The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Hmm I don’t agree with having Sorc pets on a timer, especially as they are a main self-heal. What will happen is that if you don’t constantly monitor your pet’s timer and keep it up 100% of the time, when you urgently need a heal, the pet will have timed itself out.....which means re-summoning the pet before you can activate the heal, by which time you are probably dead. And if said pet needs to be kept up 100% then what is the use of a timer?

Edit: and that would constitute yet another nerf to the class. Don’t do it !

Already mentioned this on another thread. Heals should be taken elsewhere. Dark Exchange instant? DPS pets summoned would be fine if DPS
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Mayhaps Daedric Summoning could be changed to work similar to how warlocks in WoW work?

One permanent pet (from the ultimate or first skill) and then the rest of the line could be for summoning different types of temporary daedra into battle. Some could be for DPS, some could give out heals, some could give a barrier/transfer incoming damage to you.

Plus the morphs could be changed to include a stamina version for StamSorcs.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not a bad idea, already discussed I think that role could be shared with necro, both classes summon, one will do undead, the other daedra.
    If anything to count, just put healing pet into permanent so heals can be taken on demand.

I doubt we will see changes for good in a while. Shrug.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a bad idea, already discussed I think that role could be shared with necro, both classes summon, one will do undead, the other daedra.
    If anything to count, just put healing pet into permanent so heals can be taken on demand.

I doubt we will see changes for good in a while. Shrug.

Yeah. The only pet from Daedric Summoning I'll be using is the Tormentor for decent damage, gonna swap out the clannfear for Dark Exchange on my Sorc.

Maybe they'll change their mind about it someday or return Daedric Summoning to usefulness someday.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer's need help with sustainability in PvE. Perhaps looking into changing passives or maybe having a pet morph in the summoning line do something to help sustain similar to Warden's netch would be helpful (Let there be a stamina morph though please)

• Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »
    Sorcerer's need help with sustainability in PvE. Perhaps looking into changing passives or maybe having a pet morph in the summoning line do something to help sustain similar to Warden's netch would be helpful (Let there be a stamina morph though please)

Originally the The Twilight Tormentor was a Restoring Twilight and increased Magicka Recovery by (if I remember correctly) 10%. Maybe they could do something with that.

Could return the Tormentor to the Restoring Twilight and have it's active ability apply magickasteal to its current target or something. Make the Winged Twilight a flat out support pet.
    Edited by Perashim on July 17, 2019 8:46PM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top two pain problems on Sorcerer:

1- Lack of sustain. Even with the new set, the cost of skills are high compared with other classes and specially with stamina; Sorcs have lived thanks to petsorcs HA builds but LA builds bring way more DPS. Expecting Orbs change so everyone can use it and wont dissapear, but still.
    2- Lack of survability. Shields nerf, pet nerf, lack of a good selfheal... it´s mandatory to bring some up.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a possible rework for Daedric Summoning that I've been stewing on:

Ultimate:

Summon Storm Atronach- No Change
    Morphs:
    Summon Charged Atronach - No change
    Summon Air Atronach (Deals physical damage and is mobile and scales off max stamina).

Active Skills:

Summon Unstable Familiar - Summons a scamp for ( x ) seconds to attack your foes. Base attacks deal ( x ) Shock Damage and it will inflict minor breach
    Morphs
    Summon Banekin - Summon 2 Banekin for ( x ) seconds to attack your foes. These scamps deal ( x ) Shock Damage and inflict Major Breach on their target. (Summons 2 Banekin that inflict major breach, shorter duration, reduced damage).
    Summon Unstable Clannfear - Summons a Clannfear to attack your foes for ( x ). Deals ( x ) Physical damage and will occasionally tail swipe for ( x ) damage. While active, increases summoner's health recovery by ( x ). ( Deals physical damage and increases base health recovery while active, converts into stamina ability).

Daedric Curse - No change to base skills and morphs.

