data mining will probably reveal what this event is.

light attack

light attack

You need to light attack before each paragraph for more dmg. i fixed it for you. Thats what you get for weaving a story. :)
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    You need to light attack before each paragraph for more dmg. i fixed it for you. Thats what you get for weaving a story. :)

I swear, I just cannot get the hang of light attack weaving in this game. :disappointed:
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a joke. I don’t care about an event. I don’t care about the end of the season of the dragon. I skipped all the dialogue and that house Sux lol.

They know everybody is mad and they’ve screwed up combat lol.

Fire the person who didn’t time the event announcement with the PTS update. Heck fire the combat team! Fire SOMEBODY! Let some heads roll! Don’t wait til Xmas! ZOS is gonna RUIN Christmas!...for somebody lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on September 30, 2019 11:45PM
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now, I am guessing that this announcement was not originally scheduled for October 1. (Edit: why? makes the story more interesting) When it was discovered that the patch notes and PTS patch revealed this in advance of the announcement, there was an "oh ***" moment. All stop! Ooops! The 5.2.2 client was already downloading to hundreds, if not thousands, of clients, and data mining will probably reveal what this event is.

(Edit 2: I forgot why they didn't just post the combat notes... Let's see. Gina has already posted the patch notes to the forum, but they are just hidden. Now she would have to undo that and remove that parts about the Event, publish them today, then tomorrow, go back and put them back in, and republish. Extra work probably makes Gina cranky, so I would guess the subject never came up... :)

LOL. Reading your story very much reminded me of work. Very plausible scenario.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im having a hard time taking some of you seriously, when you lose your sh1et over a days delay.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

With the way the nerfs are going, a tinfoil hat is probably going to have the stopping power of reinforced titanium against our attacks, I'd keep it on.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke. I don’t care about an event. I don’t care about the end of the season of the dragon. I skipped all the dialogue and that house Sux lol.

Fire the person who didn’t time the event announcement with the PTS update. Heck fire the combat team! Fire SOMEBODY! Let some heads roll! Don’t wait til Xmas! ZOS is gonna RUIN Christmas!...for somebody lol.

Watch out! ZOS is coming for your Christmas!

best-buy-grinch.jpg

Of course, we all know the moral of the story. ZOS can nerf everything, but they can't take away the true ESO spirit from players.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    It's a testing server... It doesn't follow the release schedule of the live game, and it never will. It will have delays, it will have downtimes.

You don't pay for it. You aren't entitled to it.

The purpose of it is for people to test specific areas of the game. ESO is far, far larger than just "class deals this damage". There's quests, there's events, there's music, there's zones to explore, there's housing.

Every single patch notes thread starts with Gina explaining the purpose of that week's PTS, asking us to test a specific mechanic, event or feature. How can you expect to provide constructive and helpful criticism if you're unwilling to read the first paragraph of a developer post?

And how is ZoS so unwilling to comment or even try to respond to our actual feedback?!? Regardless of what section of the game it involves?!? Nope, I'm sorry, this is a 2-way street. ZoS makes it just one =/

I mean i don't even know what the PTS if for.... they don't care about our feedback when i comes to combat changes and what's more they don't even really care about our feedback relating to bugs and other game breaking problems.... So, i only really used the pts when i wanted to test builds for an upcoming patch.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 1, 2019 12:47AM
    Invictus
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get it. If you’re holding the PTS notes until the event announcement (?) but you’re releasing the notes tomorrow morning, when are you announcing the event? How do PTS notes spoil the event? Definitely something went wrong with the EU character copy like last time.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

best-buy-grinch.jpg

Of course, we all know the moral of the story. ZOS can nerf everything, but they can't take away the true ESO spirit from players.

And what happened next?
    Well in Eastmarch they say
    ZOS' small heart grew three sizes that day!

And then the true meaning
    Of New Life came through
    And ZOS found the budget for new servers, plus two!

Welcome update, bring your cheer
    Cheer to all nerds far and near

Gaming fun is in our grasp
    As long our expectations aren't that h...asp.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I don’t get it. If you’re holding the PTS notes until the event announcement (?) but you’re releasing the notes tomorrow morning, when are you announcing the event? How do PTS notes spoil the event? Definitely something went wrong with the EU character copy like last time.

Dude. You just don’t get it, do you?

ZoS is giving us the opportunity to unlock a unique skin for our mounts. It will involve a tedious an exciting and mind-numbing fun-filled annoying run adventure through the lands of Tamriel!

They can’t just spoil the details!! What kind of barbarian would do that?!

So, like, calm your ***, bro. Seriously.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I will start playing Destiny 2 on Steam...
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

best-buy-grinch.jpg

I unno, wtf is Gilliam gonna do if he get FIRED on Christmas Eve!

He’ll be somewhere in Bethesda, drunk 😵 in a 🎅 Santa Suit, with a giant fish stuck in his pocket! Talking about “Friendly Greetings!”
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    I don't buy into the delay being related to changes and fear of our reactions. However, considering how far we are into maintenance, I think blaming it on an event was not the best decision.

What they should have said:

Sorry for the wait everyone, unfortunately we've run into some problems implementing the latest update. As such, we'll be holding the build and patch notes until tomorrow when we can be sure everything is accurate and running properly. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience. On the plus side, I can tell you that we'll be testing a new event that hasn't been announced yet. We're looking forward to revealing it to you soon, so in the meantime please be patient with us.

I guess ZO$ should hire you as a their new PR Manager...
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they wanna make some important changing which takes time?

Nerf Dot is not enough B)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its probably something new since they need to make an anouncement about it and its in the pach note so the cant post it without posing it

If they just realise the announcement was to be done first at the hour of the day well maybe the didnt have the time to wrthe the announcement (we dont know the shcedule of the article writer)

In the end its just a pach note i can wait a day
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

I swear, I just cannot get the hang of light attack weaving in this game. :disappointed:

I can't either, but it has to do with latency ... sometimes when I am weaving, the game just locks up... then a lag spike occurs... and then later the rest of the damage just pops up... so I can't keep a constant rotation or dps...
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any rough time frame for when during the day they will be released? :)

Probably late morning, eastern time.

Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

imagine being that out of touch with your playerbase. There's a reason end game players are leaving in droves.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • SapAndFury
    SapAndFury
    ✭✭✭
    There will now be a 1 day cast time on all patch notes. We feel that this will add a counter-play to your gaming life and allow you to explore other games. We are also pleased to announce the annual New Life event. Take the time to explore planet earth and reflect on what the heck you’ve spent the last 5 years of your life doing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »

best-buy-grinch.jpg

And what happened next?
    Well in Eastmarch they say
    ZOS' small heart grew three sizes that day!

And then the true meaning
    Of New Life came through
    And ZOS found the budget for new servers, plus two!

Welcome update, bring your cheer
    Cheer to all nerds far and near

Gaming fun is in our grasp
    As long our expectations aren't that h...asp.

This is beautiful!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uninstall the PTS!
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannix1958 wrote: »
    Also

v2hpzqgfuqoc.jpg

Okay...this needs to be a free item in the crown store or whatever...

They could make the cat a pet if that's what you mean.