Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Delparis wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Delparis wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Based on what everyone is saying, I don't think ZOS will ever implement most ideas we are coming up with...they just make too much sense, logically.

    However, IMO, I would gladly like to see the following for the class in the future without making it blatantly OP:

    1. ER drop the snare completely and get Minor Maim to enemies within it's circle. This would really help both Stamplar and Magplar out defensively. Right now, Templar toolkit just has too much Snare (it's arguably our only debuff spanned across three class skill lines...)

    2. Jabs/Sweeps targeting mechanic to be changed completely. Single Target channel attack that has splash damage up to 3 nearby enemies. *Drop the damn Snare from Jabs; why not add damage bonus to last strike? Last strike does 300% more damage if target is under 50% health.

    3. Rework Sun Shield. If it were my decision, I would bring back Blinding Flashes.

    4. Update the Passive "Balanced Warrior" to be such. Increase Weapon/Spell Damage. Increase Physical/Spell Resistance

    5. Really Dawn's Wrath skill line is in a good place. Eclipse is a bit wonky, but really all ZOS can do at this point is change the skill to something completely different. A flat out root skill would be nice.

    6. For Repentance...this skill is controversial. What I would recommend for it is to actively apply Life Steal while attacking an enemy + double the current Stamina return from corpses (Remove the Health return from corpses ofc).

    8. Possibly change Master Ritualist from increase resurrection speed to increased attack speed (Reduce channels by .02/.04 sec)?


    Bottom line, when all is said and done...ZOS won't do any of this, nor any other suggestion we come up with. Why? Because they are arrogant and if they didn't come up with the idea, it won't happen. The other alternative is that it's just too much work to implement.

    So many Templar skills missed their "Audits" and could have been changed to become at the very least, more fluent to play with. I will not disagree that Templars are, in general, in a good spot. However, I will say that Templars are no where near where they should be in the first place.

    I like most of these particularly the point about snares coming from too many places, minor maim would be great although maybe too strong especially in 1v1 as essentially you’d have 100% uptime. Would be amazing for 1vX though. I like the balanced warrior change a lot and it makes sense. And it’s definitely time to change how jabs works, way passed time.

    I really don't think that Maim would be too OP. Most classes get inherit defense bonuses that Templars do not get. Also, lack of mobility compared to other classes would benefit the use of the high cost cleanse while remaining inside it.

    Everyone on the forums is griping over how OP Cleanse is, but fail to understand that the difference in cost between Templar's ER and Alliance War Efficient Purge is only 500 Mag. 5 Effects vs 3 Effects.

    I would be totally okay with ZOS reducing the cleansed effects of ER to 3 IF they instituted a priority feature that prioritizes negative effects to be cleansed first. Also, (not just for ER) but all "cleansed" or "purged" effects should have a 2 second cooldown from being reapplied.

    Not to mention, all classes currently benefit from using Onslaught to gain high penetration EXCEPT for Templar. Jabs/Sweeps does not benefit from the penetration bonus, as it's not direct damage. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

    You are wrong. The skill specifically says direct damage and channels.
    Also templar has no inherent defense?
    Minor protection and minor mending both help defensively. We have the best purge skill, myraid of snares, magplar has one of the highest tooltip burstheals, living dark etc.

    No it doesnt. Are you thinking of the DK ultimate?

    That is so fing weird, on the pts when they changed it to not affect dot damage the tooltip specifically said driect damage and channels, and it worked for jabs.
    I guess they removed that part on live, lol? Thats so weird. Im at work but ill do some tests after to see whats going on, there was no mention anywhere as to why channels would be excluded...

    Edit: K ive double checked it and in 5.1.2 pts notes it still says channels, so it was sneak changed for live with no explanation or they just forgot. If anyone can test it pls do, will be a few hours b4 i can.

    5.1.5 patch notes. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488626/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-1-5-scalebreaker-update-23#latest
    Onslaught (morph): This morph no longer refunds Ultimate cost if you gain a killing blow with it. Instead, it converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration for your Direct Damage attacks, and increases the duration from 8 seconds to a maximum of 12 seconds. It also no longer ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank.

    It says on the morph just direct damage in game. I would have to test it but I think it might have worked on sweeps/jabs at one point but they stealth changed jabs to be a DOT so not double mitigated by CP, yet cannot take advantage of this.

