Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to read this whole thread. Countless examples of issues across platforms and not a single response from them. Pretty sad the elder scrolls online? Elder trolls online. Game performance needs to be addressed and fixed.
    Edited by stamcro on July 4, 2019 12:52AM
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭

While that graphic says *something*, it promotes wrong conclusions.
    In general, (the western part of) Germany has (and always had) a pretty good copper-based landline system. VDSL 50Mbit/s is available in large parts of the country. Then there are copper-based Cable-TV-lines in most of the larger cities, handling a couple of hundred Mbit/s. That's still fine for most private applications, no pressure for replacement. "Good enough" is the reason...
    (Of course some remote locations suffer from slow DSL speeds, due to the distance to the next DSLAM).
    After reunion, the eastern part of Germany had large parts of the landline system replaced by fiber.

Talking about some "newer" EU countries, mostly former communist countries - they had a similar landline system to Eastern Germany, but worse. Billions of EU funds went into replacing it (with fiber).

I hope this explains it a bit.

But: in the last 1.5 years, there has been a FTTH-project, eventually connecting most people with highspeed Internet. And the progress is fast, at least in more densly populated areas. 2 different telcos installed fiber in our town, within a year (which meant *a lot* of digging).
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    In general, (the western part of) Germany has (and always had) a pretty good copper-based landline system. VDSL 50Mbit/s is available in large parts of the country. Then there are copper-based Cable-TV-lines in most of the larger cities, handling a couple of hundred Mbit/s. That's still fine for most private applications, no pressure for replacement. "Good enough" is the reason...

In the last 10 years FTTC internet at my place went up from DSL 2Mbit/s to 6MBit/s to VDSL 100MBit/s to 250MBit/s. I'm pretty happy with it actually and don't feel like FTTH would be a needed improvement.

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They wont fix anything. They'll say 6months in hopes the fire will die down. It will be the same bad performance, if not worse.

You people who haven't been playing the game long need to not praise these people at ZOS.
    This has been going on for several years and they just now make a statement that they are starting to work on a fix. I dont believe you, ZoS.

How many of the current player base do you hope to dupe with this statement of a fix? Statements we've heard before.

You took what could have been a great game, but failed due to refusing to hear or ignoring the concerns of the community.

I think a lot of us old players are holding on for a miracle that will never come. I know my play time has been drastically reduced due to issues related to the performance.

I wonder how many more have reduced their time in game or just simply quit.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    This has been going on for several years and they just now make a statement that they are starting to work on a fix. I dont believe you, ZoS.

You can choose whether to believe them or not.

Personally, I believe that they are working on performance stuff, and have each time they have said it. What I reserve judgement on is whether the changes they make will have any noticeable improvement to performance. In the past, some of the things they have done for performance have improved things, other times, not so much.

For years, now, my impression is that they are basically trying out different polishes to see which one makes the turd shinier. I think that the several things that are causing performance problems include things that are inherently part of a core design and cannot be changed without re-doing the core design. So, they try to optimize what they have. (Polish the turd, peel back the layers of the onion, etc) Eventually, they will run out of easy optimizations, and all that will be left is the hard, expensive, work. Whether they are avoiding that work, or whether they have been doing that work, but it is taking years to get it done, I guess we will not know. At least, not until they decide to close the game and see they never fixed performance.

Bottom line is this... I think they are working on performance, and have been for years. I don't think they will deliver anything that will improve performance enough to draw a standing ovation, but hey, maybe they have been working for years on a silver bullet fix. I certainly want them to keep trying.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 5, 2019 12:27PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be said about ESO

https://youtu.be/1N7JTSWyW2s
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking of communication, where is the offcial Known Issues thread for current live version of game?
  • Vortigaunt
    Vortigaunt
    ✭✭✭
    “Combat system performance improvements”

So the cast times are here to stay... sad
  • ohaphazardo
    ohaphazardo
    ✭✭✭
    For me this game is rapidly becoming unplayable.
    8 CTD/BSOD yesterday, 9 so far today.
    There is nothing wrong with my internet or PC.
    The lack of action and communication by ZOS shows an appallingly arrogant attitude towards their playing customers.
    I want to play this game, I want to like this game. I CAN 'T
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They promised fixes about this and that then go silence
  • RecktrithiusOediphitry
    For me this game is rapidly becoming unplayable.
    8 CTD/BSOD yesterday, 9 so far today.
    There is nothing wrong with my internet or PC.
    The lack of action and communication by ZOS shows an appallingly arrogant attitude towards their playing customers.
    I want to play this game, I want to like this game. I CAN 'T

This! Playing since beta with some breaks... the state of game perfomance on EU server is getting worse with every new update, lack of action from ZoS side is really disturbing. I love this game, since Oblivion I have longed for TES MMO, been defending ESO during (fail)launch with all these nasty bugs(duplicating items just for example) and in years that followed. But it's difficult not to get frustrated when:

- FPS drops and lag spikes are getting worse
    - Cyrodiil PvP is getting worse(40 people disconnecting during a siege, infinite loading times et cetera)
    - LFG tool is in a semi broken state once again

And it's not like we have this issues since yesterday. ZoS made great improvements since launch, it was truly amazing recovery leading to ESO becoming one of top mmos, but the things I have mentioned really need to get finally fixed.

