The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class spammable !!!
    For they are what makes a class unique at the very first place whether be it surprise attack , jabs , whip or cliff racer would be awesome if we get one for both mag sorc and stam sorc and maybe a fracture for every class have fracture (shalks, surprise attack , power of light , noxious breadth) except for sorcs.
    Edited by r34lian on May 2, 2019 11:22AM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    Class spammable !!!
    For they are what makes a class unique at the very first place whether be it surprise attack , jabs , whip or cliff racer would be awesome if we get one for both mag sorc and stam sorc and maybe a fracture for every class have fracture (shalks, surprise attack , power of light , noxious breadth) except for sorcs.

I think they should modify the Tormentor special attack into a spammable ranged attack instead of a buff to the zaps.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Conjured ward. Make it a sword and shield themed skill. Hardened ward stays the same, empowered ward becomes conjure sword, a melee stam spammable.

Or

Mage's fury. Keep endless fury a magic execute, mage's wrath becomes mage's strength, a stamina costing melee reverse execute spammable. Deals like 1% more damage per skill rank to targets above 75%. The bonus reverse execute damage is shock damage in a 4 meter radius

-stam sorc player
    Edited by bigelle.x3_ESO on May 2, 2019 1:12PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any changes coming up for stam sorcs this patch beside streak?
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any changes coming up for stam sorcs this patch beside streak?

1) Dizzy Swing does less burst damage.
    2) Heavy Attack + Critrush can now be used as a spammable again.
    3) Everyone will be quick again in PvP.
    4) Dots lose upfront damage
    5) Using a Master 2hander + Cleave + Heavy OL attack should be okay in anti- group situations (no CP)

But... no, those changes are all non-sorc specific. They mock us with the streak change so that we can´t claim that we are being ignored ;)

edit: I left out the whirlwind changes because it has always been a kind of spammable for many of us.
    Edited by Thraben on May 6, 2019 4:29PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    5) Using a Master 2hander + Cleave + Heavy OL attack should be okay in anti- group situations (no CP)

While we're at it, OL just became worse for CP stamsorcs in comparison to mag because it will now benefit from Staff Expert.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of the class reps post a comment on anything? I just feel like this thread is just a way to redirect the players away from dev and nobody actually is read these threads as I have see so many complaints and people asking for changes, yet we do not get anything.

As I see it, this thread has been total waste and no sorc changes has been made for the favor of the class, only nerfs and little tweaks to make us quite.
    Like wind atro been asked for for more than a year, and I not see how is it a challange for dev since all class exept for sorc have 1 ulti morphed for stam or mag use. Real shame it is.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Stamsorc[/center

btw who is the class rep here ?]
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to say I’m surprised the changes they hinted at in the class rep meetings (“that’s for Update 22”, “look at Sorc offense”, etc) are not included in Update 22. But I’m not. I fully expected that these were as probable as a fix for the stuck in combat bug.

Not everyone loves to be a zookeeper. I play a pet Sorc in PvE because it’s the easiest way to achieving acceptable results, but that doesn’t mean it’s a lot of fun. And no matter how strong they are, I absolutely can’t bring myself to play one in PvP. I just wish they’d rework most stuff at this point.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc just got ZOSbuffed via Silence on Incap.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    RIP Stamsorc[/center

btw who is the class rep here ?]

To be fair, the class reps were ignored, too. Again.

What we need is a class DEV. Someone who understands and loves Sorcs, and fights with the other class DEVS over skill changes and issues of balance.

There is so much that could be done without really harming the general class balance, but which would increase the general satisfaction.

Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope our Sorc class rep fights hard enough for our class because I sometimes get the feeling that stam class shout so hard that magsorcs just quietly die in the corner.
    Edited by marius_buys on August 13, 2019 10:42AM
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just let the Matriarch spawn with a full health bar already? Tired of entering BGs and have the Matriarch spawn with only half a health bar
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope our Sorc class rep fights hard enough for our class because I dometimes get the feeling that stam class shout so hard that magsorcs just quietly die in the corner.

