Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Passives
    Templar passives need to be reworked to solid perks rather than proc or conditional perks.

Aedric Spear
    Burning Light is hardly a damage buff to any of the templar abilities since the proc is a 1 in 4 chance followed by a 0.5 second global cooldown. Puncturing Strikes and morphs is literally the only ability that truly benefits from the passive but you may as well make burning light part of Puncturing Strikes ability itself rather than a pseudo passive for the rest of the skill tree.

Burning Light passive should be replaced with a 15% Critical Damage buff with an Aedric Spear Ability Slotted

Piercing Spear should provide a Physical and Spell Penetration bonus of 660/1320 or so, while maintaining the 10% damage done to blocking targets. The 10% Critical Damage buff should be moved to Burning Light.

Balanced Warrior only gives a 6% Weapon Damage buff. There is no consideration for Spell Damage at all... This also does not near come on par with some SC reverse execute flat damage done and flat 5% damage done with physical and shock damage, WD Advanced Species damage done along with bird of pretty minor berserk passive slot, DK 50% status effect damage buff and upcoming 10% damage buff to Ardent Flame abilities.

Balanced Warrior needs to give 8% buff to Weapon AND Spell Damage.

Templars are greatly lacking Major Buffs so here's to adding them some time!
    Puncturing Strikes is a relatively weak damage ability as a base.
    Puncturing Strikes should heal as a base ability. Morphs should give either Major Prophecy or Major Sorcery.

Sunfire should give Major Sorcery while transferring Major Prophecy to Puncturing Sweep. Templars have no source of major sorcery in class skill line compared to other classes.

Dawn's Wrath
    Nova is largely underpowered in terms of damage and range. The ultimate requires strategic placement along with high ultimate cost... followed by a relatively short duration for an okay Major Debuff. Not that great compared to other class's field-changing ultimates that move, last longer, or stuns.

Enduring Rays only affects about 2 abilities in the skill tree. The third affective is largely conditional if morphed to the one it wants; basically dark flare benefits nothing from this passive.
    Enduring Rays should increase the duration of select abilities from 2 seconds to 4 seconds to make up for the other abilities that cannot have its duration increased because of damage threshold bursting(but I suppose it's not impossible).

Restoring Spirit needs to be buffed slightly considering templar sustainability is pretty lacking compared to DK, Sorc, and Warden. DK battle roar and recent passive rework gives them free resources without much of a need to use heavy attacks; even their heavy attacks get a buff from molten armaments. Sorc have resource conversion and persistent damage dealing with pets; little opportunity cost on channeling conversion. Warden's netch and low cost of class abilities in itself. Abilities deal high damage while having recovery tick time in between casts.

Templar's Radiant Aura does not count as a genuine sustain ability as it is easily replaced with Elemental Drain which does practically the same thing but better. Magicka Steal is pretty much 100% uptime from healers in pve content. I doubt a slot will be wasted for the minor buff to recovery, since 10% is not game changing at all.

Templar's Rune Focus costs resources and requires staying in one spot unless you want to spend resources to recast, which is illogical because you need resources of which is why it was cast to begin with.

Restoring Spirit should just be buffed from 4% to 8%

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passives
    Templar passives need to be reworked to solid perks rather than proc or conditional perks.

Aedric Spear
    Burning Light is hardly a damage buff to any of the templar abilities since the proc is a 1 in 4 chance followed by a 0.5 second global cooldown. Puncturing Strikes and morphs is literally the only ability that truly benefits from the passive but you may as well make burning light part of Puncturing Strikes ability itself rather than a pseudo passive for the rest of the skill tree.

Burning Light passive should be replaced with a 15% Critical Damage buff with an Aedric Spear Ability Slotted

Piercing Spear should provide a Physical and Spell Penetration bonus of 660/1320 or so, while maintaining the 10% damage done to blocking targets. The 10% Critical Damage buff should be moved to Burning Light.

Balanced Warrior only gives a 6% Weapon Damage buff. There is no consideration for Spell Damage at all... This also does not near come on par with some SC reverse execute flat damage done and flat 5% damage done with physical and shock damage, WD Advanced Species damage done along with bird of pretty minor berserk passive slot, DK 50% status effect damage buff and upcoming 10% damage buff to Ardent Flame abilities.

Balanced Warrior needs to give 8% buff to Weapon AND Spell Damage.