    Yes i have seen that, on the 5.1.2 notes, when onslaught was changed not to include dot damage, it stated channels and direct damage attacks.
    Im on mobile, dont ask me to insert the quote, but its there. Since than, there was no explanation as to why channels would be excluded, even tho it seems they changed the wording at least. Very weird.
    I guess i shouldnt be suprised at this point.

    Ok home from work now, a quick testing on a target dummy shows, my jabs hits almost twice as hard with onlsaught up than without.
    I removed all sources of pen from the build quickly, including CP.
    My Jabs were hitting the dummy for 3.9k crits(0buffs including brutality) without Onslaught, with the ulti buff up it went up to 6.3k per jab.
    So yeah, i think they just forgot to put the wording in, Onslaught is definetly great for jaby jabs.

    So jabs are only decent during ulti buff...
    Talking about a spammable skill

    Im sorry which part of my post gives you that idea?
    I literally said i was completely unbuffed, my build has about 3.5k wpd unbuffed so ofc my jabs hit like crap, and i removed all pen sources as well.
    Fully buffed on the same dummy, with my cp and everything in place i get far higher numbers ofc.

    3.9k without onslaught vs 6.3k with onslaught.

    Huge difference for only 1 buff applied imo

    You do realize that's per hit? 4 in a second, right?

    Jabs and sweeps are really good right now that they are not mitigated by both direct damage and DOT mitigation

    That dummy has 18k resistances, that i was ignoring with the onslaught buff. Thats more than 4spriggans 5piece combined.
    Jabs is fine damage wise, the new/old targeting im not a fan of.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Jabs problem itself ZOS should finally come to mind about what is spammable channel attacks of Flurry and Jabs is and come to fixed ruleset for those abilities.
    Both are unique DoT type but more like Direct DoT, and can be blocked like direct attack while benefit from dot stuff. It like direct damage attack but not front-loaded into 1 tick but into several ticks.
    In old rules of those attacks it was considered as straight DoT and proc only dot-related stuff, however in latest update it partly updated to be considered as direct spammable attacks, however that brought even more inconsistence:
    1. For newer set it count as direct attacks - Reinald Resolve can proc even despite it proc only on direct damage attacks while Azureblight that proc on dots can't proc it. However for older sets it still count as dot attack and can proc stuff like Skoria but unable to proc direct damage stuff like Bloodthorn.
    2. Balance-wise those channeled attacks were considered as direct aggressive attacks, i.e. direct damage, and thus Onslaught and Corrosive Armor does buff it. However skill like Eclipse that should proc on direct damage do not proc it as it still considered as DoTs against it.
    3. Even between each other despite being similar it perform differently - Flurry is "dot dot" (in combat text damage numbers shows as dot type attack), however Jabs is more like "direct dot" (in combat text damage numbers shows as direct damage attacks) and thus it can proc stuff like Selene that should proc only on direct damage attacks.

    1. Given it unique nature of spammable dot I believe zos should unify ruleset for those abilities and fully update to benefit of its dual nature to be considered for proc damage as both Damage over Time and Direct Damage attacks for procs, i.e. when enemy wears Senche-raht's Grit that proc on enemy dot - jabs shouldn't proc set to make it count as direct damage attack. When user wear Skoria that proc on dots - jabs should proc set, when user wears Nerien'eth that proc on direct damage - jabs should proc set. I.e. Combo effect.
    Jabs should be updated to follow Flurry dot mechanic - so in combat text Jabs will be shown as dot ticks instead of direct damage.
    2. Make one ability as baseline for future spammable channels(Flurry) and other one as Rulebreaker(Jabs).

    ^^Smth like this. However solution should evade double reductions that was bane of those dual nature skills in the past when both direct damage and DoT Red CP were reducing its damage but only DoT Blue CP was buffing it. So if in the furure there will be staff that reduce damage of DoTs - obviously it will hurt those channels again.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 2, 2019 8:39AM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what i think Pucturing swings morphs should be

    Jabs:
    Launch a relentless assault, striking enemies in front of you four times with your Aedric spear. The spear deals 341 Physical Damage to all enemies in front of you and apply to them a dot that deals 137 Physical Damage every 0.5 sec for 2 sec. The first strike reduces the Movement Speed of the closest enemy by 70% for 2 seconds. Activating this ability grants you Major Savagery, increasing your Weapon Critical rating by 2191 for 8 seconds