Summon Winged Twilight - Summons a Winged Twilight for ( x ) seconds to support you. Base attacks deal ( x ) Shock Damage. The Winged Twilight will occasionally heal you or the lowest health party member for ( x ) while active.
    Morphs
    Summon Twilight Matriarch- Summons a Twilight Matriarch for ( x ) seconds to support you. Base attacks deal ( x ) Shock Damage. The Twilight Matriarch will occassionally heal you or the lowest health party member while active. Additionally it will also inflict Minor Magickasteal to her current target when not healing. (Also inflicts Minor Magickasteal).
    Summon Daedroth: Summons a Daedroth for ( x ) seconds to do your bidding. The Daedroth deals ( x ) Physical damage with its base attacks and ( x ) Fire damage with it's fire breathe. While active, increases your and nearby party member's Weapon damage by ( x )%. (Summons a daedroth instead, inflicts physical damage and occasionally breathes fire, increases party weapon damage while active, converts into stamina ability).

Conjured Ward - Only small reduction in cost to it and all morphs.

Summon Flame Thrall - Conjures a Flame Atronach to do your bidding. The Flame Atronach base attacks deal ( x ) Fire Damage and its special attack deals ( x ) Fire Damage. While summoned, you can active the ability again for the Flame Atronach to cause it to pulse with a fiery aura for ( x ) seconds, dealing ( x ) Fire Damage with every pulse. The Atronach remains until killed or unsummoned.
    Morphs
    Summon Potent Flame Thrall - Summons a Potent Flame Atronach to do your bidding. The Potent Flame Atronach's base attacks deal ( x ) Fire Damage and it's special attack deals ( x ) Fire Damage. While summoned, you active the ability again for the Potent Flame Atronach to pulse with a fiery aura for ( x ) seconds, dealing ( x ) Fire damage and an additional ( x ) Fire damage over ( x ) seconds. The Potent Flame Atronach lasts until killed or unsummoned ( Increased damage, ability also inflicts Fire DoT).
    Summon Ogrim - Summons an Ogrim to do your bidding. The Ogrim's base attacks deal ( x ) Physical Damage and it will occasionally stomp the ground around it dealing ( x ) Physical damage. Activating this ability again will increase your Ogrim's damage by ( x )% for ( x ) seconds. While active, the Ogrim increases your Stamina Recovery by ( x )%. The Ogrim remains until killed or unsummoned ( Converts into Stamina ability, can increase it's damage, occasionally AoE bashes around it, and increases Stamina Recovery while active).

Passives:

Rebate - No change

Power Stone - No change

Daedric Protection - Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by ( small amount ) for each Daedric Summoning pet active. Rank 2 somewhat increases this bonus.

Expert Summoner - Increases the duration of your temporary Daedric Summons by ( x ) second(s). Rank 2 doubles this bonus to duration.

What do you guys think?
    Edited by Perashim on July 19, 2019 4:25PM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks more a change for stamsorc than magsorc, to be honest. Some ideas are nice but it doesnt solve every prob of the class. A summoned non permanent heals is an issue.

Personally i don´t like them much for magsorc, sorry, although i undersand they would be fantastic for stamsorc.
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on July 19, 2019 4:51PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, sorry to break your optimism but... you realize that this thread has probably hardly ever been read by any ZOS developer and not a single suggestion has ever been taken?

If I were you I'd go in the only forum they read: PTS.

Ah, in these 5 years, the only times I have seen "suggestions" that have been taken, has been after flooding the forums with dozens of irated threads.

Calm, constructive suggestions are typically ignored, because they make no noise.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the sorcer is a good class my main issue is

1) Pets are a bit naff for end game. They tend to be a bit stupid, die easily and don't do much in the way of damage,

2) Pets are ugly, I would like to be able to change what they look like, have a few types of summon which look different. Stats can be the same.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »

1) Pets are a bit naff for end game. They tend to be a bit stupid, die easily and don't do much in the way of damage,

2) Pets are ugly, I would like to be able to change what they look like, have a few types of summon which look different. Stats can be the same.

