The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on PTS v5.2.2 Maintenance

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    No one cares about the event. Most are trying to figure out if they still should support this team or not.

Speak for yourself.
    Options
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Lol, this is a safe space. They will delete your post if it in any way offended them. But they will gladly consider you stupid.
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event is the purge anyone who gets played killed is permadeath and loses that character forever.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I stop hitting F5 now?
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Please slowly raise your hands above your head,

those of you who care less about some event and just want to see the combat changes.

In case you didn't know, much of your target audience in PTS are not those who get hyped up about an event or a shiny new costume in the crown store. Your target audience cares about how the combat changes affect their gameplay. Unless your new event is winning a chance to get all the changes reverted, then most don't really care.

I hate to say this, but the target audience for ZOS is the general playerbase.

The players who play on the PTS are even smaller than the portion who pay attention to the PTS, and judging by the players who are blindsided by the Live Update changes, even they are tiny in comparison to the players who will eventually participate in the Event, whatever it is.

ZOS knows exactly what their target audience is: the majority of players who will happily particpate in this Event.

I main MagDk. I’M NOT PARTICIPATING IN THAT EVENT.

I deleted my feathers second event that had them. Don’t want the mount. Don’t got the mount. I don’t care about the end of the season of the Dragon...they canceled Mid-Year...geeze.

Please let us know how they bungled combat so we can roll on lol.

Options
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    "we've fixed an issue where people would log on and enjoy the ESO experience"
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Please slowly raise your hands above your head,

those of you who care less about some event and just want to see the combat changes.

In case you didn't know, much of your target audience in PTS are not those who get hyped up about an event or a shiny new costume in the crown store. Your target audience cares about how the combat changes affect their gameplay. Unless your new event is winning a chance to get all the changes reverted, then most don't really care.

The players who play on the PTS are even smaller than the portion who pay attention to the PTS, and judging by the players who are blindsided by the Live Update changes, even they are tiny in comparison to the players who will eventually participate in the Event, whatever it is.

ZOS knows exactly what their target audience is: the majority of players who will happily particpate in this Event.

I main MagDk. I’M NOT PARTICIPATING IN THAT EVENT.

I deleted my feathers second event that had them. Don’t want the mount. Don’t got the mount. I don’t care about the end of the season of the Dragon...they canceled Mid-Year...geeze.

Please let us know how they bungled combat so we can roll on lol.

Literally don't give a damn about events I just want my build to stop roller coasting eventually the cart going to fall off because damn I'm tired of it, gimme the notes so I know if I can still care :smile:
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • p4l4mu7
    p4l4mu7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next patch notes "dots now heal enemies"
    Options
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any rough time frame for when during the day they will be released? :)

Probably late morning, eastern time.

Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

cscm7b4czp5u.gif
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p4l4mu7 wrote: »
    Next patch notes "dots now heal enemies"

If you take into consideration the amount of dps you lose from using dots this could be seen as a passive heal.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »
    Guys, It's one day

Calm your farms.

Man shut up lol! Caws WTF does “Calm your farms.” MEAN lol 😂
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a SAD day when The Elder Scrolls Online has come to this...
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a sad day when I agree with you Jump, it's sad indeed. Hahahahaha just playing man.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok 🙄
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's a sad day when I agree with you Jump, it's sad indeed. Hahahahaha just playing man.

Hahahaha I AWESOMED that :p
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any rough time frame for when during the day they will be released? :)

Probably late morning, eastern time.

Also, this has nothing to do with the contents of the combat patch notes. Please slowly raise your hands above your head, and gently remove your tinfoil hat ;)

Nice. Thanks for your sincere consideration. Nothing like a little condescending attitude to fuel the fire. Again, another indication of what little regard they pay to the players who support the game. Get a clue. People are extremely upset with the direction game combat is headed. Amidst the dread that it will continue, against all logic, we're hoping our voices are heard and things will change. It matters because we care...not because we're some group of conspiratorial nut bags.
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch notes published= Salt overload

Patch notes not published= Salt overload
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps if you made minor adjustments and tweaks in keeping with a rational, clearly articulated vision instead of game upending changes every few months, we'd be happy (and have time) to test upcoming events.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes published= Salt overload

Patch notes not published= Salt overload

It also does not matter what the patch notes say.

