Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This should be a sticky... wait what?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to convince the Devs that their product will fail unless they start to pay attention to what the playerbase is concerned about, is a lost cause at this point.

I hope this company crushes and burns in future to come, as I can't think a better way to be compensated for the beyond humanly possible to accept indecency they have put all of us through.

Now go ahead and delete this.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the devs probably care about the game, Gina probably cares, art and music department, they care but the person holding the money doesn't care about anything except the $$ and that's the real problem. And condescending @ZOS_RobGarrett and @ZOS_RichLambert aren't helping by throwing sass around on here and Twitter.
  • melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    bump
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people digging deeper and we almost know EU Megaserer or client is not in EU but in USA. :( iit's disgusting news.
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    melodeath wrote: »
    bump

Dont just bump the thread = add something & ignore it (ZOs are)

--
    The server has not got better, nothing has been done to improve things
    all that has been do in screw up guild history so that almost no add-ons that use this are working correctly :(
    @ZOS_MattFiror - when is something positive going to be done, rather that trying to cover the cracks up with toothpaste???
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problems, lags, performance...
    bla-bla-bla
    High ping, freezes...
    bla-bla-bla

Everything players complain about cost nothing.
    They still believe, ahem, companies care about individuals? Is it a joke? Are you truly from this planet?
    Everyone here is a consumer, potential source of money. Not more.

Players buy DLC, so-called Chapters (big DLC), they spend tons of dollars, euros, whatever to buy fancy costumes, they pay each month for Crafting bag, they pay and pay and pay again and again, because there is nothing else to spend money to, yes?

Want to change something? Don't be a consumer and don't buy, if you wish to make your vote be hear.
    Otherwise - every single complaining about game performance is nothing, but childish crying.

But it goes for 5 year and will go on until ESO will die decades later.
    Just put up with it. It is not ESO specific problem, but our society in general.
    Edited by Ruinhorn on June 23, 2019 1:23PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »
    Some people digging deeper and we almost know EU Megaserer or client is not in EU but in USA. :( iit's disgusting news.

Do you have any proof of that?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

jeah, pls provide atleast alink or so to undermine your theory
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

No, he is just desperate and in denial, he does not want to accept the fact that this is happening, that the game is crap and ZOS can not and will not fix it, ever. So he and a few other desperados cling to the idea that the game is not crap, just the server is in the US.
    Next week, they will bring up the classic "it is just DDOS from China/Russia" myth, you will see.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come this was pinned again?
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoultouraS wrote: »

It's just lag stutter. I'm sure it will appear unpinned again momentarily. If not, it's probably you, not them - check your internet.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Someone called them out on trying to hide it and they panicked.
  • Zoltan_117
    Zoltan_117
    ✭✭✭
    We can not wait till Q1 or later for the bigger improvements. We need all hands on deck now for the performance improvements.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job ZOS good job ...
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how are those improvements coming along?
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    So how are those improvements coming along?

In our Plans, no ETA though...
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos maybe only play US megaserver where all is fine.
    Try EU now.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know but tonight on PC EU it was very smooth. Maybe everyone was enjoying the sun and not logged on, but I found it noticable smoother.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know but tonight on PC EU it was very smooth. Maybe everyone was enjoying the sun and not logged on, but I found it noticable smoother.

Steam Summer Sale started yesterday.

giphy.gif

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to convince the Devs that their product will fail unless they start to pay attention to what the playerbase is concerned about, is a lost cause at this point.

I hope this company crushes and burns in future to come, as I can't think a better way to be compensated for the beyond humanly possible to accept indecency they have put all of us through.

Why are you even here.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Why are you even here.
    Why?
    You ask why?

Why does one keep holding on any situation of his life, although the signs are against that?

a) He/she is either naive, or too romantic about it and he/she believes that something will someday change
    b) He/she has spent a lot of time and/or money in it and refuses to be driven out because the other end
    has never provided the essential.
    Me and whoever complains about what this game should have provided and has almost never done so,
    are the ones who you should support.
    And here you are , coming on me, telling me what?

That "I shouldn't be around"? Is this your input to the whole debate????
    Is this you response to the situation?
    What about your attitude, are you gonna try the to pull off a "you don't have to be here" agenda?
    Let me know, cause I really like to destroy fanboyism.

Edited by KoultouraS on June 27, 2019 9:01AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why situation on EU side is worse than on NA? With all do respect, German network infrastructure is one of the oldest in EU, they were one of the first to have it but it wasn't upgraded to the newest standards:

"According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, less than 2 percent of Germany's broadband connections are carried by pure fiber-optic systems."

Source:
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/03/678803790/berlin-is-a-tech-hub-so-why-are-germanys-internet-speeds-so-slow?t=1561623173667

That's why I think ZOS should think about moving their EU servers somewhere else!

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/8ljfc6/fiberoptic_penetration_european_ranking/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Why situation on EU side is worse than on NA? With all do respect, German network infrastructure is one of the oldest in EU, they were one of the first to have it but it wasn't upgraded to the newest standards:

"According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, less than 2 percent of Germany's broadband connections are carried by pure fiber-optic systems."

Source:
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/03/678803790/berlin-is-a-tech-hub-so-why-are-germanys-internet-speeds-so-slow?t=1561623173667

That's why I think ZOS should think about moving their EU servers somewhere else!

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/8ljfc6/fiberoptic_penetration_european_ranking/

Sigh, this (unfortunate fact) has nothing to do with server housing/connectivity (or do you really thing ZOS is using IP connectivity like that ?)

There is a reason why a lot of server housing is located in Frankfurt: it's home of DE-CIX, Europe's 2nd largest commercial Internet Exchange node hub. A lot of companies choose the city for that reason.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source:

Sigh, this (unfortunate fact) has nothing to do with server housing/connectivity (or do you really thing ZOS is using IP connectivity like that ?)

There is a reason why a lot of server housing is located in Frankfurt: it's home of DE-CIX, Europe's 2nd largest commercial Internet Exchange node hub. A lot of companies choose the city for that reason.

Nope, but it represents country infrastructure.

Edit:
    Which is used by the server provider. DE-CIX is just a node, server needs to cennect to it somehow. Guess how?
    Edited by Mayrael on June 27, 2019 9:25AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source:

I suggest the servers in the icy north of Sweden! <3
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This again? It's been debunked so many times on the forums.

From what has been said the log-in servers (the ones you ping and get an NA IP) are NA, but the gameplay servers are Frankfurt Germany.

If the gameplay servers were in NA you would have more than 60-100 ping in low ping conditions. Just go play on PTS and you'll see the difference between EU and NA server ping.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source:

Edit:
    Which is used by the server provider. DE-CIX is just a node, server needs to cennect to it somehow. Guess how?

By high-quality fibre connections. The report you quoted is for private internet connections. There is (and always was) a ton of a difference between private (home) and business internet connectivity.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source:

Edit:

By high-quality fibre connections. The report you quoted is for private internet connections. There is (and always was) a ton of a difference between private (home) and business internet connectivity.

Not gonna argue with that, but in general Germany is far behind rest of the EU in this matter, thus I highly doubt they have better bussines infrastructure than e.g.g Sweden or even other countries that are investing in new technologies. Telekom for years neglected upgrades.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!