Don't worry, if PTS goes as is, you'll have no pets to worry about any more. Unless you want to be ridiculed in public for using something doing 69% less damage than before.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the change to Healing Ward do you think that stacking 3 shields is viable now ?
  • Heyodude
    Heyodude
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6mho25B63I&t=37s

3 active sorc skills, 3 out of 10 available slots... that's heinous, this next patch is going to lose you alot of subscribers, good luck zos, this whole new meta is going to be wholly non-viable the instant you need to move, or switch targets, or heal yourself, pretty much anything other than fighting a target dummy.

f_cking lame.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Libe builds will have more Sorc skills, im not sure Scalding Rune will be used, and doubt Barbed Trap will. Ofc, sustain will be worse - this parse can be kept thanks to using Glasty Eye Bowl (420 mag regen but zero health food) so don´t expect this build will be easy to sustain.
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on July 27, 2019 12:16PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Real life build will have more Sorc skills.

You’re role playing a Sorc in real life? How’s that working out for you?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Real life build will have more Sorc skills.

You’re role playing a Sorc in real life? How’s that working out for you?

Great! People stares at my large iguana painted in grey, and the parrot scares kids, but apart from that, is exciting!
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on July 28, 2019 3:17PM
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: Lets add more damage over time abilities so that people can slowly kill people faster and more casually.

Look at how high dots scaled up with compared to frag on the logs. "Doesn't feel like a sorc anymore"

I wonder why :/

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Expert wrote: »
    ZOS: Lets add more damage over time abilities so that people can slowly kill people faster and more casually.

Look at how high dots scaled up with compared to frag on the logs. "Doesn't feel like a sorc anymore"

I wonder why :/

Every class uses the same skills....that is the balance everyone whined for.
  • Heyodude
    Heyodude
    ✭✭✭
    sorc overload rework,

ultimate cost 120

unmorphed- Release the inner storm shocking enemies within 10 meters for 12000 damage and applying off balance

morph one- Release the inner storm shocking enemies within 10 meters for 12000 damage applying minor vunerablity, empowering light attacks for 10 seconds

morph two- Release the inner torrent buffeting enemies within 10 meter for 12000 damage applying offbalance and bleeding for 8000 over 10 seconds

make this ability able to proc off of master architect and sorcs have another viable build to farm.

this rework would ultimately appease both pve and pvp, giving pve a viable master architect ulti to work with and pvp can stop whining about overloads 1 to 2 shot abilty and start whining about getting pwnd by a great bait a switch tactic.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    AshTal wrote: »

Don't worry, if PTS goes as is, you'll have no pets to worry about any more. Unless you want to be ridiculed in public for using something doing 69% less damage than before.

The most likely outcome is that only the Scamp or Clannfear will be used on "Pet Sorc" builds, with the Winged Twilight and Matrarch morph being relegated to Sorcerer Healers only.

Not sure about the Storm Atronach.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    It´s ok to have just Scamp for DDs and Matriarch for healers. Just create a selfheal for DDs or improve some of the heals that already Sorc has and that are subpar (Dark Conversion, Surge). In anyways, i doubt SOrc healers would waste 2 slots on a heal. There are many buffs/debuffs/heals that need such valuable space.

Best thing to do is just not slot Twilight. Show that the nerf has been so big that is not worth to waste 2 slots. Liko already did it on Sorc parses but ofc, Liko doesnt have to heal, dummies dont riposte (yet).

• Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    It´s ok to have just Scamp for DDs and Matriarch for healers. Just create a selfheal for DDs or improve some of the heals that already Sorc has and that are subpar (Dark Conversion, Surge). In anyways, i doubt SOrc healers would waste 2 slots on a heal. There are many buffs/debuffs/heals that need such valuable space.