Who is even representing Sorc (StamSorc!)? I feel like StamSorc isn't even thought about.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we have no class rep ?
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK @Hexys was supposed to be the Sorc Class Rep, although ZOS has stated that actual Class Reps don’t really exist - everyone in the program should give feedback on everything. @Hexys left the program though I guess, so there isn’t a specific Sorc Rep.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    specific class rep is superfluous esp if person focused only on one aspect of the game
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take away 50% health cap for shields.

or atleast learn to seperate sheild nerf between pve and pvp.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just my two cents

() = new or changes

Storm Calling

Skills

Bolt Escape:
    Ball of Lightning(Morph) ->(new) -> Path of Rage
    • Transform yourself into pure energy and rush forward, spawns lightning sparks on the ground which do x amount physical damage over x seconds.
    • Casting again within 4 seconds cost 50% more Stamina.

Mage's Fury:
    Endless Fury (Morph) -> (new) -> Lightning Blade
    • Channels energy in your hand to form a lightning blade.
    • Deals xxx% more damage to targets below 20% Heath. Every 4% the enemy is hit by a lightning strike which deals additional xxx physical damage.
    • Range 4-8m

Passives
    Capacitor
    Rank I Increases Magicka ( and Stamina )Recovery by 5%.
    Rank II Increases Magicka ( and Stamina )Recovery by 10%.

Dark Magic Skills
    Encase:
    Restraining Prison (Morph) -> (new) -> Flashing bolts
    • Throw infused lightning bolts to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds (Area)
    • This ability cannot be blocked.

Passives
    Exploitation
    Rank I Activating a Dark Magic ability grants Minor Prophecy to nearby allies, increasing Spell ( and Weapon ) Critical by 657 for 10 ( 5 ) seconds.
    Rank II Activating a Dark Magic ability grants Minor Prophecy to nearby allies, increasing Spell ( and Weapon )Critical by 657 for 20 ( 10 )seconds.

Daedric Summoning
    no changes

further changes may be added and quoted for changes
    Groupfinder:

Rulz of Morrowind:
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc really needs something done to it, but I'm not sure what. It's like I may as well not have a class at all lol
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Change Mage's Wrath to a class spammable, but use the Overload animation for it.

Change Overload to a massive lightning storm (remove weapon ultimates).

Make Daedric Summoning a world skill line.

Replace Daedric Summoning with an Oblivion line, giving Sorcerers proper wards which act EXACTLY like shields and bound weaponry with buffs and debuffs and life steal etc.

But first of all fix all of the passives, making them useful for Magicka and Stamina. And give us a good burst heal like every other class that DOES NOT need a pet.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    just my two cents

() = new or changes

Storm Calling

Skills

Bolt Escape:
    Ball of Lightning(Morph) ->(new) -> Path of Rage
    • Transform yourself into pure energy and rush forward, spawns lightning sparks on the ground which do x amount physical damage over x seconds.
    • Casting again within 4 seconds cost 50% more Stamina.

Mage's Fury:
    Endless Fury (Morph) -> (new) -> Lightning Blade
    • Channels energy in your hand to form a lightning blade.
    • Deals xxx% more damage to targets below 20% Heath. Every 4% the enemy is hit by a lightning strike which deals additional xxx physical damage.
    • Range 4-8m

Passives
    Capacitor
    Rank I Increases Magicka ( and Stamina )Recovery by 5%.
    Rank II Increases Magicka ( and Stamina )Recovery by 10%.

Dark Magic Skills
    Encase:
    Restraining Prison (Morph) -> (new) -> Flashing bolts
    • Throw infused lightning bolts to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds (Area)
    • This ability cannot be blocked.

Passives
    Exploitation
    Rank I Activating a Dark Magic ability grants Minor Prophecy to nearby allies, increasing Spell ( and Weapon ) Critical by 657 for 10 ( 5 ) seconds.
    Rank II Activating a Dark Magic ability grants Minor Prophecy to nearby allies, increasing Spell ( and Weapon )Critical by 657 for 20 ( 10 )seconds.