Templars are greatly lacking Major Buffs so here's to adding them some time!
    Puncturing Strikes is a relatively weak damage ability as a base.
    Puncturing Strikes should heal as a base ability. Morphs should give either Major Prophecy or Major Sorcery.

Sunfire should give Major Sorcery while transferring Major Prophecy to Puncturing Sweep. Templars have no source of major sorcery in class skill line compared to other classes.

Dawn's Wrath
    Nova is largely underpowered in terms of damage and range. The ultimate requires strategic placement along with high ultimate cost... followed by a relatively short duration for an okay Major Debuff. Not that great compared to other class's field-changing ultimates that move, last longer, or stuns.

Enduring Rays only affects about 2 abilities in the skill tree. The third affective is largely conditional if morphed to the one it wants; basically dark flare benefits nothing from this passive.
    Enduring Rays should increase the duration of select abilities from 2 seconds to 4 seconds to make up for the other abilities that cannot have its duration increased because of damage threshold bursting(but I suppose it's not impossible).

Restoring Spirit needs to be buffed slightly considering templar sustainability is pretty lacking compared to DK, Sorc, and Warden. DK battle roar and recent passive rework gives them free resources without much of a need to use heavy attacks; even their heavy attacks get a buff from molten armaments. Sorc have resource conversion and persistent damage dealing with pets; little opportunity cost on channeling conversion. Warden's netch and low cost of class abilities in itself. Abilities deal high damage while having recovery tick time in between casts.

Templar's Radiant Aura does not count as a genuine sustain ability as it is easily replaced with Elemental Drain which does practically the same thing but better. Magicka Steal is pretty much 100% uptime from healers in pve content. I doubt a slot will be wasted for the minor buff to recovery, since 10% is not game changing at all.

Templar's Rune Focus costs resources and requires staying in one spot unless you want to spend resources to recast, which is illogical because you need resources of which is why it was cast to begin with.

Restoring Spirit should just be buffed from 4% to 8%

You are wrong about burning light only proccing from puncturing strikes as they proc also from shards (major skill that proc them).

I agree that that .5 sec cooldown is a bad idea. Also burning light only proc on 1 target per .5 sec so don't help much with packs or mobs.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only really care for nova to be changed.

-Make it 200 ult base
    -When you cast it, make it hit the ground and pull and snare
    - give the synergy the direct damage big bang and major debuff
    - one stamina morph, one mag morph, identical capability
    For balance sake give it the telegraph and long travel time of that psijic AOE stun, so enemies have a chance to get out of dodge. Also it needs to keep its range. It's a pretty cool ultimate in reality. Would love to see it fall more in line with being a good outnumbered ability. Would use crescent sweep for 1v1 burst, would use nova on backbar for outnumbered chokepoints. I think it would be awesome solo outnumbered. Akin to magsorc atronach solo
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    I'm happy to hear about the buff to Radiant Destruction (Jesus Beam) and the reversal of the Rune Focus sustain nerf. But here are some other under-performing abilities/passives that should be re-examined.

Abilities:

Rite of Passage: Increase the healing speed/animation of Rite of Passage/Practiced Incantation/Remembrance (Templar healing ultimate). A Templar should not be able to die so easily and so quickly while channeling this ultimate ability. The healing animation/speed of this ability is far too slow in comparison to all other healing abilities. Please take a look at this.

Backlash: Allow Backlash/Power of the Light/Purifying Light to be casted/used from stealth without agro'ing the enemy (similar to NB's marked target ability).

Dark Flare: Remove the casting time of Dark Flare and/or greatly increase Dark Flare damage due to its casting time; (like Snipe -- Snipe does way more damage for the same casting time duration in comparison to Dark Flare).

Blazing Shield: ZOS slightly/successfully returned Jesus Beam to its former glory. Bravo. The same cannot be said to Templar tank's Blazing Shield, which already has several counters, including: Sloads, Shield Breaker, Knight Slayer, and more. Blazing Shield could use a buff to its strength and/or duration to compliment/counter the strength of Sorcerer's Hardened Ward because that is based off of Magicka instead of Health, and the over-performing Sloads (which has yet to be properly nerfed).