Best thing to do is just not slot Twilight. Show that the nerf has been so big that is not worth to waste 2 slots. Liko already did it on Sorc parses but ofc, Liko doesnt have to heal, dummies dont riposte (yet).

Problem with Scamp is that its already low base attack damage has been reduced, so if its ability isn't active at all times there's a much bigger loss of DPS (Plus it only has one attack outside of its ability, unlike every other permapet in the game). The Clannfear on the other hand could possibly take the place of Dark Conversion, so long as your other skills make up for it.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many people complains pets are "fire and forget", or said in another way, "free DPS" (call free to 2 skill slots is ... weird).

IF you put low DPS on a pet and then great DPS on an activated skill, actually you´re doing the same thing than other classes. Which is standarization and by the looks is what ZoS want, and players wont get irated about it.

So i´m fine with low DPS permanent pets with high DPS skills. At the end, the idea is that the pet is worthy to waste two skill slots, and to get around same DPS as slotting two active skills.

Since Sorc sustain is so bad, it´s good to have some "cheap" ways of getting DPS. I said good? Sorry. I meant necessary.

Clannfear will be better than Matriarch probably as they both heal but it does more damage, but unfortunatly it takes the Scamp spot, which will be the only played pet. Clannfear will see play in Pvp though.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Many people complains pets are "fire and forget", or said in another way, "free DPS" (call free to 2 skill slots is ... weird).

IF you put low DPS on a pet and then great DPS on an activated skill, actually you´re doing the same thing than other classes. Which is standarization and by the looks is what ZoS want, and players wont get irated about it.

So i´m fine with low DPS permanent pets with high DPS skills. At the end, the idea is that the pet is worthy to waste two skill slots, and to get around same DPS as slotting two active skills.

Since Sorc sustain is so bad, it´s good to have some "cheap" ways of getting DPS. I said good? Sorry. I meant necessary.

Clannfear will be better than Matriarch probably as they both heal but it does more damage, but unfortunatly it takes the Scamp spot, which will be the only played pet. Clannfear will see play in Pvp though.

I agree, though it would be nice if the Scamp got another natural attack (Like the Clannfear's Tail Swipe, and the Twilight line's Kicks, and the Bear's Cone Swipe) to bring it in line with all of the other perma pets.

Matriarch will be used more than Clannfear in terms of healing, since it will heal multiple targets, but I agree that in just about every other situation the Clannfear and Scamp will be the only pets used.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »

I agree, though it would be nice if the Scamp got another natural attack (Like the Clannfear's Tail Swipe, and the Twilight line's Kicks, and the Bear's Cone Swipe) to bring it in line with all of the other perma pets.

Matriarch will be used more than Clannfear in terms of healing, since it will heal multiple targets, but I agree that in just about every other situation the Clannfear and Scamp will be the only pets used.

Agree.Scamp should have a secondary attack. Matriarch will be used on dungeons with no healer, thats all.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc dps:

1. DPS lower than other classes so not wanting to slot shield and spend time casting 1 or fall even much farther below other classes in DPS while just trying to stay alive. Die much too easily.

2. Did I mention DPS is much lower for mag sorc thatn stam characters?
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain point: you have to slot the same pet skill in both bars.

With the nerf to matriarch maybe make 1 skill per bar viable so pet won't vanish if bar swap
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pets must be redesigned. One skill slot. Low base DPS on all them. Effects would be:

Matriarch gives selfheal (and pets).
    Tormentor good DPS activator.
    Scalp good DPS activator.
    Clannfear stun and some DPS.

This way they would be much more viable and yet not overpowered.
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on August 11, 2019 10:19PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CLASS REP WHERE THE ACTUAL F ARE YOU???

WE CHECKED BACK TO NOV 2018 AND COULDN'T FIND A SINGLE POST?
    THAT'S FOUR UPDATES AND FOUR NERFS UNCHALLENGED.