The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Didn't even think about it but with swerps/jabs being direct damage, no longer buffed by thurmatage, DOTs pretty weak. Will be hard for magplar to go 75 cp in that tree for the off balance damage boost.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Backlash: This ability and its morphs’ final explosion can now Critically Strike. Boom baby.

Does it critically strike before or after the cap?
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many snares does one class need? Give living dark something unique to the class.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »
    Backlash: This ability and its morphs’ final explosion can now Critically Strike. Boom baby.

Just tested and it crits above the max copied damage if thats what you mean.

I'll be surprised if this makes it. Im not sure what the calculations are on this for penetration but Im running very little pen and onslaught, and was getting some 50k bursts of PL on mammoths.
    Edited by technohic on September 16, 2019 11:21PM
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Solinur wrote: »

Just tested and it crits above the max copied damage if thats what you mean.

I'll be surprised if this makes it. Im not sure what the calculations are on this for penetration but Im running very little pen and onslaught, and was getting some 50k bursts of PL on mammoths.

Thanks for testing. Now this makes this skill very interesting in quite a few scenarios.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living dark is no longer a good skill, snare isn't worth the skill slot and the healing is too low now to counter damages.
    why not give us a flash like skill that does the same thing Nightblade fear does.

Flash light:
    • Cast Time: Instant
    • Target: Area
    • Range: Radius: 6 meters
    • Cost: 3780 Magicka
    Summon a flash light to disorient all nearby enemies, causing them to cower for 2 seconds.

Edited by Delparis on September 17, 2019 10:26AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Living dark is no longer a good skill, snare isn't worth the skill slot and the healing is too low now to counter damages.
    why not give us a flash like skill that does the same thing Nightblade fear does.

Flash light:
    Summon a flash light to disorient all nearby enemies, causing them to cower for 2 seconds.

What do you mean it’s ruined? A passive 60% snare is no good? The healing went down by like what 10%? The immobilize was just stupid. Although Templars have way too many snares, it’s still an effective kiting tool that provides healing with making people use immobilize removal everything second.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pieecing javelin's new auxilary effect is useless. It makes sense, a "piercing" javelin that ignore armor but gameplay wise, it is useless. Javeline has low damage and ignoring armor is irrelevant.
    Pls add another effect.

"refunds costs when you hit cc immune target, this can happen every 6 seconds. İgnores armor"
    This way we can use it as cheap ranged weave once every 6 second. This wont be OP but will be a minor buff.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pieecing javelin's new auxilary effect is useless. It makes sense, a "piercing" javelin that ignore armor but gameplay wise, it is useless. Javeline has low damage and ignoring armor is irrelevant.
    Pls add another effect.

"refunds costs when you hit cc immune target, this can happen every 6 seconds. İgnores armor"
    This way we can use it as cheap ranged weave once every 6 second. This wont be OP but will be a minor buff.

I kind of like it. It adds a bit of punch without being over the top.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Flash light:

What do you mean it’s ruined? A passive 60% snare is no good? The healing went down by like what 10%? The immobilize was just stupid. Although Templars have way too many snares, it’s still an effective kiting tool that provides healing with making people use immobilize removal everything second.

Templar already got so manny snares in his toolkit, sweeps 40% snare, sacred ground passive 30% snare and this living dark 60% snare.
    combined we are at 130% snare (+30% snare excess).
    better give templar a CC aoe to help him tank adds in trials and dungeons. what i purpose should help better tanking.
    the other morph could be used better in pvp. we should than get a pve and pvp morphs in templar toolkit.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Flash light:

Living Dark was maybe a tad excessive, but Templar having access to an immobilise like other classes wasn't a bad thing and I'm real disappointed we're losing access to that again whilst other classes are keeping theirs, some along with unblockable CC's which are easily chained, the same way toppling was easily chained after.

I've had to spam immobility removal every 5 seconds or so for a long time and I will have to continue to do so - LD could have just been reworked to do less - The immobilise was not the issue for me and I was honestly amazed that people acted like they'd never been immobilised before.

If you run immobility removal that bubble was an absolute non-issue, I watched so many Templars get relegated to back bar healing against players with immunity (including me) and half of them were so FOTM and daft that they didn't even run their own immunity (didn't expect anything else).

I also don't think a passive 60% snare is worth much at all and I'll be amazed if many players other than same guys who were throwing out Total Darks from their ball group are using it, but time and testing will tell.
    It's now less effective than an immobilise whilst remaining counter-able the exact same way and becomes just about the most expensive snare in game if it's factually not.
    All that whilst not really make much difference to the people affected and certainly won't bother me in the slightest whilst RAT is slotted.

I like the *snare* change to Sweeps.

I don't know why Solar Barrage has been further nerfed

I don't like the 60% nerf to our class dot, is that now inline with others or weaker because it grants Major Prophecy?

