Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 21, 3:00AM EDT (07:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

To Devs : two structural items that would make a world of difference

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So with this years content you guys did a great job of delivering many of the items that people having been asking for... Kudos!
Also, keeping with the one architectural theme for the whole year has led to the first comprehensive build style and it makes building large structures a pleasure.
There are two structural items left that that would make a really big difference and that cant be gotten around.;
1) 2D stairs - this one sounds silly but all the steps available to us are large blocks that we cant walk under. The Murkmire ladder is the only one available that you can walk under but its very rough and rustic and looks awful when used with other styles.
Something like the Breton steps below would allow huge opportunites for us to build upper floors
h6235jy7e25t.png

2) Roofs - this is an obvious one. Making a roof without triangular pieces for the sides is very difficult. While we are still in the Elsweyr architectural season, could you please add one of the roof styles available. This would open up huge possibilities for people to create their own dream homes.
An alternative solution would be to give us some large triangular wall pieces in a few styles.
0aj2i9rxork6.png

Edited by Zypheran on August 14, 2019 12:27PM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am available for hire for custom builds, just PM me.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but I will also add doors and window frames (ideally, but not necessarily, with the illusion of glass panes) to that.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    I want to add spiral staircase to your list Zypheran - sometimes a space is too small for anything BUT a spiral staircase, but you cant really "walk" up spiral stairs you cobble... unless you make it more a ramp sort of thing. Anyways! Spiral stairs! I would love some spiral staircases for small spaces!

Yes. :smile:

Wrought iron Alinor ones, for example, would be nice, with wooden steps.

If they had wood (rather than stone) steps, they would probably fit with more architectural styles, too.

Although, it would be nice to have stone ones, as well, for outside.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 14, 2019 5:29PM
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    OMG this, I build A LOT of structures and I’m forever putting flat roofed balconies and terraces on top because the roof options just don’t cut it. And if I build a multi level house I have to waste slots filling in the gaps when you stack solid stairs. 2D stairs you can walk under would save me slots!

Also... I really want walls on the diagonal. You see stairs with diagonal walls and railings all over Alinor yet if I want a wall on my outdoor stairs I have to rotate the fences but then the railing are at a 45’ angle instead to pointing straight up. Drives me crazy.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    I want to add spiral staircase to your list Zypheran - sometimes a space is too small for anything BUT a spiral staircase, but you cant really "walk" up spiral stairs you cobble... unless you make it more a ramp sort of thing. Anyways! Spiral stairs! I would love some spiral staircases for small spaces!

This idea would work really well if the spiral was broken up into sections of 4 or 5 stairs. Kind of like the limestone staircases but curved and *neat* looking. With curved sections of stairs the height would be adjustable and therefore *extremely* useful.

Wouldn't it be tops if ZOS actually read this stuff and took note. o:)
    Edited by sueblue on August 20, 2019 7:29AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see more stair options, including, as has been posted, spiral and wooden stairways that can walk under. A working ladder would also be awesome! It could transport our character to a given position based on the top of the ladder and we could build around that.

I also love the suggestions for options for doors, roofing and windows! :)
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    A working ladder would also be awesome! It could transport our character to a given position based on the top of the ladder and we could build around that.

Yessss, Ladder also would be amazing!
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to have this window!

i698hzont4cl.png
    This one likes to play.....