    Sweeps:
    Launch a relentless assault, striking enemies in front of you four times with your Aedric spear. The spear deals 341 Magic Damage to all enemies in front of you and apply to them a dot that deals 137 Magic Damage every 0.5 sec for 2 sec. The first strike reduces the Movement Speed of the closest enemy by 70% for 2 seconds. You heal for 100% of the damage done with this ability.
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with the Templar. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!

    lol like this ever works in players favor

    stop embarrassing yourself you have done enough

    cheers
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Akh
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    Imperial Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane I
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    Breton Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1109cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Apart from Jabs problem itself ZOS should finally come to mind about what is spammable channel attacks of Flurry and Jabs is and come to fixed ruleset for those abilities.
    Both are unique DoT type but more like Direct DoT, and can be blocked like direct attack while benefit from dot stuff. It like direct damage attack but not front-loaded into 1 tick but into several ticks.
    In old rules of those attacks it was considered as straight DoT and proc only dot-related stuff, however in latest update it partly updated to be considered as direct spammable attacks, however that brought even more inconsistence:
    1. For newer set it count as direct attacks - Reinald Resolve can proc even despite it proc only on direct damage attacks while Azureblight that proc on dots can't proc it. However for older sets it still count as dot attack and can proc stuff like Skoria but unable to proc direct damage stuff like Bloodthorn.
    2. Balance-wise those channeled attacks were considered as direct aggressive attacks, i.e. direct damage, and thus Onslaught and Corrosive Armor does buff it. However skill like Eclipse that should proc on direct damage do not proc it as it still considered as DoTs against it.
    3. Even between each other despite being similar it perform differently - Flurry is "dot dot" (in combat text damage numbers shows as dot type attack), however Jabs is more like "direct dot" (in combat text damage numbers shows as direct damage attacks) and thus it can proc stuff like Selene that should proc only on direct damage attacks.

    1. Given it unique nature of spammable dot I believe zos should unify ruleset for those abilities and fully update to benefit of its dual nature to be considered for proc damage as both Damage over Time and Direct Damage attacks for procs, i.e. when enemy wears Senche-raht's Grit that proc on enemy dot - jabs shouldn't proc set to make it count as direct damage attack. When user wear Skoria that proc on dots - jabs should proc set, when user wears Nerien'eth that proc on direct damage - jabs should proc set. I.e. Combo effect.
    Jabs should be updated to follow Flurry dot mechanic - so in combat text Jabs will be shown as dot ticks instead of direct damage.
    2. Make one ability as baseline for future spammable channels(Flurry) and other one as Rulebreaker(Jabs).

    ^^Smth like this. However solution should evade double reductions that was bane of those dual nature skills in the past when both direct damage and DoT Red CP were reducing its damage but only DoT Blue CP was buffing it. So if in the furure there will be staff that reduce damage of DoTs - obviously it will hurt those channels again.

    I mean, id prefer if it was fully treated as direct damage, as there are some cool things that it could synergise with like scathing mage.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Apart from Jabs problem itself ZOS should finally come to mind about what is spammable channel attacks of Flurry and Jabs is and come to fixed ruleset for those abilities.
    Both are unique DoT type but more like Direct DoT, and can be blocked like direct attack while benefit from dot stuff. It like direct damage attack but not front-loaded into 1 tick but into several ticks.
    In old rules of those attacks it was considered as straight DoT and proc only dot-related stuff, however in latest update it partly updated to be considered as direct spammable attacks, however that brought even more inconsistence:
    1. For newer set it count as direct attacks - Reinald Resolve can proc even despite it proc only on direct damage attacks while Azureblight that proc on dots can't proc it. However for older sets it still count as dot attack and can proc stuff like Skoria but unable to proc direct damage stuff like Bloodthorn.
    2. Balance-wise those channeled attacks were considered as direct aggressive attacks, i.e. direct damage, and thus Onslaught and Corrosive Armor does buff it. However skill like Eclipse that should proc on direct damage do not proc it as it still considered as DoTs against it.
    3. Even between each other despite being similar it perform differently - Flurry is "dot dot" (in combat text damage numbers shows as dot type attack), however Jabs is more like "direct dot" (in combat text damage numbers shows as direct damage attacks) and thus it can proc stuff like Selene that should proc only on direct damage attacks.

