Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG there is SOOO much in a SORCERER CLASS that is STAM WHY?
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG there is SOOO much in a SORCERER CLASS that is STAM WHY?

Well, not that much. Reason is, ZoS wants each class to be playable in both stam and magicka versions.
    What i find funny is that stam Sorc is now better in every single way then magicka SORCERER. Only possible in ESO, to twist in such a way a sorcerer class concept as old as fantasy genre itself.

Edited by ku5h on August 13, 2019 11:13AM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PETs -> Nerfed to the ground

Shields -> Nerfed again (we are at 30% nerf since Elsweyr) + UNSUSTAINABLE

Tools to deal with the DoTs meta -> NONE

Position in the PvP builds and classes available ? BOTTOM.

What does noobs ? ASKING FOR MOARE SORC NERFS.

What does ZoS ? NERF SORCS.

What I do ? ALT F4
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc now has no stun.... Flame clench, 15 meters. Its not enough. Frags nerfed, sheild nerfed, streak nerfed, power surge nerfed.
    DOTS buffed to over preforming levels for some odd reason.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did sorc get any more viable sets in this patch at least?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    Sorc now has no stun.... Flame clench, 15 meters. Its not enough. Frags nerfed, sheild nerfed, streak nerfed, power surge nerfed.

How is Streak nerfed???

I mean don't get me wrong things are not looking great for MagSorc, but that's not reason to make up stuff.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I retired my shehai shatterer main to the role of writ monkey when necromancers came out lol
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

How is Streak nerfed???

I mean don't get me wrong things are not looking great for MagSorc, but that's not reason to make up stuff.

It was nerfed in a previous patch, my comment still stands. We wouldn't want those light armour squishy magika builds actually being able to kite effectively would we.

Meanwhile, stam bulilds can dodge roll and sprint and have movement/speed buffs.

So they nerf sheilds so sorcs are more squishy, nerf evading ability and nerf damage, not to mention the massive changes they did to hurt sustain.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    PETs -> Nerfed to the ground

Shields -> Nerfed again (we are at 30% nerf since Elsweyr) + UNSUSTAINABLE

Tools to deal with the DoTs meta -> NONE

Position in the PvP builds and classes available ? BOTTOM.

What does noobs ? ASKING FOR MOARE SORC NERFS.

What does ZoS ? NERF SORCS.

What I do ? ALT F4

Sorc class suffers from its design as the DK (hold the ground and kill everything in mele range) class suffered in the past. What the class does very well is burst and mobility. Ppl will continue asking for nerfes because ZoS didnt nerfed the burst and Sorcs will continue to make kills.

Luckily the magicka version of the class has never been in the bottom in PvP so far. And for 5 years that is amazing achievement. All the other classes had period of time where there were really unplayble and you had to be a masochist to play them.
    Because I can!
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to insult. Not many reps answer.

But said that, yeah, this could be a good time to come here and say "hey guys, dont worry. We have changed many things, you need to work out a bit your gear and builds but in the end, everything will be sorted out."

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    q

How is Streak nerfed???

It was nerfed in a previous patch, my comment still stands. We wouldn't want those light armour squishy magika builds actually being able to kite effectively would we.

Meanwhile, stam bulilds can dodge roll and sprint and have movement/speed buffs.

So they nerf sheilds so sorcs are more squishy, nerf evading ability and nerf damage, not to mention the massive changes they did to hurt sustain.

Shields size increased in this patch.
    Streak is unblockable now and it's cost after usage much decreased..
    (and i'm sure it's mistake to make it such powerfull one)

I'm really wondered to hear that sorc "are nerfed".
    Pet sorcs (which were very overpowered and deserved to be nerfed) got nerf yes.
    But not other ones...

Also, stun...dude, unblockable and undodgeable streak, unblockable rune cage (please don't push me trash about it's hard to use - if u can't - l2p, it's extremly nice for timed out burst damage).
    And 15 m range for Destructive Clench stun is usable.
    Can't use? - l2p.

It's maximum range was, same as Drain shot, a big mistake of combat designers as a part of Murkmire "improvements".
    And current change is very healthy for the game in general and fix of that mistake.
    It should be defensive, not offensive from horizon hell knows who used into your back as it was ~10 month...
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 13, 2019 2:42PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields size increased in this patch
    Too bad you can't read. Well, maybe read, but not comprehend.