Eclipse: Please redesign Eclipse altogether. ZOS, check your ability useage telemetry/measurements/statistics. Hardly anyone uses this ability, especially in PvP, because everyone knows it is on them and it is free CC-immunity for enemy players. Eclipse needs to greatly be changed and reworked altogether, or remove it altogether, and give Templar back Blinding Light/Blinding Flashes with a catch, or something else entirely.

Repentance: It has been said time and time again about Repentance. Please re-buff this ability so Templar tank + Stamplar or Stamplar + Stamplar(s) do not have to fight each other for resource sustain/regen. Make Repentance's usage unique to each Templar themselves. They can coexist!

Piercing Javelin: Increase the damage. Even slightly? Or something. I don't know what else to say.

Passives:

Balanced Warrior: Add 6% spell damage and 2640 physical resistance to the 2/2 "Balanced Warrior" passive (which currently gives 6% weapon damage and 2640 spell resistance).

Spear Wall: Add a 10% reduction cost in blocking to the Spear Wall passive. This will make enable Templar to be a more viable tank, maybe even up to par with DKs. The Spear Wall passive currently only gives an increase in the amount of damage that you can block from melee attacks by 15%. This passive needs to to more than just that one thing, and if ZOS ever changes Spear Wall, any changes should compliment what Spear Wall already does. So, a slight decrease in blocking cost by 5% for 1/2 and 10% for 2/2 would help with that (rather than, say, 15% increase block damage from ranged attacks on top of 15% from melee. That might be too far in one direction).

Light Weaver: "Channeling Rite of Passage grants you 16500 Physical and Spell Resistance" this should also add 10% or 20% Healing Received upon yourself while channeling this ability. The 16500 resistances while channeling is largely useless for most Templars since they are already at or near the resistance cap without this effect.
    For example, PvP Templar Healers are already wearing 5/5 heavy armor and/or are already using Rune Focus or Mighty Chudan (or other sources) for the Major Ward/Resolve buffs. The 16500 physical/spell resistance from channeling Rite of Passage (+ morphs) is largely ineffective and rendered useless when the great majority of Templars are already at the Physical/Spell Resistance cap.
    Adding 10% or 20% Healing Received upon yourself while channeling the Rite of Passage ability (+ morphs) would greatly help with Templar survivability and how slow the healing speed/animation is with this ultimate ability. This healing-received addition would help to prevent Templars from instantly getting killed while Channeling this ultimate ability because the heal speed/animation is far too slow, which makes this ability weak. In addition, the actual healing value done on Rite of Passage/Practiced Incantation/Remembrance is actually lower than that of Breath of Life. Making the healing speed/animation faster rather than increasing the amount healed for would be more effective in countering the issue with the instant-death-while-channeling-this-ulitmate-ability that Templars constantly face.

Master Ritualist: It has been mentioned before, but shouldn't this passive ability be placed into the Alliance War Support ability passive list, instead? (alongside or added to Alliance War Support's Battle Resurrection passive, which gives 30% faster resurrection time while in a PvP area.) Master Ritualist passive in the Templar Restoring Light tree: Increases resurrection speed by 20%, resurrected allies return with 100% more health, and gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection. Master Ritualist should be re-named to Battle Resurrection and moved into the Alliance War Support passive category, and Templar's Master Ritualist passive should be replaced and redesigned altogether. Please.

These are all of my current top issues/concerns with Templar, that I can think of at the moment, coming from my main Tankplar and Magplar characters. Primarily from a PvP perspective, and secondarily from a PvE perspective.

All of this.
    I would also like to see 'Minor Courage' get added to Templar's "(Un)balanced Warrior" passive. The default 6% weapon damage and 2640 spell resistance are literally nothing. That is not balanced at all. Add 6% spell damage and 2640 physical resistance to compliment that; and, on top of that, give Templar Minor Courage, as well. Plus, Minor Courage fits with Templar's archetype -- holy warrior, stand-your-ground, etc.

Oh, and give Templar access to Major Sorcery full-time, so we don't have to waste a skill-slot on Entropy.
    Or buff the 2-4 pieces on the Rattlecage set to make it even worth using, but that is also highly unlikely.
    Vampire's Bane grants Major Prophecy, why not have Solar Barrage/Dark Flare grant Major Sorcery? Ya'know, be consistent with the theme there.