TL;DR For ESO+ players deal is getting worse all the time.
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    They promised fixes about this and that then go silence

"Performance for us is kind of the biggest thing that we’re looking at and trying to improve right now."

https://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-e3-2019-interview-focusing-on-performance-improvements-team-is-aware-crossplay-is-what-players-want/

Well that was Jul 3 2019, so not too long ago. (not sure if it was posted here any where though).
    Edited by deadsheepb14_ESO on July 12, 2019 9:46PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tell me lies
    Tell me sweet little lies
    (Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
    Oh, no, no you can't disguise
    (You can't disguise, no you can't disguise)
    Tell me lies
    Tell…
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They better take a look at NA too cause its gotten progressively worse over the last week... I login today thinking it wouldnt be any WORSE... and the server says "hold my beer"...
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They wont fix anything. They'll say 6months in hopes the fire will die down. It will be the same bad performance, if not worse.

You people who haven't been playing the game long need to not praise these people at ZOS.

How many of the current player base do you hope to dupe with this statement of a fix? Statements we've heard before.

You took what could have been a great game, but failed due to refusing to hear or ignoring the concerns of the community.

I think a lot of us old players are holding on for a miracle that will never come. I know my play time has been drastically reduced due to issues related to the performance.

I wonder how many more have reduced their time in game or just simply quit.

Older accounts with vet players already bought 90% of what they'd ever buy.
    You're (I'm) no longer fiscally useful to the game, and on the flip side use too much bandwidth compared to future $$ we're likely to spend.

The newer accounts/players haven't seen it yet, and are mollified by promises.
    They haven't been filled to the gills with broken promises and haven't seen the unending issues we've seen, yet.
    And they still have money to spend, which they'll continue to spend until they see enough of what we've seen.

And after them - there will be newer fish to catch later.

If you don't know the history, you can't spot the same old promises when they get made again.
    They look good to the newbs who haven't seen them countless times with no resolution.

The game had promise in the beginning.
    Now - the promises are showing themselves to be empty, after the same promises are made again and again.

<3
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blizzard sent me 3 days free game time, so I thought it would be a great time to compare server performance :tongue:

With heavy add-on use, ping in top left of screen:
    48287873532_788b6b9a72_o.png

I'm not going to stop playing ESO and switch to WoW. I still firmly believe ESO is the better game. But when I'm getting 150+ ping, with frequent spikes (meaning at least once every 5 minutes) into 300+, and WoW's ping is consistently this damn low. there's no way I'm going to continue subscribing to ESO. ZOS don't deserve the money for server performance this poor. I can live without the craft bag (it's full to bursting anyway lol).

I will happily re-sub when server performance is acceptable again (meaning well below a triple digit figure), but until then I'm going to remain F2P.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Blizzard sent me 3 days free game time, so I thought it would be a great time to compare server performance :tongue:

I'm not going to stop playing ESO and switch to WoW. I still firmly believe ESO is the better game. But when I'm getting 150+ ping, with frequent spikes (meaning at least once every 5 minutes) into 300+, and WoW's ping is consistently this damn low. there's no way I'm going to continue subscribing to ESO. ZOS don't deserve the money for server performance this poor. I can live without the craft bag (it's full to bursting anyway lol).

I will happily re-sub when server performance is acceptable again (meaning well below a triple digit figure), but until then I'm going to remain F2P.

A 25 ping WTF. Run a dozer through your server room zos and start again.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU server performance has taken massive hit lately. What is up with your upcoming fixes mr Firor?

Even the pve stuff is getting ridicilious. You get tons on random loading screens, crashes, the adds/bosses in the dungeon can have 20s delay with spawning and the list goes on and on...

It is getting ridicilious and many people are pissed off. I'am not even going to bother commenting Cyrodiil stuff.

So what is up ZoS? Yet another set of empty promises or are actually going start fixing your game?

Judging by the fact that you are about to start selling Skill lines on the crownstore it would indicate that nothing is getting fixed.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭

Your add-ons makes wow interface into gw2 lmao
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »

I noticed that, too! When I first looked at the screenshot, I was going "I know he mentioned Blizzard and WoW, but is he sure he didn't get lost and wind up in Tyria by mistake?" It took a couple additional glances (and remembering there was heavy usage of mods involved) to realize what I was seeing.