The cap on the shields got increased from 50% to 60% which you read as "Shields size increased in this patch" which of course they are not since the vast majority of MagSorcs that rely on those shields will never even get close to hitting that cap.
    slap.gif

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

The cap on the shields got increased from 50% to 60% which you read as "Shields size increased in this patch" which of course they are not since the vast majority of MagSorcs that rely on those shields will never even get close to hitting that cap.
    slap.gif

lol.
    ofc if u want 10 million k max magicka and at the same time maximized shield size, u should precisely optimize your build with max health value also.
    This is what i said - for those who know what they do.
    Maybe u should also learn how to be able say about "can't read"?;)
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 13, 2019 3:11PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slap.gif
    lol.
    ofc if u want 10 million k max magicka and at the same time maximized shield size, u should precisely optimize your build with max health value also.

Ignorance at its best, ZOS should make you a Class Rep ...
    lol-2.gif

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    q

How is Streak nerfed???

But not other ones...

Also, stun...dude, unblockable and undodgeable streak, unblockable rune cage (please don't push me trash about it's hard to use - if u can't - l2p, it's extremly nice for timed out burst damage).
    Can't use? - l2p.

It's maximum range was, same as Drain shot, a big mistake of combat designers as a part of Murkmire "improvements".
    And current change is very healthy for the game in general and fix of that mistake.
    It should be defensive, not offensive from horizon hell knows who used into your back as it was ~10 month...

I find it very unlikely you play sorc.
    Rune cage does no damage. Its not worth a slot.
    15m is fine half the time, the other half, the skill slot is wasted.
    Who cares about pet sorcs? Its aids and should be left in pve.

I guess I will change my build completely and its heavy dot focus instead of burst. Its aids and I'm sure it will be common now
    back bar dots:
    Entropy+Soul Trap+haunting curse

/ Front will keep Destructive reach with master staff to add yet another over powerered dot that is apparently "good for the game"
    Edited by aLi3nZ on August 13, 2019 3:19PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No it doesn’t still stand. When was it nerfed, 4 years ago when they added the stocking cost? Because last update they increased stun duration. Streak is technically better now than it has ever been.

Channel your arguments to the right skills or passives. Because otherwise you come across as just a bitter fanboy rather than someone concerned with balance.
    EU | PC | AD
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it very unlikely you play sorc.
    Rune cage does no damage. Its not worth a slot.
    15m is fine half the time, the other half, the skill slot is wasted.

here u are wrong. it's fair restrictions. Any skill should not be able provide everything u can dream about.
    These skills are usable and worth a slot depending on your build

Who cares about pet sorcs? Its aids and should be left in pve.

I guess I will change my build completely and its heavy dot focus instead of burst. Its aids and I'm sure it will be common now
    back bar dots:
    Entropy+Soul Trap+haunting curse

/ Front will keep Destructive reach with master staff to add yet another over powerered dot that is apparently "good for the game"

Here u right. And I'm glad to see constructive part about what u can do in new patch to be effective as magsorc...this is it.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭

No it doesn’t still stand. When was it nerfed, 4 years ago when they added the stocking cost? Because last update they increased stun duration. Streak is technically better now than it has ever been.

Channel your arguments to the right skills or passives. Because otherwise you come across as just a bitter fanboy rather than someone concerned with balance.
    Stun duration is of no use in PVP and the stacking cost should be applied to cloak also if they want balance. I can see the change made for streak was a positive one at least, now matches dodge roll. so 1 positive change amongst all this weird direction devs are going with.
    Edited by aLi3nZ on August 13, 2019 3:28PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    slap.gif
    lol.

Ignorance at its best, ZOS should make you a Class Rep ...
    lol-2.gif

not sure if i have enouch time to do that but maybe u right.
    i like to investigate and review combat design more than play.

But ClasseS Rep. I play all classes and interested in each one to be cool and uniq.
    With general balance saved
    ;)
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely hate the change/nerf to Power Surge. Using this skill is mostly what kept me alive in PVE as a mag sorc. Now its ability to do so is gone. I loved how I could cast it while running into a fight and it wasn't targeted at 1 enemy. Now we're forced to use the morph to entropy which has to be cast at a single enemy and the healing is not nearly good enough to keep us alive in a fight. I hate using shields and have never even slotted one. I used pots for emergency heals and Power Surge to stay alive and focus my other skills towards doing damage. Now I have to slot a shield and will be spending half my time as a DPS using shield, pots, and entropy just to try and stay alive. I'll also probably have to change half my gear from being dps-related to being protection. Now I'm forced to be part healer and part tank instead of just dps. So I'll do maybe 70% of the damage now? And I'm forced to play in ways that I don't want. I'm really sad with these changes because it's taking away a lot of my enjoyment of the game. Forcing people to all play a certain way, just to be slightly successful is not a recipe for success.
    Edited by malistorr on August 13, 2019 3:51PM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, there are many solutions to Power Surge (Critical Surge and pots/Degeneration is one). What worries me more is the loss of Matriarch and increase on shields cost on a class that lacks in sustain.