In agreement with other forum feedback, the Aedric Spear passives are utter trash and practically a waste of skill-points.
    Take a look at Dragonknights' class passives, they all buff like 4 different things (attributes, abilities, procs, etc.) versus Templars' super-narrow passives that do 1 minuscule thing; AND you have to have the ability slotted. Complete trash. Totally unbalanced and imperfect.

Update after update, patch after patch -- months apart -- class abilities and class passive changes are way too small, ability/passive class balance changes are hardly noticeable and almost non-progressive.
    Sure, Templar's Jesus Beam and Rune Focus got semi re-buffed this past update, but what about literally everything else? ZOS ignored the other 95% of the Templar class's abilities/passives, ONCE AGAIN.

Sure, ZOS can churn out more and more content, zone after zone; but it takes ZOS a full 12-month calendar year to change a few measly little under-performing passive abilities. And, that bad design makes the entire class and game content not enjoyable in the first place.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_RobGarrett read up: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/317707/Steam_reviews_study_suggests_bad_design_not_bugs_irks_players_most.php
    "Bad design -- not bugs -- irks players the most."
    The story of ESO's Templar, 4 years running: bad design.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

So, it has been over a year since these feedback changes were first posted.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_Gilliam

When will we start to see some positive changes for Templar?

The Balanced Warrior passive is very unbalanced and the Master Ritualist passive belongs in the Alliance War Support tree, where it is relevant and useful.

The class passives for Templar are useless and make no sense in respect to Templar's class abilities.

These are extremely simple and justifiable changes that can be done in minutes.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Swen_von_Walhallion
    agree, but here is big problem bc its look all ZOS team rly rly hate templars players, and they are dooing everything to get them from game :/
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    The heal from living dark should scale from your highest offensive stats

Amen. And make a freakin stamina morph of some skills lol. I’ve got a 14k mag pool and it’s barely sufficient. We need a stamina gap closer ASAP.

You now have 2 to choose from, one on the dw line and one on 2h line

That guaranteed off balance tho. Some crappy weapon gap closer doesn’t compare.

Edit: the DW gap closer is garbage since especially this patch stamina will need the rally heal so its redundant and a pos. It doesn't even gap close on the initial activation I don't think. I think people just hate stamina templars really. Every time I suggest a buff for them people *** their pants lol. Stamina Templars must be the least played class in PvP overall. Theres a reason for that. All the respect to my Magplar comrades but you guys are kinda hording the class skills. Any other classes aside from maybe sorcs have to share a bit more.

Even this thread which is supposed to be the Templar Class thread is clearly 98% the Magicka Templar thread.

Remember that for years our class closer was absolute garbage and no one in their right mind would have chose it over the S&B or 2Handed ones. It took a very long time, but ZOS finally got ours working.

I tried to to play Stam, I really did. For the first year of the game I was a hybrid Temp, then Stamplar, and finally, Magplar.
    Magplar was by far the easiest, even as a Bosmer main. I would try to go back to Stam, but the OMG heal just wasn’t there.

I think the problem with playing the original classes as Stam, is that they just weren’t designed that way; stamina was an after-thought. Necro and Warden play great as Stamina, partially because they were designed from the beginning to allow Stam play.

I would love to see Stamplar get an “Oh, crap heal” and a stamina-based ward (to proc Sacred Ground). Or if we have to use Magicka for a ward, have Sacred Ground deal damage based on highest weapon type.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi there, just here to say a loud GOOD JOB to your class rep who managed this class to bypass half the aspects of "standardization" with piercing javelin keeping its 28m, radial sweep undelayed, RoR doing dmg+heal+cleanse+synergy at the same lvl of skills that only have 1 of the for effects and Eclipse being unbreakable.

massive job here, congratz.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    hi there, just here to say a loud GOOD JOB to your class rep who managed this class to bypass half the aspects of "standardization" with piercing javelin keeping its 28m, radial sweep undelayed, RoR doing dmg+heal+cleanse+synergy at the same lvl of skills that only have 1 of the for effects and Eclipse being unbreakable.

massive job here, congratz.