    1. Given it unique nature of spammable dot I believe zos should unify ruleset for those abilities and fully update to benefit of its dual nature to be considered for proc damage as both Damage over Time and Direct Damage attacks for procs, i.e. when enemy wears Senche-raht's Grit that proc on enemy dot - jabs shouldn't proc set to make it count as direct damage attack. When user wear Skoria that proc on dots - jabs should proc set, when user wears Nerien'eth that proc on direct damage - jabs should proc set. I.e. Combo effect.
    Jabs should be updated to follow Flurry dot mechanic - so in combat text Jabs will be shown as dot ticks instead of direct damage.
    2. Make one ability as baseline for future spammable channels(Flurry) and other one as Rulebreaker(Jabs).

    ^^Smth like this. However solution should evade double reductions that was bane of those dual nature skills in the past when both direct damage and DoT Red CP were reducing its damage but only DoT Blue CP was buffing it. So if in the furure there will be staff that reduce damage of DoTs - obviously it will hurt those channels again.

    I mean, id prefer if it was fully treated as direct damage, as there are some cool things that it could synergise with like scathing mage.

    When it comes to procs jabs in latest update was treated that way and count as direct damage (but only for new/updated stuff), because it serve same role as other instant spammables - to deal damage within 1sec gcd, so i believe zos should fully update it for all procs.

    But also flurry/jabs still remain as dot that just work within 1sec with its damage being shared within its entire time instead just 1 frontloaded attack, and this is coming to own pros and cons (sadly it mostly suffer from being channel). Dot that just have smaller timeframe should be able to also benefit procs based dots.
    Dual benefit as some of benefit of being spammable channel. Right now it suffer from inconsistence of its role in combat (spammable like rest direct attacks) and mechanic of dealing damage(dealing damage over time).
    Edited by Cinbri on September 2, 2019 9:24PM
  • scirocco2
    scirocco2
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    The heal from living dark should scale from your highest offensive stats

    Amen. And make a freakin stamina morph of some skills lol. I’ve got a 14k mag pool and it’s barely sufficient. We need a stamina gap closer ASAP.

    You now have 2 to choose from, one on the dw line and one on 2h line

    That guaranteed off balance tho. Some crappy weapon gap closer doesn’t compare.

    Edit: the DW gap closer is garbage since especially this patch stamina will need the rally heal so its redundant and a pos. It doesn't even gap close on the initial activation I don't think. I think people just hate stamina templars really. Every time I suggest a buff for them people *** their pants lol. Stamina Templars must be the least played class in PvP overall. Theres a reason for that. All the respect to my Magplar comrades but you guys are kinda hording the class skills. Any other classes aside from maybe sorcs have to share a bit more.

    Even this thread which is supposed to be the Templar Class thread is clearly 98% the Magicka Templar thread.

    Well for stamina its weapon skills you should be looking at stamina classes dont use their class skills mutch, they made 2h skills for ex now extremly op in pvp, but yes I agree about dw it should be buffed some give it a buff símilar to 2h buff so they dont need to use 2h also for the buff.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant aura still might be the worst skill/morph in the game. I know i just wont shut up about it. Squeaky wheel over here.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Radiant aura still might be the worst skill/morph in the game. I know i just wont shut up about it. Squeaky wheel over here.

    Actually mentioned in another thread that I prefer it over ele drain in group fights. Doesnt get purged, and in chaos if lots of targets, you dont have to worry about if the 1 you're attacking is giving you resources due to the AOE nature. Its also passively giving a recovery boost for all 3 resources. it's fine as is.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Radiant aura still might be the worst skill/morph in the game. I know i just wont shut up about it. Squeaky wheel over here.

    Actually mentioned in another thread that I prefer it over ele drain in group fights. Doesnt get purged, and in chaos if lots of targets, you dont have to worry about if the 1 you're attacking is giving you resources due to the AOE nature. Its also passively giving a recovery boost for all 3 resources. it's fine as is.

    I wish I could just single bar it and still get the passive boosts on both bars.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Radiant aura still might be the worst skill/morph in the game. I know i just wont shut up about it. Squeaky wheel over here.

    Actually mentioned in another thread that I prefer it over ele drain in group fights. Doesnt get purged, and in chaos if lots of targets, you dont have to worry about if the 1 you're attacking is giving you resources due to the AOE nature. Its also passively giving a recovery boost for all 3 resources. it's fine as is.

