Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    this class is broken as hell and need's to get addressed asap!

What's so broken about the class? Dont blame the class for the dot meta.

1) the fact that you have an aoe snare that is a spamable the size of cyrodiil
    2) the fact that you can completely disable any class with eclipse that is a spamable also it hard counter range too.
    3) no counter to jabs etc
    4) best healing in game as it should but its over the top.
    its currently bis for solo play and one of the best 1v1 classes in game= it's a support class.
    why should a support class overshadow the roll of strict dps classes, answer it shouldn't!

ZOS intentions where to make it so you can play any role reguardless of class, hence why there are 3 skill trees. Why are you trying to pigeonhole the Templar into a support class?

As another said, major evasion effects jabs and the biggest thing that is always on your side that effects jabs is server lag. The heal on eclipse is fine, I agree the snare is a bit too much but everything else is fine.

Next patch Wardens, Sorcerors and Dragonknights are getting unique flavor skills like Templar got with Living Dark. Are we really going to nerf the Templard unique skill before seeing what they have in store for the other classes and bring them right back into the gutter where they have been for the last few years?
    Edited by IronWooshu on September 12, 2019 2:00PM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭

2) the fact that you can completely disable any class with eclipse that is a spamable also it hard counter range too.
    its currently bis for solo play and one of the best 1v1 classes in game= it's a support class.
    why should a support class overshadow the roll of strict dps classes, answer it shouldn't!

1) Which does nothing to combat gap closers from bringing the fight forward and applying pressure, and it is a 12m PBAoE --- ranged attackers can be far outside of it.

2) Single Target skill, Cleanse removes, or the other morph which heals and roots briefly --- compare with Sorc AoE Root that heals and is unblockable. DK Talons that Roots, and Burns or Maims.

3) Major evasion, Minor evasion, major/minor expedition to move out of the target arc, Knockback, Knockdown, Knockup, Ranged attacks, Silence (vs Sweeps), proc sets with melee proc rider (Night Terror, Battalion Defender), Block --- No counter?...not that I'm a fan, but if you don't see a counter there, that is a definite L2P issue.

4) Best burst healing, due to a single passive and skill (Rushed Ceremony). Change the passive, and it's not so great anymore. And the old Healing Ritual (channel) was a hell of a lot stronger, so it's healing got clipped a bit already by raising the cost and getting rid of the channel....allowing for more damage application.

Yep, it's a support class...with 2 dedicated DPS lines (Aedric Spear focused on melee combat, Dawn's Wrath on ranged combat) and 1 support line (Restoring Light, Self buffs and PBAoE heals, with one targeted heal).

Yep, it's a support class...with it's only damage mitigation tool is tied to an ult (Nova for Major Maim).

"These traveling knights call upon the power of light and the burning sun to deal massive damage to their enemies while restoring health, magicka and stamina to their allies" <---this is the literal Character Creation description of the class.

To Deal Massive Damage, while restoring allies.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Ritualist is by far the most useless passive for us.

Increases resurrection speed by 20%. Resurrected allies return with 100% more Health. Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.

this passive is completely useless as it only affect dead players. and that soul gem \facepalm.

Guess ZoS let's give them the most useless passive in the game as healer are no brainers
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    eclipse and that aoe snare are not balanced, i get everyone in this thread is biased lol.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    this would be the equivalent to dk's in a dk thread crying about getting their wings clipped! clearly over performed
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why every player maining sorc, nightblade or DK is trying to keep the templar class in the bottom?
    Should we invade the Sorc, nightblade and the DK class rep thread to bring them in the bottom too ?

Edited by Delparis on September 12, 2019 8:12PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    why every player maining sorc, nightblade or DK is trying to keep the templar class in the bottom?
    Should we invade the Sorc, nightblade and the DK class rep thread to bring them in the bottom too ?

Like you do in almost every NB thread on forum, trying to convince ppl that NB is OP af right now? Let templar be good but now they are way overtuned. They need a small and intelligent nerf, not nerfhammer like 6 nerf patches in the row for nightblades
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭

Increases resurrection speed by 20%. Resurrected allies return with 100% more Health. Gives you a 50% chance to fill an empty Soul Gem after each successful resurrection.

this passive is completely useless as it only affect dead players. and that soul gem \facepalm.

Guess ZoS let's give them the most useless passive in the game as healer are no brainers

Becomes very useful when things go wrong, and I personally get a kick out of that soul gem.
    eclipse and that aoe snare are not balanced, i get everyone in this thread is biased lol.

Eclipse --- hold off attack for a few seconds, cleanse, or use AoE/Channels that aren't direct damage and go through without proc for the effect.

As for the AoE snare -- seriously, what is so disturbing to you about it? It's only slightly larger than Caltrops (check them against each other, not exaggeration), slightly higher slow -- but doesn't deal damage nor heal every second, doesn't apply Fracture (nor breach), costs MORE than Caltrops does, and is PBAoE so can only cast it around yourself, not set it ahead/behind you.

