The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS= Zenimax Online Scam, enough said.

The O should stand for offline
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The message was clear on the first post. They are just delaying and buying time and provably nothing will change. It has been happening for years now...

Do you want to know how a server performs so bad? LIES!

What is left for us, the players, is decide if this game is worth paying for or not. Hint: it's not!
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

The O should stand for offline

Indeed my bad!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but reviews in Steam became worst of all time:
    U9YqKbp.png

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Those reviews clearly shows that performance problem hit large % of server population and not only PVP-ers. Can we have any update on plans, I doubt server will survive to 1Q 2020 in such state.

• Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Company does what wants investor does, but not what end of user -gamer- wants.

@ZOS look this is democracy you shuold assume big steps to reapir your company picture.

today is 11 June 2019

AbiMqhW.png
    Edited by Cążki on June 11, 2019 10:03AM
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battleground last night:

- swapping weapon unresponsive
    - failed two times to use ultimate cause server did not register my action
    - failed to use many skills several times cause server did not register my action
    - was with two more friends in a group we queued for second battleground and one of my friends was not ported inside
    - on that same battleground we got the bug and had to wait 15 minutes until the server filled our group with another player and the BG could start
    - same battleground both me and my friend got the same issues of lag and unresponsiveness, my friend raged and left the bg which caused mu character to be ported outside too.

We just have, at least, 6 more months of this fun gameplay. Half a year...
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Something I noticed yesterday when I was battering an enemy with my cudgel; sometimes when I swiped at him there would be no sign of any hit. No noise, no red bar. Nothing. It was as if I were hitting thin air. Not sure if that is a bug or simply him just shrugging off my feeble attack. :D
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.
    Hello! I suspect we'll get questions about performance more than a few times today, so I prepared a description of what we have going on to address performance concerns - on a number of fronts.

Even though there is very little new information here, we definitely could be doing a better job of keeping everyone appraised of how things are going while we are in process. We will be better messengers in the future keeping everyone up to date on longer-term fixes and updates.

First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers. We were forced to temporarily cap the number of concurrent users on PC EU and put up a queuing system to enforce it. We got the new capacity online for PC EU in a week, and added that same capacity for PC NA (which was very close to experiencing the same problems). We took the queuing system down, and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.

Second, the looking for group system. As we posted last week, we are working on a 100% revamp of this system, which is mostly used for Dungeon and Battleground queuing. We have a version done that we are testing in-house, although it will be a while before it goes live. We want to make sure that the solution we have scales correctly and will support the now massive numbers of players that are using the system. We are planning for revamped LFG system to be in Update 24, depending on how testing is going. Until then, we will continue with the only solution we have (which we posted about last week in the LFG update) - cap the number of players in the queue. We know it is extremely frustrating to not be able to queue for dungeons and BGs and get "cannot join queue" when you try, but at least now once you get into a queue successfully, you should be able to join the dungeon or BG.

Third: overall performance. Rich talked about this in his end of year message six months ago: we are currently implementing sweeping optimization and memory management client architecture changes that should improve client performance and especially client stability. These optimizations will be most noticeable on lower-spec PCs, base Xbox, and base PS4, but overall everyone should notice better stability and performance. This is scheduled for Update 24. Additionally, we have another set of optimizations scheduled for Q1 next year that will reduce the client "footprint" requirements and should speed up loading times.

Fourth: Longer term, we are in the beginning stages of combat system performance improvements that should improve overall game performance in Cyrodiil and Trials. Stay tuned for updates on this.

Obviously if anything else crops up, we'll investigate. I know that it can seem like it takes an inordinate amount of time to address performance problems, but we need to take our time and make sure that we don't introduce new issues while we do this. Thanks for your patience, and we will keep you updated.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/bwdb0r/welcome_to_the_elsweyr_update_22_aua/epwuxj0/

You'll find more details in our PC-EU Server Update thread from April here.

fail.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really is time that the leadership at ZoS got their collective acts together re. game performance. On the plus side you guys have the very best game in town. However, the negatives are big and growing - please read the sheer volume of negative comments and poor reviews. Things have never been this bad and your communication - as I have said many many times before - is absolutely terrible!

I have seen so many guild mates quit over the last 18 months, totally disengaged with broken builds, shocking performance issues in Cyrodiil and BG, and horrible responses on new issues from ZoS.

Please - and I really mean this - please do something about it !!
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax will for sure fix this in the upcoming weeks.

Naaah... just kidding, they can't fix it because they don't know how to fix it.

Incompetent as always. Zenimax never deceive me. They studied at Bugthesda after all.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cancel your subs. Stock well your valuable itens among your characters and just stock valuable crafting materials.
    I made my part. Already cancelled +.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY I SEE U WILL (lol) FIX YOUR GAME NOW, WHILE U ARE AT IT HOW ABOUT, INSTEAD OF GIVING US FALSE HOPES FOR YET ANOTHER 5 YEARS OF OUR LIFE,,, THEN HOW ABOUT FIXING YOUR ELSEWYR PATCH *** SO I CAN FINALLY PLAY BGS WITHOUT BEING DISCONNECTED EVERY *** 15 MINS I PLAY IT.