EDIT: Are the snares additive? If so, at 100% are they immobilised?
    Edited by BNOC on September 17, 2019 12:04PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you know if sweeps/jabs get out of stealth nightblade like before?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question. Is it still AoE?
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question. Is it still AoE?

channeled direct damage
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls add another effect.

What's its dmg? On my old build i had big crits with it. It may be a good range with full penetration. Can u make a clip please?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Pls add another effect.

What's its dmg? On my old build i had big crits with it. It may be a good range with full penetration. Can u make a clip please?

I’ll try to soon.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just needed to make the immobilize on living dark an offensive effect. When you light attack someone ive the effect it immobilizes them. Something like that.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather them make living dark more of an escape and mobility tool. Get rid of the snare, we have enough. Give us expedition or flat speed or something

Blazing shield could use having an AOE root on burst.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Templar lacks heal over time skill
    2. Templar lacks speed built in skill
    3. Templar lacks dmg mitigation built in skill
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We've got minor protection on Aedric and Rune for mitigation.
    We also have a HOT somewhat in Ritual.

We could definitely do with more though.
    I personally jut want an unblockable CC.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just posted this in another thread, but what if PotL gave a heal on expiration based on copied damage instead of extra minor fracture? This would help with survivability and still encourage the offensive play style. It would also prevent us from just popping PotL on someone and kiting.

Nah because NBs will cry since they have to actually Kill their target for the heal...instead of multiple expirations...

I love the idea, it helps me keep on par with healbots and I can 1 v X.. and since i can put multiple on people i can just run in guns blazing sweeping, jabbing and solarbaraging...

wait..that benefits magplar oops..
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

1. HoT is built into Ritual, but I would like to see it follow you or tick per second, not ever 2 sec.
    2. This is a must have for Templars...should be tied to Jabs.
    3. Damage mitigation is still somewhat lacking compared to other classes, but not terrible mitigation in general. Again, in comparison to other classes this is a sore spot

**Losing Major Protection and Major Mending is really what killed Templar mitigation, especially when you couple these losses with being the slowest class in the game - now by a long shot!
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. HoT is built into Ritual, but I would like to see it follow you or tick per second, not ever 2 sec.
    3. Damage mitigation is still somewhat lacking compared to other classes, but not terrible mitigation in general. Again, in comparison to other classes this is a sore spot

**Losing Major Protection and Major Mending is really what killed Templar mitigation, especially when you couple these losses with being the slowest class in the game - now by a long shot!

Yeah I can agree with all that

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Major mending on Templars would be crazy OP though.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, for Mag. BoL/HtD could be toned down to compensate. Stamplar needs better source of healing, especially with rally hot gone. ER is okay, but who's really gonna stand in it to get a small heal every 2sec....only time I get a heal from ER is on my way out the circle, or when I'm stunned in it 🤣
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, for Mag. BoL/HtD could be toned down to compensate. Stamplar needs better source of healing, especially with rally hot gone. ER is okay, but who's really gonna stand in it to get a small heal every 2sec....only time I get a heal from ER is on my way out the circle, or when I'm stunned in it 🤣

Eh, Stamplars are pretty tanky still in heavy. Medium armor just has its own issues. I think the issue is with extended ritual. It’s clunky to cast and it doesn’t help at all when kiting. It would be great if you could keep the minor mending for the duration even if you leave or something. That way Stamplars would get small buff and Magplars would stay prttty much the same seeing as they don’t move around as much anyway. Or something along those lines. We already know from stam DKs that major mending is *** up strong with vigor and Stamplars also have purge and hot. We would be unkillable in our circles.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for our class rep:

Why was Dawn's Wrath/Vampire Bane hit so hard with a 60% decrease while Wardens already OP dot got a minor vulnerability buff and only took a 50% decrease?

Also why is Spear Shards getting destroyed again? We take a 59% damage decrease and increase to cost where as other class damage AOE's like Twisting Path only took a 33% damage decrease.

Also Spear Shards has been nerfed two patches in a row.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »

Why was Dawn's Wrath/Vampire Bane hit so hard with a 60% decrease while Wardens already OP dot got a minor vulnerability buff and only took a 50% decrease?

Also why is Spear Shards getting destroyed again? We take a 59% damage decrease and increase to cost where as other class damage AOE's like Twisting Path only took a 33% damage decrease.

If we knew the answer to these questions we would know how/why ZOS makes a lot of their changes. Btw good luck 1v1ing and Magwardens.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we knew the answer to these questions we would know how/why ZOS makes a lot of their changes. Btw good luck 1v1ing and Magwardens.

At least the complaining will be off us for awhile as players rage over the Warden.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least the complaining will be off us for awhile as players rage over the Warden.

HA! That's what you think. I already saw some complaints about Javalin ignoring resists and if you think PotL criting isn't gonna generate tears...