By the logic you are failing to use, Caltrops needs another nerf so that the two skills perform equally. Is that REALLY something you want to see? A higher damage Circle for a lesser Snare? Or the ability the cast it wherever wanted instead of just on top of the caster?
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this would be the equivalent to dk's in a dk thread crying about getting their wings clipped! clearly over performed

I don't play DK and I was really disappointed in the Wings nerf, I felt it provided a much needed counter to ranged combat.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really love to see Empowering Sweeps do something useful again. I really want to make stamplar builds not focused on DBoS or Onslaught. Either that or make Crescent Sweep scale off the highest stat.
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    The big hubabaloo about living dark makes me think it’s going to be looked at since everyone seems to be thinking this is why they are dying

I’d like Zos as I said before make it a point blank aoe similar to
    Talons or shards

The healing aspect ... I’d like to see it work like a tank health based heal s nice large burst heal with a hot added instead of it reflecting damage back I’d like to see it heal for larger as you are attacked

So let’s use wardens health heal as an example let it burst heal for 25% of our max health and 3% of our max Health ... an additional 274 heal is applied each time you are attacked with a direct damage ability ..

This would let us

1 utilize a class immobilize opposed to using. The fighters guild one

2.) we wouldn’t have to use another heal unless we wanted to which Frees up a slot on our bar allowing us a flex spot

3 allows us to utilize a dawns wrath ability as a templar tank to take advantage of those passives in particular the prism passive helps with more ultimate up time

What do you guys think
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like the Rez speed. If you're down in a bad spot the temps always drop the fast rez to get you up before someone can interrupt
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I would really love to see Empowering Sweeps do something useful again. I really want to make stamplar builds not focused on DBoS or Onslaught. Either that or make Crescent Sweep scale off the highest stat.

Cresent and all ults do scale of highest stat

You just don't get the penn since it's mag damage.
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on September 14, 2019 9:17PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think he suggests to make class ults trylly versatile and make their damage type based on you highest stat like Soul Trap.
    But than noone will use Empowered Sweep ever again....again.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 14, 2019 9:46PM
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    With the last changes to Resto and orbs, i feel like there is little/no reason to use any of the templar options. In pve at least

extended ritual? Illustrious Healing (which can be boost with the dsa staff)
    you want another aoe heal? radiating regeneration (bis for dungeon healers)
    aura? siphon spirit+ele drain
    Shards? orbs
    Breath of life? combat prayer

So why should anyone play a templar now when all your kit can be replaced with abilities that all classes can use.
    I know all the classes (except Warden and Necro) lack identity when it comes to "heal" but for templar was taken away with the last patch.

They are not great tanks, average dps, all is left for them is minor sorcery and resurrection speed...

I hope this pvp season dont bring nerf to the class :D

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

I think he suggests to make class ults trylly versatile and make their damage type based on you highest stat like Soul Trap.
    But than noone will use Empowered Sweep ever again....again.

But that’s because empowered buff is garbage and my whole point. DBoS and Onslaught are both better still, even with the cast time.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear I feel like I'm the only one giving up survivability for damage.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear I feel like I'm the only one giving up survivability for damage.

Mag or Stam? On my Magplar I really don’t feel like I have to give up anything, but I’m not as good on that so I’m not pushing boundaries. On my Stamplar main I feel like I push the limits of my abilities and I wouldn’t say I feel gimped necessarily but I do run into a lot of walls in theory crafting because we lack any debuff aside from major fracture. For me at least in CP PvP I feel like I have to run NMG to get major fracture since ravager was nerfed. I’ve tried a LOT of setups and nothing feels as good as having that major fracture. But I definitely feel like I’m always playing with just barely enough sustain and max stats to get enough weapon damage and vice versa. I do not feel this way building for other classes.

Also I was wondering. Has anyone tested to see if Rune actually returns stam? I have to say I don’t notice much difference with it but I’ve not actually tested. It’s on my list of things to do. I wonder if it works when sprinting and if there’s a distance limit or something.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar. I'm struggling to increase my survivability without dropping below 2000 spell damage.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar. I'm struggling to increase my survivability without dropping below 2000 spell damage.

Hmm. That shouldn’t be an issue at all. What sets are you running light or heavy?
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

I don't play DK and I was really disappointed in the Wings nerf, I felt it provided a much needed counter to ranged combat.

it's a double edge sword my friend. dk's need it but it completely hard countered range so something needed to get done.
    but the point i making now is that eclispe is way more overturned then wings has ever been!
    so this matter should get addressed
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vajrak wrote: »

Becomes very useful when things go wrong, and I personally get a kick out of that soul gem.

Eclipse --- hold off attack for a few seconds, cleanse, or use AoE/Channels that aren't direct damage and go through without proc for the effect.