- class abilities > weapon skills. If that means jav keeps its range while bow/destro lose some range, then so be it. Also you forgot it costs 3.3k mag per cast and only deals instant magic/physical dmg so theres no chance for a status effect proc or special heal/dot lol. Unless you are also asking for bow/destro to get 3300 cost/no dot/no effect? Up to you.
    - radial sweep requires targets to be in front in order to get 60% dmg buff. Otherwise its just a 10k tooltip spell and melee range. And once again, class ability should be functionally better than outside sources, if that means dawnbreaker gets a cast time, then so be it. Not to mention, DBoS stuns+buffs your weapon dmg number, sweep does not.
    - RoR is also a class ability. Once again it should outperform its counterparts if you want players to pick classes over weapons. It's also 4k mag (my cost before was 3800 so it got a huge cost increase not to mention only removes 2 effects lol)
    - eclipse might be persistent but its not without its counters, and it too got a cost increase (3600 for me instead of 3400). UC only impacts 1 target, and it resets to stage 1 when you keep spaming it. If you buff up at the end, it resets to a 30% snare which you'll have immunity skills anyway and the cc immunity pot removes ALL PROCS FROM HAPPENING.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    The heal from living dark should scale from your highest offensive stats

Amen. And make a freakin stamina morph of some skills lol. I’ve got a 14k mag pool and it’s barely sufficient. We need a stamina gap closer ASAP.

You now have 2 to choose from, one on the dw line and one on 2h line

That guaranteed off balance tho. Some crappy weapon gap closer doesn’t compare.

Edit: the DW gap closer is garbage since especially this patch stamina will need the rally heal so its redundant and a pos. It doesn't even gap close on the initial activation I don't think. I think people just hate stamina templars really. Every time I suggest a buff for them people *** their pants lol. Stamina Templars must be the least played class in PvP overall. Theres a reason for that. All the respect to my Magplar comrades but you guys are kinda hording the class skills. Any other classes aside from maybe sorcs have to share a bit more.

Even this thread which is supposed to be the Templar Class thread is clearly 98% the Magicka Templar thread.
    Explosive charge should be stamina imo, so much cooler looking than dw and 2h gap closer.

Plus you are physically running at someone.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge now causes my character to teleport back and charge.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

What?!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »

What?!

Clarification: if I am run on top of a target, and cast Toppling, my character does like this backward loop and then charges. It's functional but looks awful.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Living Dark is the strongest defensive skill in the game.

Change my mind.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Change my mind.

Which morph is that again?

Either way, I think they are pretty potent except for the DOT meta is going to have people using them and more people running some sort of a cleanse.

The self applied 1, you just apply DOts and/ or cleanse your own and let them waste their over 4k magicka. I tried this and it's good still if you are getting zerged and they are not somehow all just spamming DOTs and proxy.

The target 1 got applied to me. I got the initial hit from them timing it in my attack similar to the old eclipse strategy, but it was barely noticed and 8 cleansed right away because DOTs everywhere.
  • mRbL
    mRbL
    Soul Shriven
    1. Luminous Shards

Stun instead additional magicka/stamina

2. Honor The Dead

Burst self heals based on missing HP - similar to Green Dragon Blood from DK.

Extra CC and self burst heals for more efficient tanking.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @No_Division

based on your statments, you may be able to help me with:
    -incap vs DBoS/Onslaught
    -mass hysteria vs turn evil
    -executioner that scales up to 400% and is cheaper and assassins blade

also, scatter shot base cost is about 3270.

i love the "class abilities should be better" arguing, it's just sad that it does not applies to all classes.

this is not a nb class rep thingy and i dont know other classes enough to compare all the skills that are underperforming compared to generic skills, i was only pointing at inconsistencies about templars that makes it so popular with u23.

ps: you should drop your "class skills should be better argument" when other classes are about to be nerfed someday..
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    @No_Division

based on your statments, you may be able to help me with:
    -incap vs DBoS/Onslaught
    -mass hysteria vs turn evil
    -executioner that scales up to 400% and is cheaper and assassins blade

also, scatter shot base cost is about 3270.

i love the "class abilities should be better" arguing, it's just sad that it does not applies to all classes.

this is not a nb class rep thingy and i dont know other classes enough to compare all the skills that are underperforming compared to generic skills, i was only pointing at inconsistencies about templars that makes it so popular with u23.

ps: you should drop your "class skills should be better argument" when other classes are about to be nerfed someday..