    Its just far too niche.

    Minor mag steal is far less desirable with sets like Grunwolf, overwhelming, false gods etc.. in combination with skills like degeneration, soul trap and the usual synergies. Also the passive recovery doesnt really amount to much and is lost on bar swaps.

    compare it to similar skills. Ele drain has breach, soul siphon has minor life steal and while mark doesnt last as long or have minor mag steal it does have 1 situation where it is the supreme skill.

    I know u use it and like it. No judgements but i feel that its a complete waste of a bar spot. I mean if your group is not coordinated and calling out targets with ele drain then i have to ask why are you slotting a group utility skill?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is templars have a few skills that could be adjusted to help a templar tank out and barely anybody would miss them.

    I just dont get why a magicka repentance would be soo OP when we have sets and skills that already do that now.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Radiant aura still might be the worst skill/morph in the game. I know i just wont shut up about it. Squeaky wheel over here.

    Actually mentioned in another thread that I prefer it over ele drain in group fights. Doesnt get purged, and in chaos if lots of targets, you dont have to worry about if the 1 you're attacking is giving you resources due to the AOE nature. Its also passively giving a recovery boost for all 3 resources. it's fine as is.

    Its just far too niche.

    Minor mag steal is far less desirable with sets like Grunwolf, overwhelming, false gods etc.. in combination with skills like degeneration, soul trap and the usual synergies. Also the passive recovery doesnt really amount to much and is lost on bar swaps.

    compare it to similar skills. Ele drain has breach, soul siphon has minor life steal and while mark doesnt last as long or have minor mag steal it does have 1 situation where it is the supreme skill.

    I know u use it and like it. No judgements but i feel that its a complete waste of a bar spot. I mean if your group is not coordinated and calling out targets with ele drain then i have to ask why are you slotting a group utility skill?

    It's not so easy all the time to have 1 target if you are fighting another group with the poor targeting in the game and enemies falling back into zergs or just plain disappearing. Sure; ele drain performs better on a single target but saving an opportunity cost of having to recast it when you already also have to reapply DOT? It's a fair tradeoff. Single target effectiveness vs convenience.

    Sounds like you wanting it to be a magicka repentance would be motivated to run both it as well as ele drain and that could become problematic from a balance standpoint.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Radiant aura still might be the worst skill/morph in the game. I know i just wont shut up about it. Squeaky wheel over here.

    Actually mentioned in another thread that I prefer it over ele drain in group fights. Doesnt get purged, and in chaos if lots of targets, you dont have to worry about if the 1 you're attacking is giving you resources due to the AOE nature. Its also passively giving a recovery boost for all 3 resources. it's fine as is.

    Its just far too niche.

    Minor mag steal is far less desirable with sets like Grunwolf, overwhelming, false gods etc.. in combination with skills like degeneration, soul trap and the usual synergies. Also the passive recovery doesnt really amount to much and is lost on bar swaps.

    compare it to similar skills. Ele drain has breach, soul siphon has minor life steal and while mark doesnt last as long or have minor mag steal it does have 1 situation where it is the supreme skill.

    I know u use it and like it. No judgements but i feel that its a complete waste of a bar spot. I mean if your group is not coordinated and calling out targets with ele drain then i have to ask why are you slotting a group utility skill?

    It's not so easy all the time to have 1 target if you are fighting another group with the poor targeting in the game and enemies falling back into zergs or just plain disappearing. Sure; ele drain performs better on a single target but saving an opportunity cost of having to recast it when you already also have to reapply DOT? It's a fair tradeoff. Single target effectiveness vs convenience.

    Sounds like you wanting it to be a magicka repentance would be motivated to run both it as well as ele drain and that could become problematic from a balance standpoint.

    Good point
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why arent we talking about doing something about Restoring Aura here. Why the AOE minir magickasteal when you can only steal from one NPC and it's clearly better to use Elemental Drain for your minor magickasteal.