As for the AoE snare -- seriously, what is so disturbing to you about it? It's only slightly larger than Caltrops (check them against each other, not exaggeration), slightly higher slow -- but doesn't deal damage nor heal every second, doesn't apply Fracture (nor breach), costs MORE than Caltrops does, and is PBAoE so can only cast it around yourself, not set it ahead/behind you.

By the logic you are failing to use, Caltrops needs another nerf so that the two skills perform equally. Is that REALLY something you want to see? A higher damage Circle for a lesser Snare? Or the ability the cast it wherever wanted instead of just on top of the caster?

Eclipse= if your range your obsolete. what are you saying lol just stand still and never be able to attack?
    I'm against caldtrops too!
    Single target dps should be the goal, not disrupt the mobility in cyrodiil with huge aoe snares for 1v1's, that's were it's cheese.
    the fact you can have a garbage ability on your bar that's aoe and still win 1v1 validates it's a problem.
    in the day if you had caltrop's on your bar and and you fought somebody 1v1 you usually got punished=because you were loosing too much damage somewhere else!
    also people couldnt just sit in heavy armor in their cheese of a circle!
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS intentions where to make it so you can play any role reguardless of class, hence why there are 3 skill trees. Why are you trying to pigeonhole the Templar into a support class?

As another said, major evasion effects jabs and the biggest thing that is always on your side that effects jabs is server lag. The heal on eclipse is fine, I agree the snare is a bit too much but everything else is fine.

Next patch Wardens, Sorcerors and Dragonknights are getting unique flavor skills like Templar got with Living Dark. Are we really going to nerf the Templard unique skill before seeing what they have in store for the other classes and bring them right back into the gutter where they have been for the last few years?

Templar was literally perfect two patches ago!
    look i get you people are reluctant to the fact and want to ride this roller coaster as long as you can, but lets be unbiased.
    you use the pigeonhole argument!
    The point is the class shouldn't be better at what strict dp's classes do in pvp!
    this is the case now, to argue against that would be disingenuous and false.
    Templar is possibly in one of the best positions it has ever been while every strict dps class such as sorcerer and nb get's persecuted on class identity/ so if you were to actually use the pigeonhole argument for sorcerer/nb you would have some credibility but you using it for the current bis class atm!

This would be as if i were to justify my class when we became the zoo keeper's of cyrodiil etc!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar was literally perfect two patches ago!
    look i get you people are reluctant to the fact and want to ride this roller coaster as long as you can, but lets be unbiased.
    you use the pigeonhole argument!
    The point is the class shouldn't be better at what strict dp's classes do in pvp!
    this is the case now, to argue against that would be disingenuous and false.
    Templar is possibly in one of the best positions it has ever been while every strict dps class such as sorcerer and nb get's persecuted on class identity/ so if you were to actually use the pigeonhole argument for sorcerer/nb you would have some credibility but you using it for the current bis class atm!

This would be as if i were to justify my class when we became the zoo keeper's of cyrodiil etc!

I don’t think anyone’s arguing with the fact that’s Magplars are a bit overturned with living dark snare and the strong dots. But those dots are gonna be nerfed and it’s likely living dark with see some adjustment so cool your jets. You’re just as biased against Magplars as any Magplars might be biased in favor of their class. Sorcs are getting a rework on Monday.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

it's a double edge sword my friend. dk's need it but it completely hard countered range so something needed to get done.

Exactly, since there is already a distinct advantage to attacking from range (safety/ability to withdraw) I feel like there should be some direct counters to it, otherwise the game gets all pew pew and shootery. If you went into cyrodiil without a way to deal with that counter, that's on your build.
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only pain point as a Templar is the lack of a hard cc like the other classes have with gripping shards , talons , mass hysteria , rune cage/encase.

As a person that’s infinitely enjoys taking I despise not having that ability in my class skills , yes I can use bow , frost staff and other crappy versions of group cc but they really don’t work as well or fit the feel of the class at all.

Wouldn’t be difficult to adopt a snare/immobilise into a morph of sun shield or shards.

Example - Blinding light: surround yourself with burning rays that blind up to 6 enemies rooting them in place for 3 seconds.

Binding shards: Send your spear into the heavens to being down a shower of divine spikes pinning enemies for 3 seconds.

Make it happen ZoS for us Templar tanks everywhere.
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    iaminc wrote: »
    Example - Blinding light: surround yourself with burning rays that blind up to 6 enemies rooting them in place for 3 seconds.

Binding shards: Send your spear into the heavens to being down a shower of divine spikes pinning enemies for 3 seconds.
    XEAIlgL.png

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    living dark should be change to a stun when a light attack is used against you.
    I don't think this is OP by any mean.
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smh .... the pvpQQ crowd should be happy
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I don't think it was that bad other than vamp bane/RL and I don't know why Solar Barrage needed even less damage as it had already been nerfed off most peoples bars. I thought Living Dark would get nailed harder, but I might swap it for a shield for an escape aid. Health protection and an extra 20% movement speed might be better than trying to snare people with shuffle/FM/RAT on themselves.