The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Update on PTS v5.2.2 Maintenance

• luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if it wasn't gonna get spoiled anyways! And me refreshing PTS forums every 30 seconds :lol:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You say to take off the tinfoil hats because the two aren't related. But here we are, delayed notes because of an unannounced event.

Does one more day actually matter?
    No, not really from my perspective.

Does another straw on the camels back of what feels like getting jerked around without much regard matter? Absoforkinglutely
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z12lb63d84sx.gif
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    z12lb63d84sx.gif

Basically how it feels to play ESO every three months :D

Basically how it feels to play as DK in ESO every three months.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice gg
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... at least they are communicating now...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone! We know you’re anxious to see what the next PTS patch has in store. One of the events we’ll be testing on the PTS this week is actually something we haven’t announced yet, but will be very soon! As such, we’ll be holding the build and associated patch notes until tomorrow so as not to spoil anything. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience. Also keep in mind we’ll be performing a PC EU character copy with this upcoming patch, so please plan accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding!

So I stayed awake late just to get bummed? Okay well done. The patch notes will be full of nerfs so it doesn't even matter at this point.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please slowly raise your hands above your head,

those of you who care less about some event and just want to see the combat changes.

In case you didn't know, much of your target audience in PTS are not those who get hyped up about an event or a shiny new costume in the crown store. Your target audience cares about how the combat changes affect their gameplay. Unless your new event is winning a chance to get all the changes reverted, then most don't really care.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »

those of you who care less about some event and just want to see the combat changes.

In case you didn't know, much of your target audience in PTS are not those who get hyped up about an event or a shiny new costume in the crown store. Your target audience cares about how the combat changes affect their gameplay. Unless your new event is winning a chance to get all the changes reverted, then most don't really care.

I would participate in that event and encourage everyone I know to do so as well. It sounds quite fun and enjoyable.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy into the delay being related to changes and fear of our reactions. However, considering how far we are into maintenance, I think blaming it on an event was not the best decision.

What they should have said:

Sorry for the wait everyone, unfortunately we've run into some problems implementing the latest update. As such, we'll be holding the build and patch notes until tomorrow when we can be sure everything is accurate and running properly. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience. On the plus side, I can tell you that we'll be testing a new event that hasn't been announced yet. We're looking forward to revealing it to you soon, so in the meantime please be patient with us.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tumblr_mzfxwl1rMW1tq4of6o1_250.gif
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

I realize this is meant to be lighthearted, but it's tone deaf to the way the community is feeling about the yoyo sledgehammer each patch notes has been and that this is typically THE week that combat gets set in stone.

We'd be a lot less annoyed if you just said, "Hey someone in marketing didn't finish the blog post about an upcoming new event so we gotta hold it for a day. Sorry."
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't even remotely about tinfoil hats and you know it. I think it is incredibly insulting to address the customers like that when you KNOW a huge portion of them are an inch away from being done. Nobody cares about the event, you had 800 events last year, we are tired of events every time we turn around. Your event has literally NOTHING to do with releasing the patch notes regarding combat changes. At this point, people want to know if the team is paying attention at all, are you going to push through all the dumb crap ya'll thought were glorious ideas or are you going to take into consideration that they are STUPID and we hate them? But I mean yeah, that event is 100% THE most important thing, right? Its going to BLOW OUR MINDS, right? Whatever.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    waiting-for-gif-to-load_o_843874.gif
    EU PC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to say this, but the target audience for ZOS is the general playerbase.

The players who play on the PTS are even smaller than the portion who pay attention to the PTS, and judging by the players who are blindsided by the Live Update changes, even they are tiny in comparison to the players who will eventually participate in the Event, whatever it is.

ZOS knows exactly what their target audience is: the majority of players who will happily particpate in this Event.
  • Blaqmagik
    Blaqmagik
    ✭✭✭

I would participate in that event and encourage everyone I know to do so as well. It sounds quite fun and enjoyable.

How does it sound enjoyable? Literally all they've said about it at this point is that it's an "event". Nothing substantial to base an opinion from.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaqmagik wrote: »

How does it sound enjoyable? Literally all they've said about it at this point is that it's an "event". Nothing substantial to base an opinion from.

I was referring to the event I quoted which would be the most enjoyable event in the game this year (for me).
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who is very anxious about ZOS walking back pts change and generally chilling out with dramatic buffs and nerfs, that is to say, as someone who is very anxious to see the patch notes...w e ' r e g o i n g t o b e o k a y. It's one day. Woosah. (I'm telling myself this as much as anyone B) )
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arjuna1696 wrote: »
    As someone who is very anxious about ZOS walking back pts change and generally chilling out with dramatic buffs and nerfs, that is to say, as someone who is very anxious to see the patch notes...w e ' r e g o i n g t o b e o k a y. It's one day. Woosah. (I'm telling myself this as much as anyone B) )

True, but if one day doesn't matter, why hold them back a day to begin with? It goes both ways.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone! We know you’re anxious to see what the next PTS patch has in store. One of the events we’ll be testing on the PTS this week is actually something we haven’t announced yet, but will be very soon! As such, we’ll be holding the build and associated patch notes until tomorrow so as not to spoil anything. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience. Also keep in mind we’ll be performing a PC EU character copy with this upcoming patch, so please plan accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Gina, we know this isn't your fault as you are at Twitchcon most likely traveling home and we do not mean to kill the messenger but jesus christ is this brutal.