If they don't touch Dot damage, that group will have a fit. If they do, but too much, a different group will have cows. If they pick a place in the middle, both will team up and burn ZOS in effigy. Meanwhile, any other problems not addressed in this patch will spawn countless smaller dramas.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but I am going to disagree with you here. One has only look at the drop in daily logins to your guild registers since U24 Patch Notes dropped to see this is NOT the case. You can also see the decrease in population in popular hubs like the Vivec City crafting area. You can also see it in how guilds are struggling to put 12 people together for trials because no one wants to put the effort in to have a trial ready build to have it all blown up three months later.

Furthermore, well known influencers that people reference quite often for builds are saying in their videos they are seeing the same drop off. One of the most well known ones also has tried to tell people to give them until the next Chapter and, in his most recent video, he says they are not buying it. He even states that by all appearances it seems this combat team doesn't have a clue what they are doing. There is no other way to explain the wild swings from patch to patch like you would in an alpha game.

I say alpha game, because I have been in two MMO betas in the past - SWTOR and GW2 - and even in beta, they never adjusted classed with this kind of wild swing.

People always assume the minority doesn't read forums or follow influencers. In today's hyper-connected world that could not be further from the truth. Guild chat on all my guilds blew up with anger at the proposed U24 changes. Seems a LOT of them actually do read the forums.

I am going to say this right now, having experienced this in many past MMOs, if these changes go live ESO is going to see a marked decrease in player population. You have no idea just how many people are fed up with the way this combat team haphazardly approaches each patch without any goal in sight (and they do not have a goal - the buff and subsequent major nerf to DoTs shows they haven't the slightest clue what they are trying to do or at least how to get there).
    Edited by Wayshuba on September 30, 2019 10:29PM
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me preface this by saying I'm in no way agreeing with the move here. But I think I understand where it's coming from. ZoS is a business. They are there to make money. Today is Sept. 30th. Its also the very last day of the 3rd fiscal quarter of the year. Someone very high up in marketing probably declared this new event can not be shown or mentioned before the start of the 4th quarter. Which is Oct. 1st.....tomorrow.

As much as none of us cares about that, it's a business thing. Not a "make the poor player base wait" thing. I'm betting there will be new re-skinned mounts or some other fluff crate crap that goes along with this new event. Just like a new intel chip might be rumored around, they won't officially announce it till the time of year/fiscal period is ready for it.

I think the alternative would be to make everyone sign an NDA just to play the PTS, and since many wouldn't bother, it'd mean being even more blind-sided by the changes. With even less recourse to voice our disdain for them on these forums =(

"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    You're giving far too much credit.
    Options
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    They nerfed our ability to rage on forums for now.
    Options
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also

v2hpzqgfuqoc.jpg

Okay...this needs to be a free item in the crown store or whatever...
    Options
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a testing server... It doesn't follow the release schedule of the live game, and it never will. It will have delays, it will have downtimes.

You don't pay for it. You aren't entitled to it.

The purpose of it is for people to test specific areas of the game. ESO is far, far larger than just "class deals this damage". There's quests, there's events, there's music, there's zones to explore, there's housing.

Every single patch notes thread starts with Gina explaining the purpose of that week's PTS, asking us to test a specific mechanic, event or feature. How can you expect to provide constructive and helpful criticism if you're unwilling to read the first paragraph of a developer post?
    Edited by Marto on September 30, 2019 10:53PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying I'm in no way agreeing with the move here. But I think I understand where it's coming from. ZoS is a business. They are there to make money. Today is Sept. 30th. Its also the very last day of the 3rd fiscal quarter of the year. Someone very high up in marketing probably declared this new event can not be shown or mentioned before the start of the 4th quarter. Which is Oct. 1st.....tomorrow.

Honestly don't give a flying *** what any marketing executive says.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even pts patch notes are now lagging.
    Options
  • DNeiman
    DNeiman
    Is this a 15 hour or 24 hour pacht
    Options
  • TheNightflame