I do very much like that UI style, though.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like what I see...o.O
    Edited by Idinuse on July 19, 2019 11:24AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do give this game and company a bit of credit. They do try to communicate. However, ESO and ZOS been having server problems for over 4 years now.. and not just "a few months back." Ha ha. I also give this game credit because of its longevity. I also wonder every week when or if ESO going to implode and shut down. Still, I'm glad the game is still kicking and running; despite experiencing the same shitt been going on for the past several years that I've been playing ESO.

You just have to accept that they aren't going to be able to fix everything. Every new contents will add and compound on the issues. You get the same re-occurring glitches, bugs, lags and crashes. However, they do have periodic improvements to the game, as far as graphic and details. The game has been looking pretty good.

Also, I can also count on coming back on for a few (after been on hiatus for 4 to 6 months of playing other games) awaiting the next great single player game to be release. Just frolicking around in Tamriel, messing around, killing time and cursing ZOS and the developers in silence cause some annoying arse bugs and glitches that have plaguing the game for years now are still not been fixed. Yet, you still log on and play along and wishing and wondering when and where the hell is Dragon Age 4 and Witcher 4 and the likes gonna be released. Ha ha.

Game on, peeps, game on.. enjoy ESO for what you can..
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    rofl, been seeing this sort of jabber for five years...
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, it's an addon called GW2UI. Covers pretty much the entire UI, so inventory, character screen, talents etc too. And I have loads of other addons running that aren't visually apparent here (deadly boss, postmaster, auctionator, xloot, hearkitty, immersion, fishing addons etc).

I feel like it was important to stress the heavy addon aspect because ZOS often like to blame addon usage for poor performance in their game, whether that's latency or framerate, as though that's a player issue and not an engine issue. Here's WoW, with heavy addon use, running from the same PC and through the same ISP as ESO. The only difference is the game. And yet I get 25 ping on WoW and around 150 on ESO. That's not acceptable. Not even close to acceptable. And so that's the reason I cancelled my ESO sub.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's an addon called GW2UI. Covers pretty much the entire UI, so inventory, character screen, talents etc too. And I have loads of other addons running that aren't visually apparent here (deadly boss, postmaster, auctionator, xloot, hearkitty, immersion, fishing addons etc).

I feel like it was important to stress the heavy addon aspect because ZOS often like to blame addon usage for poor performance in their game, whether that's latency or framerate, as though that's a player issue and not an engine issue. Here's WoW, with heavy addon use, running from the same PC and through the same ISP as ESO. The only difference is the game. And yet I get 25 ping on WoW and around 150 on ESO. That's not acceptable. Not even close to acceptable. And so that's the reason I cancelled my ESO sub.

WOW is 100 times better developed than ESO

Blizzard didn't hire some 0 kill devs to do the work. Zenimax did ...

You see the result
    Edited by Delparis on July 25, 2019 1:39AM
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

WOW is 100 times better developed than ESO

Blizzard didn't hire some 0 kill devs to do the work. Zenimax did ...

You see the result

wow sucks ***
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    I did the math on how much the guild bank system robbed from me in time. Generously on the low end 125+ days wasted trying to deposit and withdraw on a bandaid fix from the first week of game launch. wonder how do you compensate me for that robbery. the list of things ZoS has allowed:
    1 Storage Bug going live and seeing 3+ years of work and well over 350+ items vanish. Took 3 months for them to give partial compensation.
    2 Guild banks system that is a joke.
    3 Having my characters stuck under the game world for nearly 3 weeks.
    4 Items sent either by me or others never arriving
    5 Gold paid via COD never arriving.
    6 Being blamed for the above things.
    7 Taking nearly 3 weeks for the first response to the Storage bug.
    8 Straight Disrespect when asking for my vMA weapons, master weapons, that were lost on that bug by being told they gave me enough stuff back.
    9. Accidently breaking up a guild I was an officer in and the stuff in the bank never to be seen again. The straw that broke the camels back for me is this
    10. 8 Characters from day 1 that I saved the names on and cherished since then now have to be renamed, my morrowind characters names have to be renamed, and the icing on the cake the remaining except for 2 thats right 16/18 characters total needing to be renamed. No apeals allowed. SO this company and the workers in it have lost a sub from day 1 customer, crown buying customer, loyal and helpful customer. Because of greed and arrogance. Put that in your pipe and smoke on it long and hard matt.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

A 25 ping WTF. Run a dozer through your server room zos and start again.

Heh, yeah, I'm on a wifi connection and get a solid 35ms on WoW. The difference between the two games are night and day unfortunately. It made me realise would a garbage heap ESO really is. Not just the server lag, but the overall performance of the game. I can't play ESO in summer because it turns my room into a sweat box.