    This skill needs to be redone or become a rule breaker skill like every other class has by allowing the Templar to gain magickasteal from every target affected limiting the targets to 10 and dropping the amount of magickasteal to 100 to balance it out.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh*
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templar is still the squishiest class in the game.
    no dmg mitigation, no shields and no skill for mobility.
    something should be done to fix that
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    templar is still the squishiest class in the game.
    no dmg mitigation, no shields and no skill for mobility.
    something should be done to fix that

    I disagree. We take advantage of block. Shield users do not. Block is worlds better.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everytime i see King Arthur and his army, this reminds me of the templars and i just /facepalm

    Edited by Delparis on September 10, 2019 6:49PM
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    this class is broken as hell and need's to get addressed asap!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread
    Edited by technohic on September 11, 2019 12:22PM
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pain Points Revisited (Patch https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491204/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-17-0-0-scalebreaker-update-23)

    Player Background: I play primarily for overland PvE/questing and enjoy clearing world bosses by myself. I occasionally do 4-person dungeons and even more rarely, trials. I have little to no interest in any sort of PvP.

    Character Background: I currently have one templar. He is an artificer with an insatiable curiosity and boundless optimism. In terms of build-speak, he is my dedicated tank character (stamina) but can do well as a dd/tank with a bit of gear swapping.

    I have been playing him quite a lot since this patch dropped and I had to make quite a few changes to this character to keep him working as my primary tank. These changes were not the result of changes to class skill lines, however. While I've never been happier with how he works as a primary tank, that he's gotten his added utility from non-class skill still points to some deficiencies in his class-based toolkit. To elaborate on those:
    • No Class-Based Root/Stun/Pull. I love that I can get all of these from other skill lines in the game now, but it does make it apparent that the class itself is really lacking in all of these. The new Turn Evil skill is amazing and screams "I should have been a class skill for templars." But that's probably because I've played a lot of D&D.
    • No Tank-Friendly Heal/Mitigation. The only mitigation tool a templar tank really has is Sun Shield (because Empowering Sweep was ruined for tanking a few patches ago) and they don't have a good self heal. These are the biggest challenges a templar tank faces for more difficult content and they become far more reliant on the party healer.

    I recognize there are challenges to addressing these issues because of how it will intersect with other gameplay types. As mentioned, I'm pretty darned happy with how this character is working right now, even if he is leaning heavily on non-class skills and gear to make up for the shortfalls.
    I play ESO on XBOX NA
    My gameplay focus is creativity - through storytelling, character design, and character development
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Pain Points Revisited (Patch https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491204/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-17-0-0-scalebreaker-update-23)

    Player Background: I play primarily for overland PvE/questing and enjoy clearing world bosses by myself. I occasionally do 4-person dungeons and even more rarely, trials. I have little to no interest in any sort of PvP.

    Character Background: I currently have one templar. He is an artificer with an insatiable curiosity and boundless optimism. In terms of build-speak, he is my dedicated tank character (stamina) but can do well as a dd/tank with a bit of gear swapping.

    I have been playing him quite a lot since this patch dropped and I had to make quite a few changes to this character to keep him working as my primary tank. These changes were not the result of changes to class skill lines, however. While I've never been happier with how he works as a primary tank, that he's gotten his added utility from non-class skill still points to some deficiencies in his class-based toolkit. To elaborate on those:
    • No Class-Based Root/Stun/Pull. I love that I can get all of these from other skill lines in the game now, but it does make it apparent that the class itself is really lacking in all of these. The new Turn Evil skill is amazing and screams "I should have been a class skill for templars." But that's probably because I've played a lot of D&D.
    • No Tank-Friendly Heal/Mitigation. The only mitigation tool a templar tank really has is Sun Shield (because Empowering Sweep was ruined for tanking a few patches ago) and they don't have a good self heal. These are the biggest challenges a templar tank faces for more difficult content and they become far more reliant on the party healer.

    I recognize there are challenges to addressing these issues because of how it will intersect with other gameplay types. As mentioned, I'm pretty darned happy with how this character is working right now, even if he is leaning heavily on non-class skills and gear to make up for the shortfalls.

    We also need passives that offer important group support that they can’t get anywhere else
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    what i think Pucturing swings morphs should be

    Jabs:
    Launch a relentless assault, striking enemies in front of you four times with your Aedric spear. The spear deals 341 Physical Damage to all enemies in front of you and apply to them a dot that deals 137 Physical Damage every 0.5 sec for 2 sec. The first strike reduces the Movement Speed of the closest enemy by 70% for 2 seconds. Activating this ability grants you Major Savagery, increasing your Weapon Critical rating by 2191 for 8 seconds

    Sweeps:
    Launch a relentless assault, striking enemies in front of you four times with your Aedric spear. The spear deals 341 Magic Damage to all enemies in front of you and apply to them a dot that deals 137 Magic Damage every 0.5 sec for 2 sec. The first strike reduces the Movement Speed of the closest enemy by 70% for 2 seconds. You heal for 100% of the damage done with this ability.