- I agree, incap should defile, be instant cast and lose the silence.
    - I agree, turn evil should be 6-7k cost + have a 1-2s delay to match psijic stun.
    - executioner/assassins blade is a weird discussion; for blade, its disease dmg so 10% chance to cause major defile, can heal you if you get a kill, chance to get 1800 mag+stam on the kill and you get 400 CHC\10% CHD when slotted. Versus executioner, where you can buff it by 10% if you heavy attack first, procs enchants/poisons, but otherwise its just physical dmg so it doesnt proc things, and it also gives 30% stam recovery on kills. Id say, assassins blade already has more flavor and thus gives NB a class ability is better argument.

But why post this in a templar thread? why not make a thread that highlights this instead of being combative/hinting at nerfs? Templar has its issues regarding consistency, but its also something that got adjusted too that makes their kit work again (look at Cinbri's post about all of his pain points being solved, most of which are related to "inconsistencies" when you compared our abilities to other ones that worked.)
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Change my mind.

Blocking >>>>>>>>>>>>

#BringBackBlindingLight
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on August 13, 2019 4:40PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Change my mind.

- attacks from ganks ignore the heal
    - channels and DOTS ignore the procs.
    - subject to defiles
    - costs 3600 as imperial in light armor and can be avoided by rebuffing.
    - and in the case of UC, immovable pots cause both dmg/cc effects to not go off.

But no idea if they changed some of this to live (i wasn't paying close enough attention without addons)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Change my mind.

- subject to defiles
    - and in the case of UC, immovable pots cause both dmg/cc effects to not go off.

But no idea if they changed some of this to live (i wasn't paying close enough attention without addons)

All of those things pale to the benefits. The heal is good but the control it gives over a fight is what makes it shine. I'm dusting off my speedy guerilla magplar build to see if I can still sustain without master destro.

The new Unstable Core is garbage though I don't see it getting much use which is sad :(
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Change my mind.

- subject to defiles

All of those things pale to the benefits. The heal is good but the control it gives over a fight is what makes it shine. I'm dusting off my speedy guerilla magplar build to see if I can still sustain without master destro.

The new Unstable Core is garbage though I don't see it getting much use which is sad :(

UC is bad, i tested it and decided if I wanted a stun or dmg, I am going to slot either of those that cost less than 3k lol.
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so as a tank everyone keeps telling me for Templar I’m going to want the ground effect from
    Fighters guild can’t remember the name ... cause it fears ... I don’t want to fear enemies as that makes them run around i want to lock them in place

So how does the morph living dark morph seem? Does it feel worth it or not ?
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so as a tank everyone keeps telling me for Templar I’m going to want the ground effect from
    Fighters guild can’t remember the name ... cause it fears ... I don’t want to fear enemies as that makes them run around i want to lock them in place

Fear no longer make the enemies flee, insteand they are now unable to attack or move in their position. Fairly good option for non dk tanks.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

I think fear was changed so your targets stay in place. Test it and see.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Change my mind.

Blocking >>>>>>>>>>>>

#BringBackBlindingLight

Blinding Light can work like fear but disorient instead, so the player lose control of the toon which will start walking in random patern for 3 sec
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭

Fear no longer make the enemies flee, insteand they are now unable to attack or move in their position. Fairly good option for non dk tanks.

Oh wow this is definitely going on my load out then thank you guys so much for the info
    Delparis wrote: »

Change my mind.

Blocking >>>>>>>>>>>>

#BringBackBlindingLight

Blinding Light can work like fear but disorient instead, so the player lose control of the toon which will start walking in random patern for 3 sec

I agree with you plus I’ll actually get to use all my Templar passives I’d its in the old tree it was in
    Edited by GallantGuardian on August 16, 2019 3:40AM
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Oh wow this is definitely going on my load out then thank you guys so much for the info

Change my mind.

Blocking >>>>>>>>>>>>

#BringBackBlindingLight

I agree with you plus I’ll actually get to use all my Templar passives I’d its in the old tree it was in

you welcome! let us know if that helped your templar tank!
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't living dark just works like Defensive Rune but with 6 sec duration and no cap to targets

https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/defensive-rune

• RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    can't living dark just works like Defensive Rune but with 6 sec duration and no cap to targets

https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/defensive-rune

No thank you. I think the healing is a good idea, it just needs to be the right healing number.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living dark should get a minor Hot like 2k (before battle spirit )for 3 secs and attach blinding light for 1 sec every time living dark activates on an enemy.

#BringBackBlindindLight
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on August 20, 2019 1:51PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."