Could we get another selfheal or sustain, please, that not a PvE sucky Dark Conversion? Instant one with less sustain would be great. Thank you.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stun duration is of no use in PVP and the stacking cost should be applied to cloak also if they want balance. I can see the change made for streak was a positive one at least, now matches dodge roll. so 1 positive change amongst all this weird direction devs are going with.

On the bolded... it's not.

When the duration was 1.4", depending on the situation, I would sometimes let the stun expire and get free 7" of immunity. Therefore saving your stamina for more dodges, blocks or more necessary CC breaks. Now you have to break every time, or you will die. And not every build can CC break on cooldown, not in No-CP at least.

But on the whole, it's quite negative I agree. I can get behind the nerfs to Harness, Matriarch and Masterreach. But Hardened Ward shouldn't been nerfed, not at the same time as DoTs and HoTs are getting buffed.

MagSorcs don't have HoTs to benefit from the buff, in fact Power Surge has been gutted, so they have no innate counter to HoTs. Only Hardened Ward spam which was already costly and inefficient against DoTs. And that's even before the buffing of DoTs and double nerf (cost & size) to Hardened Ward.
    Edited by Maulkin on August 13, 2019 4:16PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    q

How is Streak nerfed???

But not other ones...

Can't use? - l2p.

Just please enlightment... petsorcs overpowered? In which aspect? Not in PvE at all. On PvP were petsorcs the top dog? Lists dont say so. Anoying for sure and i agree that pets shouldnt enter Pvps, or take the LoS away.

Petsorcs have been totally nerfed without being 1st on class. It doesnt make sense.
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on August 13, 2019 4:24PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    q

How is Streak nerfed???

But not other ones...

Can't use? - l2p.

Just please enlightment... petsorcs overpowered? In which aspect? Not in PvE at all. On PvP were petsorcs the top dog? Lists dont say so. Anoying for sure and i agree that pets shouldnt enter Pvps, or take the LoS away.

Petsorcs have been totally nerfed without being 1st on class. It doesnt make sense.

did u played pvp before patch?:)
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Man, the twilight line got absolutely destroyed. There is ZERO reason to use one unless you are playing a healer. Don't get me wrong, some tweaks were needed, and the flappy lizard is quite annoying at times, but.... This was waaaaaaaaay too much.

Only Scamps, Clannfears and Storm Atronachs for petsorcs now, and scamp + scamp 2.0 still lack a natural secondary ability/attack every single other permanent pet has.
    Despair for the Living...
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why zos has to go with such drastic changes every-time they do something, if they want to nerf something, don't nerf it by 50%. Geez. why not 15% or 20%? They take the fun out of the game, removing the possibility for these boutique builds people spend a lot of gold developing that are strong in just 1 or 2 areas,.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Magsorc tears about a couple guild skills
    2. Stamsorc barely using A class skill.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    1. Magsorc tears about a couple guild skills
    2. Stamsorc barely using A class skill.

TBF seeing magsorcs taking the same path as stamsorcs isn't very pleasant. Some don't even slot Lightning Flood anymore to make space for Scalding Rune. Why take Surge if you can have Degeneration? Okay, most didn't run it in groups anyway but now there is even less incentive to do so. Count the nerfs to it and it paints a pretty sad picture.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 14, 2019 7:30AM
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    malistorr wrote: »
    Absolutely hate the change/nerf to Power Surge. Using this skill is mostly what kept me alive in PVE as a mag sorc. Now its ability to do so is gone.

Many PvE Magsorcs have opted for Crit Surge (long before Scalebreaker/Update 23) including for hard solo instances such as vMA. For PvP Magsorcs, it's a different story.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    q

How is Streak nerfed???

But not other ones...

Can't use? - l2p.

did u played pvp before patch?:)

As i said, ive played with, and mostly agaisnt, pet players in PVP. Ive written in many threads that pets should be taken out Pvp, not just sorc ones. Petsorcs were more annoying than topdogs. But in many BGs you can play with LoS aswell without needing a pet...