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH FOR IGNORING THIS COMMENT, AND WISH ME LUCK TELLING MY GAMER FRIENDS WHY THEY SHOULDNT START PLAYING THIS GAME JUST TO BE *** ON THANK U TRULY (PLS BAN ME, SO I CAN GO AND GET SOME DIGNITY INSTEAD OF PLAYING YOUR GAME) F.U. from the bottom of my heart.
    Edited by Karmanorway on June 14, 2019 5:54AM
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HEY I SEE U WILL (lol) FIX YOUR GAME NOW, WHILE U ARE AT IT HOW ABOUT, INSTEAD OF GIVING US FALSE HOPES FOR YET ANOTHER 5 YEARS OF OUR LIFE,,, THEN HOW ABOUT FIXING YOUR ELSEWYR PATCH *** SO I CAN FINALLY PLAY BGS WITHOUT BEING DISCONNECTED EVERY *** 15 MINS I PLAY IT.

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH FOR IGNORING THIS COMMENT, AND WISH ME LUCK TELLING MY GAMER FRIENDS WHY THEY SHOULDNT START PLAYING THIS GAME JUST TO BE *** ON THANK U TRULY (PLS BAN ME, SO I CAN GO AND GET SOME DIGNITY INSTEAD OF PLAYING YOUR GAME) F.U. from the bottom of my heart.

If they edit your comment, they can't ignore you.
    If they ignore you, they can't edit your comment.

giphy.gif
  • pepco
    pepco
    Soul Shriven
    but we need to take our time and make sure that we don't introduce new issues while we do this.

Have you heard about automatic tests?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pepco wrote: »
    but we need to take our time and make sure that we don't introduce new issues while we do this.

I think that answer is "yes". I am pretty sure that has been mentioned in the forum, at some point. :smile:

Automated testing is not a silver bullet. Hopefully, they have some manner of automated testing, but it cannot be used with a game like this to prevent regressions.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭

I think some time ago fact that they need more manualy test, not by bots. THye need to manualy test more aspects.
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only fix is rewrite the engine. Won't happen.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope ZoS will be successful on this . Game runs more like a freemium then a p2p now an if it continues should just be f2p period . Charging for this level of interruption is ludicrous .
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »

Square Enix rewrote their entire game including new engine when they made FF14 A realm reborne (14:13)

https://youtu.be/Xs0yQKI7Yw4
    Edited by Delparis on June 15, 2019 7:21AM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

Square Enix rewrote their entire game including new engine when they made FF14 A realm reborne (14:13)

True... But that company cares for their consumer. Zenimax, well proof is in the pudding
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »

I think some time ago fact that they need more manualy test, not by bots. THye need to manualy test more aspects.

Putting automatic test around some code to ensure some change in the code on another part does not break something is standard in software development and really should be used especial in large projects. It would prevent a lot of those little bugs that always come back. Manual testing is great for finding some "strange" bugs but automatic testing can cover a way bigger part and can assure some properties being untouched.
    I personal do not believe they have such a system in place or are just not using it right. All those little bugs that always come back and other nonsense we always see could be so easy be prevented with just some automatically testing.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish FF14 had a more fun combat, at least for me it feels bit dull, but man... Game is so smoth, it makes me envious. Why can't ESO be like that aswell?
    ESO can be so much fun and itsjust being ruined by poor performance.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭

ESO is too successful to spend any time to rewrite the engine. For sure they are checking the codes and rewriting them but that's just not enough. The engine is far too old but probably enough if people are still playing with this MMO and nothing better around.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do we now really let the server in this terrible state and hope for the best?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This server never was any better, the player influx and the continuous adding of patches and Ill tested changes, just made the issues more obvious. We need to accept that we have been deceived for quite a long here.
    It's hard for some people's egos , I understand that, but we have been buying and supporting something broken for the very beginning. Just ask the guys being here since beta
  • Comixfan
    Comixfan
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Today, members of the ESO team are participating in a Reddit AMA over on the ESO subreddit. We have seen your questions and concerns about EU server performance, server capacity, and issues with the Activity Finder, and wanted to make sure we addressed them in the AMA and here. Below is a response from Game Director Matt Firor.

What about EU & US console servers?

Xbox NA has been horrendous for the last week at least with regular frame rate drops, seemingly eternal loading screens ("This may be a long load time" - really, game? It's already been a long load time by the time I see that message. No may about it! And often times I'll see it 2, 3 or more times before it finally loads!), mob pop in issues, and power FX/sound FX delays.
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly the question as to whether they will do a major rewrite or just let it die to the point it self corrects will never be answered.

They have been so silent until FORCED to very recently. Sadly my opinion of ZO$ will now have been forever sullied, I am unlikely to ever buy anything they ever produce again, irrelevant.

I hope for those staying there is a decent resolution so you can actually enjoy the game again!
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I love the game it’s simply not that SE rewrote the entire game. They just rewrote/fixed the things that needed to be done for the game to work. There still enough 1.0 code in the game today.

What *is* different is the attitude of the devs toward the game. I can guarantee you bugs like the in-combat bug or the buggy GF won’t stay unfixed that long.

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I love the game it’s simply not that SE rewrote the entire game. They just rewrote/fixed the things that needed to be done for the game to work. There still enough 1.0 code in the game today.

What *is* different is the attitude of the devs toward the game. I can guarantee you bugs like the in-combat bug or the buggy GF won’t stay unfixed that long.

You didn't watch the entire video, start watching from 44:40

They rebuilt the entire game in 2 years and a half where the 1.0 was still running and patched

Edited by Delparis on June 17, 2019 10:49AM
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn't watch the entire video, start watching from 44:40

They rebuilt the entire game in 2 years and a half where the 1.0 was still running and patched

I did watch the video and read a few interviews with Yoshi-P (the producer of the remake). As a FF14 player I can tell you that stuff like inventory management and the netcode (at least till HW times) are 1.0 artefacts.