    Lemme get this straight, you wanna

    a) Increase the AOE damage component of this skill by 150%
    b) Add a short but strong DOT effect
    c) Move the potentially most oppressive snare in the entire game of this skill to the first hit
    d) Increase the healing component of this skill on paper by 150%, but in truth even far more since the AOE component would be buffed like crazy and the skill would have an additional DOT effect

    Are you nuts? Stuff like this is one of the reasons why no one takes you seriously on this forum. You could spam this proposed version of sweeps inside a zerg and be literally unkillable. Even hitting just 2 people with it would result in more healing than spamming honour the dead while dealing massive damage at the same time.
    PC EU
    StamDK, Magden, Magplar & Stamcro
  • SidewalkChalk5
    SidewalkChalk5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I disagree. We take advantage of block. Shield users do not. Block is worlds better.

    Not with channeled abilities, it's not.
    XBOX ONE | NA | 1200+ CP

    Magnielle | Aldmeri Dominion | High Elf | Templar | DPS/Healer | Grand Master Crafter | Former Emperor | The Flawless Conqueror
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passives that need attention:

    Burning Light - Just rework this passive, no passive should have a proc chance.

    Balanced Warrior - What's balanced about this passive? absolutely useless for magicka based Templars. How about 6% Weapon and Spell Damage?

    Light Weaver - Restoring Aura is absolute trash, Healing Ritual's ultimate gain is again useless due to how expensive Healing Ritual is. Rite of Passage already gives us major protection so why do we need more physical and spell resist while it's being channelled.

    Master Ritualist - is boring but has some usefullness for its niche moments.
    Edited by IronWooshu on September 11, 2019 11:47PM
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    this class is broken as hell and need's to get addressed asap!

    What's so broken about the class? Dont blame the class for the dot meta.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame the developers do not appreciate that the game suffers from a wide range of latency issues in different settings and regions.

    Jabs being a channel like others.....why is it a channel? Why have channels apart from ultimates? Surely a channel takes more server resources than a direct attack with an instant cast time.

    if it was good enough for nighblades to have a stam spammable that until recently did everything, why cant each stam class have its own instant cast spammable?

    Jabs in pvp..........on more than 300 ping.......ugh
    but at least you can sometimes hit stuff compared to dizzy swing
    Edited by GlorphNoldorin on September 12, 2019 8:40AM
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Ozazz wrote: »
    this class is broken as hell and need's to get addressed asap!

    What's so broken about the class? Dont blame the class for the dot meta.

    1) the fact that you have an aoe snare that is a spamable the size of cyrodiil
    2) the fact that you can completely disable any class with eclipse that is a spamable also it hard counter range too.
    3) no counter to jabs etc
    4) best healing in game as it should but its over the top.
    its currently bis for solo play and one of the best 1v1 classes in game= it's a support class.
    why should a support class overshadow the roll of strict dps classes, answer it shouldn't!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Ozazz wrote: »
    this class is broken as hell and need's to get addressed asap!

    What's so broken about the class? Dont blame the class for the dot meta.

    1) the fact that you have an aoe snare that is a spamable the size of cyrodiil
    2) the fact that you can completely disable any class with eclipse that is a spamable also it hard counter range too.
    3) no counter to jabs etc
    4) best healing in game as it should but its over the top.
    its currently bis for solo play and one of the best 1v1 classes in game= it's a support class.
    why should a support class overshadow the roll of strict dps classes, answer it shouldn't!

    It’s only BiS or near to because of its synergy with the new dots, the snare on Living dark is too frequent and also that synergy with the new fighters guild fear. Really the class, and lets make it clear this is magicka templar, is not OP it just happens to work best with the new additions. Aside the snare on Living Dark everything is pretty balanced. Also major evasion is a direct counter to jabs. In fact it’s the only spammable affected by major evasion I think on top of all other forms of mitigation.
Sign In or Register to comment.