Week 3 entails most of the combat changes that go live and we look forward to it and the Dev team did not deliver. And if it was always going to be pushed back it should have been conveyed that way. We all realize something happened while trying to get it live, we are all somewhat high thinking adults and trying to pull the wool over our eyes is a slap in the face, so just convey that is what happened and not some random excuse. This is like saying the dog ate your homework when really you were just too lazy to do it.

Note: All of the angst in this thread should be directed at the game devs who have let us down, again. Keep your spite away from Gina since she has nothing to do with how these patches get pushed, thanks.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spell crafting announcement obviously.
    Solo dungeon mode to go with Undaunted event obviously.
    Removal of classes to go with standardization obviously.
    Edited by karekiz on September 30, 2019 8:01PM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    players should be tormented from time to time.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it the prologue quest everyone has already done on Live. :o
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »
    Either ZOS is unware of just how large a section of their long-term player base is on the fence about dropping the game or they're just daring us to go through with the change.

You know they are aware because of the Combat Article posted on the website this week. Now, whether they actually acknowledge that this going to cause a large drop in the player population is quite another thing.

My bet is they won't until AFTER they see the big drop with U24....and by then it is too late. The MMO market is fickle like that.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwing in a little something extra to once again try and distract from the pts let downs maybe?
  • bulcke10
    bulcke10
    ✭✭✭
    They did it again 😂😂 how do they do that? Disappoint us again and this time without the patch notes 😂😂😂 they scared 🤬🤬🤬🤬of the bad patch notes today
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so true. No one even cares about the content coming with Southern Elsweyr right now because these rapid changes in combat skills have got a lot of people in an uproar. To be honest, if these notes don't show a dramatic turn in what was released with the initial notes, all the content and/or event announcements in the world aren't going to save it.

I really do wonder if ZoS really understands just how many of their customers are fed up at this point and are already starting to leave the game. They are even losing their long term influencers at this point. Perhaps they should spend some time reviewing Alcast, Fengrush and DottzGaming videos of the PTS notes and recent combat fluff article piece. All three of them are seeing the same things that most of us have - people are extremely upset with this combat team at the moment - so much so that many are now looking for other pastures to get their MMO fix.
    Edited by Wayshuba on September 30, 2019 8:16PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

I realize this is meant to be lighthearted, but it's tone deaf to the way the community is feeling about the yoyo sledgehammer each patch notes has been and that this is typically THE week that combat gets set in stone.

We'd be a lot less annoyed if you just said, "Hey someone in marketing didn't finish the blog post about an upcoming new event so we gotta hold it for a day. Sorry."

It's actually fine. It's the patch notes, that's it. You'll get them tomorrow, instead of today.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Could you please use "I" when expressing YOUR thoughts, instead of "we" ?
    I couldn't possibly care less about any sort of combat changes, but I'm all hyped about any event, especially a new one.
    Nefas wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I waited all my life for these patch notes. Ever since I was a little boy, I'd always write to Santa that I wanted to see the patch notes for ESO PTS v5.2.2. While all the other children were playing outside in the snow with their new Christmas toys, I sat on the stairs looking at the door to see if the mailman would drop off the patch notes. I missed my own wedding, lost my leg and dropped out of Oxford to see these patch notes. Every time I put my head on the pillow at 2:01 AM in the morning after refreshing the PTS forum page over and over, I would whisper to myself in the darkness "5, 2, 2" and the next morning I would wake up with a pillow wet with my tears.

That is just GOLDEN ! Thanks, @Nefas , well done ! :-) :D
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 30, 2019 9:20PM
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY? What does one day matter? Why can't you just show us what you have nerfed now?

SURPRISE MECHANICS !!! BOI!

What will be behind that door of pleasure and surprise xD
    QtDshPK.gif
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to say this, but the target audience for ZOS is the general playerbase.

The players who play on the PTS are even smaller than the portion who pay attention to the PTS, and judging by the players who are blindsided by the Live Update changes, even they are tiny in comparison to the players who will eventually participate in the Event, whatever it is.

ZOS knows exactly what their target audience is: the majority of players who will happily particpate in this Event.

Just to be perfectly clear, my post was about target audience in PTS. Of course the target audience overall is the general playerbase. However, i'm of the opinion that the target audience in PTS is more than just the general player. Although, my opinion maybe clouded due to the nearly unanimous posts in the PTS forum complaining about the delay, including a lopsided poll here showing that most don't care about the new event..
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495761/do-you-care-about-the-new-event/p1