Daedric Summoning
    no changes

further changes may be added and quoted for changes

Make it air or earth. Lightning is a, no, THE mage element.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I’d like to say I’m surprised the changes they hinted at in the class rep meetings (“that’s for Update 22”, “look at Sorc offense”, etc) are not included in Update 22. But I’m not. I fully expected that these were as probable as a fix for the stuck in combat bug.

Not everyone loves to be a zookeeper. I play a pet Sorc in PvE because it’s the easiest way to achieving acceptable results, but that doesn’t mean it’s a lot of fun. And no matter how strong they are, I absolutely can’t bring myself to play one in PvP. I just wish they’d rework most stuff at this point.

Don't worry, you have got your pet sorc nerf, with nothing else in exchange.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain Points
    1. Stam variant missing class soul/identity
    2. Sustain issues still a major problem

StamSorc is nice, not bad while I would love a frag or a curse or what have you that might go against the design path I understand ZOS has for Sorc. FINE then, could StamSorc atleast get a damage boost on hurricane and more importantly Overload ultimate is just a PvP tool for magSorcs it will not be used in PvE for damage, could one of the morphs be given to stamSorc, that NOT ATRONACH should be the best damage available to stamSorcs as it fits the theme of the class, a skill that buffs weapon use as it would buff light attacks. Make the weapons glow white or something or shoot air blasts something that makes weaving prioritized and strong for the ulti duration. If it gained some stam return aswell it would really help the stamSorcs sustain issue in PvE, it would also give a good ranged ultimate for BowBow builds besides ofcourse the ATRO, which really that is the magSorcs spiel.

Thank you!
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for ruining my class zos, 10k ours down the toilet, but wait here are some pets, come back! Great devs, I mean Great!
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly I'm more of a casual player and RPer, but my biggest complaint about Sorc is the lack of options for pets. A Flame Atronach skin for the Twilight would be nice, or perhaps a Seeker. Maybe a Dremora for the Clannfear. I know there are some animation and visual positioning issues to worry about, but I can accept a little jank.

The above-mentioned comments on stamina feeling lacking are pertinent as well.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pain Points

1. Sorc has no spammable skill
    2. Sorc has no finisher
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Separate proper Sorcerer and Pet-Sorc, you will never balance the two. Pes are extremely annoying in towns (I do not know why you made the Twilight so big, you should have use the model for Inarai as it is much smaller). And please make Mage's Fury the class spammable, using the animation from Overload, changing Overload to a load AoE explosion centered on the player.

On a final note, the sustain on this class is terrible and needs to be addressed asap. If you cannot do that quickly, than a reduction in class skill cost would work for the time being.
    Edited by CambionDaemon on July 4, 2019 6:15PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Pain Points

2. Sorc has no finisher

stamsorc? u've forgot about weapon executes?
    magsorc - class execute endless fury ...

if to say about spammable...i think stamsorc should have something for timing. not for spam.
    saw someone asked for stam version of curse. maybe it.

as for me most trouble of stamsorc is no own stamina ultimates.
    stam morf of atronach could be nice.
    stam version of overload also.
    with a basis on Air nature of these morfs with physical damage delivered.
    for example Air Atronach can rush forward as a special attack for some amount of ultimates during it's duration. or create a Whirlwind.
    Wind Overload in such case can offbalance enemies in it's heavy attacks area and interrapt with light attacks.
    for example
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on June 11, 2019 4:33PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Pain Points

2. Sorc has no finisher

stamsorc? u've forgot about weapon executes?
    magsorc - class execute endless fury ...

if to say about spammable...i think stamsorc should have something for timing. not for spam.
    saw someone asked for stam version of curse. maybe it.

as for me most trouble of stamsorc is no own stamina ultimates.
    stam morf of atronach could be nice.
    stam version of overload also.
    with a basis on Air nature of these morfs with physical damage delivered.
    for example Air Atronach can rush forward as a special attack for some amount of ultimates during it's duration. or create a Whirlwind.
    Wind Overload in such case can offbalance enemies in it's heavy attacks area and interrapt with light attacks.
    for example

don't forget to make the daedric protection passive not tied to a skill tree stam doesn't use make it active all the time
    Edited by Lord_Sando on June 11, 2019 10:41PM